Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202454 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #690: Jan 16, 2018 08:58:42 am
      Mignolet conceded 5 against them ya beaut.

Yes he did. He also got slammed for it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #691: Jan 16, 2018 09:15:14 am
      Yes he did. He also got slammed for it.

So how can you say Migs is better with a straight face?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #692: Jan 16, 2018 09:35:50 am
      Given that I am Daniel Sturridge, I find that hard to believe.

Slightly obsessed with that aren't you? We just beat Man City and i'm delighted with that. Karius just conceded 3 goals... not happy with that! Not picking fights at all. Just pointing out that Mignolet is the better keeper, and there is a lot of hypocrisy with how people are criticising Mignolet, but so reluctant to criticise Karius.

Hopefully we can move forward and get a World Class keeper and put both these guys behind us.

Can you explain to us how Karius was at fault for goals 2 or 3. Even the first goal is quite debateable if it could have been saved.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #693: Jan 16, 2018 09:37:47 am
      We are just wasting  time is true Mignolet  makes  silly mistakes  but Karius  is not better  than Mignolet he is not the answer  to our problem
      Just buy  a proper  keeper.

Who's arguing against that??? The debate is which of our current goalkeepers to play and I'd stick with Karius for now, although I don't think there is much in it, but I hope that Karius can become better with a run of games, we all know Migs won't.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #694: Jan 16, 2018 09:40:06 am
      Seems pretty clear to me the boss is looking at the goalie situation BUT it is more important to get THE man rather than ANOTHER man.

Strikes me - with his track record already of finding the right one - we’ll probably be ok.

In the meantime let’s get behind this kid - he’s talented for sure - as that can only help his confidence.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #695: Jan 16, 2018 07:57:10 pm
      He is better than Mignolet.

I don't see how one bullet shot at the near post is clouding everyone's opinions? Are you all taking Gary Neville's opinion on a LFC goalkeeper seriously?

He commands his box and actually WANTS to come and claim the ball from crosses. That alone puts him ahead of the bottler. His distribution is also a step of from the bottlejob. Like any position he needs a run of games (and that doesn't include standing with nothing to do in the CL group stage as we win 7-0) to get match fit.

Mignolet has no redeeming features at all, except from being a F***ing bottle job.

That said, he has one of the worst goalkeeping coaches from the F***ing Roy Hodgson era overseeing him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #696: Jan 17, 2018 11:13:44 am

I don't see how one bullet shot at the near post is clouding everyone's opinions? Are you all taking Gary Neville's opinion on a LFC goalkeeper seriously?

He commands his box and actually WANTS to come and claim the ball from crosses. That alone puts him ahead of the bottler. His distribution is also a step of from the bottlejob. Like any position he needs a run of games (and that doesn't include standing with nothing to do in the CL group stage as we win 7-0) to get match fit.

Mignolet has no redeeming features at all, except from being a f**king bottle job.

That said, he has one of the worst goalkeeping coaches from the f**king Roy Hodgson era overseeing him.

I think it was actually King Kenny who promoted Achterburg to first team GK coach in the summer of 2011, but that doesn't excuse Brendan or Jürgen for not demoting or replacing him.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #697: Jan 17, 2018 11:39:35 am

Mignolet has no redeeming features at all, except from being a F***ing bottle job.

That said, he has one of the worst goalkeeping coaches from the F***ing Roy Hodgson era overseeing him.

^^^

John Achterburg made a few decent saves for Tranmere Rovers in their promotion pushes 10+ years a go. And that's about it really!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #698: Jan 20, 2018 12:37:29 pm
      Over to you now Lorius.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #699: Jan 20, 2018 10:01:31 pm

It is!! I suspect the reason for the change in GK is to find out whether Karius is good enough or not, and if he is, I don't think we'll buy a keeper.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #700: Jan 20, 2018 10:19:44 pm
      I think this is his final audition really. Mignolet looks to be out the door either now or in the Summer. Karius has his chance now and we will see how he does.

My opinion is that Klopp will finally see all he wants to see and in the summer go all out on Oblak or Alisson. Doesn't mean Karius has to leave but he could be looking at a real number 2 role and a run out in domestic cups only.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #701: Jan 21, 2018 10:33:39 pm
      What we need is a nutter that's not afraid to bang his head against the post,  a keeper that will F**k our players out of it when they F**k up, we don't need nice fellas between the sticks and that's what Karius and Mings are nice fellas.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #702: Jan 22, 2018 07:46:12 pm
      What we need is a nutter that's not afraid to bang his head against the post,  a keeper that will f**k our players out of it when they f**k up, we don't need nice fellas between the sticks and that's what Karius and Mings are nice fellas.

I don't really know where this comes from, but I disagree.

Plenty of great keepers (De Gea, Courtois... off the top of my head) are pretty nice guy-ish. What we need is a good keeper, period. I don't think a goalkeeper's ability is measured by his temper.

I do think our goalkeepers lack confidence (and at least Mignolet clearly lacks skill), but I do not think screaming and banging their heads against the posts is gonna help in that department.

Personally, the Achtenberg factor kinda worries me, but if Klopp sees nothing wrong with him then I suppose I worry without basis.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #703: Feb 04, 2018 10:43:52 am
      We need a good game from him! Come on Loris, get me as your fan.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #704: Feb 04, 2018 06:46:06 pm
      Yeah, they might have conceded two goals (due to a midfield that was haemorraghing balls through to the last line of defence) but that goalkeeping was much much much better than that f**king clown we have called Mignolet.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #705: Feb 04, 2018 06:51:35 pm
      Yeah, they might have conceded two goals (due to a midfield that was haemorraghing balls through to the last line of defence) but that goalkeeping was much much much better than that f**king clown we have called Mignolet.

Yea, deffo did well today Karius, saved a peno, generally did really well. Keep it up !!!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #706: Feb 04, 2018 07:05:05 pm
      Decent game, definitely getting better.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #707: Feb 04, 2018 08:09:46 pm
      Very positive display from him today. I would have sh*t my pants that second half with Mig in goal tbh
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #708: Feb 04, 2018 08:58:54 pm
      I would have sh*t my pants that second half

I shat my pants anyway, the feeling of warmth as it ran down my leg almost saved me putting the heating on but couldn’t stand the smell...

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #709: Feb 04, 2018 09:27:40 pm
      Thought he had a good game.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #710: Feb 04, 2018 09:54:53 pm
      Good game today, hope to see more of this.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #711: Feb 04, 2018 10:01:54 pm
      Yeh loved his post match interview - took any criticism of the punch before Wanyama’s goal right away from the journo.

Played really well I thought.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #712: Feb 04, 2018 10:46:30 pm
      Very good display hope because of the poor decision not by the players in front of him but those dressed in black get to him.

Quick Reply