Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202367 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1633: May 18, 2020 03:22:24 pm
      Spot on, I find that way of thinking utterly bizarre, why are they against us having a better backup keeper and making the team even better?

What No 1 is gonna come play no 2 for us to Alisson?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1634: May 18, 2020 03:26:20 pm
      We were beaten, therefore we weren't good enough, we got knocked out. It's football.

I'm not scapegoating players when even Klopp was incensed with having to play the game and hinted that our players heads might not have fully been in the game.

Start of the season, we were more arsed about winning the league, that still stands.

Adrian didn't miss a string of chances in 90 minutes. Yes he gave the ball.away but the atletico player still had a bit to do. Will be hard placed to find many outstanding players wanting to play second fiddle
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1635: May 18, 2020 04:28:17 pm
      What first choice keeper do you reckon we can buy then to sit on the bench and play back up to Ali?

Who says it has to be a first choice that we sign? There are plenty of adequate backup keepers out there I’m sure.
      Also, Romero who was a first choice and an established international keeper went to play backup to De Gea so I don’t know why people think keepers aren’t prepared to do that, especially for teams who would be expecting to compete on all fronts because there will be plenty of opportunities for them to still play.

Burnley for example at one point had Pope, Heaton and Hart, all 3 of which would expect to be first choice.

Why do people seem to have such an issue with having a backup keeper that can pose a genuine threat to our first choice? Surely that’s what anyone would want?!

Also for what it’s worth, despite Karius costing us the final, he looked a lot more assured on the run to the final than Adrian has done in his 3 Champions League games.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020 04:37:23 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1636: May 18, 2020 08:02:43 pm
      I wish we’d have brought Reina back in, seemed a no brainer to me.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1637: May 18, 2020 08:09:36 pm
      What first choice keeper do you reckon we can buy then to sit on the bench and play back up to Ali?

I'd like to order a hot iced coffee please. ;D
      Ok! I get your point. That's the wonder of the English language.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1638: May 21, 2020 06:06:28 am
      Except it was this season and having a crappy one knocked us out of FA cup and CL.

The keeper who played contributed to winning the League.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1639: May 26, 2020 10:38:51 am
      The keeper who played contributed to winning the League.

hmm, yes but not really, if you remember in the games where we has Adrian as GK our defence was far from good, I think we conceded goals in all those games, the difference when Allison came back in was huge, the defence was instantly more solid and we started racking up clean sheets again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1640: May 26, 2020 12:21:01 pm
      hmm, yes but not really, if you remember in the games where we has Adrian as GK our defence was far from good, I think we conceded goals in all those games, the difference when Allison came back in was huge, the defence was instantly more solid and we started racking up clean sheets again.

Was thinking back and Adrian wasn’t exactly much good in that early season run of games. His first game vs Norwich he dived for the ball once it had already gone past him (like vs Atletico) and then this howler that gifted Ings a goal is another example of his inability to kick the ball.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brand0nLFC/status/1192111758741250050

Karius’ attempt to kick the ball and we conceded a corner from it

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ifcdan/status/1251081255728427008

Neither of them seem able to kick a ball properly, neither can catch, both are slow to react and they both parry the ball straight back into the danger area. The only difference between the two is that because Adrian didn’t make his mistakes in the CL final, some people seem intent on giving him a free pass despite mistake after mistake after mistake and to be honest, I’d say he’s made more mistakes than what Karius made in his final season as number 1 for us. To Karius’ credit, he was pretty solid in the run to the Champions League final and I think he kept the most clean sheets in the tournament?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020 12:29:21 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1641: May 27, 2020 08:27:02 am
      Still a much better keeper than Adrian.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1642: May 27, 2020 08:36:09 am
      Still a much better keeper than Adrian.

yes probably but would you trust Karius in a big match, yes or no?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1643: May 27, 2020 10:01:42 am
      Dread to think of our present status if Karius was still between the sticks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1644: May 27, 2020 10:59:57 am
      yes probably but would you trust Karius in a big match, yes or no?

