Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 38302 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #46: Jun 12, 2016 10:59:55 am
      If the police can't protect people then they shouldn't be hosting the tournament.

Police probably said as much.  Unfortunately the police don't run the show though - the Government and those with 'money to make' do get to decide.

Internal stadium security last night looked a complete joke.  Maybe there was a good police presence inside the ground but maybe they all had to be 'outside' the ground towards the end of the game and thus the problems emerged.

https://twitter.com/ynfa_thehub/status/741899857363865600
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Jun 12, 2016 11:13:52 am
      Police probably said as much.  Unfortunately the police don't run the show though - the Government and those with 'money to make' do get to decide.

Internal stadium security last night looked a complete joke.  Maybe there was a good police presence inside the ground but maybe they all had to be 'outside' the ground towards the end of the game and thus the problems emerged.

https://twitter.com/ynfa_thehub/status/741899857363865600

They're all just standing there and watching even after a F***ing flare is shot.

That's the rub here, it appears the police etc have spent more time preventing/preparing for terrorism than they have large groups of pissed up football fans.

France has been Anarchy for weeks/months preceding the Euro's with strikes, fighting and floods.

I've got a horrible feeling something really big is going to happen as the distractions for the French authorities is providing the perfect opportunity, hope im wrong.

Hard to think otherwise, the more information gets out.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #48: Jun 12, 2016 11:46:04 am
      "good surprise they haven't killed any excited supporter" - you f**king kidding me? If the police can't protect people then they shouldn't be hosting the tournament.

Sorry for the cynical tone. I was precisely saying France should have forgot national pride and either resigned or at least asked for foreign support to handle the event, considering the state of our security forces after 8 months of overuse and especially all the tension in the last 2 or 3.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #49: Jun 12, 2016 11:54:54 am
      Question?.... Does anyone think that FIFA will have the balls to take the World Cup 2018 away from Russia after this?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/522392/england-fans-chant-euro-2016-brexit-marseille
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2016 02:38:28 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #50: Jun 12, 2016 12:03:23 pm
      Question?.... Does anyone thing that FIFA will have the balls to take the World Cup 2018 away from Russia after this?

No. The backhanders have already been spent.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #51: Jun 12, 2016 12:23:11 pm
      In the press yesterday  before the game......
      English fans attacked  by Russian hooligan's
      English fans attacked by French thugs
      English fans attacked by French immigrants
      English  fans attacked by Marseille  Ultras
      F**k m those fans must have pissed off a few people so.
      As we all love the press it's  great to see their choice  of words "FANS"  must translate to
      "DEFENCELESS  OUT NUMBERED YOBS" caught out by  European  rivals.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #52: Jun 12, 2016 12:33:24 pm
      As we all love the press it's  great to see their choice  of words "FANS"  must translate to

How do you want to apportion the blame, then? By the numbers in hospital?

You're going to get people kicking off and you're going to get violence if you allow gangs of Ultras to advance on other groups of supporters. This is organised violence.

The French authorities should have been prepared for this, so too should UEFA. Their failure to respond has left people critically ill in hospital and the risk of further casualties has persisted even after the seriousness of the situation became known.

The police/UEFA response has been shambolic.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #53: Jun 12, 2016 12:41:25 pm
      How do you want to apportion the blame, then? By the numbers in hospital?

You're going to get people kicking off and you're going to get violence if you allow gangs of Ultras to advance on other groups of supporters. This is organised violence.

The French authorities should have been prepared for this, so too should UEFA. Their failure to respond has left people critically ill in hospital and the risk of further casualties has persisted even after the seriousness of the situation became known.

The police/UEFA response has been shambolic.

Read what I wrote. The media use of the word fans for the English and thugs,hooligan's  etc for the  others. Don't  start an I said you said load of sh*te.  They're  all in the wrong  but the media can't  just say"English Hooligan's " involved  in fighting /rioting  again.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #54: Jun 12, 2016 01:06:16 pm
      Read what I wrote. The media use of the word fans for the English and thugs,hooligan's  etc for the  others. Don't  start an I said you said load of sh*te.  They're  all in the wrong  but the media can't  just say"English Hooligan's " involved  in fighting /rioting  again.

