Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204743 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1472: Jul 23, 2018 10:21:26 am
      Another mistake, what a surprise. Becoming a guarantee now.

I get all this support for him etc, personal abuse or whatever isn’t right and I don’t agree with it and for me when I criticise him, it is purely on a football level. But it’s football, if he’s not thick skinned enough to take all the stick that comes with it, along with that nice wage packet, then maybe he shouldn’t be in the sport. Players have experienced much worse, hate to use him as an example but look at the extremes everyone went to when Beckham got sent off vs Argentina, but he got on with it. Suggest Karius does the same or goes and plays in a league where he will be forgotten about.

Because the only thing that’s clear at the moment is that he is far from having the mentality to cope with being at such a demanding club.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1473: Jul 23, 2018 10:22:10 am
      Yeah I get that and I'm all one for banter and truth but it's clear this lad is struggling mentally and we shouldn't be adding to that 🤷‍♂️

I think we all agree he is suffering but the solution is to take him out of the limelight either with a loan move away or permanent, it honestly would be the best thing for him, the worst would be thrusting him back into the limelight and him F***ing up again, which at the moment it looks very likely he would do.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #1474: Jul 23, 2018 10:22:25 am
      For his own mental health and benefit the best thing Jürgen can do is get him out of the spotlight.

Agree. 
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1475: Jul 23, 2018 10:22:26 am
      Whether you like the guy as a player or not he's a red and a human being above all else. I mean ffs in this day and age you'd think people would be more aware of mental health and the sort of damage that can be done to the guy.

Think some people need reminding of what this club is about and what our motto is. We need to get behind the lad in the next match and show him that he doesn't walk alone.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1476: Jul 23, 2018 10:46:08 am
      First thing he could do is get himself off twitter where all he will see is abuse.

Drop the LK21 sh*te until he has achieved something. Take the plates off the car and the crap off his Insta.

Only way out of this is to train hard, keep quiet, stay humble and perform when the chance comes.

It might not be with us but plenty of players who have been awful for us have gone to other clubs and salvaged a good career for themselves.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1477: Jul 23, 2018 10:51:22 am
      First thing he could do is get himself off twitter where all he will see is abuse.

Drop the LK21 sh*te until he has achieved something. Take the plates off the car and the crap off his Insta.

Only way out of this is to train hard, keep quiet, stay humble and perform when the chance comes.

It might not be with us but plenty of players who have been awful for us have gone to other clubs and salvaged a good career for themselves.

So you'll only stop slagging him off on your terms

You could just do it anyway

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1478: Jul 23, 2018 10:58:17 am
      So you'll only stop slagging him off on your terms

You could just do it anyway

I dont slag him off anyway!? I question his performance, sometimes his mentality.

The world is a cruel place if you put yourself out there in the spotlight like he does then criticism will come if he doesn't live up to his own hype.

Lets put this into perspective, I'm currently scraping woodchip off my walls with an old scraper and a damp sponge after a long night shift.

All this pray for karius stuff is wearing thin. He's got it better than 99% of the worlds people and I doubt he's praying for me.

So yeah if he is out of the spotlight then in the long run he can come back but there's no use Klopp taking him out the firing line if he keeps putting himself back into it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1479: Jul 23, 2018 11:03:55 am
      I dont slag him off anyway!? I question his performance, sometimes his mentality.

The world is a cruel place if you put yourself out there in the spotlight like he does then criticism will come if he doesn't live up to his own hype.

Lets put this into perspective, I'm currently scraping woodchip off my walls with an old scraper and a damp sponge after a long night shift.

All this pray for karius stuff is wearing thin. He's got it better than 99% of the worlds people and I doubt he's praying for me.

So yeah if he is out of the spotlight then in the long run he can come back but there's no use Klopp taking him out the firing line if he keeps putting himself back into it.

The world's only a cruel place if people make it a cruel place
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1480: Jul 23, 2018 11:25:55 am
      Whether you like the guy as a player or not he's a red and a human being above all else. I mean ffs in this day and age you'd think people would be more aware of mental health and the sort of damage that can be done to the guy.

Think some people need reminding of what this club is about and what our motto is. We need to get behind the lad in the next match and show him that he doesn't walk alone.

No he really needs to be benched for a while, that is the best thing for him, if you push him now and he makes more mistakes then it might finish him for good, from a confidence perspective.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1481: Jul 23, 2018 11:29:20 am

How very zen of you, so does that mean there is no self determination then? You can't argue that him doing all this Haselhoff bollocks whilst on holiday etc doesn't heighten his exposure to ridicule?

He needs to lay low for a while, build up his confidence, preferably with another club but I'm no opposed to a loan deal
      Kopite78
      Reply #1482: Jul 23, 2018 11:32:18 am
      How very zen of you, so does that mean there is no self determination then? You can't argue that him doing all this Haselhoff bollocks whilst on holiday etc doesn't heighten his exposure to ridicule?

He needs to lay low for a while, build up his confidence, preferably with another club but I'm no opposed to a loan deal

Honestly I don't care what he puts on social media.. really I don't

I wouldn't ridicule him for it though no
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1483: Jul 23, 2018 11:36:05 am

But people do
      Kopite78
      Reply #1484: Jul 23, 2018 11:36:29 am

Then they're the problem
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1485: Jul 23, 2018 11:47:34 am

Well yes but that doesn't change anything does it, Karius by keeping a high profile at the moment is doing himself no favours and he needs someone to advise him of that, he needs to disappear into the background for a bit, build up his confidence and game again.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1486: Jul 23, 2018 11:50:21 am

All the bloke can do is control the things he can control.

Apart from arguing for the sake of arguing and putting me off my wallpaper your point is pretty pointless.

He lives in the world he lives in so with that information between his lug holes the best decision he can come too is to forget the LK21 and self promotion side of things and concentrate on his real job of goalkeeping.

That's far more doable and productive than hoping millions of stupid people world wide will stop sending him abuse via social media.

The LK21 stuff is dead in the water for now anyway. You can't sell merch and be idolised by millions playing the way he is. He doesnt have the game to back it up at the moment. If I saw a pair of LK21 keeper gloves in the shop i'd be putting them back, even if they were in the bargain bin.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1487: Jul 23, 2018 11:54:07 am
      All the bloke can do is control the things he can control.

And all any other "bloke" can do is not be a c**t to someone else

Pretty simple really

Enjoy your wallpapering buddy 👍
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1488: Jul 23, 2018 11:56:58 am

I applaud the sentiment behind your posts mate, but what you call "cruel" behaviour is what makes this guy rich. It's just part of the job I'm afraid. Very few human beings can perform to a high standard under immense pressure and this why those who do so earn so much money and live a more comfortable life than 99.999999999% of the world's population. If his performances were not to be scrutinised (and his failures criticised), this would mean he's largely irrelevant and he wouldn't be one of the world's top earners. So you have to take it both ways. Obviously that doesn't mean the guy isn't human, that his mental health isn't a concern, and so on, but then again the people who throw abuse and even threats online are a tiny minority of weirdos, most people simply criticise his performance and, as FOAR said, his mentality/attitude - again, part of the job of being in the top 0.01 percentile of the world's athletes, whether we like it or not. If I were in the stadium I'd be cheering him on if I could, but I'm not, and I don't think he reads this forum, so I don't know why we shouldn't discuss his shortcomings. At least I'm glad he can afford the best mental health support we could possibly imagine and throw another California holiday at it if he wants. This is why I do feel sorry for the lad but I can't bring myself to feel too much pity.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1489: Jul 23, 2018 12:05:26 pm
      I applaud the sentiment behind your posts mate, but what you call "cruel" behaviour is what makes this guy rich. It's just part of the job I'm afraid. Very few human beings can perform to a high standard under immense pressure and this why those who do so earn so much money and live a more comfortable life than 99.999999999% of the world's population. If his performances were not to be scrutinised (and his failures criticised), this would mean he's largely irrelevant and he wouldn't be one of the world's top earners. So you have to take it both ways. Obviously that doesn't mean the guy isn't human, that his mental health isn't a concern, and so on, but then again the people who throw abuse and even threats online are a tiny minority of weirdos, most people simply criticise his performance and, as FOAR said, his mentality/attitude - again, part of the job of being in the top 0.01 percentile of the world's athletes, whether we like it or not. If I were in the stadium I'd be cheering him on if I could, but I'm not, and I don't think he reads this forum, so I don't know why we shouldn't discuss his shortcomings. At least I'm glad he can afford the best mental health support we could possibly imagine and throw another California holiday at it if he wants. This is why I do feel sorry for the lad but I can't bring myself to feel too much pity.

Mate I wasn't at the pity stage until this morning, his post on Instagram to me suggests he's really starting to struggle

Now I'm sure the manager will look after him and of course he needs to perhaps take himself from social media and hopefully he will do now but I imagine that he will find that hard even if it's just criticism he's reading. I also doubt footballers read forums but maybe when they are getting so much criticism then lonely nights on pre season tours again the temptation is too much and they do.

I don't care about the money, I never have done

I'm not saying criticism isn't justified and/or needed and part of the reason we love the game but there comes a time to stop it and again his post on Instagram to me suggests that time is now.

We have all got what we ultimately wanted, a new keeper who will be number one once the season rolls around but surely we can stop crucifying the lad when that's currently obviously doing to him

I don't think it makes him look irrelevant I think it makes us look human

But each to their own
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1490: Jul 23, 2018 12:11:16 pm
      My wife sent a lovely message to him on Insta this morning, I would encourage all you fuckers to do the same!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1491: Jul 23, 2018 12:19:36 pm
      I agree with Diego. I dont want to be a c**t to the bloke but I just see that as being a good way to build himself back up. Block out the 'haters'  and concentrate on the bread and butter of his work.

My dad always told me to concentrate on myself and control what can be controlled and its good advice.

Thats why i'm on here trying to convince strangers to agree with me on my opinion of somebody else ;D.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1492: Jul 23, 2018 12:20:36 pm
      Might be best for Karius if he heads back to Germany and does a reset on his career as it's not worked out for him here.

We still have time to sign a half decent backup keeper.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1493: Jul 23, 2018 12:30:54 pm
      Needs to come off social media for a while.  Doesn't matter how much money someone earns if their mental health is being affected then he needs to step away from it. Whatever he has done  nothing justifies the level of abuse, he or other people get on social media, why they stay on there is beyond me but it still doesn't make it right. The comments about his holiday video etc are utterly ridiculous,  he is entitled to do what he likes, a young guy in his mid twenties having fun, what a b***ard. Sanctimonious shower of tw*ts who need to get a grip on reality
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1494: Jul 23, 2018 12:39:45 pm
      On a side note it would be interesting to know if managers and/or players do actually read the forums. I'm fairly sure that Jürgen reads my posts, poor b***ard, why else would he have changed his mind on buying Alisson ;-)
      In all seriousness they must surely read them a bit, just out of curiosity, and as a manager I definitely would keep an eye on some of the forums as you can never have to many opinions and thoughts and someone out there might just have spotted a weakness or opportunity that your staff haven't or perhaps know of a really exciting player form their local leagues which the scouts are unaware of.

Quick Reply