Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 205165 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #966: May 27, 2018 01:16:19 am
      Did you also see in the second half him going up for the ball with Virgil feigning that he had been hit in the eye.... as well as the blatant Mane one as you mention and we saw ?

Yeah mate he's a c**t and he does it in all these big games. Done it in Champions Leagues, Classicos, European Championships and World Cups.

I'm so down right now though, pissed off in many ways at the inevitability of it all. The fact that these players come up smelling of roses every single time is a real piss take.

Gareth Bale himself is an outrageous cheat.

Back on Karius though and I can't make my mind up right now just what I'm feeling for him. He's a guy who drives round in a ridiculous car with his own Brand logo on the front. It's hard for me to feel too sorry for these out there and brash characters who have yet achieved absolutely nothing in the game.

It's just hard because I don't want to kill the guy but I think he needs that dose of reality. Wish all players would keep their heads down until they achieve something tbh.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #967: May 27, 2018 01:24:59 am
      Yeah mate he's a c**t and he does it in all these big games. Done it in Champions Leagues, Classicos, European Championships and World Cups.

I'm so down right now though, pissed off in many ways at the inevitability of it all. The fact that these players come up smelling of roses every single time is a real piss take.

Back on Karius though and I can't make my mind up right now just what I'm feeling for him. He's a guy who drives round in a ridiculous car with his own Brand logo on the front. It's hard for me to feel too sorry for these out there and brash characters who have yet achieved absolutely nothing in the game.

It's just hard because I don't want to kill the guy but I think he needs that dose of reality. Wish all players would keep their heads down until they achieve something tbh.

Thats why everyone loves Mo's humility.

Sturridge was the same. Missed more games than he played for us and all he could do is keep putting him and his Roller up on Instagram / Twitter half the time.

People are having a pop at me cos I ripped into Karius on the player's thread.
      Tears or no tears. He was there to be a hero tonight ... but blew it.. twice.

How would Shankly or Bob have dealt with that ?
      Out of the door.

Ramos ... evil b***ard who was caught smirking on camera.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #968: May 27, 2018 01:26:46 am

Fact is the guy improved starting from the second half of the season, but he never stopped looking like a disaster ready to happen at any moment and he kept on doing these silly mistakes.

You don't have to go far back. Quarter Final, second leg against City, start of the game, we need to relieve ourself as much as possible of the immense pressure City is obviously going to be putting us under in the first 20 mins of the game..Clear ''punt as hard as you can'' situation and what does he do? Guy gives the ball to a clearly already pressed VVD which leads to a goal 2 minutes into the game. VVD took the blame and it went under the radar. Just one of the countless times this guy pulled stupid moves like this one. Enough 
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #969: May 27, 2018 02:59:43 am
      Absolutely feel awful for the guy. No one wants to go through that and be the reason your team loses the CL final. He had played so well since he took over from Migs in January you could see him being our #1 for a long time, but in the biggest stage of them all, he completely fu**ed it up.

No idea what Klopp will do now. We thought when Lovren fu**ed up against Spurs and got subbed 30 minutes in that his Liverpool career was over, but he's still a big part of the team. Tonight, however, much more at stake than 3pts in the Premier League and a night it will always be remembered so it may be time to move on as people may never forgive him for it.

People who wish this to haunt him for life or call him unprofessional can F**k right off, however. It is not about wishing a 24yo being scarred for life or saying he wasn't trying. No need to be a low life.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #970: May 27, 2018 03:02:47 am

I'll tell you where I am on it. I think it is extremely difficult for him to come back from this, mentally, with his team mates, the manager and with the supporters. However unless we're prepared to spend big on a Keeper, he's shown himself above average, having saved us more games than he's cost us this season. But whilst he is prone to making idiotic mistakes, do we really want Jack Butland brought in as the number 1? This is not a position we can afford to keep getting wrong, as we have done with every keeper we've brought in since selling Pepe. Either we go big - and I'm not entirely convinced of the hype surrounding Alisson since we shipped seven past him - or we stick with what we have and hope we can coach the errors out of him. As a club we're long past half measures.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #971: May 27, 2018 03:24:50 am
      No mate . Its not.
      Two avoidable mistakes when we were up against it anyway.
      Two.

"Here you go . You're only Real Madrid.
      Obviously you need a chance".

What do we expect? We've still got an incomplete team.
      A goalkeeper in a CL final on the relatively low salary of Ā£25,000  a week when Virgil earns Ā£180,000 a week
      Thats reserve team money so the old saying goes is that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

What is pathetic ?
      Defending him.

Net spending has come back to bite us. Time to pull the chequebook out and splash some serious cash.

No one if defending him. Are you even reading? Not one person has defended his play. What people are saying is that our ā€œsupportersā€ shouldnā€™t be wishing ill, or that he be haunted by this, to one of our players.
      He had a howler. We need a better player. Heā€™s a human and an LFC player. He deserves our support and our criticism. He doesnā€™t deserve the kind of vitriol that many have thrown his way.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #972: May 27, 2018 03:29:52 am
      No one if defending him. Are you even reading? Not one person has defended his play. What people are saying is that our ā€œsupportersā€ shouldnā€™t be wishing ill, or that he be haunted by this, to one of our players.
      He had a howler. We need a better player. Heā€™s a human and an LFC player. He deserves our support and our criticism. He doesnā€™t deserve the kind of vitriol that many have thrown his way.

