Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204474 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #460: Dec 11, 2016 08:13:24 pm
      Plenty of criticism in this thread before the latest errors. The lad has looked shaky from the moment he arrived. He might have had a few solid games but he didn't have a great deal to do in those games. He might have a better touch than Migs but that's about it. We've replaced a dodgy keeper with a dodgy keeper. Am afraid I am in complete agreement with that other 'knee-jerker' Jamie Carragher and agree thast he hasn't at any point looked up to the job. Much like the lad at City, he looks like a little boy lost in a man's goal, how tall is Karius? He plays like he's 5'9. Very nervous at crosses, indecisive and given we are already dodgy at the back, he is the complete opposite to what we need imho. I got slated for wanting Joe Hart when he become available but he would have been absolutely perfect for us. Above all else we need a big, strong keeper, who is assertive and will come and claim the frickin ball when it's in the air. Of course he may improve but given we look like challenging for the title this season can we afford to wait and find out? The lad has cost us 4 points (or been a big part of that) over the past two games.

Yea, to be honest Karius has yet to look outstanding at any time. I think if he'd come in and been a world beater like Matip everyone would give him a ton of grace.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #461: Dec 11, 2016 08:17:03 pm
      Carra knee jerked on Rafa and wanted him shunted for Roy Hodgson. I don't take his opinion as gospel and personally just think he's playing up to the media narrative.
      Kopite78
      Reply #462: Dec 11, 2016 09:45:40 pm
      Carra knee jerked on Rafa and wanted him shunted for Roy Hodgson. I don't take his opinion as gospel and personally just think he's playing up to the media narrative.

I'm not sure,  I think he just reacted as a fan immediately after the Bournemouth game

Unfortunately a TV camera was shoved in his face
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #463: Dec 11, 2016 10:02:44 pm
      We all know Karius is currently not playing well however I'm not in the bring Migs back camp,

If we are to give up on him ( and way too early imo) then we need to go to the transfer market in January as we all know what Migs offers and it's not too pretty.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #464: Dec 11, 2016 10:04:01 pm
      Perhaps he should have had the league cup games to build his confidence.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #465: Dec 11, 2016 10:34:08 pm
      Entirely predictable that after two less than perfect games that the knee jerkers are out in full force. There is a problem in the goalkeeping performance for sure but that problem is sitting on the bench remaining blameless and his name is Achterberg. Loris has shown in the matches before Bournemouth (a string of terrific saves against Watford and a very responsible and reactive performance against Sunderland two weeks ago the most notable) that he has a set of skills far and above that of Mignolet in that he can come off is line, punch clear and catch balls at a competent level. Matip and Lovren are so obviously much more comfortable playing in front of the German as well.

It's not a question of is he better than Mignolet? Of course he is. You have to be blind or have an agenda to think otherwise.

Give it a rest superfan with the knee jerk sh*te he's cost us 5 points in a week which in turn has cost us top spot. Prior to those mistakes he was hardly contender for keeper of the month.

Say it as it is he's no upgrade on mugs and is killing us at the moment
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #466: Dec 11, 2016 11:48:43 pm
      He's fast becoming a nightmare.

He's costing us goals and costing us points.

He is well out of his depth. I thought playing him would help after the Bournemouth debacle but it clearly hasn't, it's made it worse. It's still in his head, clearly. And taking to twatter to argue this with the chuckle brother has also kept it in his head and he's brought that baggage with him on the pitch today.

Confidence is shot, he's under the spotlight and isn't coping - the amount of room he gave Payet for that free-kick was amateurish as his starting position was terribly poor. And again for their second he came out then stopped giving their striker the easiest of finishes - his positional sense and decision making on saving shots is abysmal. Leaving him in the team could wreck him even more.

Mignolet HAS to come back in if we don't want to start falling further off the pace.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #467: Dec 11, 2016 11:52:11 pm
      More red flags. The very basic need of a goalkeeper is shot stopping. Migs can do that but F**k all else. Karius can't seem to do anything right, at least at the moment.

And yes, De Gea wasn't brilliant in his first season but he wasn't this bad.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #468: Dec 11, 2016 11:57:23 pm
      The arguing with Neville on Twitter was a really bad idea too and betrayed a lack of maturity. There was after all no doubt that he made mistakes against Bournemouth, so why get all silly when pundits talk about it? Either say "I know I can play better, just watch me" or say bugger all. Why heap more pressure on yourself by getting involved?

Heaping pressure on yourself by spouting off rarely works out well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #469: Dec 11, 2016 11:59:27 pm
      Give it a rest superfan with the knee jerk sh*te he's cost us 5 points in a week which in turn has cost us top spot. Prior to those mistakes he was hardly contender for keeper of the month.

Say it as it is he's no upgrade on mugs and is killing us at the moment

Not a super fan. Just seeing him for what he is - a better keeper than Mignolet. People forget just how poor Simon was last season and his most recent performance against Leeds United was very shoddy, fortunate to get a clean sheet from it.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #470: Dec 12, 2016 12:01:22 am
      Very disappointed with his decision making on their 2nd. The ball could be his if he just kept going for it. Instead he halted and didn't even open his body properly. Ball went in closer to the center of the goal than the far post.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #471: Dec 12, 2016 01:43:08 am
      Not a super fan. Just seeing him for what he is - a better keeper than Mignolet. People forget just how poor Simon was last season and his most recent performance against Leeds United was very shoddy, fortunate to get a clean sheet from it.

