Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 38833 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #184: Jun 15, 2016 02:00:30 pm
      My cousins uncles dogs granny's owners bothers nephews wifes brother also has a bar across the road from your cousin and disagrees with those events.

You're making yourself look naive lad

You only need to have gone to matches over the years to know what he is saying is right in terms of the culture

I remember going to LeMans in 2000 and was there during the England Germany game in the Euro's and what he is describing there happened that day at a racing event, the English lads got tanked up and starting singing sh*te to the Germans about ww2, then surrounded a couple from Turkish, man and woman and wouldn't let them out and singing sh*te about them stinking and all this bollocks.. Then up popped the IRA songs.. There were scuffles before half time and it was instigated by pissed up England fans.

I was in Spain on holiday when England lost to Brazil in '02 and the same happened, the games kicked off really early in the morning due to time differences, the same w*nk songs, tables got turned over when Ronaldinho scored, about a dozen England fans kicked off on these 3 German lads

It's embarrassing and for you to keep going on that the England fans wouldn't have been up to the same sh*te last week is naive mate

They think they're big, they think they're hard but all they are is embarrassing drunk tw*ts

It's not all of them but it's a big number when they get together. There were lots of stories last weekend that say England fans were up to the same before it went really bad with the Russian hardcore turning up.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #185: Jun 15, 2016 02:02:42 pm
      English football supporters need a lesson from English Rugby supporters on how to behave whilst having a drink...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #186: Jun 15, 2016 02:03:31 pm
      You're making yourself look naive lad

You only need to have gone to matches over the years to know what he is saying is right in terms of the culture

I remember going to LeMans in 2000 and was there during the England Germany game in the Euro's and what he is describing there happened that day at a racing event, the English lads got tanked up and starting singing sh*te to the Germans about ww2, then surrounded a couple from Turkish, man and woman and wouldn't let them out and singing sh*te about them stinking and all this bollocks.. Then up popped the IRA songs.. There were scuffles before half time and it was instigated by pissed up England fans.

I was in Spain on holiday when England lost to Brazil in '02 and the same happened, the games kicked off really early in the morning due to time differences, the same w*nk songs, tables got turned over when Ronaldinho scored, about a dozen England fans kicked off on these 3 German lads

It's embarrassing and for you to keep going on that the England fans wouldn't have been up to the same sh*te last week is naive mate

They think they're big, they think they're hard but all they are is embarrassing drunk tw*ts

It's not all of them but it's a big number when they get together. There were lots of stories last weekend that say England fans were up to the same before it went really bad with the Russian hardcore turning up.
      I remember going to England 2 - 3 Croatia when we lost and didn't get in Euro 2008. There was a Scottish guy in a Croatian shirt in the England end cheering like mad every time Croatia scored and at the final whistle. Nobody touched him, just thought he was as pathetic as the result we got that night. Would I then think all Scottish fans are like this? Absolutely not. He was just one man. It is amazing how people want to generalize about England only, but when other fans do stupid stuff it is branded a minority. If you went to some Eastern European matches where tear gas is used almost every week in the league, you would understand how placid our fans are when comparing to some other fans. That does not make bad fans excusable, but it people should get off the bandwagon. The media aren't even supporting it was England to blame anymore. I do know what has been going on over the years, if you name any major team I can tell you some incidents with their fans. It is only one google search away.
      Kopite78
      Reply #187: Jun 15, 2016 02:14:59 pm
      I remember going to England 2 - 3 Croatia when we lost and didn't get in Euro 2008. There was a Scottish guy in a Croatian shirt in the England end cheering like mad every time Croatia scored and at the final whistle. Nobody touched him, just thought he was as pathetic as the result we got that night. Would I then think all Scottish fans are like this? Absolutely not. He was just one man. It is amazing how people want to generalize about England only, but when other fans do stupid stuff it is branded a minority.

Not one person has said its all, don't make things up in your attempt to 'defend the poor little lambs , you have described a completely different situation to the one that everyone is using, if you don't see the different between the majority in the ground to a sizeable minority pissed up outside or away from the ground then you need to

I've been on hundreds of Liverpool aways and you just don't get the same, yes you get the odd dickhead but the nature of the songs are about Liverpool not 70 year old war or the IRA or calling people for looking Muslim.. The Liverpool aways in my time and if you talk to my old fella his time have always self policed..

The nature of that minority and then the ones who get tanked up and tag along at England aways is vicious, football has changed in the last 30 years in terms of violence, that minority of pissed up England fans hasn't

I don't need to do Google searches I've been going the match long enough, all over Europe, there is bad aways but you don't get trouble often in club football you do at international
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #188: Jun 15, 2016 02:27:34 pm
      all over Europe, there is bad aways but you don't get trouble often in club football you do at international
      is that what you really think? International just gets much more publicity.
      Kopite78
      Reply #189: Jun 15, 2016 02:29:27 pm

How many Liverpool aways you been on in Europe? Come on tell me? Don't avoid it? How many?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #190: Jun 15, 2016 02:30:32 pm
      My cousins uncles dogs granny's owners bothers nephews wifes brother also has a bar across the road from your cousin and disagrees with those events.

