Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Christian Benteke (Chelsea/Crystal Palace/Sunderland)

Read 67100 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Christian Benteke (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2016 10:40:05 am
      I agree with others I don't think we'll lose much money on Big Ben, he is a good striker just not for us or our system.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2016 10:50:22 am
      I agree with others I don't think we'll lose much money on Big Ben, he is a good striker just not for us or our system.

I think it's also to do with the extra money, EPL players prices have gone up automatically this season.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2016 07:37:25 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26: Jun 07, 2016 09:23:04 am

Agree.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #27: Jun 07, 2016 10:23:05 am
      Somebody please sign this wonderful, fantastic, 1 goal in 2 games striker from us. PLEASE.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Jun 07, 2016 11:39:39 am
      Somebody please sign this wonderful, fantastic, 1 goal in 2 games striker from us. PLEASE.

Wrong thread & Sturridge isn't for sale ;)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #29: Jun 07, 2016 04:14:43 pm
      Wrong thread & Sturridge isn't for sale ;)

So, you don't want to sell Benteke?

I don't work in sales. Perhaps, I should have worded it better.

Christian Benteke - best centre forward in PL with two 1 goal in 2 games, excellent assists too and we also give you Moreno *free of charge*.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #30: Jun 08, 2016 02:14:37 am
      Really can't understand the eagerness to let him go; he's talented and has popped up with some big goals. Needs time under the new boss and I'd say this talk is coming a year too early - if we're in June of 2017 and he's still failed to take his chance then let's talk about cutting losses. Until then lets have some patience and see what Dr. Kloppenstein can do with him.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2016 11:48:07 am
      https://twitter.com/BelgoFoot/status/740489252069376000

ā€œAt 25 years old, Iā€™m neither old nor young but itā€™s important to play,ā€ he said at Belgiumā€™s news conference ahead of Euro 2016.

ā€œI still have a contract at Liverpool and Iā€™d like to stay there, if I remain in the coachā€™s plans.

ā€œIf thatā€™s not the case, it will become difficult to stay. Iā€™ll think about if after the Euros.ā€

ā€œWhen he [Klopp] arrived, I saw that I wasnā€™t in his plans. That was frustrating because I knew that during my first season at Aston Villa he wanted me.

ā€œBut we had several discussions together. I respect and I understand his decisions.ā€
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2016 02:32:39 pm by Red John »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Jun 08, 2016 11:57:19 am
      Really can't understand the eagerness to let him go; he's talented and has popped up with some big goals. Needs time under the new boss and I'd say this talk is coming a year too early - if we're in June of 2017 and he's still failed to take his chance then let's talk about cutting losses. Until then lets have some patience and see what Dr. Kloppenstein can do with him.

what big goals, I can think of a lot of misses not to many big goals though. For whatever reason he has been utter sh*t for us so why on earth should we carry on paying his large salary on the slim chance he might come good?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #33: Jun 08, 2016 01:30:09 pm
      Something about the big man that I like but I wonder if he's really in JĆ¼rgen's plans.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34: Jun 16, 2016 10:49:43 am
      Hopefully the Chavs can do us another favour and take Benteke off us for stupid money.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35: Jun 29, 2016 03:45:43 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/29/chelsea-agree-332m-deal-with-marseille-for-michy-batshuayi/

Chelsea's capture of Batshuayi might tempt Palace into bidding for Benteke. given that our asking price is not more than Ā£25m
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: Jun 29, 2016 03:50:26 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/29/chelsea-agree-332m-deal-with-marseille-for-michy-batshuayi/

Chelsea's capture of Batshuayi might tempt Palace into bidding for Benteke. given that our asking price is not more than Ā£25m

Cant see how you can compare Batman to the lamp post!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Jun 29, 2016 03:57:24 pm

332 million deal! Nice ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38: Jun 29, 2016 03:58:18 pm
      Cant see how you can compare Batman to the lamp post!

Like how we ended up with Mario for Suarez. May be Pardew will tell the club fans, "he was the only world class striker available and we simply had to go for him"  :D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39: Jun 29, 2016 04:32:49 pm
      Benteke is definitely world class. No doubt about that. At the price we're selling, it's a no brainier buy really. Are you listening Alan?

Alan? :aaliverpool2xt1:
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #40: Jun 29, 2016 04:46:25 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Jun 29, 2016 11:11:27 pm
      Liverpool keen to cash in on Ā£32.5m flop Christian Benteke: Crystal Palace interested

LIVERPOOL aim to recoup Ā£30m for Christian Benteke with Crystal Palace poised to firm up their interest in the striker.

By PAUL JOYCE
      PUBLISHED: 22:30, Wed, Jun 29, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:37, Wed, Jun 29, 2016

Manager Alan Pardew wants the Belgium forward to boost his front line next season and believes a deal can be put together both with the player and the Anfield club.

Liverpool signed Benteke for Ā£32.5m from Aston Villa last summer and due to the current state of the transfer market, and prices elsewhere, they will hold out to recoup almost all of that fee.

Benteke will be allowed to leave by JĆ¼rgen Klopp, who overlooked him last season and signed Ā£30m Sadio Mane from Southampton on Tuesday.

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel's eight-year stay on Merseyside is also close to an end with Turkish club Fenerbahce putting the finishing touches to his Ā£5m transfer.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/684656/Liverpool-Christian-Benteke-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-News
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #42: Jun 29, 2016 11:54:08 pm
      Liverpool keen to cash in on Ā£32.5m flop Christian Benteke: Crystal Palace interested

LIVERPOOL aim to recoup Ā£30m for Christian Benteke with Crystal Palace poised to firm up their interest in the striker.

By PAUL JOYCE
      PUBLISHED: 22:30, Wed, Jun 29, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:37, Wed, Jun 29, 2016

Manager Alan Pardew wants the Belgium forward to boost his front line next season and believes a deal can be put together both with the player and the Anfield club.

Liverpool signed Benteke for Ā£32.5m from Aston Villa last summer and due to the current state of the transfer market, and prices elsewhere, they will hold out to recoup almost all of that fee.

Benteke will be allowed to leave by JĆ¼rgen Klopp, who overlooked him last season and signed Ā£30m Sadio Mane from Southampton on Tuesday.

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel's eight-year stay on Merseyside is also close to an end with Turkish club Fenerbahce putting the finishing touches to his Ā£5m transfer.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/684656/Liverpool-Christian-Benteke-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-News

Thank F**k for idiots like Pardew!

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #43: Jun 30, 2016 12:13:16 am
      Thank f**k for idiots like Pardew!

Bentekes a good player, he will score a shed load for teams like palace that use width and get balls in the box. He just doesn't fit with the style we're trying to implement.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #44: Jun 30, 2016 01:25:18 am
      look at how desperate we are to sell him, and happily sell at a loss.

this signing (like others) was destined not to work.

im not on the transfer committee - but the people who are on do not seem to 1. know football 2. support Liverpool.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #45: Jun 30, 2016 02:10:01 am
      look at how desperate we are to sell him, and happily sell at a loss.

this signing (like others) was destined not to work.

im not on the transfer committee - but the people who are on do not seem to 1. know football 2. support Liverpool.

Your not easily pleased are you?

It says we're holding out for near enough 30m, I think most people on this board would happily snatch someones hand off for *only* a 2.5m loss on Benteke.

I mean, I think we're a joke in the transfer market but even I wouldn't be upset if we hold out for 30m on Benteke. This league is awash with cash, why not rob some other club for once rather than be robbed?

Quick Reply