Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Group B - Euro 2016 [England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia]

Read 64531 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Re: Group B - Euro 2016 [England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia]
      Reply #460: Jun 16, 2016 04:26:43 pm
      Disappointed for Wales obviously, living in North Wales. England had too much power for Wales to hold out. Must give their all and get a result against Russia. Had so many disappointments in the past though, just like them too f**k up.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #461: Jun 16, 2016 04:31:57 pm
      I wonder if Bale still thinks none of the England team would get into the Wales team.
      A draw against Slovakia will see England through. Just hope Russia get dumped out but the Welsh fans need to be wary of what is coming their way

Thinking that too. With Russia needing to beat Wales, that is going to be a tense game! Flares and bangers.. and hopefully not much more.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 725 
      Reply #462: Jun 16, 2016 04:37:10 pm
      Exactly. Absolutely brilliant tactician... or so he'll be thinking.

from the squad, the front 3 picks itself. most of the country knows who should be playing. For the first 2 games he did the opposite ;D
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #463: Jun 16, 2016 04:44:17 pm
      Oh my! Just heard Kyle Walker was given MOTM!  :lmao: :lmao:

Even he got fed up with himself and smashed a frustrated shot towards the goal in sheer hope.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #464: Jun 16, 2016 04:45:54 pm
      @LFC

Look who's bombing down the touch line... Smells like team spirit.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #465: Jun 16, 2016 04:55:28 pm
      Sturridge in injury time. Ironic.
      @TRongen

:D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #466: Jun 16, 2016 06:25:54 pm
      More or less watched the match as a neutral but what an exhilarating match of football. The best match of what has been a fabulous tournament so far. Was a bit worried that the game would fizzle out to a bore 0-0 draw after a slow start but the atmosphere did not allow it to.

So disappointed for Wales who did most things right. People will complain that they sat too deep in the second half but in all honesty they had to because England were playing the ball much quicker and getting players forward at most opportunities. People will criticise Hart for the Bale goal but that would be overlooking a magnificent 40 yard free kick that did what all free kicks should do - be of great trouble and devilish! England played well in the second half, like a Premier League side which begs the question - why do they play so slow and turgid? International football is slower than usual but England's only hope of doing something in this tournament is if they play the sort of heavy metal football ( ;) ) that is prevalent across the Premier League. And in all honesty, the only hope they will have of beating other teams in the tournament is if they outscore the opponent in other 2-1, perhaps 3-2 matches because their defence looks utterly unconvincing. Smalling and Cahill look like trouble in a positional sense and even under the high ball which Wales were starting to use a lot in the second half. But the good thing for England is that they have more goals in them (potentially) than any other team in this tournament. And there's no doubting that for them to score at will they will need to start Vardy and Sturridge (the less said about Sterling the better)!

What super subs they were! Sturridge sets up one and scores the other - pretty much perfect! I was OVER THE MOON when he scored. It's the least he deserves given the toughness of the last couple of years and what a typical Sturridge goal as well. He has a beautiful ability to hold everything still while he moves around all things. It was a piece of individual cuteness and sheer ability that not many other teams have in this tournament.

It was a great great afternoon of British football. Played with spirit and an incredible atmosphere by the Welsh and English fans. It was truly great to see the two sets of supporters applauding each others singing efforts after each national anthem. Undoubtedly exhausting to play in, it was exhausting to watch!

As a Scot my mind boggles as to why we can't produce players who could get in either squad or get its club teams who can play at such energetic, frantic pace. It's a prehistoric wasteland is Scottish football.

Both England and Wales should be proud of the show they put on today. It's just a shame it wasn't played at prime time as opposed to the middle of a working day! Regardless, both nations put on a show that would have entertained the whole continent. Brilliant afternoon of football.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2016 12:49:58 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,984 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #467: Jun 16, 2016 06:37:31 pm
      A penny for your thoughts, Robbie Savage?  :laugh:

Savage a F***ing w@nker and in my opinion clueless. What he knows about tactics you could fit on a postage stamp and still have room to put home & away team players on it  it.  :lmao: England got the just rewards and a very well taken goal by Studge. Hopefully onwards and upwards now. COME ON ENGLND!  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #468: Jun 16, 2016 06:39:28 pm
      Oh and message to Gareth Bale...I reckon Sturridge could get into the Wales team!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #469: Jun 16, 2016 06:43:57 pm
      Oh and message to Gareth Bale...I reckon Sturridge could get into the Wales team!

I think he may keep his comments to himself...lesson learned. Tounge in cheek or not it was a stupid comment
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8566 
      Reply #470: Jun 16, 2016 07:23:38 pm
      Wales need to beat Russia. If they don't, only themselves to blame because Russia are sh*te.

Feel sorry for them but still in a good position.

Actually even a draw would be a good result for Wales, considering teams will be qualifying in third place.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8566 
      Reply #471: Jun 16, 2016 07:24:51 pm
      Savage a F***ing w@nker and in my opinion clueless. What he knows about tactics you could fit on a postage stamp and still have room to put home & away team players on it. 

Well he did start out at Old Trafford as a youngster!!

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #472: Jun 16, 2016 07:43:43 pm
      Sturridge is pure class
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #473: Jun 16, 2016 08:35:12 pm
      If they can't beat Russia they don't deserve to progress.

Well that should be Ingerland out then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #474: Jun 16, 2016 08:45:28 pm

Even he got fed up with himself and smashed a frustrated shot towards the goal in sheer hope.

Haha F**k Kyle Walker. Another 'great attacking full back' with no idea how to cross a ball. Strong and fast he may be, but he's totally gaumless.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #475: Jun 16, 2016 09:07:35 pm

How?! Lost count the amount of times a player was getting past him, his crosses were crap and he was slow at playing the ball! Madness he is even starting ahead of Clyne.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #476: Jun 16, 2016 09:22:43 pm
      How?! Lost count the amount of times a player was getting past him, his crosses were crap and he was slow at playing the ball! Madness he is even starting ahead of Clyne.

I'm sorry, but he and Rose were excellent
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #477: Jun 16, 2016 09:24:10 pm
      Thought the Ref had a good game to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #478: Jun 16, 2016 09:25:00 pm
      I'm sorry, but he and Rose were excellent

Nah, not for me. Even Rose kept having moments where he kept giving the ball away.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,984 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #479: Jun 16, 2016 10:16:13 pm
      Well he did start out at Old Trafford as a youngster!!

We obviously learned at a very early stage what a pr**k he was and fu**ed him off.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #480: Jun 16, 2016 10:18:08 pm
      We obviously learned at a very early stage what a pr**k he was and fu**ed him off.  ;D

But then go and sign Fellaini so nice try but you Mancs are still a bunch of idiots who failed to learn that lesson  ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #481: Jun 16, 2016 10:48:11 pm

Clyne and Walker get the same treatment from opposing teams.

Teams defend narrow and allow them to have plenty of the ball knowing full well they don't have the ability to hurt them 99 times out of 100.

Same thing going on with our Moreno and Englands Rose.

Then we get told how great they were because they end up at the forefront of all of the attacks.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #482: Jun 16, 2016 11:55:23 pm
      Couldn't really tell you too much about the game besides the goals. More excited for the excuse to be out with all my friends at once for a change. Don't think I shut up gabbing.

Buzzing that it was Studge who got the winner like I will say. Find it hard to get excited for England nowadays but I was out and it was Wales so F**k it.

Quick Reply