Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

iPhone - Are you getting one?

Read 131680 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: iPhone - Are you getting one?
      Reply #598: Jun 26, 2013 09:36:00 pm
      Best speakers I've heard on a phone.

But it's only a phone. My 3GS is 3 years old, only one speaker works but it still is fine.

All this hype about forward facing stereo speakers, seriously why? To get the stereo effect surely you'd have to be about 4" from the screen.

You want good sound, get good earphones. Bose do nicely for me.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #599: Jun 26, 2013 09:55:47 pm
      My brother has one. He dropped it and the touchscreen smashed to a point where it doesn't work.

Dropped many phones before and not once was the damage that bad. Don't go dropping it ;)

Already have dropped it quite a few times mate, from quite some heights aswell, in and out of the shower :D Mine's held up perfectly well. The water resistant feature makes it worth having.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #600: Jun 26, 2013 10:14:12 pm
      All this hype about forward facing stereo speakers, seriously why? To get the stereo effect surely you'd have to be about 4" from the screen.

TBH, well for me anyways, if yer ever travelling anywhere and want some music getting ready before a night out, or in a house etc. with no laptop / speakers. It's handy then.

I couldn't agree with ya in terms of the earphones bit, and defintely the best I've had in my phones I've had is the iPhone4.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #601: Jun 26, 2013 10:14:50 pm
      Already have dropped it quite a few times mate, from quite some heights aswell, in and out of the shower :D Mine's held up perfectly well. The water resistant feature makes it worth having.
      Not sure if he 'dropped' it then. Probably threw it quite hard knowing him :laugh:
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #602: Sep 20, 2013 04:00:03 pm
      What do you guys think of the new iPhone 5s?

Been putting off doing it, but I wanted to see the newest iPhone and pretty unimpressed.  I think it's time to sell my 4s and go for either a Galaxy S4 or a HTC One.

Apple are so far behind the rest now, soley relying on gimmicks....  Fingerprint scanner?  I had that on my Dell work laptop in 2007.

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2013 04:05:41 pm by nnilswerdna »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #603: Sep 20, 2013 04:11:14 pm
      What do you guys think of the new iPhone 5s?

Been putting off doing it, but I wanted to see the newest iPhone and pretty unimpressed.  I think it's time to sell my 4s and go for either a Galaxy S4 or a HTC One.

Apple are so far behind the rest now, soley relying on gimmicks....  Fingerprint scanner?  I had that on my Dell work laptop in 2007.

Well I have a Samsung S3, and its not good, runs very slow, having to factory reset it fairly regularly and most of the things on Android are gimmicks as well.
      I think the fingerprint scanner is far more than just a gimmick, it's a big step forwards, the camera is a lot better, it's a damned good phone, plus ios7 is a big step forwards.
      Having said that my next phone will probably be Nokia, I just really like Windows8 as an interface, rock solid stable and very intuitive
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #604: Sep 20, 2013 04:55:59 pm
      Nope.

Went for the HTC One.
      Looking at the new iOS I'm glad I did.

It's like Apple tried to somewhat Android it.

Love the HTC One, and it was half the price of an S4.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #605: Sep 20, 2013 04:59:50 pm
      Use a Windows Phone myself. Think it's a great operating system, just lacks a lot of apps at the minute.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #606: Sep 20, 2013 06:25:32 pm
      Use a Windows Phone myself. Think it's a great operating system, just lacks a lot of apps at the minute.

;D

I find Windows Opterating system absolutely awful.

Went straight back to Android after my Windows Shitty Phone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #607: Sep 20, 2013 07:26:12 pm
      ;D

I find Windows Opterating system absolutely awful.

Went straight back to Android after my Windows Shitty Phone.

Agree.

I'm straight back to Android again after only a few months on Windows.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #608: Sep 20, 2013 08:12:37 pm
      Yes, believe it or not, I am getting one!