Clueless.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016 05:10:51 am by Beerbelly »
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #472: Dec 12, 2016 01:49:40 am
      its a weird one. every journalist in germany and those who watch german football that ive read were very positive on him. But he looks all over the place. nothing to do with 'new league' crap. He barely looks like he can stop the ball at the moment.

said this all summer tho. If Mig is not good enough to be no.1, why should we keep him as no.2?  keeper can get injured/suspended at any time. or look totally out of form in Karius case. And then we back to square one having a keeper in Mignolet who everyone knows isnt good enough.

Manninger anyone? ............ha
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #473: Dec 12, 2016 06:47:47 am
      its a weird one. every journalist in germany and those who watch german football that ive read were very positive on him. But he looks all over the place. nothing to do with 'new league' crap. He barely looks like he can stop the ball at the moment.

said this all summer tho. If Mig is not good enough to be no.1, why should we keep him as no.2?  keeper can get injured/suspended at any time. or look totally out of form in Karius case. And then we back to square one having a keeper in Mignolet who everyone knows isnt good enough.

Mig ? the club also just gave him a 5 years contract :mad:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #474: Dec 12, 2016 07:42:29 am
      And yes, De Gea wasn't brilliant in his first season but he wasn't this bad

He also got dropped in his first season if I remember right.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #475: Dec 12, 2016 07:56:53 am
      Karius getting ripped apart on social media
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #476: Dec 12, 2016 08:01:39 am

Perhaps manninger would be a good suggestion as coach
      Kopite78
      Reply #477: Dec 12, 2016 09:13:35 am
      I've watched him now in 11 games, and where I understand that's not a lot I genuinely haven't seen anything that encourages me... Bar the fact he's probably better than Mignolet that's nothing to shout about because he's sh*te too... All that tells me is we have two sh*te keepers

With Karius I just don't see it, I dont see the comparison with De Gea because even when he had a shaky first season he could save shots, he was the size of a cotton bud which he struggled with the physicality of the league but he saved F***ing shots..

Two different keepers have been brought in this summer, one from the German league, one from the Spanish... Neither save a shot, I don't give a F**k if they can do 15000 keep ups, they don't keep the ball out the net.. One being Karius, one being Bravo.. Bravo is 32 and he still can't save shots, I see Karius becoming more like him than De Gea

In the ground the lads constantly bollock him like I've never seen before with a keeper and I've watched some dodgy ones at Anfield in my time, Hendo before the free kick yesterday was shouting and telling him what I can only presume was are  you sure this wall is right for F**k sake... I mean the free kick was central yet he gave someone like Payet two thirds of the goal to put it in, which he did, and yet it still wasn't in the corner, he got a hand to it and it still went in. Payet is too good from those situations to give him such a big easy target to hit

I just don't see it in him.. In goal I just want someone who can save something because all the pressure we have, all the ball we have they have a shot it's going in at the minute, at least two last week and one yesterday were down to it.. Yet they say he's good with his feet? A. I don't give a F**k, just keep the ball out and B. I haven't really seen that either.
      Look also at his reluctance to come off his line, he comes but often a Second or two late like with the second goal yesterday.. A brilliant reader of the game in net is there.
      Look at his indecision at crosses, there was one in his first game against Derby where they should have scored, another at Swansea.. I don't want to even think of more cause it's doing my head in.

It's not being negative, I'm not that type, but if I don't see it I'll call it and I don't see it with him.. We don't have a good keeper on the books and I wanna win the F***ing league and you won't do that with a sh*te keeper
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #478: Dec 12, 2016 09:46:53 am
      What i will say about the situation is that i take issue with Carra having a dig at Karius RE the Gary Neville comments. First off off, I think he was misguided for doing it, but Carra might be an 'impartial' pundit these days but his love in with Neville is a bit cringy. Carra should have backed Katius up, even in a jokey way. Something on the lines off 'I've been trying to get Gary to shut up for years'.

Now Ratboys brother Phil has joined in with stuff this morning which was all a bit predictable.

Need to close ranks and back our own in public, just like the sky boys and Garys gimp brother Phil have done with rat boy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #479: Dec 12, 2016 12:01:21 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #480: Dec 12, 2016 12:42:08 pm

well, we only hope he improves then.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #481: Dec 12, 2016 12:44:20 pm
      What i will say about the situation is that i take issue with Carra having a dig at Karius RE the Gary Neville comments. First off off, I think he was misguided for doing it, but Carra might be an 'impartial' pundit these days but his love in with Neville is a bit cringy. Carra should have backed Katius up, even in a jokey way. Something on the lines off 'I've been trying to get Gary to shut up for years'.

Now Ratboys brother Phil has joined in with stuff this morning which was all a bit predictable.

Need to close ranks and back our own in public, just like the sky boys and Garys gimp brother Phil have done with rat boy.
      Agree mate haven't been too fond of some of Carras work as a pundit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #482: Dec 12, 2016 01:08:20 pm
      Still wouldn't drop him for Mignolet.

Would be looking to go and sign a new keeper next month though.

Quick Reply