Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 205062 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Jun 05, 2018 09:41:38 pm
      https://www.premierleague.com/players/4179/Simon-Mignolet/stats?co=1&se=79

https://www.premierleague.com/players/19600/Loris-Karius/stats?co=1&se=79

Stats for anyone who is interested, and remember, Migs had the Disney gang in front of him.

I do wonder if we would have seen a stronger and more confident Migs if he had VVD and Robertson in front of him.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1243: Jun 05, 2018 09:44:53 pm

To be fair to Mignolet he was put under the microscope by the pundits and he was pounced upon for every mistake
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1244: Jun 05, 2018 09:45:47 pm
      Not me, Lloris gets away with a sh*t ton of mistakes that, if he were one of our keepers, he would get slaughtered for. Switches off too often for my liking and his distribution is patchy at best.

Yeah hes overrated. Truth is there aint many top keepers about. To get hold of one is a huge advantage, but an advantage we don't have.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1245: Jun 05, 2018 09:45:58 pm
      To be fair to Mignolet he was put under the microscope by the pundits and he was pounced upon for every mistake

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I believe Karius would have struggled just as much as Migs before VVD and Robertson, so was Karius one of the reasons why our defence solidified? I am unsure as he was still making silly mistakes that Migs would make.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1246: Jun 05, 2018 09:55:43 pm
      Karius was in the 2nd half of our season what Moreno was in the 1st. A mediocre player managing not to F**k up too much, suddenly raised by fans to a level where he doesn't belong. Remember that Moreno's heartfelt interview to Melissa Reddy on how he had come back from the ashes? Oh dear. Karius was never that great for us. Even his best moments were overhyped. One of the saves he made (Everton? Newcastle? Can't remember) I'd expect at least 80% of Premier League keepers to make, but it was the talk of the week.

We all love a redemption story, a feel good factor. I used to be a sucker for those too, but then I grew up.

Think the club has forgot juat what it takes to win trophies. Not just the Karius position the thought process is all over the pitch.

The attitude that Karius will come good, Moreno is a good back up option, Lovren isn't that bad, we dont need another forward cos Solanke might come good.

It's not a winning attitude, cwrtainly not one shared by the Manchester clubs who will add further to their squads. Most of them positions above need filling properly with real quality, even if it means we have top quality players on the bench and even quality players not making the matchday squad some times.

Crazy thought that this club can have a good bench but when injury and rotation occur we will really see the benefits. Reckon it's easily worth 10-15 points and another cup final to us next season to sort the depth of this team out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1247: Jun 05, 2018 09:55:59 pm
      Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I believe Karius would have struggled just as much as Migs before VVD and Robertson, so was Karius one of the reasons why our defence solidified? I am unsure as he was still making silly mistakes that Migs would make.
      LFC TV said that we had the 6th worst defence in the league and in the second half of the season the Best. I suspect that maybe the City and Spurs games heavily influenced those figures/stats.
      We need more from our goalkeepers but its apposition where you pay your money and take your chances sometimes its better the devil you know
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1248: Jun 05, 2018 10:08:31 pm
      LFC TV said that we had the 6th worst defence in the league and in the second half of the season the Best. I suspect that maybe the City and Spurs games heavily influenced those figures/stats.
      We need more from our goalkeepers but its apposition where you pay your money and take your chances sometimes its better the devil you know

YEah, but ignoring stats for the first half, remember how jittery we were at the back?

Anyway, if we keep our current keepers, I agree, there is no doubt we need more from them!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1249: Jun 05, 2018 10:51:50 pm

No, he's just a c**t.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1250: Jun 06, 2018 01:33:34 am

We gave up 9 goals in those 2 games to City and Spurs, so yes, they had an impact and without those 2 games we gave up 15 goals in the other 17 games before Karius took over. Overall the defense was solid (and definitely not the sh*t show i have seen some call it when VVD is not in the lineup  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:) but more prone to inconsistency, a part that was improved when Karius, VVD and Robertson took over full time, thus the 2nd half supposedly being the best.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1251: Jun 06, 2018 01:54:47 am

Don't let facts get in the way of the shtick. Karius was a contributor to the improvement of the defense alongside VVD and Robertson, not just by making the saves, but by being adept at the sweeper role and giving our defense confidence to push a higher line as well as being much more aggressive at coming out of his box for high balls that results in fewer opportunities of a loose ball the opposition can score from. Anyone who saw us play since Karius took over would have seen a much confident defense line who was very comfortable in passing it back to Loris and using him like an additional field player. We also scored a few goals where the start of play came from Karius.

