Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Christian Benteke (Chelsea/Crystal Palace/Sunderland)

Read 67583 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Christian Benteke (Chelsea/Crystal Palace/Sunderland)
      Reply #460: Aug 16, 2016 01:25:05 pm
      Benteke is good striker, i do not see why Klopp do not develop him  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Maybe klopp can devolve Benteke from a lamp into a table lamp??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #461: Aug 16, 2016 01:36:22 pm

''Add ons''?? Not worth a F***ing carrot.
      Guess we're holding out for at least £30m up front.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #462: Aug 16, 2016 01:46:49 pm
      They got £25 mill up from for Bolaise.

Benteke is a much better player so £32 mill up front or get fu**ed Pards.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #463: Aug 16, 2016 02:14:36 pm
      This could be a deadline day transfer, both clubs trying to make the other blink first.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #464: Aug 16, 2016 05:30:44 pm
      Get Rid   Move On
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #465: Aug 16, 2016 07:25:07 pm
      I expect some one will pay around £30 million for the lad because everybody simply has so much money and the market is inflated. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes to the last few days of the window though. I don't really care to be honest because I don't think selling the lad will have any impact on us bringing more players in if I'm honest.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #466: Aug 16, 2016 10:31:50 pm
      This could be a deadline day transfer, both clubs trying to make the other blink first.

I blinked a while back when I *thought* our price had been matched.
      We started the first game of the season without a recognised striker - this simply has to happen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #467: Aug 17, 2016 09:41:31 am
      LFC want £30m up front for Benteke.

The previous £30m bid from Crystal Palace also came with add-ons.
      The add-ons included a proviso that CP qualify for the Champions League.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/16/liverpool-reject-305m-christian-benteke-bid-as-fee-relied-on-pal/

They are taking the piss.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #468: Aug 17, 2016 09:52:27 am
      LFC want £30m up front for Benteke.

The previous £30m bid from Crystal Palace also came with add-ons.
      The add-ons included a proviso that CP qualify for the Champions League.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/16/liverpool-reject-305m-christian-benteke-bid-as-fee-relied-on-pal/

They are taking the piss.

An extra £2.5m if Palace qualify for the champions league, Benteke scores 20 goals AND plays in 70% of the fixtures.

What's champions league qualification and premier league safety worth to a team nowadays? £100 million?

F*cking generous of them that isn't it!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #469: Aug 17, 2016 09:52:49 am
      :lmao: Something i'd do on Footy Manager. Taking the piss, the bas**rds.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #470: Aug 17, 2016 10:00:57 am
      What a rediculous offer

We turn down 25m upfront and they come back with less money and then add it some outrageous add ons

Bet next they'll come back with no money but say if he's later sold on the real Madrid scores 47 goals over 2 seasons and wins la liga they'll pay us the 32.5m we paid for him
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #471: Aug 17, 2016 10:39:25 am
      Palace  must just pay the money  , wait till the  last  day of  the transfer window ,they will come  back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #472: Aug 17, 2016 11:06:24 am
      ON general principles I wouldn't sell to those pricks now, tout him out to the other clubs, surely someone must be willing to pay £30 million+ for a Belgium international striker with very good stats.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #473: Aug 17, 2016 11:08:17 am
      ON general principles I wouldn't sell to those pricks now, tout him out to the other clubs, surely someone must be willing to pay £30 million+ for a Belgium international striker with very good stats.

West Brom have said they'll meet the fee but he's not keen on them.  Sunderland are also interested.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #474: Aug 17, 2016 11:14:00 am
      West Brom have said they'll meet the fee but he's not keen on them.  Sunderland are also interested.

Christian has a brain, then. I'd break my own legs before i played for Pulis. Backwards thinking tw*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #475: Aug 17, 2016 01:02:06 pm
      Christian has a brain, then. I'd break my own legs before i played for Pulis. Backwards thinking tw*t.

West Brom managed by Tony Pulis is about as tempting as a soiled bed to lie in for the night. He makes ISIS look positively progressive.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #476: Aug 17, 2016 01:13:45 pm
      He makes ISIS look positively progressive.

:D

Excellently expressed.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #477: Aug 17, 2016 02:13:54 pm
      I must be in the minority that think the club are handling this transfer ridiculously then.

We sign Christian for 32.5m. 

He has a season with us where ok his stats weren't exactly disastrous, but his performances pretty much were. A footballers career is short and even though he is still young, based on last season with us, surely his value has decreased from when we signed him at the top of his game?

The club should take anything over 25m.  If we got 25m cash for him I'd be happy.

Whichever tosser thought it was a good idea to sign him in the first place should pay the difference. It was clear as F***ing day Benteke wouldn't fit in here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #478: Aug 17, 2016 02:21:30 pm
      I must be in the minority that think the club are handling this transfer ridiculously then.

He has a season with us where ok his stats weren't exactly disastrous, but his performances pretty much were. A footballers career is short and even though he is still young, based on last season with us, surely his value has decreased from when we signed him at the top of his game?

The club should take anything over 25m.  If we got 25m cash for him I'd be happy.

Whichever tosser thought it was a good idea to sign him in the first place should pay the difference. It was clear as f**king day Benteke wouldn't fit in here.

Hmm how well was Torres playing for us when Chelsea came in for him? a players value is measured over slightly more than a few months and in the current market Benteke is easily worth £30 million to a team who need goals, we are holding all the cards here.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #479: Aug 17, 2016 02:34:52 pm

Whichever tosser thought it was a good idea to sign him in the first place should pay the difference. It was clear as f**king day Benteke wouldn't fit in here.

I think given his age, his pedigree and the scarcity of players available of his calibre for a club like Palace (and the context of inflated fees), I can see the point in holding out for a better offer as long as nothing whatsoever in terms of possible new arrivals for us hinges on a deal for Benteke -- and with the massive increase in TV revenue, nothing should.

If Palace bid a solid amount (I.e. No dubious add-ons) very close to what we paid they'd probably get him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #480: Aug 17, 2016 03:11:59 pm
      So apparently Crystal Palace would only pay the £7m add ons if Crystal Palace secured Champions League qualification with Benteke scoring at least 20 goals in the league season.

We always knew Pardew was a bit of a deluded charlatan but that IS taking the biscuit!  :lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #481: Aug 17, 2016 03:14:14 pm
      So apparently Crystal Palace would only pay the £7m add ons if Crystal Palace secured Champions League qualification with Benteke scoring at least 20 goals in the league season.

We always knew Pardew was a bit of a deluded charlatan but that IS taking the biscuit!  :lmao:

Agreed but I'm not too sure it's good business leaking that information to the media. Pretty much saying "what are they smoking"? From all other clubs looking in on that they wouldn't like the idea of private conversations being made public.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #482: Aug 17, 2016 03:38:06 pm
      Agreed but I'm not too sure it's good business leaking that information to the media. Pretty much saying "what are they smoking"? From all other clubs looking in on that they wouldn't like the idea of private conversations being made public.

Thats what we do though isn't, we only just stop short of writing love letters to other teams players in the echo.

Quick Reply