The media have identified a English football hooligans as being partly responsible for some of the violence, but when you have a coordinated attack inside the stadium involving Russian Ultras charging England supporters en masse, how do you expect that to be reported? England thugs "involved" in violence again? If you do, that would suggest to me you favour a different kind of bias.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #55: Jun 12, 2016 01:20:10 pm
      Apparently UEFA have charged Russian FA.

Not being funny, but if this was a club, and not a country, they'd be kicked out.

Bit of bias may be here, but firing a flare into a crowd is abhorrent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: Jun 12, 2016 02:07:48 pm
      Apparently UEFA have charged Russian FA.

Not being funny, but if this was a club, and not a country, they'd be kicked out.

Bit of bias may be here, but firing a flare into a crowd is abhorrent.

Add the big bang caused from a firework type explosion and it becomes ever more absurd.

England fans got their sh*t in the media the other day when Russians and French got away without being mentioned. Now people are starting to see the truth. It happened with Northern Ireland and Poland fans last night too who were all drinking and singing together until the Russians and French turned up to riot.

The fact that you tarnish everybody with the same "yob" brush shows what kind of person you are. How dare somebody stand up for themself when somebody is throwing bottles at their heads. F**k off lad.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #57: Jun 12, 2016 02:39:36 pm
      No. The backhanders have already been spent.
      ;D... I didn't think about that  ;D
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #58: Jun 12, 2016 03:05:23 pm
      Add the big bang caused from a firework type explosion and it becomes ever more absurd.

Anyone know of a clip of that? I've seen lots of other clips but none of that huge bang. The ref even stopped and looked over in shock.. and after the game I and others were genuinely wondering if an explosion had occurred outside the stadium. It was ridiculous!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #59: Jun 12, 2016 03:17:16 pm
      I was watching the game on TV and there was a huge bang at 89 minutes, that is when England got sloppy which built up to the Russian equalizer on 91min. Roy Hodgson said the crowd trouble did not cause a distraction. I must have been watching a different England v Russia game then.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #60: Jun 12, 2016 03:48:18 pm
      UEFA threatening to ban England & Russia if violence continues...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Jun 12, 2016 03:49:00 pm
      UEFA have apparently England and Russia of disqualification if violence continues. How about France? They've been just as bad as Russia ffs! Typical UEFA bollocks. You get away with violence if you're the home nation, quality, bet the Russians can't wait for the next World Cup then.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: Jun 12, 2016 03:56:52 pm
      UEFA have apparently England and Russia of disqualification if violence continues. How about France? They've been just as bad as Russia ffs! Typical UEFA bollocks. You get away with violence if you're the home nation, quality, bet the Russians can't wait for the next World Cup then.

Shouldn't be any problems in Russia as long as you're not a foreigner, black or gay.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #63: Jun 12, 2016 03:58:45 pm

i assume you have seen the news for the last few days, with the security concerns the fans need to get a grip on themselves and show some level of responsibility and intelligence .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #64: Jun 12, 2016 04:12:07 pm
      i assume you have seen the news for the last few days, with the security concerns the fans need to get a grip on themselves and show some level of responsibility and intelligence .

Agreed.
      Kopite78
      Reply #65: Jun 12, 2016 04:14:09 pm
      This is another reason I'm not a massive fan of International football, it brings out the biggest baddest bells from each country and makes the ones who do want to support and go for the experience suffer

Bad tits

I've heard some shocking stories of families out there, both travelling and local who want to go and be part of what should be a festival of a game we all love who have either had to run in terror of violence who don't seem to be bothered who they threaten or attempt to beat or who are choking on tear gas..
      F***ing kids chocking on tear gas for F**k sake

As for the organisation and segregation in the stadiums

Absolute joke, I just hope all those who have gone simply for what should be fun make it away safely
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #66: Jun 12, 2016 04:18:06 pm
      With the current climate and tensions amongst England & