Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Read 55346 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Southampton)
      Reply #575: Jun 27, 2016 03:48:57 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #576: Jun 27, 2016 03:51:32 pm
      Go to Redcafe then, I sure they would love to bask in that delusion that a 27 year old with one year on contract is worth 28m. Mane is 24.

throw in the fact his agent is an absolute tw*t as well.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #577: Jun 27, 2016 03:53:48 pm
      true obviously can't be for any other reason as there not in the champions league

Adam, your agent called and needs you to return his messages; also your cat passed as a result of the injury when you let the bottle of milk fall through your hands.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #578: Jun 27, 2016 03:54:17 pm

With any luck he will be crap and we won't have to pay the add-ons :)
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #579: Jun 27, 2016 04:04:19 pm
      But if we keep making these type of signings we will never progress?

When will the club and our fans learn that overspending on average premiership players from average premiership clubs will only result in us finishing in an average premiership position?

I hope I'm wrong and as ever slates will be wiped clean and I'll judge him only on how he performs in a red shirt. I'll be lying if I said I was jumping for joy about this though and unfortunately I predict another poor signing made by the club.

Perhaps look at it from another perspective in that going to a "bigger and better" team will raise the lad further still, instead of supplying us with usual pessimism.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,602 posts | 3914 
      Reply #580: Jun 27, 2016 04:08:25 pm
      This guy is obviously very talented and I trust Klopp big time. Happy with this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #581: Jun 27, 2016 04:14:31 pm
      Despite any misgivings that people may have about this  signing....it does seem we are at least wrapping this one up pretty quickly. Ooops...did I just jinx it? :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #582: Jun 27, 2016 04:15:18 pm
      This lads got daft expectations on his shoulders alright. Just a kid and straight from a cr@p league, you'd think he was Tony Kroos the way people talk about him. He'll do well to get more than a handful of starts next season IMHO.

Slaven Bilic was bigging him up last week when talking about the Croatian League/Football after their victory against Spain. And yeah I know he's Serbian ;)

34 mil for mane YEAH right United are getting mkhitarian cheaper

Yeah but we got about three or four players already that play in the same position as what'shisname, we're going for Mane cos we need someone a bit different.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #583: Jun 27, 2016 04:20:30 pm
      I see Mane as a straight replacement for Sterling. We got £50million for Sterling, so Mane + £20millionish is not too bad a swop. Get Gotze with that £20million and we are looking pretty good ?

good point with Sterlings money we can buy 2 or 3 Sterlings .
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #584: Jun 27, 2016 04:28:33 pm
      Carra on Twitter saying the transfer fee is £30m
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #585: Jun 27, 2016 04:33:59 pm
      Is he really an upgrade on Henderson? I'm not so sure.

i think he is, and he is younger so he will build into a much better player with years to come

There's only one way to settle it...FIGHT.

Or... or... just wait to see who Jürgen picks and starts [unless you believe that Jürgen 1: doesn't pick players on merit or 2: Jürgen purposely picks players who aren't good enough... whilst, all the while still trusting him , of course  ;) :laugh:]
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #586: Jun 27, 2016 04:35:17 pm
      good point with Sterlings money we can buy 2 or 3 Sterlings .
      If we hadn't already spent it on 1 Benteke, of course.

£35.2m... that's what we got for Sterling. QPR got £8.8m and the other £6.5m we get if he wins the Champions League with City.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #587: Jun 27, 2016 04:56:11 pm

Perhaps look at it from another perspective in that going to a "bigger and better" team will raise the lad further still, instead of supplying us with usual pessimism.

To be honest mate, I'd prefer people call it as they see it. And though I place a LOT of trust in Jürgen's judgement, nobody else is beating down his door to pay 30mill+.  We've pumped a lot of cash into Southampton's coffers already with mixed results, so don't expect everyone to auto-fall into happy-clappy mode.
      Obviously we WANT this guy to be excellent but feel a bit like Bart here...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pxG4yd8U3U
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #588: Jun 27, 2016 05:03:17 pm
      had my doubts about mane for 34m. doesnt matter now. looks like we are going to sign him. So i wish all the best to the lad. hope he does well.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #589: Jun 27, 2016 05:34:33 pm
      This guy is obviously very talented and I trust Klopp big time. Happy with this.

Pearce reveals Klopp didn't think that Teixeira was worth the money but believes Mane is!

In Jürgen We Trust!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #590: Jun 27, 2016 05:45:24 pm
      Slaven Bilic was bigging him up last week when talking about the Croatian League/Football after their victory against Spain. And yeah I know he's Serbian ;)

Yeah but we got about three or four players already that play in the same position as what'shisname, we're going for Mane cos we need someone a bit different.

No we went for Mane cos his name will fit on the shirt!

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #591: Jun 27, 2016 05:53:54 pm
      By the way...we'll likely be without him for most or all of January as he'll be playing in the ACON.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1478 
      Reply #592: Jun 27, 2016 06:32:44 pm
      At least we're still showing ambition to pay for players. Remember we have no European football. One if the ways to land players is to pay for it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #593: Jun 27, 2016 07:14:19 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #594: Jun 27, 2016 07:27:18 pm
      How about we stop concerning ourselves with who the Mancs are signing and concentrate on the signings we make? Fee is irrelevant because at the end of the day they both have the same 2 options that will happen following their transfers; Succeed or flop, just because Mkhitaryan has a bigger reputation doesn't mean he is more likely to succeed. Also those who are so concerned about it, I don't remember seeing many, if any talk of people wanting us to sign him over the last couple of seasons since we missed out on him, including this summer.

I don't condone the fee we have paid for him but I'm sure as hell not going to right him off already.

United will be playing the same way as they have been which won't be to the strengths of Mkhitaryan. They are welcome to him, Klopp obviously doesn't think he is worth the money now or he would have gone after him.

Have some faith in our signings! It's hardly like we are signing a Balotelli now is it?!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #595: Jun 27, 2016 07:44:07 pm

The number on training shorts tends to mean nothing mate, if that's what the image is meant to be suggesting?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #596: Jun 27, 2016 08:00:56 pm
      This guy is good.

Very good.

Believe.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #597: Jun 27, 2016 08:52:07 pm
      The number on training shorts tends to mean nothing mate, if that's what the image is meant to be suggesting?

The image is suggesting that but I posted it because it gives more proof that Mane is our player.

Quick Reply