Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202301 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1541: Jul 24, 2018 04:18:03 pm
      I just want him to f**k off. I'm not one of those who would abuse him like he has been at matches or on social media. That is sad.

But he is not good enough and makes a lot of money. So I don't feel sorry for him especially after that stupid L.A. video.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1542: Jul 24, 2018 04:18:10 pm
      It's all getting a bit dramatic for me. Karius has had a bit of stick on this board but it's all been fairly tame. Let's not assume all LFC fans are accountable for some of the bile and abuse that gets dolled out on Twitter on a regular basis. That's not the universal view of the average Red.

And whilst we're on Twitter I'd strongly suggest Lorus gets himself off the ridiculous site and stay off it. Why would you engage with a platform that gives every WUM, troll and gobs***e on the planet a voice? It's frickin bonkers. These professional sportsmen & women just seem to think it is compulsory for some reason, it's not.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1543: Jul 24, 2018 04:52:14 pm
      Its the fact that you are supporting the player, a fairly average player by the way who has evidently lost his confidence, over the club. That kind of annoys me a bit because I support the club instead of individual players.
      Karius has no right to feel aggrieved at being replaced and if he genuinely considers himself better than Alisson then he is downright delusional.

I think you mis-understood my post, I was simply replying to Walton about my opinion on his opinion, nothing about supporting Karius over our club.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/support

And even if I did support him and wanted him to succeed (which I actually do), why does that even make you angry? Wtf? ;D.

* Saw an article where Klopp had been asked about talking to Karius about the Alisson acquisition and he responded saying (along the lines of) "we spoke but what we talked about is between us and not the public".

First I heard of this, I can't find it, could you please link?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1544: Jul 24, 2018 05:09:15 pm
      I think you mis-understood my post, I was simply replying to Walton about my opinion on his opinion, nothing about supporting Karius over our club.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/support

And even if I did support him and wanted him to succeed (which I actually do), why does that even make you angry? Wtf? ;D.

First I heard of this, I can't find it, could you please link?

Its not about you supporting Karius, although your reasons and assertions that he is a good keeper are getting more silly by the day, but the fact that you seemed to be taking his side over Klopp and the club, if I misunderstood you then apologies.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1545: Jul 24, 2018 05:35:17 pm
      Its not about you supporting Karius, although your reasons and assertions that he is a good keeper are getting more silly by the day, but the fact that you seemed to be taking his side over Klopp and the club, if I misunderstood you then apologies.

Please point to me the direction that makes you assume I am taking Karius' side over Klopp and the club?

And yeah, he has shown he is a good keeper, and had he not made those mistakes in the CL , I bet my life the vast majority of fans wouldn't have asked for a new GK.

There was a very small minority on this forum ( myself, Scottbot, 7-KK-7, Chats(or Shabs) and maybe a couple of others) and outside that saw faults and felt we could uprade, but a vast majority that was very happy with Karius, and that usually suggest one thing, right? Karius was playing well and considered a good keeper with potential.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1546: Jul 24, 2018 10:10:09 pm
      Hope he stays and is a solid back up to Allison for years to come and (god forbid) if alisson does get injured for a period of time Karius can perform well enough for us to not be nervous every time we see him on the team sheet.
      I think being a number 2 is the perfect thing for Karius right now, go to game days, be in the match team squad, see the fans as he warms up, let all his mistakes be forgotten about and when the time is right for him to step up hopefully he isn't as nervous and his performance is improved upon. Goalkeeping is the MOST IMPORTANT position on a football pitch to be confident in, if he is confident he performs well, if he isn't, like now he will perform how he currently will.

Think what we saw from Karius at the end of last season apart from the Champions league final is enough for us to think he IS a good goalkeeper and still has the potential.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1547: Jul 25, 2018 02:58:24 am
      Quote from PurpleMonkey
      he has shown he is a good keeper, and had he not made those mistakes in the CL , I bet my life the vast majority of fans wouldn't have asked for a new GK.

There was a very small minority on this forum ( myself, Scottbot, 7-KK-7, Chats(or Shabs) and maybe a couple of others) and outside that saw faults and felt we could uprade, but a vast majority that was very happy with Karius

It wasn't a small minority, it was a fair number unhappy with him after about 4 games of his career here, and wanted him out at the end of his first season, let alone last.

As he was signed by Klopp, he got every chance to learn, recover, improve, and establish himself as No. 1. Jürgen didn't want to replace him and didn't want to pay anything close to a world record fee for a goalkeeper. However, now his error rate is rising and he's struggling with the basics. So Klopp has finally run out of patience and decided to act.

