Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204873 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #851: May 03, 2018 10:31:18 am
      We just saw in Allison that he's not any better and definitely not worth the price tag he'd command. He looked very average at Anfield and again tonight, committing early in both Salah's (1st leg) and Mane's (2nd leg) goals. Even Gini's goal is kind of weak.

That's fascinating.

We've got certain players at the club right now who have been sh*t literally for years, yet they're praised to high heaven.

And yet a player at a *different* club has a couple of average games and suddenly he's not good enough. 

Interesting...
      Kopite78
      Reply #852: May 03, 2018 10:35:04 am

That's fascinating.

We've got certain players at the club right now who have been sh*t literally for years, yet they're praised to high heaven.

And yet a player at a *different* club has a couple of average games and suddenly he's not good enough. 

Interesting...

Know what else is interesting?

You've not been on the forum for 3 or so months and your first post is a thin veiled dig at some of our players (the skipper)
      Rather than in the match thread or manager's thread singing from the roof tops made up that we are off to the champions league final

Interesting weird

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #853: May 03, 2018 10:37:22 am
      Know what else is interesting?

You've not been on the forum for 3 or so months and your first post is a thin veiled dig at some of our players (the skipper)
      Rather than in the match thread or manager's thread singing from the roof tops made up that we are off to the champions league final

Interesting weird

Meh.  Lots going on in my life.  Sorry I don't fit your ideal of what a supporter should be like.   

I actually think that supporting individual sh*te players is a terrible way to support the club.  The club and its success matters far more.  And we'll have more success, league titles, and more CL titles if we get better players.

If we can win the CL with Henderson, Karius, Milner and Lovren in the starting XI then imagine what we could do if we replaced them with players who are at the level of Salah/Firmino/van Dijk etc.  We'd be unstoppable. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #854: May 03, 2018 10:39:29 am

Meh.  Lots going on in my life.  Sorry I don't fit your ideal of what a supporter should be like.   

I actually think that supporting individual sh*te players is a terrible way to support the club.  The club and its success matters far more.  And we'll have more success, league titles, and more CL titles if we get better players.

If we can win the CL with Henderson, Karius, Milner and Lovren in the starting XI then imagine what we could do if we replaced them with players who are at the level of Salah/Firmino/van Dijk etc.  We'd be unstoppable.

Too much  going on in your life to enjoy and celebrate the success we are having?
      Enough time though to stick the boot in and moan

Glad I'm not you

👌
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #855: May 03, 2018 10:40:53 am
      Too much  going on in your life to enjoy and celebrate the success we are having?
      Enough time though to stick the boot in and moan

I'm back and better than ever! 

Onwards and upward!*

*hopefully without Karius.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #856: May 03, 2018 10:53:04 am
      Karius has mistakes in his game that need to be ironed out.

But at only 24 he's a capable keeper already far better than Mignolet.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #857: May 03, 2018 10:53:35 am
      I'm back and better than ever! 

Onwards and upward!*

*hopefully without Karius.

hopefully without you too!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #858: May 03, 2018 11:40:37 am
      Karius has mistakes in his game that need to be ironed out.

But at only 24 he's a capable keeper already far better than Mignolet.

Well that's not saying much.  "At least he's not as terrible as Mignolet."

Neither of them is good enough.

We win despite them, not because of them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #859: May 03, 2018 11:42:31 am
      This is where you're mistaken, Navas is the reason why Madrid won at least 1 UCL, he was tremendous in very important matches for them, making incredible saves. It's this season that his level dropped, but overall he was a terrific keeper for them.

Yep, Navas has been one of the best keepers in the world , this season he has dropped off.

Anyway, I bet my life if Migs had the performance he had yesterday, people would have blasted him. There was one incident in particular that stood out for me,  where he rushed out, missed the ball and fouled the player in the box (Luckly, he was "offside"), even before he rushed out, I just knew he was gonna do it and F**k up,  it just felt like a Migs moment, same with the save that led to Dzeko's goal, could have been parried away better... something you would expect Migs to do. Karius needs to iron out his silly mistakes quick, otherwise doubt is just gonna build up more and more and eventually, we could label him the new Migs :(
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #860: May 03, 2018 11:51:00 am

Well that's not saying much.  "At least he's not as terrible as Mignolet."

