Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204645 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #506: Dec 17, 2016 12:43:42 am
      By dropping him Klopp is either saying Karius has had his confidence shot to bits which doesn't bode well for the future

or

Karius is sh*t and we shouldn't of bought him in which case why did we buy him?

Or as Klopp suggests; he just isn't quite ready yet.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #507: Dec 17, 2016 12:30:48 pm
      By dropping him Klopp is either saying Karius has had his confidence shot to bits which doesn't bode well for the future

or

Hyperbole.

Just as with any outfield player (squad strength permitting), Klopp could just be saying, 'your forms dropped and your out'.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #508: Dec 17, 2016 02:00:20 pm
      I think it puts more attention on Karius taking him out than it does by leaving him in that's all. Especially as all eyes are going to be on him when he comes back, even more pressure.

If Karius had played and if we had kept a clean sheet (big "ifs" obviously) then everyone would of forgotten about it.

or

And what would have happened if Karius had played and fu**ed up again? What would happen to his confidence then, what would the pundits be saying, how much of a tit would Klopp look for sticking by an out of form keeper and most crucially how F***ing annoying would it be to not have the 3 points we got midweek.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #509: Dec 17, 2016 02:07:42 pm
      Or as Klopp suggests; he just isn't quite ready yet.

A new, young 'keeper from a different league was always going to need time to adjust and learn.
      I can't believe this needs pointing out, or that some thought he was going to be brilliant from the start.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #510: Dec 17, 2016 02:22:31 pm
      A new, young 'keeper from a different league was always going to need time to adjust and learn.
      I can't believe this needs pointing out, or that some thought he was going to be brilliant from the start.

In hindsight everything is right. But when he came in, he did relieve us of all that clown in goal sh*te we were going through.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #511: Dec 17, 2016 02:30:18 pm
      In hindsight everything is right. But when he came in, he did relieve us of all that clown in goal sh*te we were going through.

I'm sorry, and this really isn't personal, but I get pretty pissed off when people can't even support our own players.

Mignolet is an international 'keeper, and is nowhere near as bad as people try to make out.
      He has weaknesses in his game, but apparently is working hard to rectify them.

Neither 'keeper is at their peak yet.

He's not a clown, a c**t or anything else derogatory.
      He's a Liverpool player, so a bit of respect is in order.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #512: Dec 17, 2016 02:37:56 pm
      I'm sorry, and this really isn't personal, but I get pretty pissed off when people can't even support our own players.

Mignolet is an international 'keeper, and is nowhere near as bad as people try to make out.
      He has weaknesses in his game, but apparently is working hard to rectify them.

Neither 'keeper is at their peak yet.

He's not a clown, a c**t or anything else derogatory.
      He's a Liverpool player, so a bit of respect is in order.

There you go. That's what I meant. There was time we were all frustrated with Mig (factual). Loris came in all these nonsense stopped. And that's my point.

Agree with what you highlighted, but letting us down and making us frustrated was all in the past.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #513: Dec 17, 2016 02:46:43 pm
      There you go. That's what I meant. There was time we were all frustrated with Mig (factual). Loris came in all these nonsense stopped. And that's my point.

Agree with what you highlighted, but letting us down and making us frustrated was all in the past.

I wasn't really frustrated with Mignolet.
      I think people forget just how visible a mistake by a 'keeper is compared to other positions.

When a striker misses the target from inside the box, that's a huge mistake, but people readily forgive it, as they should.
      I think we need to extend the same courtesy to our 'keepers.

Karius is a young player, and he is going to need time.

In an ideal world, we'd have a De Gea or Cech with Mignolet at 2nd choice.
      As it is, we have 2 keepers both trying to iron out problems with their game, but it's plain to see Mignolet has been working extremely hard, and in fairness probably deserves his shot at claiming the top spot.

'Keeper mistakes mostly are down to a series of errors by several players, but the one that gets highlighted is inevitably the last error.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #514: Dec 17, 2016 04:25:55 pm
      I was in favour of dropping Karius to the bench but that does not mean he is our clown. We need to respect him and give him chance! YNWA
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #515: Dec 17, 2016 05:26:36 pm
      I'm willing to give the lad time and it was a smart move by Jürgen to take him out of the limelight when he did.let's not forget that the lad is only 23 and has plenty of time to improve. For now though he must bide his time and work on his weaknesses because he is klopps no1 for the future and he might even end up better than gibbon boy at the scum.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #516: Dec 17, 2016 05:46:33 pm
      Not sure how it works, or how viable it is, but if he isn't playing for the firat team i'd like to see him been given some minutes for the reserves.

