Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202319 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1679: Oct 31, 2021 01:42:38 pm
      Is he still here?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1680: Oct 31, 2021 01:55:43 pm

Technically still under contract I think.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1681: Oct 31, 2021 02:01:25 pm
      Technically still under contract I think.

A waste of wages then. Not contributing much and yet he costs us wages. I guess the matchday staff contribute more than him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1682: Oct 31, 2021 02:11:49 pm
      A waste of wages then. Not contributing much and yet he costs us wages. I guess the matchday staff contribute more than him.

Yup. He won’t even see the bench for us this year. With Kelleher hurt I thought he’d make the bench behind Adrian against Preston but instead we dressed Hughes and Marcelo over him. He’s done.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1683: Oct 31, 2021 02:49:18 pm
      F**k Karius! He is a F***ing leech! Another weak minded pussy robbing the Club! Just F**k off! If he is contracted until the end of the Season then offer him a severance package and F**k him off! I'm done with modern footballers raping clubs.

He is a F***ing clown! Now F**k off!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1684: Oct 31, 2021 03:49:27 pm
      F**k Karius! He is a f**king leech! Another weak minded pussy robbing the Club! Just f**k off! If he is contracted until the end of the Season then offer him a severance package and f**k him off! I'm done with modern footballers raping clubs.

He is a f**king clown! Now f**k off!

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? What happened to YNWA?  :roll: :roll:

So if a player wants to leave, he's a snake ; but if a player wants to stay, he's a leech?

You're looking at this from a supporter's perspective. Karius isn't.
      Liverpool FC is his employer. Karius and the club signed a contract, which he is allowed to run down.

By all accounts, he's conducting himself like a professional, is fulfilling all his obligations, and does not create trouble. I fail to see what he's doing that is so terrible to justify your insults.

Let me put it this way... How would you feel if your boss suddenly told you you had to go work someplace else for less money? I'm sure you wouldn't be thrilled either...

Now, is the situation ideal? Of course not. But that doesn't mean Karius deserves such hate.

Edit: BTW, Karius is on a £25,000 a week contract. Some of our kids are earning more than that, so he's hardly 'raping' the club.
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2021 04:22:53 pm by PTU »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1685: Oct 31, 2021 04:46:27 pm
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2021 04:55:44 pm by stuey »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #1686: Oct 31, 2021 06:02:43 pm
      F**k Karius! He is a f**king leech! Another weak minded pussy robbing the Club! Just f**k off! If he is contracted until the end of the Season then offer him a severance package and f**k him off! I'm done with modern footballers raping clubs.

He is a f**king clown! Now f**k off!

:D f*ck him off indeed, still haven't forgotten his calamitous mistakes >:D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1687: Oct 31, 2021 06:24:17 pm

So if a player wants to leave, he's a snake ; but if a player wants to stay, he's a leech?

Liverpool FC is his employer. Karius and the club signed a contract, which he is allowed to run down.

By all accounts, he's conducting himself like a professional, is fulfilling all his obligations, and does not create trouble. I fail to see what he's doing that is so terrible to justify your insults.

Let me put it this way... How would you feel if your boss suddenly told you you had to go work someplace else for less money? I'm sure you wouldn't be thrilled either...

Now, is the situation ideal? Of course not. But that doesn't mean Karius deserves such hate.

Edit: BTW, Karius is on a £25,000 a week contract. Some of our kids are earning more than that, so he's hardly 'raping' the club.

Harsh! Is it F**k! F**k him! YNWA applies to those who love the Club!

It's not as simple as that! If he leaves based purely on monetary principles then he is a snake, if he leaves to get regular football then he is not. If he wants to stay because he has a chance of redeeming himself he is not a leech, if he stays because he is absolute sh*te, knows he will never play for us again but wants to maximise his financial gain then he is a F***ing leech! What kind of a pussy keeps hiding from reality? If he is any good he will find employment elsewhere and earn the wage he truly deserves!

Your point is?

Conducting himself like a professional? Don't make me F***ing laugh! Any true professional would leave in search of regular playing time. The very fact he is happy to sit on his arse like a F***ing mincer and do nothing says all you need to know about his professionalism. Doesn't create trouble? What the F**k does that even mean! I can hardly see him carrying out Craig Bellamyesque antics on the training ground, can you? He spends 90% of every waking hour being consoled!

Well if i wasn't worth the money he was paying me then i'd have the integrity to realise his decision and accept it like a man. I have been a contractor all my life though, much like Karius is. You are paid what you are worth, his potential suitors clearly feel he is not worth the money he is currently earning. The position he finds himself in is all of his own making. I'm sure he doesn't need any more pity. It's the over pitying that has led him to this place.

It's not hate. I am uttering truths, facts if you like.

Some of our kids are worth their wages. Karius isn't. It really is that simple. He's been offered a position at another Club that will allow him to play regularly (maybe). He should take it and go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1688: Oct 31, 2021 06:31:30 pm
       :lmao:

Blimey - he made a mistake and it’s prob cost him his career .
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1689: Oct 31, 2021 07:06:31 pm

Harsh! Is it f**k! F**k him! YNWA applies to those who love the Club!