Neither of them is good enough.

We win despite them, not because of them.

I'd give Karius another season to see how much he improves.

Saying that we definitely need a new keeper to replace Mignolet and provide real competition for Karius.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #861: May 03, 2018 11:52:43 am
      Yep, Navas has been one of the best keepers in the world , this season he has dropped off.

Anyway, I bet my life if Migs had the performance he had yesterday, people would have blasted him. There was one incident in particular that stood out for me,  where he rushed out, missed the ball and fouled the player in the box (Luckly, he was "offside"), even before he rushed out, I just knew he was gonna do it and f**k up,  it just felt like a Migs moment, same with the save that led to Dzeko's goal, could have been parried away better... something you would expect Migs to do. Karius needs to iron out his silly mistakes quick, otherwise doubt is just gonna build up more and more and eventually, we could label him the new Migs :(

Got to be honest, as bad as his foul on Dzeko was, I couldn't see Mignolet doing what Karius did most the night which was claiming dangerous crosses successfully. Given Roma's physicality and height I thought Karius was excellent at preventing such dangers from occurring.

He had a weird game. There was a lot of really good stuff but a couple of bad moments in there, particularly when, for Roma's second goal, he could have turned the ball around the post. That said there were a couple of good saves made (like that long ball that caught everyone out) that he did well to respond to. In contrast, Mignolet, when he makes one mistake, then that's it. Game over. It becomes a spiral of banality for Mignolet, where he becomes totally incapable of doing anything basic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #862: May 03, 2018 11:59:03 am
      Got to be honest, as bad as his foul on Dzeko was, I couldn't see Mignolet doing what Karius did most the night which was claiming dangerous crosses successfully. Given Roma's physicality and height I thought Karius was excellent at preventing such dangers from occurring.

Yeah, he was very good aerially yesterday, it was a mixed performance for me. But as you know, no matter how good you play, if a GK makes a mistake or 2, the positives will be overlooked.

I thought Alisson had a stronger game, but that silly moment where he thought he was Messi put people off. Imagine if he had been doing that vs Firmino :D

Edit: I forgot to mention, we have also seen Migs have just a strong aerial game than Karius. Both seem capable on their day, but both have shown inconsistencies in that department.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2018 12:29:06 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #863: May 03, 2018 12:11:14 pm
      I'd give Karius another season to see how much he improves.

Why?  Enough of this "give him another season" rubbish, we've been doing that for too long and we've lost some of our best players because they were tired of waiting around for their teammates to start pulling their weight.

Karius has shown very little in the two seasons he's been with us to suggest that he's good enough for where we want to be.  Keeping him around for another season is a massive risk, we're finally getting the back four settled and we're going to put a keeper behind them that they can't trust? 

Some of the best keepers in the world might be available this summer and regardless of what happens in the final, we're probably in the best position we've been in for a decade in terms of attracting top talent.  Everyone will want to join us.

So it's time to be ruthless; get rid of Karius and Mignolet.  Bring in Oblak or another top keeper and the position is sorted for the next decade.

Saying that we definitely need a new keeper to replace Mignolet and provide real competition for Karius.

We've needed a Mignolet replacement basically since the day he got here.  And yet that's how sh*te Karius was---at one point we benched him because Klopp thought that even the feckless Mignolet was better!  And here we are arguing over which sh*te keeper is less sh*te.

Time to start acting like we want to stay on top.  If you're not good enough, find a new club.  End of. 
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #864: May 03, 2018 01:43:00 pm
      Why?  Enough of this "give him another season" rubbish, we've been doing that for too long and we've lost some of our best players because they were tired of waiting around for their teammates to start pulling their weight.

Karius has shown very little in the two seasons he's been with us to suggest that he's good enough for where we want to be.  Keeping him around for another season is a massive risk, we're finally getting the back four settled and we're going to put a keeper behind them that they can't trust? 

Some of the best keepers in the world might be available this summer and regardless of what happens in the final, we're probably in the best position we've been in for a decade in terms of attracting top talent.  Everyone will want to join us.