Stop acting like such a dick.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #191: Jun 15, 2016 02:35:03 pm
      How many Liverpool aways you been on in Europe? Come on tell me? Don't avoid it? How many?
      well not as many as you, you said you have been to hundreds. How may hundreds? I just want to calculate if you have been to every away match since 1960 or 1950. or 1940, maybe you went to every match since 1850? Unfortunately for you, it is a bogus claim since we only entered European football in 1965.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #192: Jun 15, 2016 02:38:26 pm
      well not as many as you, you said you have been to hundreds. How may hundreds? I just want to calculate if you have been to every away match since 1960 or 1950. or 1940, maybe you went to every match since 1850? Unfortunately for you, it is a bogus claim since we only entered European football in 1965.

He never stated he'd been to hundreds of European aways. Just away games.

But as usual you don't read the full post and reply with something stupid making yourself look like the complete c**t you are.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #193: Jun 15, 2016 02:40:50 pm
      He never stated he'd been to hundreds of European aways. Just away games.

But as usual you don't read the full post and reply with something stupid making yourself look like the complete c**t you are.
      It is obvious he is on about European games you idiot. He may say differently now he has been caught out, but why else would he ask me how many games in Europe I been to when we are clearly talking about Europe.
      Kopite78
      Reply #194: Jun 15, 2016 02:40:50 pm
      well not as many as you, you said you have been to hundreds. How may hundreds? I just want to calculate if you have been to every away match since 1960 or 1950. or 1940, maybe you went to every match since 1850?

I didn't just say Europe, I said aways

I've been going home and away for 25 years, not all games obviously but I've had a season ticket since '94 when I originally took my Grandads and was going to aways with my old fella since 1990/91.

It is obvious he is on about European games you idiot.

Read back I said aways

Plenty of European aways in there though

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #195: Jun 15, 2016 02:41:40 pm
      It is obvious he is on about European games you idiot. He may say differently now he has been caught out, but why else would he ask me how many games in Europe I been to when we are clearly talking about Europe.

Yeah totally obvious.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #196: Jun 15, 2016 02:43:39 pm
      I didn't just say Europe, I said aways

I've been going home and away for 25 years, not all games obviously but I've had a season ticket since '94 when I originally took my Grandads and was going to aways with my old fella since 1990/91.

Read back I said aways

Plenty of European aways in there though
      I commend that, I really do, but Liverpool v European games don't see the same trouble than in eastern European domestic leagues.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #197: Jun 15, 2016 03:24:26 pm

Sorry to have some family in Marseille including a barman my mother had on the phone this morning. I admit it's so suspect I must be a secret anti-english activist paid by Putin to tarnish your national supporters good name. Out of that happy for your cousins uncles dogs granny's owners bothers nephews wifes brother if he had no problems with drunk and racist fans, seems they stayed the other side of the street, so.

More seriously, I'm not saying english fans are particularly worse than others or desserve to be punched to death by russian ultras because they like to provoke arabs, just that in the only story from a direct witness I was told they weren't looking faultless.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #198: Jun 15, 2016 03:31:30 pm
      I commend that, I really do, but Liverpool v European games don't see the same trouble than in eastern European domestic leagues.

Your point seems to be 'yes England are bad, but have you seen them Eastern Europeans! They're far worse!' Who cares if they're worse, half of them are from backward nations, but the same old Engalnd fans are up to their usual tricks.

F***ing hell you don't even have to go the match to see it, go to a pub on a Saturday night after an England game and see how many dickheads are looking for a scrap, getting mouthy around their mates. Don't surprise me at all they got the Russians on to them with the behaviour they were showing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #199: Jun 15, 2016 06:32:08 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #200: Jun 15, 2016 07:37:03 pm
      if it carries on like this Dave will get his wish of WW3
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #201: Jun 15, 2016 09:04:57 pm
      The WC in Russia is going to be ugly.  Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the lowest attended WC in history.  After this, who the F**k wants to go a country where the government encourages nationalist hooligans to attack foreigners.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #202: Jun 15, 2016 10:58:41 pm
      I remember going to England 2 - 3 Croatia when we lost and didn't get in Euro 2008. There was a Scottish guy in a Croatian shirt in the England end cheering like mad every time Croatia scored and at the final whistle. Nobody touched him, just thought he was as pathetic as the result we got that night. Would I then think all Scottish fans are like this? Absolutely not. He was just one man. It is amazing how people want to generalize about England only, but when other fans do stupid stuff it is branded a minority. If you went to some Eastern European matches where tear gas is used almost every week in the league, you would understand how placid our fans are when comparing to some other fans. That does not make bad fans excusable, but it people should get off the bandwagon. The media aren't even supporting it was England to blame anymore. I do know what has been going on over the years, if you name any major team I can tell you some incidents with their fans. It is only one google search away.

