Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 38291 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #69: Jun 12, 2016 05:01:38 pm
      F***ing kids chocking on tear gas for F**k sake.

Absolute joke, I just hope all those who have gone simply for what should be fun make it away safely.

Kids choking on tear gas for fucks sake is right!!
      That one statement puts everything into perspective, the gross ineptitude of UEFA who put people's lives at risk by choosing countries to host the tournaments which employ riot police as a first option.

How many F***ing reasons are needed to burn that bag of sh*te organisation into the ground??
      Currently under investigation for ingrained corruption issues and responsible for a multitude of fatalities in making deplorable decisions such as this.

Next episode in the UEFA catalogue of horror stories is to be staged in Russia!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2016 05:11:56 pm by stuey »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #70: Jun 12, 2016 05:07:30 pm
      That won't work though will it mate, all they'll do is push pissed off ticket holding tanked up England fans into the surrounding suburbs and it'll go off big time.

There's a couple of lads in the in-laws family heading over there for the Slovakia match and they've already been warned by wig heads that if they get into sh*t at a match again it'll mean they'll be looking at the moon travel slowly through bars and not the drinky ones, I guarantee it won't stop them though, they'll be kicking off big time because that's how they tick as regards football.

Someones going to die, simple as.

Good point that mate.

Also, should be worth noting that Russians are being bellends too. How are they to be expected to host a World Cup with behaviour like that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #71: Jun 12, 2016 05:10:37 pm
      Also, should be worth noting that Russians are being bellends too. How are they to be expected to host a World Cup with behaviour like that.

They paid a lot of money to get it mate, simple as. 

Oh and our brown envelopes weren't big enough and then we had the temerity to report that FIFA was corrupt in all our national press and media.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #72: Jun 12, 2016 05:19:12 pm
      That won't work though will it mate, all they'll do is push pissed off ticket holding tanked up England fans into the surrounding suburbs and it'll go off big time.

Only solution - which should be the minimum standard in the first place - is adequate police presence and efficiency of the police force.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #73: Jun 12, 2016 05:20:41 pm
      Shows the ugly side of football, when fans behave in this way. Perhaps they could be rounded up and kicked out of France, if possible.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Jun 12, 2016 05:31:35 pm
      It's amazing really that someone got into the stadium last night with a flare gun and fired it into the crowd and FIFA's statement just has thanked the security forces for there work.

Someone got into the stadium with a gun, that's not a pat on the back situation really is it?

Doesn't matter as long as FIFA get their money.

This planet amazes me more and more each day.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #75: Jun 12, 2016 05:31:37 pm
      I don't think disqualifying the team is fair. Makes them play behind closed doors, or without any of their fans watching but it's not the England players fault the fans are the worst in Europe.
      Really? still beating that old drum. England fans are nowhere near the worst in Europe.  Sick of the stupid remarks you keep making about England fans, who have had days of being targeted by French locals, Russian fans and French Police just gass them all and blame English. I guess some fans may have reacted to being tear gassed when they have done nothing wrong.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #76: Jun 12, 2016 06:09:28 pm

Kids choking on tear gas for fucks sake is right!!
      That one statement puts everything into perspective, the gross ineptitude of UEFA who put people's lives at risk by choosing countries to host the tournaments which employ riot police as a first option.

How many f**king reasons are needed to burn that bag of sh*te organisation into the ground??
      Currently under investigation for ingrained corruption issues and responsible for a multitude of fatalities in making deplorable decisions such as this.

Next episode in the UEFA catalogue of horror stories is to be staged in Russia!!!

How do you blame UEFA for the actions of supporters of Russia & England?, it's not the job of UEFA to police crowds.... That's down to the French authorities... I would not be surprised the French turned a blind eye knowing what would take place between Russian & English supporters...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #77: Jun 12, 2016 06:18:53 pm
      England fans are nowhere near the worst in Europe.

If they're not the worst they are definitely in a guaranteed Champions League spot.

How do you blame UEFA for the actions of supporters of Russia & England?, it's not the job of UEFA to police crowds....

True to an extent.

But you can certainly blame UEFA for the organisation inside the stadium but think the French authorities are having a nightmare so far.

Anyway let's hope that's it for the tournament.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #78: Jun 12, 2016 06:20:04 pm
      Add the big bang caused from a firework type explosion and it becomes ever more absurd.

England fans got their sh*t in the media the other day when Russians and French got away without being mentioned. Now people are starting to see the truth. It happened with Northern Ireland and Poland fans last night too who were all drinking and singing together until the Russians and French turned up to riot.

The fact that you tarnish everybody with the same "yob" brush shows what kind of person you are. How dare somebody stand up for themself when somebody is throwing bottles at their heads. F**k off lad.

What part did you  read where I said all the fans where the same? Pick it up whatever  way you  want I was speaking  of the media's  way of portraying poor innocent English fans enjoying  the party atmosphere  only looking for a good trip.........oh sh*te, I must have seen different coverage
      Of flares in pubs,barman beaten up in an irish pub,racist songs,stand off with riot police  all of this before  the Russians  came along, this was day one. Now if you're  blind to that  then jog on mate.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #79: Jun 12, 2016 06:22:15 pm
      If they're not the worst they are definitely in a guaranteed Champions League spot.

Like Arsenal.

It will be interesting, (not really TBH), to see the aftermath if teams are kicked out. Those fans would have no hold bard fights then.

On a side note, how sad it is we even have a topic like this to discuss.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #80: Jun 12, 2016 06:25:28 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #81: Jun 12, 2016 06:50:04 pm
      There's a lot of unrest around Europe and it's manifesting itself in violence against all Nations.