I've only had one smartphone, a Galaxy S2 and it's been brilliant aside from having to have the SIM reader replaced. I'm very used to the Android operating system and was going to stay with it but there's just no phones I like now. The S4, One and Experia Z are all great phones in different ways but all bigger than my S2, considerably bigger. I know you get used to them, but my S2 slots nicely into my pocket at work and the others are just that bit too big.
      So, I don't buy Apple's latest "innovations" because they're mainly rip-offs of Android features and I couldn't give a crap about the finger print reader but it is still the "nicest" looking phone on the market.
      For the first time ever, with very little between the various phones, I've picked purely on size and aesthetics.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #609: Sep 20, 2013 08:27:15 pm

I've only had one smartphone, a Galaxy S2 and it's been brilliant aside from having to have the SIM reader replaced. I'm very used to the Android operating system and was going to stay with it but there's just no phones I like now. The S4, One and Experia Z are all great phones in different ways but all bigger than my S2, considerably bigger. I know you get used to them, but my S2 slots nicely into my pocket at work and the others are just that bit too big.
      So, I don't buy Apple's latest "innovations" because they're mainly rip-offs of Android features and I couldn't give a crap about the finger print reader but it is still the "nicest" looking phone on the market.
      For the first time ever, with very little between the various phones, I've picked purely on size and aesthetics.

Not do it Rep! :D

Have you thought of the HTC One Mini?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #610: Sep 20, 2013 10:57:57 pm

S4 mini is your friend.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #611: Sep 20, 2013 10:59:39 pm

This.. I said the exact same on FB.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #612: Sep 21, 2013 07:36:42 pm
      S4 mini and HTC One mini are not compact versions of the S4 and One though, they're lower-powered, inferior handsets. I'll probably have this next phone for 2 years so I wouldn't want to go for one that already has limited specs.
      As I said, I really like Android but having never owned an iPhone, it will be good to have a complete change, stop me getting bored.

With regards to the 5S, it had apparently been kept so secret that app developers only saw it pretty much when we did. That means it could be a few months before they can fully take advantage of the 64 bit system but then you should see a more noticeable difference.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #613: Sep 21, 2013 07:57:27 pm
      Good point on the mini versions and one I agree with after downgrading for that Windows Phone.

I'm actual tempted to go iPhone next time as well just for a change and to see what all the fuss is about.

Never had an Apple phone before.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #614: Sep 23, 2013 10:45:18 am
      iPhone 5s is the fastest out of the HTC 1 and the S4...

But way behind on features that an Andriod OS can provide.

I agree, nicest phone on the market, but screen size is fast becoming a big player now with phones and that leads me the HTC 1 or the S4.

Each to their own totally, Apple fan boys ruin Apple products for me.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #615: Sep 23, 2013 11:34:16 am
      Another eight months on my contract, but I bloomin' love my Galaxy Note and will certainly be getting a 'phablet' next time. 
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #616: Sep 23, 2013 01:37:41 pm
      Another eight months on my contract, but bloomin' love my Galaxy Note and will certainly be getting a 'phablet' next time. 

Samsung rep was in with the Note 3 today in our store. What an amazing piece of technology! Leather back on it is really nice too!

Quite tempted to go for it with my upgrade in March/April. Currently use the HTC One.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #617: Sep 23, 2013 01:55:23 pm
      Samsung rep was in with the Note 3 today in our store. What an amazing piece of technology! Leather back on it is really nice too!

Quite tempted to go for it with my upgrade in March/April. Currently use the HTC One.
      Only problem is that you'll look like a complete c0ck with it held up to your ear. :-)

BTW The people who don't like the Windows phone OS, I have to ask what it is you don't like? The problem I have with Android is that it's just like having Linux on your computer, it all kind of works but not quite. For example on my S3 the default email client doesn't work properly so i have the rely on 3rd party apps, this is inexcusable for a samrtphone. Also in my experence the vast majority of apps are fairly flakey and ugly if compared to the Apple version.
      BTW I totally agree that there aren't as many apps for Windows but you have everything you need, and it just works the same as on Apple.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #618: Sep 12, 2014 01:05:51 pm
      Bit disappointed with the new 6 and I just can't see myself ever using a phone as big as the 6+. Will be holding onto my 5S for another year I think.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #619: Sep 12, 2014 01:30:15 pm
      Just moved away from apple and got the HTC M8 early days but I am impressed.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #620: Sep 12, 2014 01:35:52 pm
      Only problem is that you'll look like a complete c0ck with it held up to your ear. :-)

Never had to hold it up to my ear, handsfree, via my headphones or just answer via my Gear, which is a bit Michael Knight, but pretending your speaking to the Knight Industries Two Thousand is kinda awesome.

Quick Reply