I remember going to the same game and cringing as at least 30,000 England fans booed throughout the entirety of the Croatian National Anthem. Then I got to sit there and listen to a bunch of clueless idiots around me turn on the team at the first opportunity and fire off abuse and bile for the majority of the game, I remember one idiot berating an England player at the top of his voice for being 'off side as a throw in was about to be taken'. and then I got soacking fookin wet queing to get back to the train station. that was my first England game since seeing us beat Poland at the old Wembley 3-0 just prior to Italia 90 and I told myself it would be my last. I went to Wembley again a month or so later for the American Football and was worried i'd hear the same boos when the US national anthem was belted out before the game but then I remembered I wasn't sitting with England fans.

As a kid I LOVED the national team, Italia 90 (I was 16 at the time) was the most magical tournament and I loved England (Bobby Robson was and still is my favourite Manager ever, I would have loved him at LFC), I was just as wrapped in 96 but France 98 was the last time I can remember being truly gutted at our exit. It's a combination of the media and our fans. they embarrass the shi...t out of us all. St Georges Day, the St George cross & the National Anthem should all mean something but growing up in the 80s/90s all they really represent to me is shitty gobshi....te fans who drag the country's name through the dirt. People complain that we don't celebrate our nation/heritage properly but the skin heads and the National Front knicked the Union Jack and the England football fans took over the cross of St George. It's embarrassing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #203: Jun 15, 2016 11:57:53 pm
      I remember going to the same game and cringing as at least 30,000 England fans booed throughout the entirety of the Croatian National Anthem. Then I got to sit there and listen to a bunch of clueless idiots around me turn on the team at the first opportunity and fire off abuse and bile for the majority of the game, I remember one idiot berating an England player at the top of his voice for being 'off side as a throw in was about to be taken'. and then I got soacking fookin wet queing to get back to the train station. that was my first England game since seeing us beat Poland at the old Wembley 3-0 just prior to Italia 90 and I told myself it would be my last. I went to Wembley again a month or so later for the American Football and was worried i'd hear the same boos when the US national anthem was belted out before the game but then I remembered I wasn't sitting with England fans.

As a kid I LOVED the national team, Italia 90 (I was 16 at the time) was the most magical tournament and I loved England (Bobby Robson was and still is my favourite Manager ever, I would have loved him at LFC), I was just as wrapped in 96 but France 98 was the last time I can remember being truly gutted at our exit. It's a combination of the media and our fans. they embarrass the shi...t out of us all. St Georges Day, the St George cross & the National Anthem should all mean something but growing up in the 80s/90s all they really represent to me is shitty gobshi....te fans who drag the country's name through the dirt. People complain that we don't celebrate our nation/heritage properly but the skin heads and the National Front knicked the Union Jack and the England football fans took over the cross of St George. It's embarrassing.

It's kind of sad because England is a nation without identity unlike Scotland, Wales and Ireland. For a country with as rich a history and as varied a culture as England's that's a shame. I mean this is a country that still continues with that awful drone of a tune God Save The Queen as it's national anthem. Why? It's ridiculous, more so given the fact that the English have an amazing anthem in Jerusalem that seems to rouse everyone whatever their political opinion.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #204: Jun 16, 2016 12:20:10 am
      It seems Russian fans set off flares in the stadium and Uefa will decide in the morning what to do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #205: Jun 16, 2016 01:56:18 am
      It seems Russian fans set off flares in the stadium and Uefa will decide in the morning what to do.

I heard the bang during the game, was loud as hell. UEFA will just give them a little fine even though they've said they'll throw 'em out if they cause more trouble.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #206: Jun 16, 2016 08:23:36 am
      Those were relatively small and many other countries were in the same situation. Almost all people are agreed almost all of this in 2016 was Russian fans attacking English, French Police doing nothing and English defending thesemselves. You obviously have a big bias against England.

Germany v Ukraine, 2016... do you think this would have been different than England v Russia if it was in Marseille?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/germany-ukraine-fans-violence-lille-8175118

Italy v Serbia 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/oct/12/italy-serbia-called-off-crowd-trouble

Austria v Coatia 2008

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1025002/Euro-2008-Austria-v-Croatia--action-Vienna.html

Australia v Uraguay

http://www.eurosport.com/football/world-cup-2006-qualifying2/2006/australia-threaten-to-walk_sto779003/story.shtml

Football violence from English fans is like pillow fights compared to the stuff that goes on in Eastern European countries.
      Football violence happens at Every tournament, sometimes it involves us and sometimes it doesn't. On this occasion in Euro 2016 England fans were involved but did not start it and were far from responsible for this. Russian fans and French Police have the most to answer for. Ever since this started you have been #BlameEngland and very annoying. I am not saying English fans are blameless. I am just refusing to accept the garbage posting you keep making about English fans being the worst in the world.

Even your examples to back up your arguments where you mentioned our crowd trouble in Brazil is very one sided.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647149/More-650-Argentinian-football-hooligans-brave-life-death-planning-ambush-England-fans-World-Cup-warn-police.html

More than 650 Argentinian football hooligans 'brave beyond life and death' are planning to ambush England fans at the World Cup, warn police

Very curious, which country are you from to hate England so much?

EDIT: I see you are in Scotland. Mystery solved.

Not Scottish, just live there, I see your detective skills are as good as your grasp on reality.

I seen more fans were arrested, tear gassed and had to have police calm them in Lille. Or was that the media spinning things out of control again?

Quick Reply