Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Philippe Coutinho (PSG)

Read 27908 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (PSG)
      Reply #23: Jun 02, 2016 10:04:00 pm
      I can't see Coutinho going to PSG, I think his dream is to eventually move to Barca.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #24: Jun 02, 2016 11:56:48 pm
      How many times have they sold a player that didn't want to leave already?

R-e-l-a-x

It doesn't really matter we still sell em anyway. What bothers me more U.S. That they'd want to leave in the first place. It'll take me a long time to reconcile myself with the fact we are now a selling club.

I'm relaxed,  kinda figured there would be a strong chance we'd lose Coutinho had we missed out on Champions League, in truth he really should be playing at that level.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Jun 03, 2016 12:06:37 am
      I'm relaxed,  kinda figured there would be a strong chance we'd lose Coutinho had we missed out on Champions League, in truth he really should be playing at that level.

And in truth, he should be on higher wages. What is he on, 65k a week?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #26: Jun 03, 2016 12:23:32 am
      I can't see Coutinho going to PSG, I think his dream is to eventually move to Barca.
      Think he will hold out for Barca, but when they come calling it's " Bye Bye Phil"
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #27: Jun 03, 2016 12:24:27 am

I think he signed 75k a week five years contract last year.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #28: Jun 03, 2016 12:50:47 am
      Think he will hold out for Barca, but when they come calling it's " Bye Bye Phil"

And probably for 20% - 30% less than we could get from PSG....

Coutinho has been my favorite player for a few seasons now, but he isn't un-sellable nor is he irreplaceable.  Furthermore, I don't think he is the ideal player for a Klopp team.  He is great with the ball at his feet, but the manager (by his own admission) prefers to play without the ball. 

I personally prefer the Barca method of dominating the ball and using possession for both attack and defense.  However, we need to trust the manager and allow him to buy/sell the players he wants so that he can properly implement his philosophy.  That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if Philippe is sacrificed for the greater good....
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #29: Jun 03, 2016 02:10:36 am
      Coutinho is one of our most important players and we just brought in a fellow young highly talented Brasillian so why would we sell one now just for money? have we no concept of building a team anymore? we would only buy younger players we'll have to build up next season and we'll lose an important first team player. doesn't make sense. the money of the Arabs blinds both eyes of the Liverpool fans every window!

Just how do our transfers look like  badly drswn out affairs snd yet other tezms just seem to go bish bang bosh and its done ,

because you don't look out for other clubs transfer news daily so you don't realise they all have that too. but it's all just dependent on how much you're willing to believe made up stories.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30: Jun 03, 2016 03:01:50 am

Taw fellas said he was on 100k/week on the podcast today.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #31: Jun 03, 2016 03:06:46 am
      Coutinho is one of our most important players..... so why would we sell now? have we no concept of building a team anymore? we'll lose an important first team player. doesn't make sense.

It makes sense IF Klopp doesn't see Coutinho as a good fit for the team he is trying to build.  It makes sense IF Klopp thinks he can use the money from selling Coutinho (or anyone else for that matter) to build a better team that is more capable of winning titles and trophies. 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #32: Jun 03, 2016 05:52:42 am
      Mane replacing Coutinho on that left hand side?! No thanks!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #33: Jun 03, 2016 06:10:56 am
      It makes sense IF Klopp doesn't see Coutinho as a good fit for the team he is trying to build.  It makes sense IF Klopp thinks he can use the money from selling Coutinho (or anyone else for that matter) to build a better team that is more capable of winning titles and trophies. 

but he wouldn't have come here if he didn't think coutinho was a good fit for the team. coutinho is one of a few players every person who knows about this subject in the world would would say klopp would've wanted to work with. nobody would've left him out. if there was any inkling in his head of "hey i could sell this kid for mega money and get some better dudes" his name wouldn't be Jürgen klopp. he's here because he loves the club and the young players we have - remember, he said he feels he rates the team much higher than most fans and most people. he said that when he got here. klopp has much more faith in this football club than the supporter base. klopp has come from dortmund who have been top of the world in terms of love and support for their club. not a single one of their coaches or peoples or fans would have ever thought sh*t like "hey let's sell lewandowski and get someone better to challenge for a title" that is just FIFA 16 talk. real men don't think like that, football coaches don't think like that. coaches know teams work for each other and how are you supposed to build a team if you're selling precious people that make it up? coutinho isn't just a brasillian attacking midfielder, he's a boy we've been watching since he had big curly hair, he's OUR young brasillian attacking midfielder, i mean i know people think football is just money and soulless transfers now but do you actually let that dominate the way you think? or do you still like some of our players and want to see them grow and succeed together? i hope some people still think like this.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #34: Jun 03, 2016 06:21:17 am

Taw fellas said he was on 100k/week on the podcast today.

