Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202349 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread (on loan at Besiktas)
      Reply #1610: Jan 04, 2020 04:32:21 pm
      Good riddance
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1611: May 15, 2020 05:02:09 pm
      1 Question.
      Karius or Adrian?

For me, the germans form before his champions league howler was good enough to be our number 2
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1612: May 15, 2020 05:09:55 pm
      1 Question.
      Karius or Adrian?

For me, the germans form before his champions league howler was good enough to be our number 2
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1613: May 15, 2020 05:30:50 pm
      Adrian's our current backup keeper and Karius is on loan elsewhere so Klopp thinks Adrian is better suited.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1614: May 15, 2020 05:34:54 pm
      Adrian's our current backup keeper and Karius is on loan elsewhere so Klopp thinks Adrian is better suited.

Pretty sure Karius terminated his contract with Besiktas so is back with us.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1615: May 15, 2020 05:37:14 pm
      Pretty sure Karius terminated his contract with Besiktas so is back with us.

He did, although I think Adrian is the better keeper overall. Alisson won't miss too many matches anyway, he's just been unlucky this season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1616: May 15, 2020 05:42:34 pm
      1 Question.
      Karius or Adrian?

Karius is a bit lacking for me in 2 key areas;
      1) judging the flight of the ball, especially on long shots (yes, I know it can move around a fair bit, but he made some right howlers)

2) Judgement under the high ball; when to stay, when to come, indecisive at set pieces. Not good under long punts either.

I feel for the lad.
      He's not a bad keeper really, but he was nowhere near ready to be our number one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1617: May 15, 2020 05:45:28 pm
      1 Question.
      Karius or Adrian?

Neither. Karius is potentially the better of the two but they both lack the mental aspect and struggle when they are under pressure after a mistake.

Cut our losses with both. This summer needs to be a case of getting rid of all the deadwood, past their best, liabilities and players that don’t quite cut it to give us what we need; Adrian, Karius, Clyne, Lallana, Lovren and Origi. Unfortunately a bit of a cull is needed but the drop off in quality between the first 11 and them players is too big now.
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2020 05:54:20 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1618: May 15, 2020 07:40:19 pm
      Adrian is better
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1619: May 15, 2020 09:32:38 pm

Totally agree and think Adrian is mentally stronger to bounce back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1620: May 16, 2020 08:38:40 am
      1 Question.
      Karius or Adrian?

Would you have trusted Karius more than Adrian in the games with Chelsea and Ateltico, I'm not sure I would, both are sub standard goalies, even for reserve, we need better.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1621: May 16, 2020 09:29:25 am
      Adrian is better but neither are good enough to be our number two.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1622: May 17, 2020 09:51:24 am
      Number 2 keepers are usually pretty bad.

Adrian being in his mid 30s at least means he is comfortable in his own skin. When he makes a mistake he seems slightly better equipped to deal with it.

Christ just had a flashback to being in the pub and seeing Karius boot it against Benzema watching it open mouthed in disbelief as the ball slowly trickled in. That feeling of helplessness. Horrible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1623: May 17, 2020 10:42:25 am
      Number 2 keepers are usually pretty bad.

Adrian being in his mid 30s at least means he is comfortable in his own skin. When he makes a mistake he seems slightly better equipped to deal with it.

Christ just had a flashback to being in the pub and seeing Karius boot it against Benzema watching it open mouthed in disbelief as the ball slowly trickled in. That feeling of helplessness. Horrible.

Yes for us the #2 keeper is normally bloody useless, I agree with that but it shouldn't be like that, Chelsea, Man Utd and Citeh all have better back up keepers than we do and I'm willing to bet all the other top teams in Europe do as well. I'm not suggesting we need two equally good GK's, that would be a bit silly but you need a good up and coming keeper OR a very good experienced GK at the tail end of their career, someone to keep the main GK on their toes. Competition for places is always good, just look at Chelsea where their goalie was swapped out half way through the season but then came back stronger.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1624: May 17, 2020 06:56:54 pm
      I would be happy with both to be honest, no.2 is not needed that much hopefully.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1625: May 18, 2020 12:22:43 am
      I would be happy with both to be honest, no.2 is not needed that much hopefully.

Except it was this season and having a crappy one knocked us out of FA cup and CL.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1626: May 18, 2020 10:58:57 am
      Except it was this season and having a crappy one knocked us out of FA cup and CL.

We weren't good enough as a team in either game, so no F***ing point scapegoating the goalie!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1627: May 18, 2020 11:27:45 am
      We weren't good enough as a team in either game, so no f**king point scapegoating the goalie!!

To be fair that second game vs Atletico we very much were good enough, that was a very good team performance and it was only the woodwork(?) and Oblak that kept them in the game and got them to extra time. Unfortunately Adrian was shaky the entire game, he was making a meal out of most things before his errors that led to goals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1628: May 18, 2020 12:16:06 pm
      We weren't good enough as a team in either game, so no f**king point scapegoating the goalie!!

when a ball slips through a goalies hands and then in the next game he passes it straight to the opposition and then forgets to dive at the shot, then yes I think scapegoating is allowed! We lost both those games because of Adrian or do you think we would have lost them even with Allison in goal?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1629: May 18, 2020 12:35:49 pm
      To be fair that second game vs Atletico we very much were good enough, that was a very good team performance and it was only the woodwork(?) and Oblak that kept them in the game and got them to extra time. Unfortunately Adrian was shaky the entire game, he was making a meal out of most things before his errors that led to goals.

We were beaten, therefore we weren't good enough, we got knocked out. It's football.

I'm not scapegoating players when even Klopp was incensed with having to play the game and hinted that our players heads might not have fully been in the game.

Start of the season, we were more arsed about winning the league, that still stands.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1630: May 18, 2020 01:29:15 pm
      We were beaten, therefore we weren't good enough, we got knocked out. It's football.

Well, what can you do when the keeper cocks up.

Karius has been slated for his errors in the final but in truth, both keepers have cost us the competition, just at different stages and some people for some reason try and take some moral high ground with Adrian.
      If neither Karius or Adrian were Liverpool players when they made them mistakes, I think anyone that says they would be happy to see us sign them as a backup option would be lieing. There’s a reason why we found it hard to shift Karius and why Adrian was without a team.

There seems to be a section of people who are content to have an average at best 2nd choice keeper but want us to have good quality backup in the outfield positions. Doesn’t make sense and seems a bit small time to me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1631: May 18, 2020 02:41:26 pm

Karius has been slated for his errors in the final but in truth, both keepers have cost us the competition, just at different stages and some people for some reason try and take some moral high ground with Adrian.
      If neither Karius or Adrian were Liverpool players when they made them mistakes, I think anyone that says they would be happy to see us sign them as a backup option would be lieing. There’s a reason why we found it hard to shift Karius and why Adrian was without a team.

There seems to be a section of people who are content to have an average at best 2nd choice keeper but want us to have good quality backup in the outfield positions. Doesn’t make sense and seems a bit small time to me.

Spot on, I find that way of thinking utterly bizarre, why are they against us having a better backup keeper and making the team even better?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1632: May 18, 2020 03:21:22 pm

What first choice keeper do you reckon we can buy then to sit on the bench and play back up to Ali?

Quick Reply