Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Read 55362 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Sadio Mane - Southampton
      Reply #69: May 26, 2016 11:49:14 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago
      The lack of commitment from Mario Götze to making a move to Merseyside has been duly noted by Liverpool. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  3m3 minutes ago
      However with United & Tottenham also keen on Mané it would require all Klopp’s powers of persuasion to lure him to Anfield. (Chris Bascombe)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  4m4 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp is a huge admirer of  Sadio Mané, who excelled in both fixtures against the Merseyside club last season. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

So are we flirting with someone else to get the attention of Mario or are we truly moving on, I think it's the latter. Drinkwater and Mane now that would really put the cat among the pigeons. :lmao:

He was probably scouting the kid at BvB when he was playing at Salzburg
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #70: May 26, 2016 11:50:37 pm
      I blame it on spending so many years with my girlfriend. She was bound to rub off on me one day.

For context she once asked me why we couldn't go up in a helicopter, hover and wait for Australia to come to us.

No sh*t.

:lmao:

I would have loved to see your reaction to that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #71: May 26, 2016 11:51:39 pm
      I blame it on spending so many years with my girlfriend. She was bound to rub off on me one day.

For context she once asked me why we couldn't go up in a helicopter, hover and wait for Australia to come to us.

No sh*t.

:lmao:!!!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #72: May 26, 2016 11:51:55 pm

I would have loved to see your reaction to that.

I wasn't surprised. Could write a book on the things she's come out with.
      Kopite78
      Reply #73: May 26, 2016 11:52:03 pm

No sh*t.

I'm not sure if that's madness or genius though mate
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #74: May 26, 2016 11:52:36 pm
      I wasn't surprised. Could write a book on the things she's come out with.

I will happily buy a copy mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #75: May 26, 2016 11:53:01 pm
      Agreed Si, to me it looks like one of the options we were all saying we simply didn't have this season. Although if the lads who claim he's just too inconsistent are true then it's less of a plus. That pace and an end product, I thought that's a recipe quite a few of us were suggesting we go out and buy.

Apparently there's strong interest from Spurs and the Scum too.

I think with a player like Mane you are always going to get a level of inconsistency.

As someone else said on here Phil, who many label our best player, could easily have the same said about him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #76: May 26, 2016 11:54:17 pm
      I think with a player like Mane you are always going to get a level of inconsistency.

As someone else said on here Phil, who many label our best player, could easily have the same said about him.

Agree with that to be fair mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #77: May 26, 2016 11:56:59 pm

I always fancy Jürgen to improve a player, Lallana being a good example, so imagine Mane with Klopp and playing with better players at our club.

I'd like to see how that went.

I'm also one who has a feeling being a bit more direct is a good thing in this league and again Mane fits that bill.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #78: May 26, 2016 11:57:08 pm

That is one of the things that Jürgen is supposedly good at teaching consistency, tenacity and bringing the best out of players right?

If he signs off on him then its good enough for me.

If I can't trust this gaffers judgement I might as well just quit now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #79: May 26, 2016 11:57:31 pm
      I think though that some may see it as one cost £8m, the other will cost anywhere up to £30m. Not saying that's how it is but it wouldn't surprise me.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #80: May 26, 2016 11:58:28 pm
      I think though that some may see it as one cost £8m, the other will cost anywhere up to £30m. Not saying that's how it is but it wouldn't surprise me.

I couldn't care less myself mate.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #81: May 26, 2016 11:59:28 pm
      I couldn't care less myself mate.

Not my money...as long as he is getting who he wants.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #82: May 27, 2016 12:00:34 am
      I will happily buy a copy mate.

Sorry about this but I'm going to go way off topic here for one more post.

2002. England's opening World Cup game in South Korea. Think it was 10.30 am (our time) kick off on a Sunday morning. If memory serves me right Sol Campbell scored with a header.

