Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 205002 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1449: Jul 23, 2018 01:08:17 am
      It's so sad, isn't it? Despite wanting a new keeper, I said many times he's a good keeper with huge potential, and I wouldn't cry if we kept him as our #1, but it seems the CL mistakes and us signing Alisson may have broken him?

Best thing for him to do is for him to leave (loan or sold) and rebuild his career somewhere else rather than being a #2 and not having the opportunity to redeem himself.

Careful now, Neymar Jr may quote you later and laugh at you. It's not cool to do anything other than rip the guy to shreds.

It is unfortunate the level of stupidity this has reached and glad a legend like Casillas is calling it out. The guy gave up 12 goals from open play last season over his 19 games in the PL. That is a very good performance and there's obviously a good keeper there. Unfortunately Kiev happened and everything has changed because of it. Like you, i agree at this point the best is for him to seek other opportunities, preferably to a smaller team that doesn't get the amount attention Liverpool does and where its fans don't already have a personal hatred of the guy because of 45 minutes.

Not that i give a hoot about pre-season but regardless of how he did the #1 position for Liverpool is locked up so at no point, sans an unfortunate injury to Alisson, is he ever going to get a long string of games to start, so a young career with potential would just be wasted away on the bench.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1450: Jul 23, 2018 01:13:56 am
      He's not good enough to be our #2 either, that is the problem.
      Think that’s the point I was making.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1451: Jul 23, 2018 01:25:49 am
      Careful now, Neymar Jr may quote you later and laugh at you. It's not cool to do anything other than rip the guy to shreds.

It is unfortunate the level of stupidity this has reached and glad a legend like Casillas is calling it out. The guy gave up 12 goals from open play last season over his 19 games in the PL. That is a very good performance and there's obviously a good keeper there. Unfortunately Kiev happened and everything has changed because of it. Like you, i agree at this point the best is for him to seek other opportunities, preferably to a smaller team that doesn't get the amount attention Liverpool does and where its fans don't already have a personal hatred of the guy because of 45 minutes.

Not that i give a hoot about pre-season but regardless of how he did the #1 position for Liverpool is locked up so at no point, sans an unfortunate injury to Alisson, is he ever going to get a long string of games to start, so a young career with potential would just be wasted away on the bench.

:D I can quote you at any time, it doesn't matter - the whole thing of desperately trying to make every other keeper look worse than they are to make Karius seem not so bad was over the top and an argument doomed to fail, but you were prepared to take it as far as saying that keeping a mediocre keeper with zero confidence as number 1 as the "sensible thing" to do. You post a seriously unimpressive highlights video from Karius which is supposed to convince people that he's somehow very good, but then your first comment about a far more impressive Alisson video is that "he doesn't catch the ball very often on it". Oh please. I know you were seriously invested in the idea of defending Karius, probably because you actually thought this would've been backed by Klopp's actions, but it's time to accept you were wrong and move on. When criticising every top goalkeeper under the sun and saying "there are worse things in the world" are the only arguments in favour of a player, the debate is pretty much done. Goals conceded are not even necessarily an indicator of goalkeeping performance and the "advanced statistics" that supposedly show Karius to be quite good were quite unconvincing ("clean sheet rate" is still a pretty sh*t measure, even if displayed in a smart graph). On a personal level I might feel for Karius, but I'm simply not that bothered about it. I do wish every person struggling at their jobs could go on and make a video with drone shots of their holidays in California, but as it happens only well paid footballers can afford that. Good luck to him in the future, he just has none at LFC.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1452: Jul 23, 2018 01:31:17 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1453: Jul 23, 2018 05:28:01 am
      Time to call it. Mignolet is better.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1454: Jul 23, 2018 05:31:31 am

At the moment, probably yes.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1455: Jul 23, 2018 05:49:18 am
      He made two bad mistakes. We were only punished for one, but this was a pre season game with less pressure, I don't think he can be trusted in an important game anymore.
      A spell in the reserves might help, hopefully it will.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1456: Jul 23, 2018 05:53:54 am
      For his own mental health and benefit the best thing Jürgen can do is get him out of the spotlight.

The lads head is gone and a big question will remain of his ability to ever recover. I would be sending him on loan somewhere away from the savage media and some of our gobs***e   fans and give him an opportunity to rebuild his career elsewhere.

Send him to Germany, France, Dutch league anywhere but here he's entire career is in question.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1457: Jul 23, 2018 05:56:29 am
      For his own mental health and benefit the best thing Jürgen can do is get him out of the spotlight.

The lads head is gone and a big question will remain of his ability to ever recover. I would be sending him on loan somewhere away from the savage media and some of our gobs***e   fans and give him an opportunity to rebuild his career elsewhere.