There are a lot of low life's out there. Hope he does not start getting death treats and stupid sh*t like that.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #973: May 27, 2018 04:09:55 am
      Still think first goal look like even third one he brought paid off no way goal keeper be that bad in final he be playing good up to final
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #974: May 27, 2018 04:11:06 am
      Because you look at first goal he could see real marid player in front him
      AX1377
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #975: May 27, 2018 05:31:52 am
      Fact is the guy improved starting from the second half of the season, but he never stopped looking like a disaster ready to happen at any moment and he kept on doing these silly mistakes.

You don't have to go far back. Quarter Final, second leg against City, start of the game, we need to relieve ourself as much as possible of the immense pressure City is obviously going to be putting us under in the first 20 mins of the game..Clear ''punt as hard as you can'' situation and what does he do? Guy gives the ball to a clearly already pressed VVD which leads to a goal 2 minutes into the game. VVD took the blame and it went under the radar. Just one of the countless times this guy pulled stupid moves like this one. Enough 

He is just a very poor keeper.

I believe he was considered the second best in Germany (after Neuer), but confidence for keepers is a huge thing.

He doesn't seem to move if you look at a lot of the goals we concede. There is just no reaction and he is often caught on his heels.

How many good saves has he made for us? I recall one against West Ham I think, without sounding harsh.

You make a very good point about the City game which was glossed over but he had a horror show against Roma too. He was lucky that one shot from Kolarov managed to hit the bar in the first leg, he knew very little about it (very similar to Bale's second goal). In the second leg people forget him rushing out of the box and taking out Džeko, which probably should have been a red card. Down to 10 men against Roma and its a whole different game.

He is a very bad keeper and his punching/flapping is always causing problems. He flapped at a ball against City that bounced off Milner, Sane puts it in - but its disallowed, though it should have stood. Again, the kind of changes things, City being 2-0 up in the second leg before half-time.

He has been very lucky in this campaign but he got exposed in a very big way tonight. The Ronaldo header again, I thought he flapped at, giving it straight to Benzema who was offside. Don't forget, he did the same against Roma, flapped at a relatively easy shot, gave it straight to Džeko who scored.

He is fragile mentally and you can just tell the players don't trust him.

I still remember David James costing us the FA Cup, punching it straight to Cantona, but these 2 howlers are on another level. But none of us can sit here and say we didn't see this coming. In the last 2 games (City and Roma) he made many, many major mistakes that could have cost us massively.

Feel sorry for the guy but you can only put out the players you have. Our squad was thin. But there is no excuse now to invest heavily in a GK and CB.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #976: May 27, 2018 05:55:22 am
      He is just a very poor keeper.

I believe he was considered the second best in Germany (after Neuer), but confidence for keepers is a huge thing.

He doesn't seem to move if you look at a lot of the goals we concede. There is just no reaction and he is often caught on his heels.

How many good saves has he made for us? I recall one against West Ham I think, without sounding harsh.

You make a very good point about the City game which was glossed over but he had a horror show against Roma too. He was lucky that one shot from Kolarov managed to hit the bar in the first leg, he knew very little about it (very similar to Bale's second goal). In the second leg people forget him rushing out of the box and taking out Džeko, which probably should have been a red card. Down to 10 men against Roma and its a whole different game.

He is a very bad keeper and his punching/flapping is always causing problems. He flapped at a ball against City that bounced off Milner, Sane puts it in - but its disallowed, though it should have stood. Again, the kind of changes things, City being 2-0 up in the second leg before half-time.

He has been very lucky in this campaign but he got exposed in a very big way tonight. The Ronaldo header again, I thought he flapped at, giving it straight to Benzema who was offside. Don't forget, he did the same against Roma, flapped at a relatively easy shot, gave it straight to Džeko who scored.

He is fragile mentally and you can just tell the players don't trust him.

I still remember David James costing us the FA Cup, punching it straight to Cantona, but these 2 howlers are on another level. But none of us can sit here and say we didn't see this coming. In the last 2 games (City and Roma) he made many, many major mistakes that could have cost us massively.

Feel sorry for the guy but you can only put out the players you have. Our squad was thin. But there is no excuse now to invest heavily in a GK and CB.
      Agreed on everything. What puts me out of my shoes is that we can live with the fact that he's a poor keeper. Ultimately, its not him that put himself as our no1 GK, but why is it that you cant even take the minimum of precautions?

Why are you throwing the ball without even looking around you? Watch the sequence again (if your heart can take it again) and notice that even if Benzema had not reached the ball, he once again had chosen the player who had the most pressing from RM's forwards when to his left he had two of our players with much more space and time to act once they would've received the ball. I mean,  these are decision-making mistakes I wouldn't expect from a second tier league GK.

We need two GK with one of them being a true no.1 and the other being a very reliable back up. Its pointless to go get Alisson or whoever only to have the guy sidelined for two months with Mignolet or Karius costing us 4 or 5 points in the process.