Not much point warming the bench, think he needs games, but not sure how we balance that with being sub keeper.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #517: Dec 18, 2016 09:26:50 am
      Gary Neville on Sunday Supplement and they're talking about Karius. This is getting F***ing pathetic now. 1 of the panel is giving him sh*t for it but the others are cowering into a corner and letting Neville say what he wants.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #518: Dec 18, 2016 11:54:59 am
      Gary Neville on Sunday Supplement and they're talking about Karius. This is getting F***ing pathetic now. 1 of the panel is giving him sh*t for it but the others are cowering into a corner and letting Neville say what he wants.

Still?

He's determined to beat this to death, isn't he.
      gobs***e Gary strikes again.
      Maybe he can demand all journo's go on strike at the unfair treatment.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #519: Dec 18, 2016 12:24:17 pm
      Still?

He's determined to beat this to death, isn't he.
      gobs***e Gary strikes again.
      Maybe he can demand all journo's go on strike at the unfair treatment.

They must have spoke about it for at least half an hour. The thing is, Neville is not doing the journalists any favours, there's going to come a time when players stop giving interviews altogether because of sh*t like this. It's OK for pundits to say whatever they like but then they go crying to mummy when said player responds. The amount of backtracking he did on some of the earlier statements he made, he looked like Michael Jackson doing the F***ing moonwalk.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #520: Jan 11, 2017 10:36:44 pm
      Looked a lot more confident tonight, which was good to see.
      And made some decent saves, though none really that I wouldn't expect him to make.
      Definitely a positive night for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #521: Jan 11, 2017 11:39:42 pm
      Looked a lot more confident tonight, which was good to see.
      And made some decent saves, though none really that I wouldn't expect him to make.
      Definitely a positive night for him.

I agree he was good today but I'm a bit baffled what Migs has done to deserve being dropped.
      Kopite78
      Reply #522: Jan 12, 2017 07:56:10 am
      I agree he was good today but I'm a bit baffled what Migs has done to deserve being dropped.

He hasn't been dropped, he will play at Utd

Klopp has used the cups (like a lot of managers do) to bring in his other keeper, a lot of clubs do it to keep them fresh but I think Klopp used the opportunity to bring him in simply to get him some action and use it to put his bad couple of games behind him rather than let that become heavy on his shoulders even more than it probably was. Good management really

The hyperbole of claiming Mignolet has been dropped really needed? He will play at the toilet
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #523: Jan 25, 2017 10:31:20 pm
      Another decent outing for Karius, good to see him recovering his confidence.  Good save in first half, kept us in it, but Long finished well at the end.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #524: Jan 25, 2017 10:48:44 pm
      Another decent outing for Karius, good to see him recovering his confidence.  Good save in first half, kept us in it, but Long finished well at the end.

He did finish well mate, Hendo did himself no favours with the way he defended that chance in my opinion.

Karius did one fantastic save and was impressed with his distribution, apart from one, all night. Decent performance in both legs by the lad, well in Loris.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #525: Jan 25, 2017 10:48:51 pm

Agreed.

Something I liked from his game tonight was something we haven't really seen since Pepe. It was in the 2nd half, as soon as he claimed the ball he was straight up and looking to release one of our attackers whilst they still had a fair few players in our half.
      It didn't find one of our players but it was still good to see compared to every time Migs gets the ball, holds onto it for ages whilst they get back into position and running the risk of being pulled up on it again like last season.

Like I say, even though it didn't find one of our players, it was still good to see that from the keeper to try and get an attack going straight away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #526: Jan 25, 2017 11:05:21 pm
      Good game from him.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #527: Jan 26, 2017 09:19:20 am
      Agreed.

Something I liked from his game tonight was something we haven't really seen since Pepe. It was in the 2nd half, as soon as he claimed the ball he was straight up and looking to release one of our attackers whilst they still had a fair few players in our half.
      It didn't find one of our players but it was still good to see compared to every time Migs gets the ball, holds onto it for ages whilst they get back into position and running the risk of being pulled up on it again like last season.

Like I say, even though it didn't find one of our players, it was still good to see that from the keeper to try and get an attack going straight away.

in bold

was saying that to myself last night, how quick he was to release the ball. Mignolet would have decided to wait, which pissed me off when he did that.

Good game overall and much better
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #528: Jan 26, 2017 09:59:20 am
      in bold

was saying that to myself last night, how quick he was to release the ball. Mignolet would have decided to wait, which pissed me off when he did that.

Good game overall and much better

To be fair, Mignolet seems to have worked on that side of his game a lot recently as I've noticed him releasing the ball much quicker than he used to.

Quick Reply