Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W7 D8 L7

Loris Karius Player Thread

Read 65648 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,216 posts | 372 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1560: Jul 25, 2018 02:58:24 am
      Quote from PurpleMonkey
      he has shown he is a good keeper, and had he not made those mistakes in the CL , I bet my life the vast majority of fans wouldn't have asked for a new GK.

There was a very small minority on this forum ( myself, Scottbot, 7-KK-7, Chats(or Shabs) and maybe a couple of others) and outside that saw faults and felt we could uprade, but a vast majority that was very happy with Karius

It wasn't a small minority, it was a fair number unhappy with him after about 4 games of his career here, and wanted him out at the end of his first season, let alone last.

As he was signed by Klopp, he got every chance to learn, recover, improve, and establish himself as No. 1. Jürgen didn't want to replace him and didn't want to pay anything close to a world record fee for a goalkeeper. However, now his error rate is rising and he's struggling with the basics. So Klopp has finally run out of patience and decided to act.

Karius has two more games left before taking up that long term vigil that goalkeepers do, on the bench. But at this stage, I wouldn't even put him through the games against the mancs, then see him concede a hatful and read the reaction he gets. I would put Kelleher in, and let him stake a claim for the League Cup spot. What have we got to lose? If he does well great, if he doesn't the result doesn't matter anyway.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #1561: Jul 25, 2018 10:35:12 am
      Please point to me the direction that makes you assume I am taking Karius' side over Klopp and the club?

And yeah, he has shown he is a good keeper, and had he not made those mistakes in the CL , I bet my life the vast majority of fans wouldn't have asked for a new GK.

There was a very small minority on this forum ( myself, Scottbot, 7-KK-7, Chats(or Shabs) and maybe a couple of others) and outside that saw faults and felt we could uprade, but a vast majority that was very happy with Karius, and that usually suggest one thing, right? Karius was playing well and considered a good keeper with potential.

Tell me when he was a good keeper ?

He always looked shaky and us not conceding was an exception to the rule, the vast majority had doubts about his ability and rightly so. Of course he had some good games (a few), but that wasn't the norm. In every game he had a mistake in him waiting to happen, in no way he instilled confidence in his defensive partners and so on.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1562: Jul 25, 2018 11:30:38 pm
      Most of us would probably agree that his stock is zero at the moment,the chances are that with Allisson our #1 GK now Karius will never see another game for us in a competitive match again. That's the truth of it so why pay wages to him when the club could break the contract and pay him his redundancy out. Everyone would be happy including Karius , he'll get a shot at another club as he's still young.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #1563: Jul 26, 2018 12:01:48 am
      Most of us would probably agree that his stock is zero at the moment,the chances are that with Allisson our #1 GK now Karius will never see another game for us in a competitive match again. That's the truth of it so why pay wages to him when the club could break the contract and pay him his redundancy out. Everyone would be happy including Karius , he'll get a shot at another club as he's still young.

I don't think the manager operates like that on bit.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Reply #1564: Jul 26, 2018 10:30:02 am

😂

Man management 101 there

Can just see it...
      I mean not like that wouldn't affect Karius reputation even more like..
      oh he's the lad who fu**ed up in the champions league final and he's that bad they just paid him off and sent him packing.. he must have a weak mentality as well I'm not sure we can take that gamble on him if Liverpool treat him so shoddily they must think he's not worth sh*te so we will look elsewhere too

Also from incoming players point of view
      always heard Klopp was sound but look how he treated Karius... couple of mistakes and he's wrecked his career by releasing him and not helping to rebuild him... think I'll swerve Liverpool me
      Scottbot

• 6,966 posts | 1057 
      Reply #1565: Aug 07, 2018 09:05:49 pm
      Really nice reception for Karius when he came on tonight. Anfield field crowd showing their class as usual 👍
      nikos
      • Forum Ian St John

• 447 posts | 54 
      Reply #1566: Aug 08, 2018 08:13:20 am
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heart warming reception for Loris Karius after receiving a round of applause from the Liverpool fans 🔴👏🏻 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LFC</a>  <a href="https://t.co/6nvSJkSAvk">pic.twitter.com/6nvSJkSAvk</a></p>&mdash; AnfieldTunnel (@AnfieldTunnel) <a href="https://twitter.com/AnfieldTunnel/status/1026924837984448512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #1567: Aug 08, 2018 09:08:24 am
      Really nice reception for Karius when he came on tonight. Anfield field crowd showing their class as usual 👍

As much as I'm relieved we got Alisson I'm happy and proud with that reception for Karius, hopefully he can rebuild his confidence now out of the spotlight. That reception would have doen him the world of good
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,615 posts | 929 
      Reply #1568: Aug 09, 2018 08:23:31 am
      Nice touch by our fans.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 407 
      Reply #1569: Sep 03, 2018 01:03:04 am
      Mixed bag in his debut match.

Good stop with 1vs1.  But then he blew it by coming for a ball and misjudging it.

https://youtu.be/w6LJ40S5BUk
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,238 posts | 966 
      Reply #1570: Oct 04, 2018 10:19:41 pm
      Just made another howler dealing with a cross that went straight in!

