Trending Topics

Next match: Bmouth v LFC [Premier League] Sat 7th Dec @ 3:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Vitality Stadium

Today is the 7th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W8 D5 L9

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 21696 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,040 posts | 5308 
      • YNWA
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #275: Jun 17, 2016 06:48:55 pm
      Moronic stuff from the Croatians. FIGHTING amongst themselves and throwing flares. Suspended disqualification coming their way no doubt.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,589 posts | 538 
      Reply #276: Jun 17, 2016 06:53:18 pm
      It's been an eventful euro2016 so far but sadly for all the wrong reasons,
      Bloody shocking,mindless & brainless.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,040 posts | 5308 
      • YNWA
      Reply #277: Jun 17, 2016 06:58:55 pm
      Sh*t. Just seen the close up of the flare exploding in the face of a steward. Disgusting.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,300 posts | 3983 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #278: Jun 17, 2016 07:14:52 pm
      Seems like this is more of an occasion for people to go and have a punch up and act like cu*ts rather than going to go and watch a massive sporting event. No need for it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,651 posts | 229 
      Reply #279: Jun 17, 2016 07:39:57 pm
      Gotta start disqualifying straight away now, this is getting shocking. Russia, although it already appears they are out, should have been thrown out and so shoukd Croatiafor this behaviour, these fans need to learn and it's the only way.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,704 posts | 366 
      Reply #280: Jun 17, 2016 07:54:26 pm
      that poor steward got blasted in the face.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,300 posts | 3983 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #281: Jun 17, 2016 08:33:45 pm
      Gotta start disqualifying straight away now, this is getting shocking. Russia, although it already appears they are out, should have been thrown out and so shoukd Croatiafor this behaviour, these fans need to learn and it's the only way.

Just instantly ban them from taking part in the next major tournament. might give them a reality check when they realise they ruined it for everyone to do with that country.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,902 posts | 2355 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #282: Jun 17, 2016 08:40:50 pm
      A UEFA statement read: "Disciplinary proceedings will be opened tomorrow once UEFA has received the official reports of the match delegate and referee...UEFA strongly condemns such acts."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,513 posts | 3813 
      Reply #283: Jun 17, 2016 11:23:55 pm
      what was in my original message was just saying most liverpool fans were from outside of Liverpool. This is just demographic facts. I posted it when I admittingly miss understood another posters point. You edited my qoute to make it look I was saying Liverpool fans from Liverpool are not knowledgable. Which is total bollocks because I never said that.

I know I was taking the piss!!

Lighten the f**k up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,513 posts | 3813 
      Reply #284: Jun 17, 2016 11:30:55 pm
      No and No.

But I don't see the evil as being portrayed.

Yes there's a few knob heads as you'd get with any large group of pissed up football fans, but for the most part with a few exceptions it all seems jovial & harmless to me.

They'll also be the same cu*ts that would laugh at fans waving copies of the sun to our fanbase and sing those gobs***e songs that chelsea and the mancs sing.

C**t behaviour is what it is.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,590 posts | 3261 
      Reply #285: Jun 18, 2016 12:28:46 am
      Seems like this is more of an occasion for people to go and have a punch up and act like cu*ts rather than going to go and watch a massive sporting event. No need for it.

That's how the eastern Europeans see it mate.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #286: Jun 18, 2016 01:33:48 am
      Not defending croatians behaviour but I will explain briefly why they did that. Croatians protested against Dinamo ZagrebĀ“s owner Mamic & co. These owners are corrupted mafiosos who are using ZagrebĀ“s money to get richer themselves and they are taking the club down. Rumours are that even Modric has a clausel in his contract that he has to pay 1/5 of his salary to Mamic until the end of his career. These mafiosos are destroying their countrys club football so badly that even ZagrebĀ“s arch rivals Hajduk Split fans have joined in to protest against Dinamo Zagreb owners. WasnĀ“t the most succesful protest but IĀ“m not judging.

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,065 posts | 1063 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #287: Jun 18, 2016 09:17:06 am
      Not defending croatians behaviour but I will explain briefly why they did that. Croatians protested against Dinamo ZagrebĀ“s owner Mamic & co. These owners are corrupted mafiosos who are using ZagrebĀ“s money to get richer themselves and they are taking the club down. Rumours are that even Modric has a clausel in his contract that he has to pay 1/5 of his salary to Mamic until the end of his career. These mafiosos are destroying their countrys club football so badly that even ZagrebĀ“s arch rivals Hajduk Split fans have joined in to protest against Dinamo Zagreb owners. WasnĀ“t the most succesful protest but IĀ“m not judging.