I don’t think we’d have been 25 points clear with either of them spending the season there.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1645: Sep 02, 2020 07:05:57 pm
      Hard to believe he's still on the books.
      Only remembered him after seeing the programme on the BBC the other nite.
      Not a good memory unfortunately.
      Thought I heard Montpellier were interested but not sure how likely that is.
      Its a tough business, no guarantee that he'll get any suitors..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1646: Sep 02, 2020 07:10:16 pm
      Hard to believe he's still on the books.
      Only remembered him after seeing the programme on the BBC the other nite.
      Not a good memory unfortunately.
      Thought I heard Montpellier were interested but not sure how likely that is.
      Its a tough business, no guarantee that he'll get any suitors..

I still think overall he's a better goalkeeper than Adrian and those mistakes in the final just totally ruined him.

His transfer value would be much higher than Adrian's though so for that reason alone I'd be looking to move him on and keep Adrian while the younger keepers develop a bit more.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2020 07:31:19 pm by srslfc »
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1647: Sep 02, 2020 07:30:14 pm
      I still think overall he's a better goalkeeper than Adrian and those mistakes in the final just totally ruined him.

His transfer value would be much higher than Adrian's though so for that reason alone of be looking to move him on and keep Adrian while the younger keepers develop a bit more.

Have to say am personally not a fan, and don't think Adrian has let us down when give the nod.
      Hope your right and his transfer value is good, be nice if someone came in with a few bob so we can part ways and he can try move past it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1648: Sep 02, 2020 11:11:42 pm

His transfer value would be much higher than Adrian's though so for that reason alone I'd be looking to move him on and keep Adrian while the younger keepers develop a bit more.

I doubt his transfer value is all that high. That Turkish club had basically agreed to buy him but after seeing him up close for two seasons, pretty much begged off. It's a tough business as bmck says, but it's hard to think he will ever get to be a top goalkeeper. I'd say there's a greater value for us in having him gone permanently than in getting a slightly higher price tag.

Just thinking about the first mistake with throwing the ball off Benzema....*shudder*
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1649: Sep 03, 2020 08:37:03 am
      Have to say am personally not a fan, and don't think Adrian has let us down when give the nod.
      Hope your right and his transfer value is good, be nice if someone came in with a few bob so we can part ways and he can try move past it.

Adrian everytime.

Feel sorry for karius, but hes not good enough for the top level.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1650: Sep 03, 2020 08:56:18 am
      Adrian everytime.

Feel sorry for karius, but hes not good enough for the top level.

As an all round goalkeeper then Adrian is better, but that is in large part because Karius's concentration is poor and confidence is shot. Technically I'd say Karius is better. I'm hoping one of these young keepers can step up this year as I am not a big fan of Adrian after the Chelsea and Ateltico games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1651: Sep 22, 2020 01:06:06 pm
      This lad needs to work on his concentration levels above anything else.

Fine shot stopper, but its like hes better at reaction saves, see it late hell save it. But if he knows a shots coming before it comes irs like his brain switches off and thats where his errors come from.

Not a bad keeper if you break it down but poor concentration....Hope he gets a good move to sort his career out. An awful shame for any players career to be determined by 1 game really
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1652: Sep 22, 2020 01:37:10 pm

Adrian has let us down plenty with mistakes. The one against Atletico was particularly infuriating because we were deep in extra time, already up 2-0 to go through to the next round and he gives the ball straight back to an Atletico player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1653: Sep 22, 2020 02:26:46 pm

Adrian has let us down plenty with mistakes. The one against Atletico was particularly infuriating because we were deep in extra time, already up 2-0 to go through to the next round and he gives the ball straight back to an Atletico player.

and that was the same week as he fu**ed up against Chelsea in the FA Cup, hell of a week for Allison to be injured!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1654: Sep 22, 2020 02:45:30 pm
      [qu. The one against Atletico was particularly infuriating bec
      [/quote]

Jesus, that was a game of two goalkeepers.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1655: Sep 22, 2020 02:58:01 pm
      and that was the same week as he fu**ed up against Chelsea in the FA Cup, hell of a week for Allison to be injured!

Adrian may have played the FA Cup no matter what, but Alisson would have def been in the CL game. That mistake by Adrian against Atletico still bothers me because it was so easy to avoid and other than Bayern the rest of the teams looked so beatable and with the league locked up we could have just focused on the CL.

Quick Reply