Am i right in thinking that this Turkish team has to sign him after the loan?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #1571: Oct 04, 2018 10:27:27 pm

I hope so mate Karius is a walking turd of a keeper I don't want to see him near the club again.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #1572: Oct 04, 2018 10:31:29 pm

Ah sh*t, I feel for him :(
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,508 posts | 70 
      Reply #1573: Oct 05, 2018 10:24:39 am
      He's average GK and mistakes don't help him. Really glad we sign Alisson.
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #1574: Oct 05, 2018 12:37:41 pm
      I am so so happy we got Alisson and rid of that useless Karius who is beyond damaged goods now. As much as people were puzzled about us keeping Migs it does all make sense now.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | 30 
      Reply #1575: Oct 05, 2018 03:18:26 pm
      Karius shows me that Jürgen is not god in choosing the real-deal-players. Makes me scared about Fabinho.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,114 posts | 2068 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1576: Oct 05, 2018 03:38:00 pm
      Karius shows me that Jürgen is not god in choosing the real-deal-players. Makes me scared about Fabinho.

The same Klopp that binned Karius for Alisson.
      Sit down.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #1577: Oct 05, 2018 03:46:38 pm

Karius cost us £4 million it was hardly the gamble of the century.

Fabinho has barely played yet.

Get your head out of your German Panzie arse.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,383 posts | 2063 
      Reply #1578: Oct 05, 2018 05:00:08 pm
      Still suffering from that concussion then..

Problem for Karius now is that all his moves are being watched under the microscope..
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,368 posts | 1959 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1579: Oct 05, 2018 07:33:55 pm
      Remember when keeping him was the *sensible thing to do* according to people who find Alisson *unimpressive*. So damn cute.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,008 posts | 166 
      Reply #1580: Oct 05, 2018 07:52:54 pm

Mate, you lack the subtlety to be an effective wind up merchant. Why don't you stick to whatever ManU forum you actually belong in?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,238 posts | 966 
      Reply #1581: Oct 05, 2018 08:23:11 pm
      Karius cost us £4 million it was hardly the gamble of the century.

Fabinho has barely played yet.

Get your head out of your German Panzie arse.

He cost us a whole lot more than that in the end!

In fairness dreadful post you were replying to but Karius while only costing 4 million was a huge gamble seeing as though Mignolet kept him out for long periods and when he did play he was even more awful.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2018 08:29:59 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,297 posts | 1738 
      Reply #1582: Oct 05, 2018 09:07:22 pm
      I think there’s a vision thing.....it like he loses the ball in flight........
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #1583: Oct 30, 2018 12:09:02 am
      "Besiktas want to return Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius, who signed a two-year loan deal with the Turkish club. They want the 25-year-old German to return to Anfield in January and for the Reds' Belgium striker Divock Origi, 23, to join them." (90 Minutes)  :lmao:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6209353-besiktas-reportedly-ask-to-cancel-lloris-karius-loan-bring-in-forgotten-liverpool-star-instead
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #1584: Oct 30, 2018 08:38:32 am
      "Besiktas want to return Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius, who signed a two-year loan deal with the Turkish club. They want the 25-year-old German to return to Anfield in January and for the Reds' Belgium striker Divock Origi, 23, to join them." (90 Minutes)  :lmao:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6209353-besiktas-reportedly-ask-to-cancel-lloris-karius-loan-bring-in-forgotten-liverpool-star-instead

That's disappointing to hear, I feel for him :(

Maybe the best solution for him would be to go back home and play in a more familiar environment.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,297 posts | 1738 
      Reply #1585: Oct 30, 2018 10:54:22 am
      I haven’t followed that keenly but had thought he’d done ok aside from one howler on a cross.......
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,848 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1586: Oct 30, 2018 11:22:38 am

What's funny about this ?
      Ribapuru

• 9,681 posts | 1056 
      Reply #1587: Oct 30, 2018 12:25:00 pm
      That's disappointing to hear, I feel for him :(

Maybe the best solution for him would be to go back home and play in a more familiar environment.
      his back garden?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 669 posts | 150 
      Reply #1588: Oct 30, 2018 12:45:05 pm
      I haven’t followed that keenly but had thought he’d done ok aside from one howler on a cross.......

whoscored who does their own player ratings has him having a pretty good season in the league with obviously not doing so well in Europa. I haven't followed his games but watched the highlights of the last Europa game they lost 4-2 (i think) and Besiktas were ghastly on defense being carved open like they were playing against City.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/107176/Show/Loris-Karius

Read an article on the situation saying he's been warned about his instagram posts that are being interpreted as disrespectful by fans with social media being something he really needs to stay away from.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,297 posts | 1738 
      Reply #1589: Oct 30, 2018 01:27:51 pm
      whoscored who does their own player ratings has him having a pretty good season in the league with obviously not doing so well in Europa. I haven't followed his games but watched the highlights of the last Europa game they lost 4-2 (i think) and Besiktas were ghastly on defense being carved open like they were playing against City.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/107176/Show/Loris-Karius

Read an article on the situation saying he's been warned about his instagram posts that are being interpreted as disrespectful by fans with social media being something he really needs to stay away from.

Thanks appreciated

Quick Reply