Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202431 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #805: Mar 31, 2018 05:09:56 pm
      Brain fart,no business being out there.
      https://streamable.com/dkhir
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #806: Mar 31, 2018 05:11:49 pm
      May have given a penalty away (which wasn't really his problem any way) but he did really well otherwise. Made a couple of vital saves to keep them at just the one goal and all the more impressive given that our defence was not exactly watertight today

That first save when Saha got inside TAA was fantastic. Rushing out the 2nd time definitely caused Saha to touch it well over the end line, but of course there was the matter of barging into him as well.  :)

I am liking Loris more and more with every match. I don't know if he is the long-term #1 for us as we go forward to win titles, but I'd say he's starting to make a pretty good case for it.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #807: Mar 31, 2018 07:24:02 pm
      May have given a penalty away (which wasn't really his problem any way) but he did really well otherwise. Made a couple of vital saves to keep them at just the one goal and all the more impressive given that our defence was not exactly watertight today

Yep, did well, really good save to block from Benteke, bit rash for the peno, but happy enough with him right now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #808: Mar 31, 2018 07:58:40 pm

Who gives a sh*t? That doesn't show what went on beforehand does it? He more than made up for it with the two excellent saves. Maybe it was the wrong decision but it's actually good to see a keeper coming off his line and sweeping up rather than staying rooted on his line and ogling at everyone as the ball slips past like Mignolet. He's going to stop far more by coming out that he will in staying rooted.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #809: Mar 31, 2018 08:51:17 pm
      Correct me if I'm wrong but that he has conceded 3 goals in 8 games and there has been a couple of penalties.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #810: Mar 31, 2018 09:17:24 pm
      He has every right to come for that ball, Crystal Palace forward should have been given a straight red! Remember Mane? He was given a red for catching a player in the face doing the same thing. Why that is a penalty I don't know, since the forward went into Karius, not the other way around. Sh*t ref, it is why no PL refs at the World Cup. The Crystal Palace foward doing Kung Fu there and all Karius did was come out to collect the ball in the box where players can still handle it.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #811: Mar 31, 2018 09:50:27 pm
      That’s his Da in the Sky Vegas ad, isn’t it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #812: Mar 31, 2018 10:07:26 pm
      No way  was that a penalty., the forward should have seen red, his studs were dazzling most of the spectators.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2018 11:08:03 am by stuey »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #813: Mar 31, 2018 10:09:24 pm
      No way  was that a penalty., the forward should have seen red, his stud were dazzling most of the spectators.
      Totally agree, two feet off the ground. I hope it won't change the way Karius comes out, because it is what makes him so great.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #814: Apr 01, 2018 12:20:59 am
      I said to myself low right Karius for the Penno. He didn't hear me!!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #815: Apr 01, 2018 09:45:43 am
      I said to myself low right Karius for the Penno. He didn't hear me!!
      Australia is quite far away.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #816: Apr 01, 2018 10:35:27 am
      One great save v Zaha but thought he was awfully rash for the pen. Look where the contact was and the fact it was a bouncing ball as well meant he had no business being there. Let's be honest if that was Mignolet everyone would have been all over it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #817: Apr 01, 2018 11:55:21 am
      I saw him make a really good save, watching the highlights on Motd, last night. Still obviously best choice of keeper atm.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #818: Apr 01, 2018 11:59:49 am
      I saw him make a really good save, watching the highlights on Motd, last night. Still obviously best choice of keeper atm.

Crackin' save.

Migs wouldn't have even seen it.    :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #819: Apr 01, 2018 02:24:44 pm

That was a class save, if Karius continues to improve we are looking for credible back up. Don't think Mugs measures up for that job.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #820: Apr 01, 2018 07:17:05 pm
      Who gives a sh*t? That doesn't show what went on beforehand does it? He more than made up for it with the two excellent saves. Maybe it was the wrong decision but it's actually good to see a keeper coming off his line and sweeping up rather than staying rooted on his line and ogling at everyone as the ball slips past like Mignolet. He's going to stop far more by coming out that he will in staying rooted.

F***ing hell.The post above mine was asking about the pen,i thought a vid maybe useful,as far as giving a sh*t.,maybe one of the mods can delete it then. It was a dead cert peno,we'd be screaming blue F***ing murder if a keeper did that on Salah.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #821: Apr 01, 2018 07:27:55 pm
      the correct decision would have been to red card Saha even if awarding Palace the penalty. Two footed fly kick? Not giving Mane a red probably made it fair. My guess is he was lenient on Mane because he realised Zaha should have been sent off  when looking at HT replays.

People who say what was Karius doing there, he was in the box and Zaha flew into Karius more than Karius into Zaha. The penalty is debatable. Mane should have gotten a penalty too, regardless of what BBC MOTD cretins said, contact in the box is a penalty even if the pain is delayed.

PL referees are a joke and even FIFA recognized it. It's almost unheard of to not pick a referee from a participating nation. There's 110+ games in the world cup and no referees or linesman from PL got picked. Referees are now the shame of British football, they can't even get VAR right.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2018 07:34:32 pm by Ribapuru »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #822: Apr 02, 2018 03:18:48 pm
      the correct decision would have been to red card Saha even if awarding Palace the penalty. Two footed fly kick? Not giving Mane a red probably made it fair. My guess is he was lenient on Mane because he realised Zaha should have been sent off  when looking at HT replays.

People who say what was Karius doing there, he was in the box and Zaha flew into Karius more than Karius into Zaha. The penalty is debatable. Mane should have gotten a penalty too, regardless of what BBC MOTD cretins said, contact in the box is a penalty even if the pain is delayed.

PL referees are a joke and even FIFA recognized it. It's almost unheard of to not pick a referee from a participating nation. There's 110+ games in the world cup and no referees or linesman from PL got picked. Referees are now the shame of British football, they can't even get VAR right.
      Sounds like sour grapes to me. As much as Karius has every right to go for it (I certainly don’t hold it against him), it’s definitely a penalty imo. Zaha gets to the ball first and his studs are not pointed at Karius so not dangerous play for me.

The only possible argument for it not being a penalty is that Zaha gets his shot away before any contact is made but even that is not enough for me. Agree with the guy that said if it was Salah, we would be ranting and raving about it.

For me it was 60/40 in Zaha’s favour whereas Mane’s against City was 60/40 in Ederson’s favour. There was no malice in it from Mane but his studs were up and it was dangerous play whereas Zaha’s was not.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #823: Apr 02, 2018 04:14:46 pm
      Sounds like sour grapes to me. As much as Karius has every right to go for it (I certainly don’t hold it against him), it’s definitely a penalty imo. Zaha gets to the ball first and his studs are not pointed at Karius so not dangerous play for me.

The only possible argument for it not being a penalty is that Zaha gets his shot away before any contact is made but even that is not enough for me. Agree with the guy that said if it was Salah, we would be ranting and raving about it.

For me it was 60/40 in Zaha’s favour whereas Mane’s against City was 60/40 in Ederson’s favour. There was no malice in it from Mane but his studs were up and it was dangerous play whereas Zaha’s was not.
      not sour grapes. Two feet off the ground and foot high.
      Karius is the best goal keeper I have seen at Liverpool in recent years.
      I rate him higher than Reina and miles ahead of Mignolet, maybe better than Dudek, but Dudek won CL.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2018 06:26:21 pm by Ribapuru »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #824: Apr 02, 2018 07:28:22 pm
      He will really have his work cut out, if City are firing on all cylinders on Wednesday night.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #825: Apr 02, 2018 07:43:37 pm

I totally agree with you. It is not an error from Loris, he had to come out and try to claim it but it was definitely a penalty with Zaha making the first contact.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #826: Apr 07, 2018 07:47:01 pm
      A few weeks ago I really wanted Allison or Oblak. Not so sure now, if Loris passes his biggest test on Tuesday he’s our number 1 next season. Would still look to replace Mignolet but not necessarily now with a superstar
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #827: Apr 08, 2018 02:12:51 am
      Yet another clean sheet, well in

Quick Reply