Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

iPhone - Are you getting one?

Read 129350 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Re: iPhone - Are you getting one?
      Reply #644: Sep 22, 2014 10:18:42 pm
      Anyone have any experience with Sony Experia z2?

Heard plenty of good things so much so that I've just ordered the Z3 which is due out next Monday (I've had ongoing problems with my S4 since getting it drenched out on a run!!).  Was going to get the Z2 but seen the Z3 on a special offer for only a fiver more.

Hopefully last me a couple of years.

If I was to have my pick of the phones at the moment I'd be taking out a HTC M8. Best of the bunch in my opinion.

It was a toss up between that and the Z3. Camera was the clincher for me though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #645: Sep 24, 2014 03:09:56 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #646: Sep 24, 2014 03:21:27 pm
      Anyone have any experience with Sony Experia z2?

I've had mine a week now and it literally pisses on the Iphone.

I've got the z2 compact, apart from the scratching, which is fixable apparently it is absolutely brilliant, superb battery life.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #647: Dec 15, 2014 12:00:03 pm
      Have had iphones since the 4 and now have a 5c, Useless things.
      The batterys lifespan is 5 hours at best.
      The layout and navigation is perfect, its just the lagging and poor battery lifespan that ruins it for me.

Whats the point in having a phone when its dead half the time?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #648: Dec 15, 2014 01:03:08 pm
      Have had iphones since the 4 and now have a 5c, Useless things.
      The batterys lifespan is 5 hours at best.
      The layout and navigation is perfect, its just the lagging and poor battery lifespan that ruins it for me.

Whats the point in having a phone when its dead half the time?

You have probably got too many apps running, brightness too high, push data switched on, and other systems running full belt.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #649: Jul 04, 2015 10:13:34 am
      Early October. I think it's the 18th in the US and 11th here.

But yeah it does look awesome. Thinking about getting one myself on a separate contract.

Well, decided against that and waited to early upgrade to an S6 Edge on a 12 month back in April.

F***ing delighted with that choice! Samsung have really come into their own recently. Nobody can touch them.

On a side-note, if anybody has any issues with their phones (technical or physical) - don't hesitate to PM me. Free advice is always good, right? ;)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #650: Aug 14, 2015 11:32:12 pm
      Hate mac products so I won't be getting one.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #651: Aug 15, 2015 07:53:12 pm
      Hate mac products so I won't be getting one.

A wise decision.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #652: Aug 20, 2015 04:00:20 pm
      Although a love the idea that everything is synced, if you change your PC and don't get the data transfer right, you're screwed.

The 'Genius's' are not that smart, and takes forever to see anyone who is supposed to know how to sort problems out.

For me the 6 is just bigger than the 5, nothing really new of revolutionary, so now that Samsung do not sponsor the Chavs, I will be jumping ship.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #653: Aug 20, 2015 04:15:57 pm
      Have had a iMac for years and now with the family having multiple iPads around the house a iPhone just makes sense to me.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #654: Aug 25, 2015 11:53:47 am
      Have had a iMac for years and now with the family having multiple iPads around the house a iPhone just makes sense to me.

A lot of people fall into that mindset. It's "easier" to stay with Apple than it is to transition out, right? Well, not really.

You can easily sync your Apple content with Android devices now using apps from the Play Store, and Samsung have brought out a lightning to micro-USB cable that makes transferring data easy.

In addition, with Apple you only get a 12-month warranty for a 24-month contract. Plus you're paying a massive premium monthly (or one-off) for a not-so-premium device.

I've switched so many people now from iOS to Android and they've never looked back.

Also, Skype > Facetime.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #655: Aug 25, 2015 11:57:54 am
      A lot of people fall into that mindset. It's "easier" to stay with Apple than it is to transition out, right? Well, not really.

You can easily sync your Apple content with Android devices now using apps from the Play Store, and Samsung have brought out a lightning to micro-USB cable that makes transferring data easy.

In addition, with Apple you only get a 12-month warranty for a 24-month contract. Plus you're paying a massive premium monthly (or one-off) for a not-so-premium device.

I've switched so many people now from iOS to Android and they've never looked back.

Also, Skype > Facetime.