Now let's pretend you didn't see the games or had no clue what you were watching and look at a couple of stats. Karius started 19 league games and had 10 clean sheets, so 52.6% of his games were clean sheets. That is the highest % in the league for anyone who started anywhere near as many games as he did. That also prorates to a full season with 20 clean sheets, which would have lead the league as DeGea had 18. In those 19 games he gave up 14 goals, and that was with bullshit PK calls against us like Kane's equalizer in extra time. But those 14 goals translate to 28 goals over a full season, which would tie us for 2nd fewest with United and 1 behind City.

We don't play a system where we park the bus and the goalie is always protected by the defense, but rather an open one where we need a lot of coordination and trust between the goalie and defense and they basically play like a back 5. The contribution he had alongside VVD and Robertson in solidifying the defense should be pretty obvious.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1252: Jun 06, 2018 02:42:35 am
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #1253: Jun 06, 2018 05:03:50 am
      Get well soon Loris, and come back stronger boy. YNWA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1254: Jun 06, 2018 09:43:53 am
      Ramos stirring the sh*t again saying Mo could have stayed on he just needed an injection.
      We somehow need to meet them next season the Karma beast must be fed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1255: Jun 06, 2018 11:15:37 am
      Ramos stirring the sh*t again saying Mo could have stayed on he just needed an injection.
      We somehow need to meet them next season the Karma beast must be fed.

I actually think he might be right, I was a little bit surprised when we made the immediate sub for Salah, seeing as the options form the bench were so sh*te.  I would have preferred to limp through to half time and see if we could have got him patched up but hindsight is a wonderful thing and perhaps even with an injection he wouldn't have been able to play.
      In any case Ramos has overtaken Ronaldo as the biggest c**t in world football, which is quite some achievement.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1256: Jun 06, 2018 11:18:42 am
      you can't patch up a damaged shoulder with an injection. You use this part of your body far more than people think and you could see Mo was in severe pain and totally ineffective on the pitch.
      So he isn't right he is just a pure bred c**t.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1257: Jun 06, 2018 11:26:00 am
      Is it true Karius has been dropped by his current Girl friend because of the post match death threats?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1258: Jun 06, 2018 02:14:57 pm
      By the way can anyone tell me why keepers rarely catch the frigging ball anymore???? :action-smiley-060:

It is to do with the way that both boots and balls are designed these pass years... Boots are designed to make it easier to put swerve/bend on the ball, and like wise the ball is designed to have more movement in the air, hence keeper consider it a safer option to punch the ball rather than risk spilling it

I spoke in defense or Karius, and still do. The lad made two errors, but these things happen (posted a video of top goal keeper errors on this forum), it was just unfortunate that he made his in our biggest game in 13 years and that he made two...Still i don't think that we should write him off just yet. These things happen...
                                                                                                                             But I feel (Uncomfortably so) that maybe too much is being made about the concussion being the reason for the errors. And that everyone who were calling for Karius's head (wrongly, IMO) seems to be back tracking, as if they are embarrassed for doing so, and do not want to appear as foolish as those signing  petitions calling for the Finals to be replayed...
                                                                                                                          I stand by my remarks made about Karius and his errors, and that we should be trying to help him get over this and move forward, instead of making him look like a figure to be pitied as we are doing now, for (to me at least) It sends the message that the supporters will only forgive you if a player can come up with a medical excuse of a mistake in a game that cost us
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1259: Jun 06, 2018 02:20:48 pm
      Having suffered concussion without knowing it until being advised to check it out i totally agree, in my case i am a dopey c**t most of the time so it was fair to my manager at the time for noticing extra layers of dopey cuntness

No one is calling you dopey mate  :hug:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1260: Jun 06, 2018 02:22:54 pm
      Did he not pull off some decent saves after it happened? And he timed it well to come off his line and get to the ball in front of Benzema, right before the first goal. So how would that fit in with the concussion?

Was that not earlier in the game ...?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1261: Jun 06, 2018 03:32:36 pm

Apart from me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1262: Jun 06, 2018 03:40:51 pm

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking, I can mainly just remember the howlers in the 2nd half.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1263: Jun 06, 2018 08:17:34 pm
      I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking, I can mainly just remember the howlers in the 2nd half.
      same thing that i was saying, he made some great save but all people will remember are the mistakes
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes

Quick Reply