Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Group B - Euro 2016 [England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia]

Read 63907 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Group B - Euro 2016 [England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia]
      Reply #644: Jun 20, 2016 10:32:44 pm
      Just looking and providing we win in the last 16, we will probably be playing Germany in the quarter final.
      If Wales get to the quarter it looks to be Italy.
      Was a minefield to work out, but I don't think Germany and Italy have shown a massive difference in quality yet.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #645: Jun 20, 2016 10:37:47 pm
      England on top until Rooney came on. 100% he will still start the next game even still.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #646: Jun 20, 2016 10:40:03 pm
      Italy or Runner-up D  v Wales or Third from A/C/D
      England or Runner up F v Germany or third from A/B/F
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #647: Jun 20, 2016 10:40:52 pm
      Just looking and providing we win in the last 16, we will probably be playing Germany in the quarter final.
      Was a minefield to work out, but I don't think Germany and Italy have shown a massive difference in quality yet.

The semi's are the soonest we could possibly get Germany mate, France would be the 1/4's.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #648: Jun 20, 2016 10:40:53 pm
      Don't we get 1 of Hungary, Iceland, Portugal and Austria? I'll take that. The difficulty comes in the 1/4's where France will no doubt be waiting.

Yeah the next round shouldn't be so difficult on paper but it pretty much guarantees one of the big boys in the quarters where as winning the group automatically seeds you to have a potentially nicer journey to the final.

England will make the quarters and no doubt play well in defeat at the quarter-finals just like they used to do virtually every tournament. It's a shame because there is some real talent in this squad but Roy is never the man to unlick them. To play the last 20 minutes tonight with Kane and Vardy up top together says it all for me. You need guile and trickery or out and out skill to break down a packed organised defence. bonkers to take off Studge when he was seeing so much more of the ball than Vardy and bringing on Kane ahead of young Rashford or even Sterling when we were desperate for somebody to run at defenders and open up some spaces was crazy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #649: Jun 20, 2016 10:42:13 pm
      The semi's are the soonest we could possibly get Germany mate, France would be the 1/4's.
      Quarters look like this to me.

Quarter Finalist 3 v Quarter Finalist 4
      Quarter Finalist 5 v Quarter Finalist 6

EDIT: I think data I worked form might have threw me off a bit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #650: Jun 20, 2016 10:43:31 pm

Just reading the possibilities on twitter (unverified). It seems that England can count themselves a bit lucky if the hardest potential opponent is Portugal and maybe Wales will get a tougher team than they deserve.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #651: Jun 20, 2016 10:55:12 pm
      Just reading the possibilities on twitter (unverified). It seems that England can count themselves a bit lucky if the hardest potential opponent is Portugal and maybe Wales will get a tougher team than they deserve.

I can't see Croatia finishing down in 3rd so I reckon they'd fancy any from Albania, Turkey & Czech Republic. You would expect Portugal to finally get it together when they play Hungary so I would fancy us against the other sides in that group (at least on paper)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #652: Jun 20, 2016 11:00:34 pm
      Quarters look like this to me.

Quarter Finalist 3 v Quarter Finalist 4
      Quarter Finalist 5 v Quarter Finalist 6

You've got the England round wrong.

Match 4 winner (Winner group A vs Third place C/D/F) and match 8 winner (Runner up Group B vs Runner up Group F) are teamed up for the quarters. Potentially France vs England.

Match 5 winner (Winner group C vs Third place A/B/F) is teamed up with match 7 winner (Winner group E vs Runner up group D) in the quarters. Potentially Germany vs Italy.

The two winners of those matches play against each other in the semi's.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #653: Jun 20, 2016 11:07:59 pm
      You've got the England round wrong.

Match 4 winner (Winner group A vs Third place C/D/F) and match 8 winner (Runner up Group B vs Runner up Group F) are teamed up for the quarters. Potentially France vs England.

Match 5 winner (Winner group C vs Third place A/B/F) is teamed up with match 7 winner (Winner group E vs Runner up group D) in the quarters. Potentially Germany vs Italy.

The two winners of those matches play against each other in the semi's.
      Would I be right in thinking Wales would get Switzerland as a likely quarter final opponent?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #654: Jun 20, 2016 11:23:05 pm
      Rooney was sh*te when he came on. Reputation over ability again, nice one Woy.

Or Maybe Rooney isn't a deep lying playmaking Center Midfielder?

Maybe Sturridge isn't a winger?

I feel like this should be figured out by now. How many qualifiers and friendly do you need to know your starting 11?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #655: Jun 20, 2016 11:25:40 pm
      I can't see Croatia finishing down in 3rd so I reckon they'd fancy any from Albania, Turkey & Czech Republic. You would expect Portugal to finally get it together when they play Hungary so I would fancy us against the other sides in that group (at least on paper)

England v Iceland would be a beautiful affair.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #656: Jun 21, 2016 12:02:33 am
      Would I be right in thinking Wales would get Switzerland as a likely quarter final opponent?