Top level GK literally win games their teams shouldn't have even had got a single point from (look at De Gea, Oblak, Navas, Neueur and co) Karius and Mignolet actually lose us games where the 10 other guys did a good enough job to secure us 3 points.

I mean, to whomever may disagree, I'm sorry, but what happened yesterday was so bad yet when it happened I didn't even feel surprised or disappointed... guy's been doing this for too long
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #977: May 27, 2018 06:13:12 am
      I won't wish him bad luck or anything but Klopp needs to rebuild the coaching staff and players. We need to buy a new one. We can't stay with Karius or Mignolet because we will win nothing.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #978: May 27, 2018 08:06:24 am
      Got to go.

Even if Klopp wants to keep him, a vast majority of the fans will
      Probably protest outside Anfield

He may come good years later down the line (Shezenzy style at Juve) but we need the right now. Make a statement, buy Oblak
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #979: May 27, 2018 08:09:46 am
      Karius has to go, he cannot come back from this, certainly not as our no1.
      He is a bang average keeper, week mentally and he cost us the game, pure and simple.
      birchesheadred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #980: May 27, 2018 08:27:32 am
      Just watched the goals again and I'm still sure he could have saved Bales overhead. Bale has set himself and is in the air for an age so Karius has got to expect a shot. He then dives, but pulls his arms away. He's at fault for all three in my opinion and has got to be replaced. Mignolet and Karius to leave. A new number one and Ward as back up for next season.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #981: May 27, 2018 08:35:54 am
      Just watched the goals again and I'm still sure he could have saved Bales overhead. Bale has set himself and is in the air for an age so Karius has got to expect a shot. He then dives, but pulls his arms away. He's at fault for all three in my opinion and has got to be replaced. Mignolet and Karius to leave. A new number one and Ward as back up for next season.

Jesus, mate.  You pinning the Bale overhead on Karius too?  Are two match-losing clangers not enough for the poor lad to face up to?
      That's just cruel.  Not to mention factually wrong, in my opinion.
      birchesheadred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #982: May 27, 2018 08:39:22 am
      Jesus, mate.  You pinning the Bale overhead on Karius too?  Are two match-losing clangers not enough for the poor lad to face up to?
      That's just cruel.  Not to mention factually wrong, in my opinion.

Just watch it again. Seriously, I think he could have done better with it.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #983: May 27, 2018 08:40:32 am
      No mate . Its not.
      Two avoidable mistakes when we were up against it anyway.
      Two.

"Here you go . You're only Real Madrid.
      Obviously you need a chance".

What do we expect? We've still got an incomplete team.
      A goalkeeper in a CL final on the relatively low salary of Ā£25,000  a week when Virgil earns Ā£180,000 a week
      Thats reserve team money so the old saying goes is that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

What is pathetic ?
      Defending him.

Net spending has come back to bite us. Time to pull the chequebook out and splash some serious cash.

Tend to agree.  On the other hand I wouldn't mind some of them peanuts!
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2018 08:51:00 am by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #984: May 27, 2018 08:44:01 am

I actually agree with that. Maybe not at fault exactly - it was an incredible finish - but he sure could have done better. The ball didn't go that far from him, better keepers would've reacted more quickly and surely wouldn't have pulled their arms back.

It was most likely the worst goalkeeping performance of all time. Surely at a big match such as this. Can't think of anything even remotely similar.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #985: May 27, 2018 08:50:09 am
      Just watch it again. Seriously, I think he could have done better with it.

I have done, at your request.  He does pull his hands away, but really, its over and beyond him and he knows it.  No keeper would have saved that.  Look, I'm not arguing that LK is good enough - these errors, plus others in other games, suggest he has serious flaws - but I'm not backing you on pinning all three goals on the kid.  He had a mare last night.  Probably the worst and most damaging keeping errors I've seen in 45 years of watching football, but let's not kick a man when he's down, eh?  He's one of ours.
      birchesheadred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #986: May 27, 2018 09:15:23 am
      I have done, at your request.  He does pull his hands away, but really, its over and beyond him and he knows it.  No keeper would have saved that.  Look, I'm not arguing that LK is good enough - these errors, plus others in other games, suggest he has serious flaws - but I'm not backing you on pinning all three goals on the kid.  He had a mare last night.  Probably the worst and most damaging keeping errors I've seen in 45 years of watching football, but let's not kick a man when he's down, eh?  He's one of ours.

Fair enough, as long as he's a red, I'll back him. (Through gritted teeth!)
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #987: May 27, 2018 09:19:44 am
      Fair enough, as long as he's a red, I'll back him. (Through gritted teeth!)

I'm with you on that buddy!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #988: May 27, 2018 09:42:27 am
      His careers done at Liverpool now. I donā€™t see any way back for him, with his team mates or fans, no one will have confidence in him.

He looked devastated, but thereā€™s been doubts and itā€™s no surprise that on the biggest stage, when the pressure was on, those doubts came to the surface in a brutal fashion. 

Also that first one he could have ran back and stopped, he just stood there protesting whilst the call trickled by.

Quick Reply