So it's time to be ruthless; get rid of Karius and Mignolet.  Bring in Oblak or another top keeper and the position is sorted for the next decade.

We've needed a Mignolet replacement basically since the day he got here.  And yet that's how sh*te Karius was---at one point we benched him because Klopp thought that even the feckless Mignolet was better!  And here we are arguing over which sh*te keeper is less sh*te.

Time to start acting like we want to stay on top.  If you're not good enough, find a new club.  End of.

holy crap, i never thought it'd be possible for a Liverpool fan to be so miserable the day after reaching the CL final. Can only imagine how insufferable you must be when we're not winning. Congrats.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #865: May 03, 2018 01:48:59 pm
      Yeah, he was very good aerially yesterday, it was a mixed performance for me. But as you know, no matter how good you play, if a GK makes a mistake or 2, the positives will be overlooked.

I thought Alisson had a stronger game, but that silly moment where he thought he was Messi put people off. Imagine if he had been doing that vs Firmino :D

Edit: I forgot to mention, we have also seen Migs have just a strong aerial game than Karius. Both seem capable on their day, but both have shown inconsistencies in that department.

This is simply not true. Migs main attribute is that he is thought of as a good shop stopper but he gets crucified because he flaps at the ball when he leaves his box, which is not as often as it should be. He is nowhere near the ability and consistency of Karius when it comes to leaving his line and catching or punching the ball away from a cross.

Did you see how much traffic there was in the box when Karius made his catches in the 1st half? Those were top class. Migs would have turtled at the goal line hoping someone headed the ball away.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #866: May 03, 2018 01:54:31 pm
      holy crap, i never thought it'd be possible for a Liverpool fan to be so miserable the day after reaching the CL final. Can only imagine how insufferable you must be when we're not winning. Congrats.

Winning the CL would be unbelievable.

But I want us to win the league.

And then when it again.  And again.  And again.

That’s never going to happen with a sh*te keeper.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #867: May 03, 2018 02:27:35 pm

I took 30 seconds to check your posts and basically all your posts today after a 2+ month absence have been criticizing one of our players. Holy F**k, dude. How miserable can you be? Step outside for a bit and get some sunshine and brighten up some and not be such a miserable b***ard.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #868: May 03, 2018 02:35:10 pm
      Need a new keeper next season lets be honest.

His and Lovrens positions are the two that need filling next year. Improvements there and relegating them two to the bench would give us real squad depth.

Karius cannot be our number 1 next season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #869: May 03, 2018 02:37:10 pm
      Need a new keeper next season lets be honest.

His and Lovrens positions are the two that need filling next year. Improvements there and relegating them two to the bench would give us real squad depth.

Karius cannot be our number 1 next season.

Let me put this into perspective for you:

If we had Ederson in goal, we would have lost in the quarterfinals
      If we had Allison in goal, we would have lost in the semifinals

Grass is not greener on the other side, no matter how much you want to believe it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #870: May 03, 2018 03:29:26 pm

Grass is not greener on the other side, no matter how much you want to believe it.

How have you come to those findings?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #871: May 03, 2018 03:35:25 pm

Karius might not be the best around but he is not a sh*te keeper, since he started playing our defense has improved (and yeah VVD has played an important role in that but so does Karius).

Has he made mistakes? Yes, but DeGea, Lloris, Cech, etc too. If we get someone like Oblak it will surely be an improvement but he is not the weak link in our defense so I wouldn't mind if we don't but keeper but buy another quality CB for example.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #872: May 03, 2018 03:59:01 pm
      Karius might not be the best around but he is not a sh*te keeper, since he started playing our defense has improved (and yeah VVD has played an important role in that but so does Karius).

Has he made mistakes? Yes, but DeGea, Lloris, Cech, etc too. If we get someone like Oblak it will surely be an improvement but he is not the weak link in our defense so I wouldn't mind if we don't but keeper but buy another quality CB for example.

Has anyone even thought does Oblak suit our style of play?

Atleti generally play a low block game we play the opposite, not seen enough of Oblak to say he is any good as a sweeper keeper. Shot stopping Im sure he is fine.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #873: May 03, 2018 03:59:26 pm

Thanks for that 😅

Not sure what you're on about but never mind!

Quick Reply