Send him to Germany, France, Dutch league anywhere but here he's entire career is in question.

I think your right, but that just leaves Migs as back up 😵
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1458: Jul 23, 2018 08:48:26 am
      Send him to a lower-tier team, on a permanent transfer.

Grabbara is better and younger than him.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1459: Jul 23, 2018 09:01:10 am
      It's time to get off the lads back, he's clearly suffering and I used to think you'll never walk alone meant something..  Well obviously not to some. The message he put out on Instagram last night shows he's struggling so it's time to put the champions league final behind us and support the lad.
      He won't play much first team football this season so you won't have to see him but please look at yourselves in the mirror and stop slagging the lad off

I always thought that there is no way footballers read forums but the place he is in currently it wouldn't surprise me

Klopp knows what's best for him, he works with him every day and is a very good judge of character it seems and a very good father figure to the lads so he will know what's best, whether that's selling, loaning or more likely putting an arms round him and supporting him.. so I'd hope you can all take that from the gaffer and do the same

F**k the money, F**k the mistake, he didn't mean it and it's more than likely eating him up no matter what type of bravado he tries to put out there.

Do what's right, and even if you can't show him support stop slagging the lad off. We have a new keeper now and he will be the number one..

Think how you'd want to be treated, or how you'd want your kid or your mate to be treated and stop being a meff and slagging him off constantly
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #1460: Jul 23, 2018 09:12:58 am
      Kopite, I recognise the sentiment and it's all well and good saying support him. But.. reality check. That support is not going to change the situation or make him any better.

His performances offer no assurance and his errors are consistent. We cannot allow ourselves to concede goals through error and 'support' it.

Sure, his confidence is shot. But the cure must be found through other means and not by repetition of the same actions.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1461: Jul 23, 2018 09:16:30 am
      Kopite, I recognise the sentiment and it's all well and good saying support him. But.. reality check. That support is not going to change the situation or make him any better.

His performances offer no assurance and his errors are consistent. We cannot allow ourselves to concede goals through error and 'support' it.

Sure, his confidence is shot. But the cure must be found through other means and not by repetition of the same actions.

I'm not saying get his face tattooed on your knob mate

People just need to stop slagging him off.. it's not helping. Again look at his post last night, the lad is struggling and people need to stop sending and writing f**king horrible stuff about him

If people can't do that I worry for them
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1462: Jul 23, 2018 09:31:51 am

People just need to stop slagging him off.. it's not helping. Again look at his post last night, the lad is struggling and people need to stop sending and writing f**king horrible stuff about him

I agree that people should support him, he is suffering and I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke. The worst thing that could happen to him right now would be if Alisson gets injured and he gets thrust into the limelight again and he then makes some blunders, that would be game over for his entire career. He needs to be loaned out or sold, that really is the kindest thing for him plus the best thing for the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1463: Jul 23, 2018 09:32:32 am

He needs to help himself a little also by removing himself from social media.

Never really understood why multimillionaires need to have a social media profile to earn a few more crumbs!

DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #1464: Jul 23, 2018 09:41:19 am

Had never considered it.. 😧
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #1465: Jul 23, 2018 09:41:30 am
      He needs to help himself a little also by removing himself from social media.

Never really understood why multimillionaires need to have a social media profile to earn a few more crumbs!

This. Concentrate on football and family... F**k off social media.

He doesn’t have to delete the profiles, just delete the apps and switch off from it for a while... it will help
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1466: Jul 23, 2018 09:53:23 am
      the problem is if people on here don't talk about his mistakes I am certain pundits and other fans will. Regardless of his ability what happened in Kiev was life changing for him and I doubt very much that he has dealt with that yet he needs time away from the front line and possibly a loan deal somewhere nice and quiet.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1467: Jul 23, 2018 09:59:36 am
      the problem is if people on here don't talk about his mistakes I am certain pundits and other fans will.

Of course they will. That's why it's our responsibility to crowd round him, support him and do what we've always done. Fight for our own and stick two fingers up at the rest
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1468: Jul 23, 2018 10:05:52 am
      How exactly does one "show support" for a player on an online forum?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1469: Jul 23, 2018 10:07:36 am
      How exactly does one "show support" for a player on an online forum?

By not slagging him off and being an all round sh*te about him? That's a start?

Did your mum never say to you if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1470: Jul 23, 2018 10:09:15 am
      By not slagging him off and being an all round sh*te about him? That's a start?

Did your mum never say to you if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all

Wow if people followed that policy on here it would be very very quiet ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #1471: Jul 23, 2018 10:14:42 am
      Wow if people followed that policy on here it would be very very quiet ;-)

Yeah I get that and I'm all one for banter and truth but it's clear this lad is struggling mentally and we shouldn't be adding to that 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply