Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204063 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #598: Sep 14, 2017 09:50:53 am
      Not a fan of swapping the keepers around for each competition as i think it unsettles the defense.

However it must be said Karius played well, his distribution was brilliant and his performance in the air was the best i have seen from him.

Hopefully he can keep this up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #599: Sep 14, 2017 10:26:24 am
      Needs to play regularly now he has some confidence.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #600: Sep 14, 2017 11:13:49 am
      F**k all he could do for the Lovren goal, quick off his line for their second and some of his throws were a breath of fresh air.

Plus his punching and kicking are miles better than Migs.

I'd rather have him than Mignolet any day of the week. Those few times where Karius ran to the edge of the box and threw to a winger would never happen with Mignolet in goal.

He would shape up like he's gonna throw then stop and bounce the ball a few times before blasting it up to nobody.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #601: Sep 14, 2017 12:22:02 pm

2 shots on target 2 goals conceded.

You know what that means...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #602: Sep 14, 2017 12:23:43 pm
      Not a fan of swapping the keepers around for each competition as i think it unsettles the defense.

Have you seen our defence lately, doesn't take much to unsettle them!!

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #603: Sep 14, 2017 12:23:52 pm

Yeah still better than Mignolet. Especially in the other areas of skill required from a keeper.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #604: Sep 14, 2017 12:26:25 pm

That the American military would love a strike rate like that ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #605: Sep 14, 2017 12:37:52 pm
      Yeah still better than Mignolet. Especially in the other areas of skill required from a keeper.

Doesn't matter now, this is the all important stat it's en vogue don't ch know.

Completely remove context like Lovren being a usual culprit and single our Karius for his sh*t stat.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #606: Sep 14, 2017 01:06:08 pm
      I think Karius did enough to earn a run of a few games in the league. he managed to cut out all the dithering on the ball, commanded his area well an distribution was excellent. He didn't really have a chance to save either of the goals.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #607: Sep 26, 2017 10:52:57 pm
      Come on then what was his ratio today?

This number 1 position is getting like the number 3 position in the England cricket teat team.

Back to our very own Gary Balance. Migs.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2017 10:57:20 pm by fields of anny rd »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #608: Sep 26, 2017 10:56:05 pm
      He did save one though didn't he? Mind you if he hadn't "saved" it it would have hit him straight between the eyes, but anyway. The ratio for the record is surely 50%, and apparently these things are important.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #609: Sep 26, 2017 11:00:55 pm
      He did save one though didn't he? Mind you if he hadn't "saved" it it would have hit him straight between the eyes, but anyway. The ratio for the record is surely 50%, and apparently these things are important.

Aye and that was an odd piece of technique but alas apparently those saves count as much as a top corner finger tip.

50% today, so in the last 2 games he's played thats 1 save from 3 shots? 33.33%?

Doesn't sound any better than Migs to me. Get Mr 50% back in all has been forgiven.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #610: Sep 27, 2017 02:47:15 am
      Awful.

25 yards out, a free-kick that wasn't even well placed was curling centre-wards to goal and it goes straight through his hands. That was proper sh*t.

You could forgive him if it was nestled into the top right hand corner but it wasn't.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #611: Sep 27, 2017 03:41:33 am
      He was dreadful today. But I expect no better from Migs either. It's a bitter fact that if had a decent keeper, we would've conceded half as many as we have. Without changing any other player, we would be in a lot better position already, both in EPL and CL. And the damage isn't over yet unfortunately.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #612: Sep 27, 2017 09:32:19 am
      I think we all want this lad to live up to his billing as the "2nd best keeper in Germany", but unfortunately he may not even be the 2nd best keeper we have at the moment.  I think he should have been able to save that free kick personally.  Maybe a keeper playing every game gets to that - I don't think that chopping and changing is helping anyone.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #613: Sep 27, 2017 03:32:15 pm
      Average at best, rotating gk is even more bizarre than rotating the LB, we need to find a settled team asap.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #614: Sep 27, 2017 03:38:43 pm
      I think we all want this lad to live up to his billing as the "2nd best keeper in Germany", but unfortunately he may not even be the 2nd best keeper we have at the moment.  I think he should have been able to save that free kick personally.  Maybe a keeper playing every game gets to that - I don't think that chopping and changing is helping anyone.

I think Ward and Migs are better than him at the moment. This trial needs to stop and somebody needs to get the first team shirt for all big games. Try him again in a FA game or something. I think Ward is our best, but we haven't seen enough of him to really know for sure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #615: Sep 27, 2017 03:45:27 pm
      Dudes got great hair, you have to admit.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #616: Sep 27, 2017 03:46:41 pm
      Maybe a keeper playing every game gets to that - I don't think that chopping and changing is helping anyone.

How about taking the chances when you get it after talking up a good game?
      Selekov would probably have never played before (with the goalie who got injured being their captain). Comes at the 60th minute, cold conditions, the team is under the pump.. and, he plays a blinder.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #617: Sep 27, 2017 03:50:11 pm
      I think Ward and Migs are better than him at the moment. This trial needs to stop and somebody needs to get the first team shirt for all big games. Try him again in a FA game or something. I think Ward is our best, but we haven't seen enough of him to really know for sure.

Problem with Karius is that he makes one mistake a match and it's enough for us to lose a goal and with it the match.

But I don't doubt that if Karius was given the same amount of game time and chances as Mignolet has been given over 4 years then he wouldn't be worse because in reality you can't get much worse than Mignolet. But seemingly saving penalties that our current number 1 recklessly gives away and almost single handedly throwing away a 3-1 lead at Leicester is enough for some people.

Ward's more than good enough to be our number 1 at the moment and this whole charade with him being given a token cup apperance is an insult to his ambitions and ability.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2017 04:53:41 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #618: Sep 27, 2017 04:25:54 pm
      Definitely needs to consider sticking his arms out sooner.

It'd definitely help.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #619: Sep 27, 2017 06:58:04 pm
      Ward's more than good enough to be our number 1 at the moment and this whole charade with him being given a token cup apperance is an insult to his ambitions and ability.

I respect that opinion mate, but is this based on actually watching Ward? The only person in that forum I know that actually watched Ward for Huddersfield Town wasn't all that impressed. Funnily enough his moments of glory for Huddersfield came in penalty kicks.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #620: Sep 27, 2017 11:22:41 pm
      I respect that opinion mate, but is this based on actually watching Ward? The only person in that forum I know that actually watched Ward for Huddersfield Town wasn't all that impressed. Funnily enough his moments of glory for Huddersfield came in penalty kicks.

Don't see why you feel the need to question. I've seen plenty of Ward the last couple of years - at Aberdeen and Huddersfield (followed them closely last year and watched the occasional match online, influenced largely by being interested in Wagner as a manager and in part support after attending our pre season friendly at their ground in July 2016 and having a great experience). And while it's a poor barometer, I'd comfortably say he was the best keeper the SPL has seen in the last few years during his half season loan with them.

He's a good keeper who can do the basics that Mignolet can't even do of late. He wouldn't displace Huddersfield's current number 1 (no one will given how excellent he's been) but I don't doubt that their fans would love to have him back as competition for that place.

Quick Reply