Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre Season #1: Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Liverpool

Read 15435 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Pre Season Friendly - Tranmere Rovers v Liverpool (Friday 08/07/16 KO 7PM)
      Reply #138: Jul 08, 2016 09:08:53 pm
      Good stuff lads, plenty of encouragement there.

Most notably Ejaria, Mane and Ings, top stuff from those lads in my opinion.

Not many negatives either, we march on!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Re: Pre Season #1: Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Liverpool
      Reply #139: Jul 08, 2016 09:17:43 pm
      Good preseason game. Ejaria impressed me the most, the kid is fu*king good.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #140: Jul 08, 2016 09:23:35 pm
      I thought ings had a belter when he came on.

Hopefully he smashes a few in this season. Certainly looks hungry and looks like he'll bag a few.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #141: Jul 08, 2016 09:27:36 pm
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016 11:05:40 pm by Red John »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #142: Jul 08, 2016 09:30:51 pm
      Gutted I missed the game, was looking forward to this! Caught odd bits of commentary on my phone and we seemed promising enough.

How did our new lads get on?
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #143: Jul 08, 2016 09:45:39 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #144: Jul 08, 2016 10:03:42 pm
      I  liked the pace and intensity,as Baz mentioned and I concur probably the most impressive friendly I have seen in the 5 years I have been watching.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #145: Jul 08, 2016 10:59:47 pm

Hope you didn't miss your cue to hand over the ring or shout out "Yes Danny!!!" at the goal or anything like that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #146: Jul 08, 2016 11:06:05 pm
      Despite the shocking miss I'm actually impressed with Markovic.

Agree with this. The comm (Tranmere player?) said at about 65-70 mins he wanted to see Markovic do more to get on the ball, and after that he started to just that, running on and off the ball, sending in some good serves. Bad miss for sure, but it happens. Promising.

I noticed Luis Alberto  not on either, so I imagine a move coming there as well as with Balotelli.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #147: Jul 09, 2016 12:01:15 am
      Anybody get onto their Number 5?

What the F**k was that?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #148: Jul 09, 2016 01:25:08 am
      Anybody get onto their Number 5?

What the f**k was that?

Thought Jan Molby had turned out for them
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #149: Jul 09, 2016 06:15:26 am
      Thought Jan Molby had turned out for them

That was no athlete, that.

There's hope for me yet.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #150: Jul 09, 2016 10:16:24 am
      Good stuff lads, plenty of encouragement there.

Most notably Ejaria, Mane and Ings, top stuff from those lads in my opinion.

Not many negatives either, we march on!

All those and Alexander impressed me too. His run was stunning as I said in his thread.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #151: Jul 09, 2016 10:25:37 am
      Fleetwood just about managed to stay in League One so they should offer a bit more of a test than Tranmere.

Well played to the lads last night - hadn't realised the likes of Woodburn were only 16.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #152: Jul 09, 2016 01:36:06 pm
      Watching the first half again this morning as I was a bit distracted when it was live, Brannagan also put in quite a good bit of work. I know he's no giant but, he really puts himself into it with the kind of confidence and vigor you want to see. Hoping to see a good bit more of him in the coming weeks and months.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #153: Jul 09, 2016 02:28:46 pm

I think it was a good runout.  The kids played well and the newboys looked promising.  Think this will be a good season for Ingsy.  The only downside is I still don't think Moreno looks good enough.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #154: Jul 10, 2016 02:14:08 pm
      Well I've finally watched the game in full, not much to add to what others have posted but just a few observations.

1st half.

Karius didn't have much to do but I had to do a double take when he was on or outside the penalty area to collect long balls over the top.  One of things that does my nut in with Migs is waiting for the CBs to play the ball back to him and having to kick it, instead of coming to collect it.  It was like having Pepe back  ;D

Matip has had surgery to remove a screw from his ankle since the end of the season, which has hampered him due to getting an infection.  He was struggling to jump and surprisingly was played on the right rather than his natural left, still it was nice to see him bringing the ball out from the back rather than lumping it forward.

Ejaria had a very good game once he got going and considering he was still playing u18s level last season, it was a big step up for him.  He's a very good ball player and is intelligent in what's happening around him which helps at that level as sometimes the u18s aren't always on his wavelength, making his talents not stand out so much.

Branners did what Branners does, links defense and attack quickly and crisply.  Always shows for the ball, distributes well and his dead ball deliveries were far better than what we usually see.

Kent and Mane both had good games, we were just missing a proper striker as Firmino seemed a bit off the pace although again improved once he got going.

2nd half.

Was nice to see Wisdom playing at CB again and I thought he did very well alongside Ilori.  Considering he's not played there for at least 3 seasons he was commanding and controlled the defense well.  Ilori is lovely to watch but I'm not sure his languid style suits Jürgen.  He's so nonchalant it gives the impression of not caring.

It was a strange midfield, more of a two and a half than a definite 2 or 3 but they did well.  Stewart obviously the sitter with Pedro and AA alternating who stayed and who went.  Considering Trent has been playing at RB and again only at u18s level he certainly impressed.  Again another calm and intelligent player.

The baby of them all, little Ben Woodburn, still only 16 but you wouldn't believe it watching that game.  He took the u18s by storm last season but hopefully he'll remain there again this season rather than be pushed through to the 21s where he could struggle due to his size.

Was nice to see Marko back and he did well considering he wouldn't have known one of the players he was with.

And what can you say about Ingsy.  Great to see him back, being a pest, getting annoyed, never giving up and finally getting his goal.  He'll do well under Jürgen.

I've probably missed or forgotten loads of points I wanted to make as I watched it at 7am this morning, am cooking dinner and watching the F1 and had a bevvy or two  ;D

Good game though for a pre season warm up, bring on Fleetwood  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #155: Jul 11, 2016 01:11:33 am

I've probably missed or forgotten loads of points I wanted to make as I watched it at 7am this morning, am cooking dinner and watching the F1 and had a bevvy or two  ;D

That Hamilton kid could be some player.  ;)

Quick Reply