Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Christian Benteke (Chelsea/Crystal Palace/Sunderland)

Read 69114 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Christian Benteke (Chelsea)
      Reply #138: Jul 02, 2016 02:20:43 pm
      Oh dear.

Seriously tho'; what point are you trying to make?  :laugh:

Because (unless you are thick as sh*t) - if you genuinely believe what you wrote i.e. - "Who cares how much money we spend as long as we get the right players to suit Klopps system?" then surely to f**k you can see that this also holds true for big spending too?   :confused-smiley-013:

I'm guessing English isn't your first language mate so I'll put it another way - what if Jürgen spends £400m to get the players, who suit his system (in Real Madrid fashion  ;))?

You do realise our manager is Jürgen Klopp yes?

Not Jose Mourinho, not Pep Guardiola.

Jürgen Klopp builds teams he doesn't spend hundreds of millions to assemble a team of ready made stars.

He has had big success with this approach to managing just like Simeone has had with Atletico.

If you want "big spending" it's not going to happen under Jurgens watch I'm afraid.

Clearly my point is lost on you as you don't have any understanding of our manager or how he operates.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #139: Jul 02, 2016 02:39:36 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36689057

Crystal Palace have made a £25m bid to sign Christian Benteke from Liverpool.

The 25-year old striker is at Euro 2016 with Belgium but has fallen out of favour at Liverpool since boss Jürgen Klopp took over last October.

The forward joined the Reds for £32.5m in July 2015 under former boss Brendan Rodgers and has scored 10 goals.

He has started only eight league games under Klopp and last month said: "I'd like to stay if I remain in the coach's plans. If not, it'll become difficult."

Take the money with both hands .

That takes the Mane transfer down into single figures .

We've said very clearly we want 30. He won't be going for 25. Either that, or we're just talking big and not backing it up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #140: Jul 02, 2016 03:02:15 pm
      We've said very clearly we want 30. He won't be going for 25. Either that, or we're just talking big and not backing it up.

Exactly mate.

We need to stop being made mugs of in the transfer market.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #141: Jul 02, 2016 03:17:59 pm
      You do realise our manager is Jürgen Klopp yes?
      Yeah... and you do realise that you said "Who cares how much money we spend...?"

So; do you care how much he spends - yes or no?

Jürgen Klopp builds teams he doesn't spend hundreds of millions to assemble a team of ready made stars.
      Doesn't he? In the past maybe. Setting aside the fact that he has inherited a team which already cost "hundreds of millions"....we shall see.

If you want "big spending" it's not going to happen under Jurgens watch I'm afraid.
      Again... we shall see. £34m on Mane is the Club's second highest ever transfer fee. You are right to be afraid but for the wrong reasons baz.  :laugh:

Clearly my point is lost on you as you don't have any understanding of our manager or how he operates.

What is your point; was it not "Who cares how much money we spend as long as we get the right players to suit Klopps system?"... 'cause they were your words, not mine.

As it stands the answer to your question is: you care. If you honestly didn't care then you would gladly accept that we could also spend big to assemble the right players for Jürgen's system.

Surely to F**k you're not suggesting that Jürgen would be put off by cost if he really wanted a player; that he would settle for second best (even if he had the money) just because that player was cheaper?

Personally I think you are doing the man a disservice: let's be honest here - he could have signed cheaper players than Sadio, if that was indeed his M.O. but you are entitled to your opinion mate. Time will tell.  8)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #142: Jul 02, 2016 03:21:50 pm
      Exactly mate.

We need to stop being made mugs of in the transfer market.

Hopefully the transfer committee do not make similar decisions in the future and prevent the piss taking offers. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #143: Jul 02, 2016 03:22:45 pm

Didn't 'we' say something similar about Sterling; we want £50m? Yet we ended up with £44m before deductions, £32.5m after deductions and (if sterling wins the Champions League with City) another £5m in add ons, equalling under £50m [no matter which way it's tallied]. Talking big or hoping to spark a bidding war... all Clubs do it.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #144: Jul 02, 2016 03:22:56 pm

You'll usually lowball in the first bid then slowly creep up. Could eventually end up at £28m. With or without addons.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #145: Jul 02, 2016 04:38:11 pm
      Is that an argument? Okay, I'll play - Another two words... Real Madrid.  :lmao:

Yea because a team like that consistently wins the league title eh?

Real Madrid has won only one league title in the past 8 seasons.

Ourselves and the Mancs have shat away hundreds of millions as well and neither look close to winning the league as of now.

Just get what we need and F***ing hope we win something.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #146: Jul 02, 2016 04:51:28 pm
      Yeah... and you do realise that you said "Who cares how much money we spend...?"

So; do you care how much he spends - yes or no?
      Doesn't he? In the past maybe. Setting aside the fact that he has inherited a team which already cost "hundreds of millions"....we shall see.
      Again... we shall see. £34m on Mane is the Club's second highest ever transfer fee. You are right to be afraid but for the wrong reasons baz.  :laugh:

What is your point; was it not "Who cares how much money we spend as long as we get the right players to suit Klopps system?"... 'cause they were your words, not mine.

As it stands the answer to your question is: you care. If you honestly didn't care then you would gladly accept that we could also spend big to assemble the right players for Jürgen's system.

Surely to f**k you're not suggesting that Jürgen would be put off by cost if he really wanted a player; that he would settle for second best (even if he had the money) just because that player was cheaper?

Personally I think you are doing the man a disservice: let's be honest here - he could have signed cheaper players than Sadio, if that was indeed his M.O. but you are entitled to your opinion mate. Time will tell.  8)

Wasn't Klopp put off by the cost of Teixeira last January, a player he wanted, after the offer of £26.5 million was rejected and the asking price set at £38 million?

My opinions are based on Klopps history of transfers in his previous clubs.

Mane is an exception, like Mkhitaryan was when he signed him at Dortmund for nearly £30 million.

Klopp really wanted Mane and held a keen interested in signing him at Dortmund. It just so happened his value had raised considerably after two excellent seasons at Southampton.

Put it this way, if Saints had raised their asking price for Mane to £45 million Klopp would have dropped his interest even through he really wanted him.

I know this because that's exactly what he did with Teixeira.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #147: Jul 02, 2016 07:07:00 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #148: Jul 02, 2016 09:01:59 pm
      Didn't 'we' say something similar about Sterling; we want £50m? Yet we ended up with £44m before deductions, £32.5m after deductions and (if sterling wins the Champions League with City) another £5m in add ons, equalling under £50m [no matter which way it's tallied]. Talking big or hoping to spark a bidding war... all Clubs do it.

Were we as emphatic? Don't know if we said we'd rather him sit on the bench than sell him for under the asking price. Maybe we did, and don't remember.  Thought we should've got more for the little turd, though looking at him last season, maybe we did OK in the end.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #149: Jul 02, 2016 09:07:39 pm

:) probably an ideal club for him, mid table, not as much pressure. Maybe can dispense with the mental coach and just big himself up in front of the mirror instead, do some confidence chants, maybe a few crunches.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #150: Jul 02, 2016 09:58:51 pm
      Real Madrid has won only one league title in the past 8 seasons.

Ourselves and the Mancs have shat away hundreds of millions as well and neither look close to winning the league as of now.

Just get what we need and f**king hope we win something.

I didn't say anything about Real Madrid so not sure why you are quoting me?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #151: Jul 04, 2016 03:45:07 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/crystal-palace-up-bid-christian-benteke-liverpool

Im shocked we're going to recoup the money we paid for Benteke that almost never happens with us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #152: Jul 04, 2016 03:48:28 pm

Good stuff looks like this will be done soon.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #153: Jul 04, 2016 03:49:03 pm

Just posted this in the General thread mate.  I'd take it as that's a much improved offer and meets our target of at least £30m if he comes good.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #154: Jul 04, 2016 04:20:09 pm

I'm not shocked at all, unsurprisingly. Proven strikers who score goals at one in every two full games in the Premiership are hard to come by, particularly young ones with stacks of improvement still left in them like Benteke.

I must confess I had hoped he'd be getting on a better horse than Crystal Palace before he goes into the starting stalls for the "as I said along" stakes, but if it's to be Palace then so be it. I think he'd have tore it up at Chelsea or West Ham for instance, but at Palace it'll obviously be harder are they aren't as good a side. Still, never been one for getting my excuses in early and all that old bollocks, I think Benteke is going to become a monster striker and that even for Crystal Palace, if he stays fit he'll score between 18-22 league goals next season.   
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #155: Jul 04, 2016 04:22:02 pm
      Just posted this in the General thread mate.  I'd take it as that's a much improved offer and meets our target of at least £30m if he comes good.

What the F**k do I know - apparently we've rejected the offer stating we want £35m!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #156: Jul 04, 2016 04:28:15 pm
      What the f**k do I know - apparently we've rejected the offer stating we want £35m!!

Looks like our negotiator rates him nearly as highly as me!  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #157: Jul 04, 2016 05:04:43 pm
      Hmm, not so sure palace will up their offer further tbh, they increased it by £4.5m I honestly can't see them almost doubling their increase, from our pov getting our initial investment back albeit half a million light is good business imo,
      also I didn't notice any other tending similar offers??

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #158: Jul 04, 2016 05:17:27 pm
      I wouldn't accept the 27m + add-on's as I can only imagine that they're related to qualifying for Europe, being top scorer in the league etc. If Batshuayi is worth 31.5m to them then Benteke should be worth 30m up front.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #159: Jul 04, 2016 05:17:33 pm
      Hmm, not so sure palace will up their offer further tbh, they increased it by £4.5m I honestly can't see them almost doubling their increase, from our pov getting our initial investment back albeit half a million light is good business imo,
      also I didn't notice any other tending similar offers??

YNWA

I'm sure there'll be a few Billy.  There aren't many good, young strikers around and the PL is awash with money.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #160: Jul 04, 2016 09:19:23 pm
      I'm sure there'll be a few Billy.  There aren't many good, young strikers around and the PL is awash with money.

Your probably Debs I thought maybe Rafa might have been interested for Toon after signing Gayle from Palace & Ritchie from the Cherries?

Quick Reply