Anyway, early that morning we're travelling to Abersoch, she's driving and I've got the intent to watch the game in a pub in Pwllheli. She's driving and aware that I'm constantly mentioning the speed we're going in relation to me making the kick off whilst also having text conversations with a few of my mates who are actually in Thailand.

And then it came to her:

"Well if the lads are so many hours ahead of us why don't you just ask them what the score was."

:D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #83: May 27, 2016 12:01:27 am
      That is one of the things that Jürgen is supposedly good at teaching consistency, tenacity and bringing the best out of players right?

If he signs off on him then its good enough for me.

If I can't trust this gaffers judgement I might as well just quit now.

Agreed.

Depending if we could work Ibe into the deal it might not cost as much as seems to be suggested. Surely we get £7m - £10m for Ibe and if you offered me the upgrade to Mane for £10m-£15m I think that's something I'd be pleased with.

I always fancy Jürgen to improve a player, Lallana being a good example, so imagine Mane with Klopp and playing with better players at our club.

I'd like to see how that went.

I'm also one who has a feeling being a bit more direct is a good thing in this league and again Mane fits that bill.

Certainly would give us much more flexibility in formation choices and style Si. Interesting to see which way this one goes, as AZ says if Jürgen could coach the consistency into him then looking at some of his performances it looks like he can, on his day, be a match winner. Something we don't have enough of that's for sure.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #84: May 27, 2016 12:01:42 am
      Not my money...as long as he is getting who he wants.

Yep.

Also I tend to forget how much when spent on a player once they've arrived here.

Mcarz just reminded me that we only spent £8M on Phil.

Doesn't change his brilliance or his inconsistency at times.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #85: May 27, 2016 12:05:08 am
      Sorry about this but I'm going to go way off topic here for one more post.

2002. England's opening World Cup game in South Korea. Think it was 10.30 am (our time) kick off on a Sunday morning. If memory serves me right Sol Campbell scored with a header.

Anyway, early that morning we're travelling to Abersoch, she's driving and I've got the intent to watch the game in a pub in Pwhelli. She's driving and aware that I'm constantly mentioning the speed we're going in relation to me making the kick off whilst also having text conversations with a few of my mates who are actually in Thailand.

And then it came to her:

"Well if the lads are so many hours ahead of us why don't you just ask them what the score was."

:D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #86: May 27, 2016 12:06:14 am
      Seen Mane tear the arse out of us a couple of times now, if we can get him, he'll do for me!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: May 27, 2016 12:18:17 am
      Seen Mane tear the arse out of us a couple of times now, if we can get him, he'll do for me!

He can be room mates with Benteke on away days and they can discuss all the times they tore us a new one :D I genuinely don't think Man United will be involved in this transfer. I know they've had reported interest in Mane for a season or so but he doesn't come across as a Mourinho signing. I think it could come down to us or Spurs.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #88: May 27, 2016 12:41:05 am
      While Gotze is undoubtedly a better player than Mane, I actually think Mane would be a better fit considering the players we already have.  Coutinho, Lallana, and Firmino can all play out wide, but all are more comfortable cutting inside and/or playing through the middle.  Mane is a genuine wide player with a particular attribute that the others lack -- searing pace.  On top of that he has good productivity (14 goals and 6 assists in 33 starts and 7 sub appearances in all competitions), a work rate that suits the manager's high pressing style, and he is already acclimated to life in the Prem.  He may not be world class, but we could do a lot worse if I'm honest....

Edit:  If this goes through then it will probably be a good indication that Markovic's days are numbered.  Also, if we can fetch a decent fee for both Ibe and Markovic (maybe 7M - 12M a piece) then we will be close to the 25M needed to sign Mane.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2016 12:57:40 am by harrydunn08 »
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #89: May 27, 2016 12:55:40 am

I think you've got it backwards mate..... That, or there was something she wasn't telling you....  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #90: May 27, 2016 01:00:49 am

Just look at how many of those goals were against us...  :f_doh:
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #91: May 27, 2016 01:11:44 am
      not good enough

no where near it

would be gutted if klopp followed previous managers mistakes.

Quick Reply