I'm sure your right mate but with a work ipad and phone it's easy for me, you tech savvy boys have it easy  :)

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #656: Aug 25, 2015 12:03:15 pm
      I'm sure your right mate but with a work ipad and phone it's easy for me, you tech savvy boys have it easy  :)

I know mate, it's not easy to switch. Just hate seeing people overpay for garbage.

United fans feel the same way when buying their shirts, I'm sure.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #657: Aug 25, 2015 12:08:16 pm
      The non expandable memory in iPhone is the worst thing.My sister has one and  its OS takes too much space IMO.

If you are basically buying a flagship device then expandable memory is a must.

Personally prefer HTC one flagship or One Plus  as a cheaper alternative to flagship.iPhone is too over priced IMO.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #658: Aug 25, 2015 12:33:59 pm
      If you are basically buying a flagship device then expandable memory is a must.

Not really. The cloud options are easier and more secure ways to retrieve files, I'll give them that. SD cards are being phased out quickly by most manufacturers now, due to the benefits of cloud storage.

The problem with the iOS is that each update stores the previous version on the phone, too. There's no way to gain that original space back unless you factory reset your phone, which you shouldn't have to do. Android, by comparison, simply updates and then deletes the old version.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #659: Aug 25, 2015 03:51:40 pm
      Not really. The cloud options are easier and more secure ways to retrieve files, I'll give them that. SD cards are being phased out quickly by most manufacturers now, due to the benefits of cloud storage.

The problem with the iOS is that each update stores the previous version on the phone, too. There's no way to gain that original space back unless you factory reset your phone, which you shouldn't have to do. Android, by comparison, simply updates and then deletes the old version.
      Cloud storage requires a sufficient amount of Internet bandwidth which unfortunately is pretty sh*t in my country.

Hence here i would rather prefer an expandable storage slot instead of cloud storage.

And for other reasons too i would prefer an Android.iOS has more restrictions that isn't suited to my use.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #660: Sep 09, 2015 08:23:53 pm
      People. Don't.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #661: Sep 09, 2015 08:28:21 pm
      Well, decided against that and waited to early upgrade to an S6 Edge on a 12 month back in April.

F***ing delighted with that choice! Samsung have really come into their own recently. Nobody can touch them.

On a side-note, if anybody has any issues with their phones (technical or physical) - don't hesitate to PM me. Free advice is always good, right? ;)

I've got the S6 Edge as well Res and what a fine piece of equipment it is.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #662: Sep 09, 2015 08:55:25 pm
      I've got the S6 Edge as well Res and what a fine piece of equipment it is.

I love it. Loooove it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #663: Sep 21, 2015 07:04:53 pm

You can just delete your backup that's on your phone.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #664: Oct 26, 2015 12:13:48 pm
      Bump.

I put my S6 Edge through my business and at the same time my wife upgraded her iPhone 6 to the 6s.  Mainly because it is pink (Rose Gold?)

I fail to see what any of the "improvements" do in all honestly.  You press it harder and it pops into something.

Hardly game changing.

And I'm not a bitter Android fan, this is the first Samsung I have ever owned.  I have an Mac Pro and obviously love my iPad.

They are being out Apple'd by Samsung currently.  The machining on the S6 Edge is beautiful.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #665: Oct 26, 2015 01:33:10 pm
      Bump.

I put my S6 Edge through my business and at the same time my wife upgraded her iPhone 6 to the 6s.  Mainly because it is pink (Rose Gold?)

I fail to see what any of the "improvements" do in all honestly.  You press it harder and it pops into something.

Hardly game changing.

And I'm not a bitter Android fan, this is the first Samsung I have ever owned.  I have an Mac Pro and obviously love my iPad.

They are being out Apple'd by Samsung currently.  The machining on the S6 Edge is beautiful.

Give your Samsung about 12 months and then you will start hating it. Have a couple of friends and they loved theirs until about 8-12 months in. One is now on iPhone (his first, he was always Android) and the other is thinking about going back to an iPhone.

I started in Android (HTC) 3 phones back, like it till about 18 months and then couldn't wait to get rid of it. I'm a Windows guy too, no Apple fanboy here, I strongly dislike Mac OSX. But as for phones, I like iOS and have been nothing but happy with my last and current iPhones.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #666: Oct 26, 2015 01:42:59 pm
      I really like android phones but it pisses me off that they are designed to go slow after about 10 months, prompting an upgrade.

Quick Reply