It's not as simple as that! If he leaves based purely on monetary principles then he is a snake, if he leaves to get regular football then he is not. If he wants to stay because he has a chance of redeeming himself he is not a leech, if he stays because he is absolute sh*te, knows he will never play for us again but wants to maximise his financial gain then he is a f**king leech! What kind of a pussy keeps hiding from reality? If he is any good he will find employment elsewhere and earn the wage he truly deserves!

Your point is?

Conducting himself like a professional? Don't make me f**king laugh! Any true professional would leave in search of regular playing time. The very fact he is happy to sit on his arse like a f**king mincer and do nothing says all you need to know about his professionalism. Doesn't create trouble? What the f**k does that even mean! I can hardly see him carrying out Craig Bellamyesque antics on the training ground, can you? He spends 90% of every waking hour being consoled!

Well if i wasn't worth the money he was paying me then i'd have the integrity to realise his decision and accept it like a man. I have been a contractor all my life though, much like Karius is. You are paid what you are worth, his potential suitors clearly feel he is not worth the money he is currently earning. The position he finds himself in is all of his own making. I'm sure he doesn't need any more pity. It's the over pitying that has led him to this place.

It's not hate. I am uttering truths, facts if you like.

Some of our kids are worth their wages. Karius isn't. It really is that simple. He's been offered a position at another Club that will allow him to play regularly (maybe). He should take it and go.

Obviously, we'll not agree on the issue, but I'll just add this one thing:

In 2018, Origi was playing with the ressies after failing to find another club that summer. It seemed pretty clear his story with us was over. A few months later, he scored in the CL final.

How do you know Karius isn't secretly hoping for a similar story? (Not saying it's realistic, but perhaps he's still hoping to change Jürgen's opinion. You made a lot of assumptions about him, so it's only fair I do the same...)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1690: Oct 31, 2021 11:12:11 pm
      Who was that f**ker who got fu**ed off by Rafa for acting the c**t at the Hillsborough Service, he was worse than Karius. Plus only game I remember him playing for us was getting beat by Barnsley in the cup at Anfield.

Was it that Pegi Aphxed or something like that? Have no idea how to spell his name but I think it was him from memory.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1691: Nov 01, 2021 12:19:37 am
      Was it that Pegi Aphxed or something like that? Have no idea how to spell his name but I think it was him from memory.

Charles Itandje
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1692: Nov 01, 2021 01:11:20 am

Oh yeah that's him

Good memory Bud
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1693: Nov 01, 2021 02:14:39 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1694: Nov 01, 2021 03:01:37 pm
      I thought the lad did ok for us to the point where he lost the plot in the final…

He kept us in some games & made some great saves early on…

Wish him all the best at his new club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1695: Nov 01, 2021 07:44:16 pm
      I thought the lad did ok for us to the point where he lost the plot in the final…

And did exactly the same thing in the following pre-season game at Tranmere, think it was at that point Klopp decided we needed a better keeper.

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1696: Nov 02, 2021 01:39:46 pm
      That hardcorenonce fella is a bit much isn't he?

Karius has tried going elsewhere, no one wants him. Speaking from a goalkeepers perspective, it is probably the position that requires the most confidence and his is gone because of one horrific game in the worst game to do it. I feel for him because he was good for us that year.

YNWA LK :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1697: Nov 02, 2021 02:13:52 pm
      That hardcorenonce fella is a bit much isn't he?

Karius has tried going elsewhere, no one wants him. Speaking from a goalkeepers perspective, it is probably the position that requires the most confidence and his is gone because of one horrific game in the worst game to do it. I feel for him because he was good for us that year.

YNWA LK :)

Your opinion of other posters is irrelevant in the context of the manager’s decisions and the best results for LFC.

Wish the lad well of course in any future enterprise.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #1698: May 15, 2022 02:23:43 pm
      :D f*ck him off indeed, still haven't forgotten his calamitous mistakes >:D

Indeed, it's great we have two much better keepers now. 

I will say one thing though, getting hit in the head, as I know from personal experience, can cause very significant problems.  So I believe Ramos has an awful lot to answer for.  A very bad man...

I wish Karius well.   YNWA    Onwards...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1699: Jun 23, 2022 01:51:49 am
      Didn’t realise his contract had expired. Kind of went under the radar given Origi was also leaving. Wish him all the best.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: Loris Karius (End of Contract)
      Reply #1700: Sep 08, 2022 05:50:30 pm
      Rumoured to be on his way to Newcastle.
      Not a bad move for him, even though he probably won't get to play very often...
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Loris Karius (End of Contract)
      Reply #1701: Sep 12, 2022 08:18:58 pm
      Rumoured to be on his way to Newcastle.
      Not a bad move for him, even though he probably won't get to play very often...

Deal complete, but only until January while the backup recovers from injury. Career basically over.

Quick Reply