The French Police and Security Forces have had a lot on the plates planning for this Competition, dealing with a massive terrorist threat, and coping with strikes and floods more recently.  Let's just hope that an impromptu terror attack doesn't happen whilst they're chasing their tails dealing with football fans and gangs of thugs who've travelled with one thing in mind - causing carnage and more unrest.

Maybe when these type of events are happening extra help should be involved from across the Continent.  Not offered last minute when the horse has already bolted but as part of the planning from the start.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #82: Jun 12, 2016 06:56:39 pm
      Really? still beating that old drum. England fans are nowhere near the worst in Europe.  Sick of the stupid remarks you keep making about England fans, who have had days of being targeted by French locals, Russian fans and French Police just gass them all and blame English. I guess some fans may have reacted to being tear gassed when they have done nothing wrong.

I don't know how a comment I made less than 24 hours ago can be considered an 'old drum' but anyway. Yes. No other fans are consistently as poorly behaved as the English fans. It has spanned over decades and decades. This is not to say other teams fans are covering themselves in glory but have the audacity to defend these thugs by saying 'they've done nothing wrong'. That's the attitude they have, that's the attitude that gives England a bad reputation worldwide. It's always someone else's fault, the finger is always pointed at others saying 'they did this' or 'they did that'. Childish attitude Riba, grow up and open your eyes.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #83: Jun 12, 2016 07:20:29 pm
      I don't know how a comment I made less than 24 hours ago can be considered an 'old drum' but anyway. Yes. No other fans are consistently as poorly behaved as the English fans. It has spanned over decades and decades. This is not to say other teams fans are covering themselves in glory but have the audacity to defend these thugs by saying 'they've done nothing wrong'. That's the attitude they have, that's the attitude that gives England a bad reputation worldwide. It's always someone else's fault, the finger is always pointed at others saying 'they did this' or 'they did that'. Childish attitude Riba, grow up and open your eyes.
      As far as I knew last time anything like this happened with England was in France 98. I really disagree with that notion that English fans are the worst. Obviously you didn't catch the end of the game yesterday and just pick parts of the news out that suits you.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #84: Jun 12, 2016 07:25:23 pm
      It's about time people took responsibility for their own actions and don't look to blame everyone else.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #85: Jun 12, 2016 07:36:05 pm
      As far as I knew last time anything like this happened with England was in France 98. I really disagree with that notion that English fans are the worst. Obviously you didn't catch the end of the game yesterday and just pick parts of the news out that suits you.

1998, come off it there were incidents at the last major tournament too and every other one bar the 2010 world cup I think. Or are you just picking parts of the news out that suit you.

Here's an article to show I'm not just making this up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10924100/World-Cup-2014-Armed-police-step-in-to-quell-trouble-between-England-yobs-and-Brazil-fans-at-Estadio-Mineirao.html

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2016 07:36:10 pm
      Quote from reddebs
      The French Police and Security Forces have had a lot on the plates planning for this Competition, dealing with a massive terrorist threat, and coping with strikes and floods more recently.

I don't have much sympathy for them. France is a big country, their job is to police the place and guarantee everyone's safety (within reason) They've failed hopelessly at the task so far, and Isis haven't even showed up yet. They have help from foreign police forces to a limited extent, but are still not up to the job. All the guff about security checks and body searches every 100 yards, and someone got into a stadium with a flare gun!!

UEFA don't do segregation, we discovered that in 1985 and got held responsible for it. 30 years later nothing has changed, maybe they think it's like the Rugby WC you know.

As for England fans, they caused and contributed to the action in Marseille as much as anyone else. They also ransacked Marseille the last time they were there in 1998, and many other places down the years too, so they can't really lecture anyone on how rival fans should behave or what sanctions they should get. I'm aware that most of them that travel to England games are not Liverpool fans, or top division clubs in general, so for once our fans can't be held responsible for the actions, or consequences that result.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #87: Jun 12, 2016 07:37:56 pm
      How do you blame UEFA for the actions of supporters of Russia & England?, it's not the job of UEFA to police crowds.... That's down to the French authorities... I would not be surprised the French turned a blind eye knowing what would take place between Russian & English supporters...

UEFA selected France as the location, French police are infamous for heavy handed response to everything but parking tickets, once again UEFA show how completely detached they are from reality, to say nothing of sweeteners to affect decisions.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #88: Jun 12, 2016 07:53:20 pm
      UEFA selected France as the location, French police are infamous for heavy handed response to everything but parking tickets, once again UEFA show how completely detached they are from reality, to say nothing of sweeteners to affect decisions.

Choosing a host nation is done via a voting system as corrupt as it may be .....

However what must be taken into account is the winning host should be able to organise a huge tournament guaranteeing everyone's security connected to the tournament...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #89: Jun 12, 2016 08:13:49 pm
      Choosing a host nation is done via a voting system as corrupt as it may be .....

However what must be taken into account is the winning host should be able to organise a huge tournament guaranteeing everyone's security connected to the tournament...

Exactly what I implied, common sense demands that certain standards must be prioritised for the safety of all concerned, apparently UEFA has other priorities that supersede basic health and safety concerns.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #90: Jun 12, 2016 08:21:06 pm
      Exactly what I implied, common sense demands that certain standards must be prioritised for the safety of all concerned, apparently UEFA has other priorities that supersede basic health and safety concerns.

UEFA or the French government sports ministry?..
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #91: Jun 12, 2016 08:23:49 pm
      Interesting take on one scene during the day.. I've seen the video showing English fans throwing bottles and chairs, but not seen this one that shows the French locals who came and started the fight.

I'd go along with the argument that English are being targeted and much of the fighting is retaliation.

http://www.newschicken.com/euro-2016-they-started-it-video-shows-french-to-blame-for-violence-not-england-fans/

Quick Reply