Sh*t way to protest, hijacking the national teams game and tarnashing your country's got nothing to do with club level dealings.

Taking it back to a basic football level, they cost their team a win, simple as that really.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #288: Jun 18, 2016 09:32:24 am
      Sh*t way to protest, hijacking the national teams game and tarnashing your country's got nothing to do with club level dealings.

Taking it back to a basic football level, they cost their team a win, simple as that really.

How did they cost their team a win? They didn't handball in the box, they didn't fail to defend properly etc.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #289: Jun 18, 2016 09:44:38 am
      In Brief.

MAJOR counter-terrorism raids taking place in Belgium right now.

40 houses and 152 garages in 16 cities have been searched by the police. 40 people were taken but 12 were arrested. They were planning to attack today at the match of the Belgian national football team.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Aanslagen-Brussel/article/detail/2748658/2016/06/18/Nieuwe-terreurcel-opgerold-12-verdachten-opgepakt-die-aanslag-beraamden-tijdens-match-Rode-Duivels.dhtml

Be safe out there people.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #290: Jun 18, 2016 09:52:51 am
      In Brief.

40 houses and 152 garages in 16 cities have been searched by the police. 40 people were taken but 12 were arrested. They were planning to attack today at the match of the Belgian national football team.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Aanslagen-Brussel/article/detail/2748658/2016/06/18/Nieuwe-terreurcel-opgerold-12-verdachten-opgepakt-die-aanslag-beraamden-tijdens-match-Rode-Duivels.dhtml

Another lone wolf?  :f_tongueincheek:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,442 posts | 1335 
      Reply #291: Jun 18, 2016 09:57:37 am
      In Brief.

Hooligans!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #292: Jun 18, 2016 10:20:55 am
      Just threw it in here because we have Irish lads who use the forum, if they or they have family out there, the rest is self explanatory.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,902 posts | 2355 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #293: Jun 18, 2016 10:34:47 am
      Know a few lads at the game, hope all goes well. Who cares about the score, as long as everyone makes it out fine.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,065 posts | 1063 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #294: Jun 18, 2016 11:26:43 am
      How did they cost their team a win? They didn't handball in the box, they didn't fail to defend properly etc.

They gave away a goal in the fourth minute of extra time when the whistle may well have gone on three minutes extra time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #295: Jun 18, 2016 12:18:15 pm
      They gave away a goal in the fourth minute of extra time when the whistle may well have gone on three minutes extra time.

The goal was scored in the 89th minute. Interesting that you used the word 'they', they weren't on the pitch so couldn't have given away any goal. The fans didn't decide to handball in the box.

If play hadn't been stopped then Czech Republic may have scored twice, Croatia may have had somebody sent off etc. At the end of the day, the Croatia players fu**ed up and dropped 2 points.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #296: Jun 18, 2016 01:59:38 pm
      The goal was scored in the 89th minute. Interesting that you used the word 'they', they weren't on the pitch so couldn't have given away any goal. The fans didn't decide to handball in the box.

If play hadn't been stopped then Czech Republic may have scored twice, Croatia may have had somebody sent off etc. At the end of the day, the Croatia players fu**ed up and dropped 2 points.
      I think the Croatian players looked quite upset with the events. It allowed for Czech to get some momentum in the game.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,065 posts | 1063 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #297: Jun 18, 2016 02:07:30 pm

My mistake, no idea why I had the 94th in my head. i don't see how my use of the word they makes any difference, the way they behaved (especially when one of their players was standing right over the firework when it exploded) could've had an effect on the way they carried on playing. So they should shoulder the blame as they were potentially to blame.

:P
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #298: Jun 18, 2016 10:35:21 pm
      So Hungary fans riot in the stadium.  They join Turkey, Croatia and Russia in teams with fans that commited major miss conduct in the stadium.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,474 posts | 463 
      Reply #299: Jun 18, 2016 10:45:07 pm
      So Hungary fans riot in the stadium.  They join Turkey, Croatia and Russia in teams with fans that commited major miss conduct in the stadium.

Miss Conduct?

She sounds sexy.

Quick Reply