Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Philippe Coutinho (PSG)

Read 27923 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (PSG)
      Reply #230: Jun 13, 2016 11:45:50 am
      James Pearce from the Echo running with the story of Phil reaffirming his commitment to Liverpool.

Can we all settle the f**k down now? :D

Yeah but what if Barca came in at the 11th hour and offered silly money like £80m, I think JWH would get a massive hard-on and be very tempted, he'll believe we will still achieve CL footy next season without Cou on the premise Jürgen can have all of the money from the sale next summer,

But then as much as I would love Linda to sit on my face, it ain't gonna happen   >:(

YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #231: Jun 13, 2016 11:47:51 am
      Keep on saying it but we don't need the money, TV deal, we're cash rich.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      Reply #232: Jun 13, 2016 11:54:08 am
      James Pearce from the Echo running with the story of Phil reaffirming his commitment to Liverpool.

Can we all settle the f**k down now? :D

Yeah but what if Barca came in at the 11th hour and offered silly money like £80m, I think JWH would get a massive hard-on and be very tempted, he'll believe we will still achieve CL footy next season without Cou on the premise Jürgen can have all of the money from the sale next summer,

But then as much as I would love Linda to sit on my face, it ain't gonna happen
      Keep on saying it but we don't need the money, TV deal, we're cash rich.

Perhaps not mate, but can't see JWH saying that tho?

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #233: Jun 13, 2016 11:54:57 am

But then as much as I would love Linda to sit on my face, it ain't gonna happen   >:(

YNWA

Who, apart from a select few, would get £80m bids rejected though?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #234: Jun 13, 2016 12:10:42 pm
      new contract time with £100mil buy out clause
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #235: Jun 13, 2016 12:18:40 pm
      new contract time with £100mil buy out clause

Neymar Jr has a buyout clause reportedly around 153m. Is Coutinho not as important to us, as Neymar is to Barcelona? I'd put in a similar clause to that. That way, to get their man will take considerable dedication. And money...

Kopite78
      Reply #236: Jun 13, 2016 12:43:16 pm
      Neymar Jr has a buyout clause reportedly around 153m. Is Coutinho not as important to us, as Neymar is to Barcelona? I'd put in a similar clause to that. That way, to get their man will take considerable dedication. And money...

Problem being is that the player (and his agent) have to agree to the clause stipulation in the contract and I'd doubt whether they would agree to one of such a high buy out

I didn't think he would leave this summer, but I would get a new deal in front of him to show him that he is that important to us by paying him in line with that importance and the highest earners at the club

New 5 year deal, 120k

If we are as successful as we hope to be in the next 1-3 years everything will be fine
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #237: Jun 13, 2016 12:51:56 pm
      Quote from MarkMitt .link=topic=48815.msg1943200#msg1943200 date=1465816720

neymar also makes barca a lot of money through commercial things such as merchandising etc, a value of a player isn't always just on the pitch.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #238: Jun 13, 2016 12:52:57 pm
      Problem being is that the player (and his agent) have to agree to the clause stipulation in the contract and I'd doubt whether they would agree to one of such a high buy out

I didn't think he would leave this summer, but I would get a new deal in front of him to show him that he is that important to us by paying him in line with that importance and the highest earners at the club

New 5 year deal, 120k

If we are as successful as we hope to be in the next 1-3 years everything will be fine

If Studge, Milner and Big Ben are on 140k + p/w, then what is the argument against Phil joining that bracket?

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #239: Jun 13, 2016 12:56:29 pm

New 5 year deal, 120k

3 years is personally too long for me. I've dreamt of us reclaiming the league title for far too many years now. It's always maybe next year. After 26 years, maybe next year has worn a bit thin.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #240: Jun 13, 2016 12:56:31 pm
      If Studge, Milner and Big Ben are on 140k + p/w, then what is the argument against Phil joining that bracket?

would be very surprised if the club weren't looking at an improved contract
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #241: Jun 13, 2016 01:03:42 pm
      Barca are skint folks so unless they actually sell Neymar, he's staying.

