Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204671 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1426: Jul 15, 2018 12:55:10 pm
      No but he probably sat on the bench thinking "F**k me what a crap goalie we have, there goes another final", I'm just amazed Jürgen didn't have the same thought.

I'm amazed you take everything you read as black and white

I try to explain to my 8 year old to question what he reads and look around through and between the lines

I'm suprised an adult needs guiding to do that
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1427: Jul 15, 2018 01:21:53 pm

I try to explain to my 8 year old to question what he reads and look around through and between the lines

It's more about looking at recent history. Mignolet didn't work out, went from 2nd to 6th quickly. Karius won't work out, do we then move to Ward?... Yesterday people thought it was Wards chance. Why can't we go out and get somebody of quality, do we want a trophy or battle for fourth every year? There's no between the lines here... Karius is nowhere near good enough. It's a bit like saying lets put Origi and Solanke upfront and read between the lines. I can't remember Liverpool fans booing their own player, it's unheard of before season started. Klopp should notice something is not okay.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1428: Jul 15, 2018 01:27:09 pm

Sorry but I'm unclear what I have misread? Please enlighten me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1429: Jul 15, 2018 01:27:46 pm
      It's more about looking at recent history. Mignolet didn't work out, went from 2nd to 6th quickly. Karius won't work out, do we then move to Ward?... Yesterday people thought it was Wards chance. Why can't we go out and get somebody of quality, do we want a trophy or battle for fourth every year? There's no between the lines here... Karius is nowhere near good enough. It's a bit like saying lets put Origi and Solanke upfront and read between the lines. I can't remember Liverpool fans booing their own player, it's unheard of before season started. Klopp should notice something is not okay.

Of course there is between the lines

There is with everything

You think we aren't working on transfers behind closed doors? I guarantee we are, keeper included but if Klopp comes out and says all the keepers we have are sh*te then where does that leave us in a negotiation stance?
      I'll tell you where, up sh*t creek bent over

Sorry but I'm unclear what I have misread? Please enlighten me.

Please read where I explain the same thing in the other thread where you were slagging us off 👍
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1430: Jul 15, 2018 01:57:44 pm
      Of course there is between the lines

There is with everything

You think we aren't working on transfers behind closed doors? I guarantee we are, keeper included but if Klopp comes out and says all the keepers we have are sh*te then where does that leave us in a negotiation stance?
      I'll tell you where, up sh*t creek bent over

Please read where I explain the same thing in the other thread where you were slagging us off 👍
      It's a valid point. The only thing I would say is when Klopp defended Mignolet, at that time he had no intention of buying  another goalkeeper as number one. Lots of other clubs have purchased better goalkeepers at good prices within the time he has been praising Mignolet then switched to Karius. It is very hard to know what really is happening, but if we don't get another keeper I will assume it is because Klopp didn't want a new keeper. There will be enough of them available right now.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1431: Jul 15, 2018 02:09:49 pm
      Rib and Heimdall, shitting all over the board all day long. Just brutal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1432: Jul 15, 2018 02:13:31 pm
      Atleast I was not one of the fans booing Karius in a pre season friendly every time he went near the ball. That was brutal.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #1433: Jul 15, 2018 02:13:46 pm
      It's a valid point. The only thing I would say is when Klopp defended Mignolet, at that time he had no intention of buying  another goalkeeper as number one. Lots of other clubs have purchased better goalkeepers at good prices within the time he has been praising Mignolet then switched to Karius. It is very hard to know what really is happening, but if we don't get another keeper I will assume it is because Klopp didn't want a new keeper. There will be enough of them available right now.

I think it's obvious that neither Klopp nor the club want to overspend on a keeper. In this particularly dire situation I think they would have if the stars had aligned and they could have attracted one of the top 5 or so. But the timing just hasn't worked for us and, personally, I'm glad that it doesn't look like we're getting fleeced for Alisson (who I don't think has the temperament to come into the current toxic Liverpool situation and own it).

The WC is almost over, however, so this coming week may see some action. Let's not forget there was reported talk of Liverpool doing some background checks on Nick Pope, whom we wouldn't be able to make a move for until England's run was done. In the current market, he's the only realistic target I'd actually be keen for us to sign.

It's definitely going to be an anxious wait.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1434: Jul 15, 2018 03:28:34 pm

No just shitting all over you and other numpties who are happy with playing/keeping crap strikers and GK's
      Kopite78
      Reply #1435: Jul 15, 2018 03:30:09 pm
      No just shitting all over you and other numpties who are happy with playing/keeping crap strikers and GK's

Who's happy with it? Some of us just don't slag them off like children
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1436: Jul 15, 2018 04:26:04 pm
      Who's happy with it? Some of us just don't slag them off like children

Speaking of children, can we set up some sort of playpen for those 2 to do their thing in. Inundating the board with the same thing in every open thread is not doing anything positive for the flow of the board and encouraging other current or new posters to participate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1437: Jul 15, 2018 04:43:43 pm
      Speaking of children, can we set up some sort of playpen for those 2 to do their thing in. Inundating the board with the same thing in every open thread is not doing anything positive for the flow of the board and encouraging other current or new posters to participate.