Karius has two more games left before taking up that long term vigil that goalkeepers do, on the bench. But at this stage, I wouldn't even put him through the games against the mancs, then see him concede a hatful and read the reaction he gets. I would put Kelleher in, and let him stake a claim for the League Cup spot. What have we got to lose? If he does well great, if he doesn't the result doesn't matter anyway.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1548: Jul 25, 2018 10:35:12 am
      Please point to me the direction that makes you assume I am taking Karius' side over Klopp and the club?

And yeah, he has shown he is a good keeper, and had he not made those mistakes in the CL , I bet my life the vast majority of fans wouldn't have asked for a new GK.

There was a very small minority on this forum ( myself, Scottbot, 7-KK-7, Chats(or Shabs) and maybe a couple of others) and outside that saw faults and felt we could uprade, but a vast majority that was very happy with Karius, and that usually suggest one thing, right? Karius was playing well and considered a good keeper with potential.

Tell me when he was a good keeper ?

He always looked shaky and us not conceding was an exception to the rule, the vast majority had doubts about his ability and rightly so. Of course he had some good games (a few), but that wasn't the norm. In every game he had a mistake in him waiting to happen, in no way he instilled confidence in his defensive partners and so on.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1549: Jul 25, 2018 11:30:38 pm
      Most of us would probably agree that his stock is zero at the moment,the chances are that with Allisson our #1 GK now Karius will never see another game for us in a competitive match again. That's the truth of it so why pay wages to him when the club could break the contract and pay him his redundancy out. Everyone would be happy including Karius , he'll get a shot at another club as he's still young.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1550: Jul 26, 2018 12:01:48 am
      Most of us would probably agree that his stock is zero at the moment,the chances are that with Allisson our #1 GK now Karius will never see another game for us in a competitive match again. That's the truth of it so why pay wages to him when the club could break the contract and pay him his redundancy out. Everyone would be happy including Karius , he'll get a shot at another club as he's still young.

I don't think the manager operates like that on bit.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1551: Jul 26, 2018 10:30:02 am

😂

Man management 101 there

Can just see it...
      I mean not like that wouldn't affect Karius reputation even more like..
      oh he's the lad who fu**ed up in the champions league final and he's that bad they just paid him off and sent him packing.. he must have a weak mentality as well I'm not sure we can take that gamble on him if Liverpool treat him so shoddily they must think he's not worth sh*te so we will look elsewhere too

Also from incoming players point of view
      always heard Klopp was sound but look how he treated Karius... couple of mistakes and he's wrecked his career by releasing him and not helping to rebuild him... think I'll swerve Liverpool me
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1552: Aug 07, 2018 09:05:49 pm
      Really nice reception for Karius when he came on tonight. Anfield field crowd showing their class as usual 👍
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1553: Aug 08, 2018 08:13:20 am
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heart warming reception for Loris Karius after receiving a round of applause from the Liverpool fans 🔴👏🏻 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LFC</a>  <a href="https://t.co/6nvSJkSAvk">pic.twitter.com/6nvSJkSAvk</a></p>&mdash; AnfieldTunnel (@AnfieldTunnel) <a href="https://twitter.com/AnfieldTunnel/status/1026924837984448512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1554: Aug 08, 2018 09:08:24 am
      Really nice reception for Karius when he came on tonight. Anfield field crowd showing their class as usual 👍

As much as I'm relieved we got Alisson I'm happy and proud with that reception for Karius, hopefully he can rebuild his confidence now out of the spotlight. That reception would have doen him the world of good
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1555: Aug 09, 2018 08:23:31 am
      Nice touch by our fans.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1556: Sep 03, 2018 01:03:04 am
      Mixed bag in his debut match.

Good stop with 1vs1.  But then he blew it by coming for a ball and misjudging it.

https://youtu.be/w6LJ40S5BUk
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1557: Oct 04, 2018 10:19:41 pm
      Just made another howler dealing with a cross that went straight in!

Am i right in thinking that this Turkish team has to sign him after the loan?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1558: Oct 04, 2018 10:27:27 pm

I hope so mate Karius is a walking turd of a keeper I don't want to see him near the club again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1559: Oct 04, 2018 10:31:29 pm

Ah sh*t, I feel for him :(
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #1560: Oct 05, 2018 10:24:39 am
      He's average GK and mistakes don't help him. Really glad we sign Alisson.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1561: Oct 05, 2018 12:37:41 pm
      I am so so happy we got Alisson and rid of that useless Karius who is beyond damaged goods now. As much as people were puzzled about us keeping Migs it does all make sense now.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1562: Oct 05, 2018 03:18:26 pm
      Karius shows me that Jürgen is not god in choosing the real-deal-players. Makes me scared about Fabinho.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1563: Oct 05, 2018 03:38:00 pm
      Karius shows me that Jürgen is not god in choosing the real-deal-players. Makes me scared about Fabinho.

The same Klopp that binned Karius for Alisson.
      Sit down.

Quick Reply