He does need an improved contract though.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      Reply #242: Jun 13, 2016 01:09:10 pm
      Who, apart from a select few, would get £80m bids rejected though?

True enough mate but we would lose one of our best players and I think we all agree selling /losing your best players isn't going to allow us to sustain a genuine title challenge, we will be forever in rebuild mode,
      JWH doesn't think like we do, he only sees dollar signs!!

YNWA
      Kopite78
      Reply #243: Jun 13, 2016 01:14:12 pm

As I said mate I'd get a new deal in front of him this summer and get his pay in line with the top earners at the club

No argument against it from me

3 years is personally too long for me. I've dreamt of us reclaiming the league title for far too many years now. It's always maybe next year. After 26 years, maybe next year has worn a bit thin.

I agree wholeheartedly mate

I go into every season with that as the target

All I said/meant was if we hand him a new 5 years deal and we are progressing as we would hope over the next 1-3 years (that could be the title next season, but I meant that we are competitive and where top players want to be in that time then the next time he needs a renewal it will be fine)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #244: Jun 13, 2016 01:23:32 pm

They've been skint for a while Debs but if they want a player then they will get that player. Look at the money they managed to raise for Suarez and even the likes of Turan and Ter Stegen etc. They were even meant to be skint when they paid 50odd mill or whatever it was for Neymar.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #245: Jun 13, 2016 01:27:54 pm
      I am not actually his biggest fan but he is young and is improving all the time next season and the one after this will see him develop into a world class player.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #246: Jun 13, 2016 01:28:19 pm

what about a swap for that Luis fella.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #247: Jun 13, 2016 01:46:10 pm
      They've been skint for a while Debs but if they want a player then they will get that player. Look at the money they managed to raise for Suarez and even the likes of Turan and Ter Stegen etc. They were even meant to be skint when they paid 50odd mill or whatever it was for Neymar.

They had to sell Sanchez to get him though mate, who are they going to sell to get Phil? 

They need to replace Masch, Alves, Iniesta and Xavi who have all left or retired, they have to spend on other areas of the pitch before looking at the attack.

There's also no guarantee that Messi and Neymar will survive the recent fraud charges, seems to me that Real have really had enough of their dominance and are going all out to destroy them once and for all. 

The government can't bail them out this time either, they're in a very precarious and vulnerable position at the moment.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #248: Jun 13, 2016 01:46:55 pm

He'd be wasted out on the left mate  :P
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #249: Jun 13, 2016 01:51:52 pm

I know you said that tongue in cheek, but I bet Messi would love to be the best player at his club again so he'd probably get behind that deal, I say make the call!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #250: Jun 13, 2016 01:58:31 pm
      I know you said that tongue in cheek, but I bet Messi would love to be the best player at his club again so he'd probably get behind that deal, I say make the call!

You really think Messi cares that much about who is the seen as the main man?

Wait, I think I just answered my own question. I'm pretty sure Luis doesn't see it that way. He just loves to play. Never mind the soap opera of the Ballon D'or. Although by rights, he SHOULD'VE won it already...

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #251: Jun 13, 2016 04:55:53 pm
      They had to sell Sanchez to get him though mate, who are they going to sell to get Phil? 

They need to replace Masch, Alves, Iniesta and Xavi who have all left or retired, they have to spend on other areas of the pitch before looking at the attack.

There's also no guarantee that Messi and Neymar will survive the recent fraud charges, seems to me that Real have really had enough of their dominance and are going all out to destroy them once and for all. 

The government can't bail them out this time either, they're in a very precarious and vulnerable position at the moment.

They only got something like 27mill for Sanchez didn't they? Wasn't much in contrast to what they were spending that summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #252: Jun 13, 2016 11:15:22 pm
      You really think Messi cares that much about who is the seen as the main man?

You think I really care what Messi cares about.

Quick Reply