Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 38787 times
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #92: Jun 12, 2016 08:26:27 pm
      With the current climate and tensions amongst England & Russia on the international stage one would think the authorities would have taken strong measure to stop the scenes we have witnessed over the past 3 days by both sets of fans...

Should have banned Alcohol sales outside of stadium and kept it indoors till match was over and fans moved to their next match venue...
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #93: Jun 12, 2016 08:27:38 pm
      With the current climate and tensions amongst England & Russia on the international stage one would think the authorities would have taken strong measure to stop the scenes we have witnessed over the past 3 days by both sets of fans...

Should have banned Alcohol sales outside of stadium and kept it indoors till match was over and fans moved to their next match venue...
      Or at least plastic tumblers only within a kilometre radius.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #94: Jun 12, 2016 09:01:51 pm
      Germany and Ukraine too now? Just shut down the tournament, send everyone home. The only distraction the armed forces or police have is whether there is another false flag operation planned.
      They're hardly occupied with buckets clearing water.
      Shitty security and planning.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #95: Jun 12, 2016 09:04:30 pm
      UEFA or the French government sports ministry?..

Both in equal measure.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #96: Jun 12, 2016 09:07:43 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #97: Jun 12, 2016 09:09:39 pm
      Germany and Ukraine too now? Just shut down the tournament, send everyone home. The only distraction the armed forces or police have is whether there is another false flag operation planned.
      They're hardly occupied with buckets clearing water.
      Shitty security and planning.

Football has been hijacked be geo politics...

What would security be like if Russia meet Ukraine at some point in the tournament?..

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #98: Jun 12, 2016 09:13:02 pm

Will you be praising UEFA & Russia as much as your attacking UEFA & the French if the Russian World Cup organisation sees no violence & hooliganism?..
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #99: Jun 12, 2016 09:37:20 pm
      Football has been hijacked be geo politics...

What would security be like if Russia meet Ukraine at some point in the tournament?..

I believe that Russian fans wouldn't be interested in fighting Ukranians. The Russian see the Ukranians as brothers, not sure the feeling is fully mutual. But doubt they would be seen as "fair game" unlike the English.

I take your point in general but weirdly I believe the fans get on fine enough. Even after recent events I think the Ukranian fans wouldn't be targeted in the way others would be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #100: Jun 12, 2016 09:41:03 pm
      Will you be praising UEFA & Russia as much as your attacking UEFA & the French if the Russian World Cup organisation sees no violence & hooliganism?..

Absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #101: Jun 12, 2016 09:42:54 pm
      Absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

:D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #102: Jun 12, 2016 09:43:50 pm

You don't praise a fish for swimming. They're supposed to keep everyone safe, they don't deserve praise should they do one of their imperative tasks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #103: Jun 12, 2016 10:38:46 pm
      Really? still beating that old drum. England fans are nowhere near the worst in Europe.  Sick of the stupid remarks you keep making about England fans, who have had days of being targeted by French locals, Russian fans and French Police just gass them all and blame English. I guess some fans may have reacted to being tear gassed when they have done nothing wrong.

It's called Karma you soft tw*t!

See the behaviour of the Russian firm, that was the English in the 70s/80s and 90s can't be F***ing crying when it comes on top for the garden furniture throwing gang of pricks.

As far as I knew last time anything like this happened with England was in France 98. I really disagree with that notion that English fans are the worst. Obviously you didn't catch the end of the game yesterday and just pick parts of the news out that suits you.

Belgium 2000

Germany 2006

The drunken yokels of the backwards towns of this country always behave like that abroad when following England.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #104: Jun 12, 2016 10:40:47 pm
      I believe that Russian fans wouldn't be interested in fighting Ukranians. The Russian see the Ukranians as brothers, not sure the feeling is fully mutual. But doubt they would be seen as "fair game" unlike the English.

I take your point in general but weirdly I believe the fans get on fine enough. Even after recent events I think the Ukranian fans wouldn't be targeted in the way others would be.

Don't be too sure, nationalist Ukranians hate Russians and vice-versa. There'd be F***ing murder if those two meet.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #105: Jun 13, 2016 07:39:21 am

Poor barstard, looks as though those few last blows did him.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #106: Jun 13, 2016 07:41:40 am

See the behaviour of the Russian firm, that was the English in the 70s/80s and 90s can't be f**king crying when it comes on top for the garden furniture throwing gang of pricks.

Belgium 2000

Germany 2006

The drunken yokels of the backwards towns of this country always behave like that abroad when following England.

I know it's 'cool' on a Liverpool FC forum for the self-loathing cu*ts to commend any acts of violence against someone from England, but justifying it as karma 3 decades later is nothing but a bad tit seeking attention.

Ironic that a Liverpool fan commends such acts - Remember Heysel ya f**king moron!

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2016 07:57:48 am by Beerbelly »
      Kopite78
      Reply #107: Jun 13, 2016 08:07:43 am

That's disgusting

Those last two kicks in the head he takes the full impact from both sides at the same time, no where for his head to go, sparks him clean out and then his face hits the floor full on

We don't see the build up but these scenes are horrible, there are some utter scum from all countries who either go looking for it or who get tanked up and decide they can take on the world when in fact they are too pissed to actually defend themselves properly

The scenes of the last few days are akin to the bad days of the 80s and that isn't a good thing, they should all be ashamed of themselves and hopefully all do some time

Some of the videos been posted there will be some serious injuries, if they don't calm it down there will be deaths

It's meant to be a football tournament ffs

Edit:

I've just seen a couple of pictures where a group of thugs are fighting over the top of two disabled people in wheelchairs who look so frightened and have no where to go and another where two Dads are running with their kids in their arms who are crying

These people should be utterly ashamed of themselves
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2016 08:24:21 am by Kopite78 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #108: Jun 13, 2016 08:26:29 am

See the behaviour of the Russian firm, that was the English in the 70s/80s and 90s can't be f**king crying when it comes on top for the garden furniture throwing gang of pricks.

Belgium 2000

Germany 2006

Pretty sure the kids who were crying off the tear gas won't understand the karma thing Huyt.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #109: Jun 13, 2016 08:29:21 am
      That's disgusting

Those last two kicks in the head he takes the full impact from both sides at the same time, no where for his head to go, sparks him clean out and then his face hits the floor full on

We don't see the build up but these scenes are horrible, there are some utter scum from all countries who either go looking for it or who get tanked up and decide they can take on the world when in fact they are too pissed to actually defend themselves properly

The scenes of the last few days are akin to the bad days of the 80s and that isn't a good thing, they should all be ashamed of themselves and hopefully all do some time

Some of the videos been posted there will be some serious injuries, if they don't calm it down there will be deaths

It's meant to be a football tournament ffs

Edit:

I've just seen a couple of pictures where a group of thugs are fighting over the top of two disabled people in wheelchairs who look so frightened and have no where to go and another where two Dads are running with their kids in their arms who are crying

These people should be utterly ashamed of themselves

I agree with you Kopite 78, the question I ask is why was this lad isolated and what happened to his mates.Why were they not around to help the lad out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #110: Jun 13, 2016 08:45:46 am
      Alcohol ban in match zones
      The French government has urged cities hosting Euro 2016 matches to ban alcohol near venues and fan zones.

It follows three days of clashes between fans and police in Marseille.

Uefa is investigating after Russia supporters appeared to rush at England fans in the stadium after their draw on Saturday. It has threatened to ban both teams if there is further fan violence.

The UK government has offered to send extra British police ahead of England's next match in Lens on Thursday.

'Totally unacceptable'

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said: "I have asked for all necessary measures to be taken to prohibit the sale, consumption and transport of alcoholic drinks in sensitive areas on match days and the day before, and on days when fan zones are open."

The ban will include public areas, as well as shops and off-licences, Mr Cazeneuve said.

Senior local officials can also ban bars and cafes from serving drinks on their terraces in containers that can be used as missiles.

"The events which took place in Marseille... are unacceptable. Unacceptable for the authorities, unacceptable for society, unacceptable for football lovers," Mr Cazeneuve said.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #111: Jun 13, 2016 10:50:35 am
      I know it's 'cool' on a Liverpool FC forum for the self-loathing cu*ts to commend any acts of violence against someone from England, but justifying it as karma 3 decades later is nothing but a bad tit seeking attention.

Ironic that a Liverpool fan commends such acts - Remember Heysel ya f**king moron!

It really is cool on here to hate England.

See the behaviour of the Russian firm, that was the English in the 70s/80s and 90s

Well i've got a few friends and family over there to watch the tournament, people who weren't even born in the 80s and were still in nappies in the 90s.

Not sure if any of them come back with their heads mashed in by crazed Russian Ultras i'd be sitting them down and explaining to them that they had it coming to them.

I know everyone on here hates England, England fans, the bull dog breed and all that, but lets hope everyone who has gone to watch the tournament with good intentions gets home safely. 'Ingerland' fans or otherwise.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #112: Jun 13, 2016 11:23:31 am
      anyone who thinks this is England supporters on the rampage just needs to spend sometime investigating what is going on.
      I am no lover of the England thug they are low life scum but they represent a tiny percentage of England supporters.
      The Police are just wading in with Tear Gas the locals are having a go and the Russians have come with a tactician.
      Now maybe some of you are not old enough to remember Hysel but that is the closest I have ever seen to it happening again.
      Every week some 500,000 English football supporters go and support the 92 league club with hardly an arrest they are well policed and fans segregated this is a shambles and its going to get worse.
      I would bring the team home now as the Russians will be waiting again for them on Weds/Thurs.
      How can FIFA possibly allow the World Cup to go to Russia now it will be carnage
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #113: Jun 13, 2016 11:23:51 am
      Russian media has praised the country’s supporters and labelled England football fans “drunk islanders” after violence broke out during their Euro 2016 match in Marseilles.

“Two hundred and fifty Russian fans repulsed an attack by several thousand English and forced them to flee,” state news service Vesti reported.

“English fans started the fight by attacking our fans, but 250 Russians from different corners of our country did not flinch and repulsed the attack of the heavily drunken islanders.”

Lawrence Nunez, the region's police commissioner, said approximately 300 Russian and 300 English fans who were “very determined” took part in the clashes, but that “police presence allowed us to intervene systematically.”

Uefa has now opened disciplinary proceedings against the Russia Football Union after crowd disturbances at the game.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/euro-2016-marseille-violence-russia-england-fans-a7077766.html
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #114: Jun 13, 2016 11:25:20 am
      It really is cool on here to hate England.
      Well i've got a few friends and family over there to watch the tournament, people who weren't even born in the 80s and were still in nappies in the 90s.

Not sure if any of them come back with their heads mashed in by crazed Russian Ultras i'd be sitting them down and explaining to them that they had it coming to them.

I know everyone on here hates England, England fans, the bull dog breed and all that, but lets hope everyone who has gone to watch the tournament with good intentions gets home safely. 'Ingerland' fans or otherwise.

this is a point I was making earlier we have had the National Identity of England stolen by a tiny minority of thugs.
      More than enough good honest people support England and I fear for their safety. this is 2016 not 1986.

Quick Reply