I think you have said you are happy with Karius and also said that Mignolet was a good keeper.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1438: Jul 15, 2018 11:00:25 pm
      No, whilst Karius is developing his mental fortitude we are dropping out the top 4.
      We aren't competing for top four against Chelsea, City, United, Spurs with him in goal.. we are probably finishing 5th.
      Give or take a place, we are finishing 4-6. Last couple of seasons have been 4 which is great, but now other teams strengthened more than we have and if we don't address goalkeeping issue we might be waiting a long time to compete for anything.
      Don't expect player retention, it is all hanging on this goalkeeping spot. It is a very important position and it's never been so important to sign a new goalkeeper. Fans booing Karius now because they know... Liverpool fans never usually ban there own players so what does that tell you?

I didn't realise we were operating a support group for sh*t goalkeepers, I thought we were a football club with ambitions about actually winning things?

I am not saying that we should not buy a new goalkeeper, we need quality back cause injuries happen. What I am saying is we should not give up on Karius simply because of one or two errors here and there...

Look at  Hugo Lloris today  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1439: Jul 15, 2018 11:08:01 pm
      This is what I mean

If we want to be a top team the answer is no to your question

We need a good keeper and need to help that keeper settle in

If we want to fight for the top 4 and struggle to make it in the end then yes let’s keep karius and hope in 3 years after 20 errors he manages to turn it around....

The Liverpool way is not keeping players at the level of championship and letting them keep making errors that cost us

Karius should be sold or loaned out

Bruce Grobbelaar, David (Calamity) James to name two
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1440: Jul 22, 2018 10:56:32 pm
      Klopp sticking up for Karius is what you'd expect to see and keeping him as the #1 next season is the sensible thing to do given how expensive someone as unconvincing as Alisson is. Will be interesting to see who's his backup; someone like Ward, a veteran whose role will also be to mentor, or someone to challenge Karius for the #1 spot.

Sensible thing to do. :D
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #1441: Jul 22, 2018 11:02:30 pm
      Can't be arsed watching his F**k ups anymore, didn't think we'd see anything as bad as Mignolet but Karius seems to be pushing for maximum mistakes in the shortest time possible. Pretty much one a game now isn't he
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1442: Jul 22, 2018 11:21:57 pm
      You get what you pay for.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1443: Jul 22, 2018 11:28:07 pm
      https://twitter.com/IkerCasillas/status/1021151579871817728

This attack on @LorisKarius will end sometime? I talk about him like so many other goalkeepers. There are many more serious problems in the world F**k! Leave the kid alone! He is also a person. As we all are!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1444: Jul 22, 2018 11:36:02 pm
      https://twitter.com/IkerCasillas/status/1021151579871817728

This attack on @LorisKarius will end sometime? I talk about him like so many other goalkeepers. There are many more serious problems in the world F**k! Leave the kid alone! He is also a person. As we all are!

How can you disagree with a legend as Iker...agree that the abuse is ridiculous...but he isn’t in the right place to be our number 1 anymore.
      Personally disappointed as I have held out hope for a long time but after today’s mistakes, the straw has broken the camels back.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1445: Jul 22, 2018 11:39:19 pm
      How can you disagree with a legend as Iker...agree that the abuse is ridiculous...but he isn’t in the right place to be our number 1 anymore.
      Personally disappointed as I have held out hope for a long time but after today’s mistakes, the straw has broken the camels back.

He's not good enough to be our #2 either, that is the problem.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1446: Jul 22, 2018 11:40:51 pm

It's so sad, isn't it? Despite wanting a new keeper, I said many times he's a good keeper with huge potential, and I wouldn't cry if we kept him as our #1, but it seems the CL mistakes and us signing Alisson may have broken him?

Best thing for him to do is for him to leave (loan or sold) and rebuild his career somewhere else rather than being a #2 and not having the opportunity to redeem himself.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1447: Jul 22, 2018 11:59:47 pm
      It's so sad, isn't it? Despite wanting a new keeper, I said many times he's a good keeper with huge potential, and I wouldn't cry if we kept him as our #1, but it seems the CL mistakes and us signing Alisson may have broken him?

Best thing for him to do is for him to leave (loan or sold) and rebuild his career somewhere else rather than being a #2 and not having the opportunity to redeem himself.

Agree with this. One match has defined him in the eyes of the world and it was the biggest of them all. There's a comedy about doing those sorts of errors against West Brom or Sunderland which induces greater anger in the supporter but when it's on the biggest stage of them all it becomes a tragedy because all you have is sympathy, approaching an almost mournful kind of sympathy even.

The abuse he has received has been off the scale. He's not as bad a keeper as that and as he showed in the run from January up until that final, he was solid and dependable.

But you can see clearly even in pre season that the final is still on his mind and because of that he's in the wrong place at the moment.

That cu*ts still need to feel sly tonight and continue sending him abuse despite the fact we all know it was just a friendly and that we all know he's no longer first choice, kind of says more about them than anything else.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #1448: Jul 23, 2018 12:29:56 am
      The match result determines the scale of the error. Keeper's make mistakes, but for Karius to make those mistakes, in the biggest club final, and for those mistakes to cost us the game.. massive.

Meanwhile Lloris makes a fool of himself in the World Cup final but no-one cares because France won, and that mistake had no effect on the game.

Karius will wear his errors like a weight around his neck and other errors are creeping in as his confidence is shot. He can't even trust his own judgement anymore.

He can't face a match without thinking that he may end it by facing criticisms for a misjudgement or error.

Quick Reply