Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

iPhone - Are you getting one?

Read 129597 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: iPhone - Are you getting one?
      Reply #46: Aug 20, 2008 11:19:51 pm
      Basically agreed to just get a 32Gb iPod Touch when I can! Do you still get the same apps and things like that? Hope so, especially the pint of Carling one! :D

Yep some of the apps.  But without an external speaker some of the apps don't work properly.  Carling one works fine.  Annoyed everyone with that already. 

I want somebody to try drinking from it when the coppers come past you on the road.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #47: Aug 21, 2008 10:06:10 am

It's more to do with me contract only being recent. I complained of the phone being poor, but they said they'd just swap the handset.

So I'll keep me phone, which admittedly isn't that bad. I've got a 4Gb card on that so it'll do for games, vids and music I'll have for ringtones.

A 32Gb iPod one should suffice I think! ::)

Yep some of the apps.  But without an external speaker some of the apps don't work properly.  Carling one works fine.  Annoyed everyone with that already. 

I want somebody to try drinking from it when the coppers come past you on the road.

I'm guessing that's the fart and burp ones. That makes me sad but I'm sure a few iPod Carlings will sort that one out! :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #48: Aug 22, 2008 12:47:18 am
      White Apple iPhone 16Gb

Out in a couple of days.  Will probably sell out just like the black one did so don't say I didn't remind you all!

Available for delivery on August 26th only from Carphone Warehouse

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2009 10:50:56 pm by JD »
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #49: Sep 01, 2008 08:20:58 pm
      It says on webuser site o2 are bringing the iPhone out on PAYG 16th sept with prices starting from 350 quid
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #50: Sep 01, 2008 08:31:00 pm
      It says on webuser site o2 are bringing the iPhone out on PAYG 16th sept with prices starting from 350 quid

Hopefully it'll be tri-band. Liking the red one. Have you got a link Slimdogg?
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #51: Sep 02, 2008 07:44:03 am
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #52: Sep 05, 2008 03:05:29 pm
      If I get one then it'll have to be Pay and Go as I'm already on a contract.

£400 though! :D Good job me 21st is coming up! ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #53: Sep 05, 2008 04:22:32 pm
      Might wait for my contract to run down and get the £35 package.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #54: Sep 05, 2008 04:34:23 pm
      Might wait for my contract to run down and get the £35 package.

Be a while for me that! ;)

Just started an 18 monther, with a reasonably sh*te phone (crashes all the time, just started replacing my mates numbers with other peoples! ::))
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #55: Mar 09, 2009 10:40:28 pm
      I've had a mooch at the Google phone and the new Nokia, but I think I'm going to have to go out and get the iPhone now my contracts up.

If anyone can hang on 3 or 4 months then the Nokia N97 looks boss.  But I can't wait that long. 

Anybody want to buy my 8Gb iPod Touch off me?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #56: Mar 17, 2009 01:47:53 am
      Made up with with my new gadget.

But - camera is sh*t (which I knew) - no flash or zoom and only 2MP.
      - can't record video (yet)
      - can't send picture messages - although with the data being free and on 3G then just as easy to email - still not a good point

But apart from that, and the fact that sh*t hot video cameras are tiny and cheap anyway, its a great phone and a software update is on its way.  Athough there are rumours of a price cut in the next 6 weeks.

T-Mobile are bringing out the G2 (updated Google phone) and again like I said the Nokia N97 looks smart.  But this is on an 18 month contract so no new phones for me, unless I get bored and convince the missus she wants this one. ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #57: May 06, 2009 09:52:16 am
      Made up with with my new gadget.

But - camera is sh*t (which I knew) - no flash or zoom and only 2MP.
      - can't record video (yet)
      - can't send picture messages - although with the data being free and on 3G then just as easy to email - still not a good point

But apart from that, and the fact that sh*t hot video cameras are tiny and cheap anyway, its a great phone and a software update is on its way.  Athough there are rumours of a price cut in the next 6 weeks.

T-Mobile are bringing out the G2 (updated Google phone) and again like I said the Nokia N97 looks smart.  But this is on an 18 month contract so no new phones for me, unless I get bored and convince the missus she wants this one. ;)

Price cut in 6 weeks?  What does that tell you?  ;)

I4U.com
      WWDC 2009 scheduled for June 8th, iPhone 2009 Release Date?

Apple just announced the dates for the WWDC 2009 developer conference. As predicted before the WWDC 09 will take place on June 8th until June 12th and the hot two topics are iPhone 3.0 OS and OS X Snow Leopard.

It is widely expected that Apple will release a new iPhone device. The iPhone 2009 could be possibly launched at the WWDC 2009.

The registration for the WWDC 2009 is now open. Purchase your ticket by April 24th and save $300.
      Via the WWDC site.

Expect it to be out around Oct - Nov.  Perseverance is the key.  ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #58: May 06, 2009 04:03:24 pm
      Expect it to be out around Oct - Nov.

The new iphone?
      That should be out shortly after they unvail it at that WWDC thingy.
      I remember last year they unvailed the iphone 3G at that WDDC and it was available in shops about a week later i think, two weeks at most.
      It better come out soon because i lost my iphone 3G ( No insurance >:( ) so i have to wait until the release of the next one because they always have some sort of free upgrade deal for existing o2 iphone customers. Either free upgrade or terminate your current contract and take out a new 18 month one for free and pay the price of the new phone which should be no more than £99. ( I even heard it will be $99 which may be less than £99 in UK)

Fingers crossed for me cause until then I'm stuck with the Nokia 32 Brick :(
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #59: May 06, 2009 04:13:33 pm
      I use to have the iPhone and traded it in after only 4 days.

sh*t camera
      No Video
      Cant bluetooth pics/media
      Cant have a song as your ringtone.

I think when they sort these issues out - if they can with copyright, the iPhone will be amazing
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #60: May 06, 2009 06:27:24 pm

:o

What?

The bas**rds. Don't want one anymore! :o
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #61: May 06, 2009 07:02:38 pm

sh*t camera
      No Video

I think when they sort these issues out - if they can with copyright, the iPhone will be amazing

sh*t Camera - Agree

No video recording - Yep. But not something I use.

Bluetooth - being sorted out in next software update OS 3.0 which I should get in the next few weeks.

Songs as ringtones - yes you can. Don't know what gave you the impression you couldn't.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #62: May 06, 2009 07:15:05 pm

sh*t camera
      No Video

sh*t camera -  for uploading pictures and making them bigger, yes. If you just keep your pics on your phone then its fine but it needs improving
      No video - the new iphone will have video
      Can't bluetooth - Right but why would you need to? All your songs, videos, photos etc you can sync for free from your PC which is really easy. Maybe if a friend wanted one of your vids, songs etc its bad for them that you can't send them it, not for you though.

Can't have songs as your ringtones - You can. Either buy them from itunes or theres a way of copying a song from your itunes, shortening the copied version and then find the shortened ringtone version in "my music" and change the ending from .m4a to .m4r and you have a ringtone ;) Simple as.

Also there will be great apps in the app store for stuff like bluetooth soon (think there actually already is) so all missing features will be sorted out by app makers.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #63: May 16, 2009 01:01:13 pm
      I am proved wrong then.

Just looking at the X1 now, looks amazing, might have to upgrade
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #64: May 16, 2009 01:04:43 pm
      Ringtones have to be less than 30 seconds, but all you do is change the file ending as Ally says.

I tend to use that Garageband to crop the song.  Saying that I don't think you can add different message sounds.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #65: May 16, 2009 01:06:40 pm
      It is an amazing peice of kit, i just couldnt get use to the texting on the damn thing.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #66: May 16, 2009 01:28:59 pm
      Ringtones have to be less than 30 seconds, but all you do is change the file ending as Ally says.

I tend to use that Garageband to crop the song.  Saying that I don't think you can add different message sounds.

Itunes is good for cropping the songs too.
      When you've made the copy, go to "get info" and you can just edit the start and stop time of the song and then click ok.
      Then you just delete it from your itunes library but not from your pc, then change from .m4a to .m4r (you may have to change your pc settings to show file endings in tools>folder options>view, and then make sure "hide extensions for know file types" is NOT selected)
      Yeah, it has to be less than 30 seconds too. I'm not sure about message sounds but i think there's an app somewhere for that.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #67: May 18, 2009 02:27:08 am
      I wonder if the new iPhone upgrade or update, can beat the much superior Blackberry Storm?

Somehow, I just don't think Apple are ready to bring the best out of the iPhone yet, unfortunately...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #68: May 18, 2009 02:35:12 am
      Superior in what sense?

Quick Reply