Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Read 55324 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Sadio Mane (Southampton)
      May 26, 2016 10:36:39 pm
      https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/735947402402619393

Liverpool set for next Southampton swoop after Gotze snub: Man United also eyeing £25m ace

LIVERPOOL have lined up a move for Sadio Mane in another raid on Southampton after their hopes of recruiting Mario Gotze receded.

By Paul Joyce
      PUBLISHED: 22:30, Thu, May 26, 2016

Sadio Mane finished as Southampton's joint-top scorer in the Premier League this term with 11 goals

The Anfield club are ready to rival Manchester United and Tottenham in the chase for the Senegal attacker, who is rated at around £25m.

It would be the fifth time they have looked to St Mary's for reinforcements in the last two years having previously signed Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Rickie Lambert
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2016 11:20:12 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Re: Sadio Mane - Southampton
      Reply #1: May 26, 2016 10:40:24 pm
      I know he's another Southampton player so he'll probably be overpriced (and not that fancied on here!) but he really would suit us perfectly.

Quick, likes to take on a man and scores goals.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2: May 26, 2016 10:43:35 pm
      Really like him.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: May 26, 2016 10:46:11 pm
      I'm sick of seeing the word "Southampton" when it comes to silly season :D. Genuinely, how far do we expect to get with half a team of ex-Southampton players? Not saying he's not a good player because I think he's really good a majority of the time.

A couple of seasons ago I remember watching Salzburg a lot in the Europa League and they had what seemed like a very good attacking trio in Kampl, Mane and Soriano. Mane stood out through his pace and ability to get into great attacking positions. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: May 26, 2016 10:48:42 pm
      If this goes through it probably would have been cheaper to just buy their club.

Lovren £20m
      Lallana £25m
      Lambert £4m
      Sane £25m
      Clyne £12.5m

£86.5m

Ok not quite but it's getting a bit ridiculous to say the least.

One of the few players I've seen get a 10 rating on whoscored and is actually a player I think is decent, interesting.

Didn't realise he scored so many last season, 16 goals in 2608 mins (pretty much 29 games), impressive that to be honest.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5: May 26, 2016 10:51:23 pm
      If we can get past the fact he is a Saints player he is actually a very good footballer,  just look at his output and would give our attack something we sorely miss - pace.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: May 26, 2016 10:52:27 pm
      If we can get past the fact he is a Saints player he is actually a very good footballer,  just look at his output and would give our attack something we sorely miss - pace.

Yeah, I'm actually quickly coming round to the idea, did not realise he was as productive as you say.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/657613/Liverpool-Rejected-Transfer-Deal-Sadio-Mane-Red-Bull-Salzburg-Southampton

*cough*
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: May 26, 2016 10:54:57 pm
      Show me the Mane!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #8: May 26, 2016 10:56:33 pm
      Blows hot and cold for me, too inconsistent.

Scores a brace or even a hat trick every now and then and then does nothing worthy of note for 3, 4 games.

We can get better and certainly for that sort of money.

So no thanks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: May 26, 2016 10:57:07 pm
      Blows hot and cold for me, too inconsistent.

Scores a brace or even a hat trick every now and then and then does nothing worthy of note for 3, 4 games.

Would fit right in then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #10: May 26, 2016 10:59:20 pm

Looks like Klopp is either trying to force Gotze into making a decision or decided on his plan B which most of us have been wanting...........a pacy goal scoring winger.

Mane might not be every ones cup of tea but he is the type of player we have been crying out for.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2016 11:00:59 pm
      Looks like Klopp is either trying to force Gotze into making a decision or decided on his plan B which most of us have been wanting...........a pacy goal scoring winger.

Mane might not be every ones cup of tea but he is the type of player we have been crying out for.

Think the really important thing is that there is a plan B....We all know he wants to get the players in and get to work so it's refreshing to see that we will not take a "wait and see" approach all Summer.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: May 26, 2016 11:01:16 pm
      The one problem with him though is he can be very frustrating to watch and inconsistent. Thanks to a run of 8 goals in 8 games at the end of last season his numbers got boosted from 3 league goals to 11. Obviously it doesn't matter when they're scored but a 20-21 game gap between goals isn't great.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13: May 26, 2016 11:05:44 pm
      Unbe-F***ing-lievable. From World Class, World Cup winner, to another squad player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #14: May 26, 2016 11:08:07 pm
      Times reporting Ibe may be used as a bargaining chip.

https://twitter.com/xxx/status/735954776928702465
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15: May 26, 2016 11:12:21 pm
      Unbe-f**king-lievable. From World Class, World Cup winner, to another squad player.

Trust the manager.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: May 26, 2016 11:13:46 pm

Let's hope we inflate the price of Ibe in the deal like they've done with us numerous times. £10-15m+ Ibe :D
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #17: May 26, 2016 11:14:31 pm
      Another bang average, overpriced, inconsistent player. I'll be deeply concerned if any reliable journo picks this up.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18: May 26, 2016 11:15:20 pm
      Think the really important thing is that there is a plan B....We all know he wants to get the players in and get to work so it's refreshing to see that we will not take a "wait and see" approach all Summer.

Why does Plan B always have to be Southampton? Besides, this isn't Plan B, you don't go from Plan A being a World Cup winner to Plan B being a player who blows hot and cold and has no real experience. That's plan Z. Last f**king resort territory. We're full of inexperienced players who go missing when they're most needed. League Title in 13/14,  two domestic cup semis in 14/15, two more Cup final defeats this season. When are we going to stop trying to do stuff on the cheap and buy what's needed to actually win these things? It's Sanchez to Balotelli all over again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: May 26, 2016 11:17:12 pm
      Another bang average, overpriced, inconsistent player. I'll be deeply concerned if any reliable journo picks this up.

Paul Joyce is as reliable as they come bud.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: May 26, 2016 11:17:16 pm
      This gave me a laugh:

John O Sullivan ‏@Corballyred  1m1 minute ago
      I'll eat my own sh*t if Klopp was offered the chance to sign anyone for an attacking position and he said go get me Sadio Mane

Fair to say some people are not impressed with this link then

:couch:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #21: May 26, 2016 11:19:40 pm
      This seems like a scenario of Jürgen turning to the TC after the snub from Gotze and our useless scouts can only come up with a Southampton player   :lmao:

Those saying he is inconsistent have a fair point but what does that make Coutinho who we all think is our best player  :o
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: May 26, 2016 11:20:17 pm
      This gave me a laugh:

John O Sullivan ‏@Corballyred  1m1 minute ago
      I'll eat my own sh*t if Klopp was offered the chance to sign anyone for an attacking position and he said go get me Sadio Mane

Fair to say some people are not impressed with this link then

:couch:

It's a fair point he's making :D. I'm one of those unimpressed people unfortunately. How do you go from Gotze to Mane? Not only are they on different planets talent wise but they have completely different styles.

Quick Reply