I don't think so. Here are some images to help people out with their questions...

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #657: Jun 21, 2016 12:45:46 am

"Roy.... Don't F***ing talk to me".
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #658: Jun 21, 2016 12:46:56 am

"Roy, don't F***ing talk to me."
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #659: Jun 21, 2016 01:09:43 am
      I don't think so. Here are some images to help people out with their questions...

thanks. From what I can see.. if Wales get to quarters it will be Portugal, Beguim or Italy. England probably France.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #660: Jun 21, 2016 01:10:46 am
      Was there actually any need to post this part? Exactly the comment I expect from someone else.

He knows who he is baiting.

Not surprised typical gobs***e behaviour from him.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #661: Jun 21, 2016 07:41:07 am
      No tempo, again.

Oh well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #662: Jun 21, 2016 09:10:15 am
      People are harsh to blame Hodgson, he got Wilshere wrong and corrected that.. other than this I don't think he did too badly. The fall backs didn't impact the game that much with Slovakia parking the bus. No matter what team you play, breaking a bus down is not easy. Smalling almost gifted a goal away so things could have been worse. We had a clear chance to get a penalty with Skrtel tugging and kicking at Clynne, but Clynne chose to stay on his feet. Very shocked at that. At this level, you go down... because everybody else does and there was contact.

Skrtel: Hey Clynne, do you want a penalty?
      Clynne: No thanks, I will blast it at the keeper instead.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #663: Jun 21, 2016 09:36:16 am
      Separate comment because this one is more about Wales. Congratulations for Wales. I wanted us both to progress, of course I wanted it in the other order though, as Wales runners up and England first.
      I don't think Wales played better than England. Both Russia and Slovakia tried to play football against the Welsh but parked the bus against England. England are the only unbeaten team in that group too, but enough ebout the group.. it is not important anymore.
      Wales biggest problem is they rely on Bale too much. Ramsey and Allen are good too, but most of these players are average. Bale makes everybody on the field look better... kind of like Suarez making Sterling look good.
      Bale won't get rested much in the knockout stages.

I don't have this worry for England since we don't have an excellent player like Bale, but we have a mix of good and great players instead. Everybody in our team has backup.
      I think this is very likely,

Last 16.

England v Hungary.
      Wales v Czech

Quarter Finals

England v France
      Wales v Belguim

I don't think there is a huge gulf of difference in the quality of opposition if that happens.
      Why did Ian wright say he is worried about who England will get now we finished second?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #664: Jun 21, 2016 10:06:28 am
      People are harsh to blame Hodgson, he got Wilshere wrong and corrected that.. other than this I don't think he did too badly. The fall backs didn't impact the game that much with Slovakia parking the bus. No matter what team you play, breaking a bus down is not easy. Smalling almost gifted a goal away so things could have been worse. We had a clear chance to get a penalty with Skrtel tugging and kicking at Clynne, but Clynne chose to stay on his feet. Very shocked at that. At this level, you go down... because everybody else does and there was contact.

Skrtel: Hey Clynne, do you want a penalty?
      Clynne: No thanks, I will blast it at the keeper instead.

Let me get this right.

You are defending Hodgson for starting the worst player in the squad.

But you are criticising the best player in the match Clyne for being honest?????
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #665: Jun 21, 2016 10:08:01 am
      Well done Woy, 2 draws and a last minute victory to drag the team through!

He's absolutely useless, can't stand the man.

Fair play to Wales, I have a feeling Bale is going to carry them deep into the tournament, great job Chris Coleman has done with them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #666: Jun 21, 2016 10:36:14 am
      I hope we get absolutely battered in the next game and this deluded, pathetic, fuckwit gets his marching orders immediately after the final whistle.

How this guy has conned people into thinking he knows what he's doing is beyond me.  He hasn't a F***ing clue how to set up a team to win, hasn't got a clue how or where to play his best players to get the best out of them, in fact he hasn't got a F***ing clue what their best qualities are  :mad:

Has he never watched Vardy or Leicester play this season?

Has he never watched Sturridge, Lallana and Henderson or Liverpool, ever, over the last 2 or 3 seasons?

Has he never watched Spurs or their players to see how they play?

We lost penetration and creativity when Lallana went off.

Vardy hadn't a clue what to do in a crowded penalty area, barely touched the ball once they started dropping deeper and deeper and the F***ing idiot takes Sturridge off for Kane and decides to go 442 diamond  :lmao:

No finesse, no creativity, NO F***ing IDEA  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quick Reply