Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Group B - Euro 2016 [England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia]

Read 63932 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Group B - Euro 2016 [England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia]
      Reply #483: Jun 16, 2016 11:58:44 pm
      Disappointed for Wales obviously, living in North Wales. England had too much power for Wales to hold out. Must give their all and get a result against Russia. Had so many disappointments in the past though, just like them too f**k up.

You're from North Wales?

I used to like you ;)

Joking by the way. Whereabouts Dave?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #484: Jun 17, 2016 12:07:20 am
      Disappointed for Wales obviously, living in North Wales. England had too much power for Wales to hold out. Must give their all and get a result against Russia. Had so many disappointments in the past though, just like them too f**k up.
      I am English so I am cheering England mainly, but I am sure Wales will win against Russia. England would have beaten Russia with Sturridge and Vardy on. I honestly really enjoy watching the Wales football team play football and cheer them on too because it is a home nation within the UK.  I feel like Wales were unlicky today, Vardy was kept onside only because it came off a Welsh defender and Sturridge is probably the best finisher from Europe when fit... You can be proud of Wales!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #485: Jun 17, 2016 12:55:15 am
      I'm sorry, but he and Rose were excellent

I don't think Rose was excellent but I think Walker did the job that he was supposed to have done. He was an excellent attacking outlet for England particularly in that second half. I still think Clyne is the best right back England have but at the very least he's been keeping fit without being played or injured so F**k it!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #486: Jun 17, 2016 07:02:28 am
      You're from North Wales?

I used to like you ;)

Joking by the way. Whereabouts Dave?

Live in Rhyl, not far from the football club, sure you know  "Sunny" Rhyl.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #487: Jun 17, 2016 11:06:38 am
      I thought overall, the game was low on quality and low on tempo, especially from England who will need to quicken things up a lot more if they're going to get out of this group.

Glad Sturridge won it, he should have started ahead of the hapless Kane and as for Sterling he should be posted back to Manchester the useless little runt.

'Hodgsourous' survives by the scaly skin of his teeth (he doesn't really have a clue does he), just so happens it was an LFC player who probably, in all likely saved his career that few games longer.

I thought that Ali Deli bloke was pretty crap and all, and Kyle Walker was overall probably England's best player - after Sturridge.

Keeps football slightly interesting for the next few days.

What I like though, is all the bitters on here kept quiet for the time being who are ready to pounce on England's exit from the tournament. The kind of bitters who, from afar have jumped on the anti-England bandwagon because most of their scouse counterparts do.  :D

PS. I'd like to see Wales qualify.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #488: Jun 17, 2016 11:20:52 am
      I thought overall, the game was low on quality and low on tempo, especially from England who will need to quicken things up a lot more if they're going to get out of this group.

Disagree.

England were in white by the way.

Not the best game, but the stats showed England had the better game by far.

Possession
      70%-30%

Shots

20-8

Shots on Target
      5-2

Corners
      9-3

Fouls
      10-9

As for getting out of the group with 1 game to go and topping the group, just need a draw to progress, where as every other team needs a win.
      I know which scenario I'd like.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #489: Jun 17, 2016 11:46:16 am

Glad Sturridge won it, he should have started ahead of the hapless Kane and as for Sterling he should be posted back to Manchester the useless little runt.

'Hodgsourous' survives by the scaly skin of his teeth (he doesn't really have a clue does he), just so happens it was an LFC player who probably, in all likely saved his career that few games longer.

I thought that Ali Deli bloke was pretty crap and all, and Kyle Walker was overall probably England's best player - after Sturridge.

Keeps football slightly interesting for the next few days.

What I like though, is all the bitters on here kept quiet for the time being who are ready to pounce on England's exit from the tournament. The kind of bitters who, from afar have jumped on the anti-England bandwagon because most of their scouse counterparts do.  :D

PS. I'd like to see Wales qualify.

It was low on tempo because Wales were camped out in their own box for a vast majority of the game. For all the sh*te they were spouting about the English have no pride, none of our players would get in their team, how only they had passion; their performance was embarrassing. Apart from 2 free kicks Bale has done jack sh*t in this tournament.

England will get out of this group no problem now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #490: Jun 17, 2016 11:49:31 am
      What I like though, is all the bitters on here kept quiet for the time being who are ready to pounce on England's exit from the tournament. The kind of bitters who, from afar have jumped on the anti-England bandwagon because most of their scouse counterparts do

Was there actually any need to post this part? Exactly the comment I expect from someone else.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #491: Jun 17, 2016 12:05:57 pm
      Disagree.

England were in white by the way.

Not the best game, but the stats showed England had the better game by far.

Possession
      70%-30%

Shots

20-8

Shots on Target
      5-2

Corners
      9-3

Fouls
      10-9

As for getting out of the group with 1 game to go and topping the group, just need a draw to progress, where as every other team needs a win.
      I know which scenario I'd like.

I said tempo, no mention of it in any of those stats.

The quality only came when Sturridge bailed the team out.

@mrcaz, in fairness to Wales it wasn't necessary for them to play an open game. They already had 3 pts in the bag, and in their arguably toughest fixture they set-out for a draw. The onus was on England to chase the game if you like, and they made f**king hard work of it because they hardly ever stretched Wales. Our best attacking player was Kyle Walker! Down their flank who only ever upped the tempo with his runs down the flanks, the rest was tikka-takka shi**er shatter going nowhere stuff.

