Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Ballon D’Or 2023

Read 7856 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Ballon D’Or 2023
      Reply #46: Oct 30, 2023 10:42:49 pm
      Helped his country win the World Cup 🤷‍♂️

He did that for sure, however, he’s not exactly done much else has he. He’s been pretty dormant all year apart from that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,825 posts | 3384 
      Reply #47: Oct 30, 2023 11:33:56 pm
      He did that for sure, however, he’s not exactly done much else has he. He’s been pretty dormant all year apart from that.

Well that’s a pretty big deal isn’t 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Oct 30, 2023 11:44:56 pm
      Well that’s a pretty big deal isn’t 🤷‍♂️

Far too much emphasis on the World Cup for me Pj. I know it’s a part of it but it’s once every 4 years. I’d much rather see the winners coming from the best domestic teams in the world. After all, that’s where the best players are.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Oct 31, 2023 08:16:56 am
      Well deserved messi, finally winning that elusive WC was the clincher.

End of an era now, himself and ronaldo wont win these again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Oct 31, 2023 08:21:10 am
      Some people  go on about needing to produce it in a World Cup to get the status for winning the Bent Ballon D’Or is bullsh!t. feck sake it’s every 4 years unlike the domestics be it here or in Europe which is every year. We all know if favours those who play in La Liga.

Not forgetting (( Haaland as an example)) will never win a World Cup because Norway don’t have the surrounding players to make that possible, they never even qualified.

We know Messi has produced it year in, year out and has won Ballon D’Ors on merit but not this one. Tell me what he’s done outside a competition that comes around every 4 years Over the last 12 months?

For the record he still didn’t do it in the hardest league in football and when he did was surround by world class players. Do I think he could have done it in the Premier league? Yes I do, BUT HE DIDN’T so that will always leave food for thought. Ronaldo did it in all the best league and certainly wasn’t surrounded by world class players all his life.

Rant over…  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,611 posts | 3915 
      Reply #51: Oct 31, 2023 09:04:39 am
      Salah coming for the 2024 award!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Oct 31, 2023 09:14:25 am

Deserves to be in the make up but doesn’t play in La Liga. Bellingham will be given it next year.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #53: Oct 31, 2023 12:22:40 pm
      Deserves to be in the make up but doesn’t play in La Liga. Bellingham will be given it next year.

Or Haaland, after he moves to Madrid next summer  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: Nov 02, 2023 09:48:15 pm

Na will be Ronaldo just so they can get his numbers as close to Messi as possible.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 28 
      Reply #55: Dec 10, 2023 08:49:52 pm
      In a Euros season, form at the finals next summer will play a big part.  So if Bellingham were to repeat the form he showed at the World Cup in 2022, and continues to perform so well for Real Madrid, he'll definitely be a contender for the 2023-24 award.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #56: Dec 23, 2023 06:32:50 am
      Some people  go on about needing to produce it in a World Cup to get the status for winning the Bent Ballon D’Or is bullsh!t. feck sake it’s every 4 years unlike the domestics be it here or in Europe which is every year. We all know if favours those who play in La Liga.

Not forgetting (( Haaland as an example)) will never win a World Cup because Norway don’t have the surrounding players to make that possible, they never even qualified.

We know Messi has produced it year in, year out and has won Ballon D’Ors on merit but not this one. Tell me what he’s done outside a competition that comes around every 4 years Over the last 12 months?

For the record he still didn’t do it in the hardest league in football and when he did was surround by world class players. Do I think he could have done it in the Premier league? Yes I do, BUT HE DIDN’T so that will always leave food for thought. Ronaldo did it in all the best league and certainly wasn’t surrounded by world class players all his life.

Rant over…  ;D

Pretty sure you’ve made numerous posts in the past that he can’t be considered the greatest ever cos he never had a World Cup to his name.

Now he does and apparently that’s no barometer cos it’s once every four years.

Sound like a Ronaldo fanboy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #57: Dec 23, 2023 02:22:10 pm
      Pretty sure you’ve made numerous posts in the past that he can’t be considered the greatest ever cos he never had a World Cup to his name.

Now he does and apparently that’s no barometer cos it’s once every four years.

Sound like a Ronaldo fanboy

You’ll have to go in the archives of my post to find that one as I don’t remember. What I have said many times he’s never played in the best/hardest league in the world. I’ve also said even though never played in Premier league would probably still of been successful. However, he hasn’t and throughout his career he’s been surrounded by world class players more than any player I know, obviously that helps. 😉

Quick Reply