I love the Anfield Wrap, but they often get things like wages and ages wrong, not that it really matters. In their transfer show they had Milner on high wages and Benteke down on super high wages, despite most places reporting that Milner is on more than Benteke. Most reports have said 70k for Coutinho.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #35: Jun 03, 2016 07:07:07 am
      I love the Anfield Wrap, but they often get things like wages and ages wrong, not that it really matters. In their transfer show they had Milner on high wages and Benteke down on super high wages, despite most places reporting that Milner is on more than Benteke. Most reports have said 70k for Coutinho.

A quick search on the internet
      and found a list of Liverpool players wages for season 2014/15(don't know if exact)
      Phillippe is on 75k x wk
      and to be honest was surprised the the highest paid is Benteke @ 140k x wk

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/liverpool-player-salaries/

I am sure ,if its true that PSG are in for Coutinho ,he will be offered at least double he is earning now , which will surely sees the player want the move
      YNWA

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #36: Jun 03, 2016 09:16:49 am
      Where does this holding out for Barca/wanting to go to Barca come from?? Has he actually said something that I've missed or are people just making things up?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Jun 03, 2016 09:41:51 am
      Assuming this is smoke getting blown up where the sun don't shine.
      We loose Cou in the summer, may as well pack up and go home.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #38: Jun 03, 2016 10:05:16 am
      Missed out on our top two attacking targets and now one of our best players is being linked with a move away. Brilliant start to the window this.

Got to keep Phil and start holding on to our best players, although it wouldn't surprise me if CL football and 200k/week turned his head.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Jun 03, 2016 10:06:13 am
      Tv money this window means we shouldn't be looking at selling our better players, ship on those who've struggled to force their way in to starting XI, Skrtel, Benteke etc and build around our better players.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #40: Jun 03, 2016 10:27:36 am
      No Gotze, no Dahoud and now stories of Coutinho going.

We should not be selling him at all this summer, our record of selling our best players and failing to replace them is terrifying.

If he demands to go I'd want a minimum of 50m but I'm F***ing sick of signing second class players and letting top class ones go.

That is the reason we keep finishing midtable.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #41: Jun 03, 2016 10:31:14 am
      After the EL final, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold. Great player when on song, but too inconsistent currently.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #42: Jun 03, 2016 10:33:54 am
      I guess playing for PSG, is like playing a Computer game with all the cheat codes available, whilst being paid well for the 'effort'.

Said it before, if HE wants to go, put a transfer request in, but he has not indicated anything like this, so this should be a dead end request.

It really pisses me off when the mega rich clubs with no competition in their domestic leagues come calling. they are like a virus.

If PSG want him, they can shout as much as they want, but with out PC & FSG wanting a move they can swivel.

I expect the Spanish duo to be sniffing too.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Jun 03, 2016 10:35:31 am
      This is where we find out just how loyal he is to us, done a fair bit of talking about how he wants to be at Liverpool so let's see.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #44: Jun 03, 2016 10:37:19 am
      I get the strong impression that we don't defend our best players from these type of raids in the same way other big clubs do.

Comparatively low wages are as good as a come and get me sign in these days where money is apparently almost everything.

Obviously if we were a little more successful with cups and trophies it would help, but until that time I think we should be defending our best players vigorously. Straight refusal to any offers, thereby showing our best players how much we value them, may give them a little more leverage at wage negotiations but better that than seeing one leave every season.

The way the mancs for example held off Madrid over De gea is something we probably wouldn't or couldn't do.

You don't (or shouldn't ) sell your best players, and Coutinho is imo not only our best player but one who's sale might be the final straw showing that we are no longer a "big club".     
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Jun 03, 2016 10:44:41 am
      We've just won the lottery in terms of TV money.

We'll be playing one game a week for a big part of the season.

Would be ridiculous to sell one of our most productive players.

Thanks but no Thanks.

Quick Reply