You maybe right, but I never count my chickens if they have 3 Lions on their back.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #492: Jun 17, 2016 12:17:10 pm
      That fecking sterling missed that sitter was hillarious. That's the very reason he will not be world class, can never score when the goal is wide open. Long may that continue. Shriek eas truly embarassing, did nothing the whole game, better off playing rugby. He made a mockery of himself. Hart fell on his arse trying to save the shot. Needed Stur and Vardy to bail the whole useless bunch out. Thought he was a movie star or something the way he took the freekicks. Stur got owl out of the shithole.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2016 12:40:01 pm by redkop63 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #493: Jun 17, 2016 01:24:43 pm
      I said tempo, no mention of it in any of those stats.

The quality only came when Sturridge bailed the team out.

@mrcaz, in fairness to Wales it wasn't necessary for them to play an open game. They already had 3 pts in the bag, and in their arguably toughest fixture they set-out for a draw. The onus was on England to chase the game if you like, and they made f**king hard work of it because they hardly ever stretched Wales. Our best attacking player was Kyle Walker! Down their flank who only ever upped the tempo with his runs down the flanks, the rest was tikka-takka shi**er shatter going nowhere stuff.

You maybe right, but I never count my chickens if they have 3 Lions on their back.

I thought the tempo was fine. No need to go hell for leather, especially when soft lad put the wrong team out.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #494: Jun 17, 2016 02:28:34 pm
      Most people also forget that most teams who finished 3rd will go through also.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #495: Jun 17, 2016 08:16:35 pm
      Funny how England played better when they had their better players on isn't it

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #496: Jun 17, 2016 09:58:38 pm
      Funny how England played better when they had their better players on isn't it

This man is gonna find a way to still play Kane in the next game. Just watch.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #497: Jun 18, 2016 02:14:59 am
      There's something very embarrassing and pathetic about how England continue to have God Save The Queen as it's national anthem. Saw the anthems replayed just earlier and it's a terrible drone particularly when sung against the magnificent Welsh anthem.

Why oh why is it not Jerusalem? Even though I'm Scottish, that tune and its lyrics make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It's not jingoistic, it doesn't glorify a victory in war and it doesn't assume monarchic support but it does tell a story about the transformation of a country and a desire to see that country a home for everyone. It's an amazing universal tune.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #498: Jun 19, 2016 06:10:05 pm
      There's something very embarrassing and pathetic about how England continue to have God Save The Queen as it's national anthem. Saw the anthems replayed just earlier and it's a terrible drone particularly when sung against the magnificent Welsh anthem.

Why oh why is it not Jerusalem? Even though I'm Scottish, that tune and its lyrics make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It's not jingoistic, it doesn't glorify a victory in war and it doesn't assume monarchic support but it does tell a story about the transformation of a country and a desire to see that country a home for everyone. It's an amazing universal tune.

Heard the argument so many times. It's not something thats going to change.

Think we can all think of songs we like more or that are more apt.

Jerusalem is that overplayed cricket song these days, in the same its sweet chariot for daft boys rugby.  Might as well all have them all singing 3 lions or world in motion for football.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #499: Jun 20, 2016 09:24:46 am
      I defended Hodgeson in the past and called for Rooney to be dropped before, but he is a total mung bean for dropping Rooney now. Rooney has been doing well in the midfield, other than conceding a free kick that lead to Bales goal. Henderson doesn't offer enough in the middle at this level. Bertrand? What has Rose done wrong in the tournament.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #500: Jun 20, 2016 10:15:01 am
      I defended Hodgeson in the past and called for Rooney to be dropped before, but he is a total mung bean for dropping Rooney now. Rooney has been doing well in the midfield, other than conceding a free kick that lead to Bales goal. Henderson doesn't offer enough in the middle at this level. Bertrand? What has Rose done wrong in the tournament.

We can't go through the tournament playing the exact same players every game. You don't know when you're going to need the others so playing them now makes sense and it keeps the others fresh for the knockout rounds. I have no idea what the starting line up is for tonight but I had a feeling we'd drop both full backs, two or all 3 of the midfielders along with Kane and Sterling.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #501: Jun 20, 2016 01:45:13 pm

What's wrong with "God Save the Queen"?! Great song!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fLOJswWtk
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #502: Jun 20, 2016 02:29:51 pm
      We can't go through the tournament playing the exact same players every game. You don't know when you're going to need the others so playing them now makes sense and it keeps the others fresh for the knockout rounds. I have no idea what the starting line up is for tonight but I had a feeling we'd drop both full backs, two or all 3 of the midfielders along with Kane and Sterling.

6 changes in a game we need to win though?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #503: Jun 20, 2016 02:34:18 pm
      6 changes in a game we need to win though?

We don't need to win, a draw is enough and Roy loves going for a draw  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #504: Jun 20, 2016 02:35:21 pm
      We don't need to win, a draw is enough and Roy loves going for a draw  ;D

Let's hope we ain't 2-0 in the first half...bit risky this from Woy..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #505: Jun 20, 2016 02:42:37 pm
      Let's hope we ain't 2-0 in the first half...bit risky this from Woy..

I'm more concerned with Skrtel doing a number on Studge mate.  Roy doesn't do risky either so I'm guessing he's pandering to the media who have demanded a change but at least he'll have his excuses if it all goes to sh*t.

Quick Reply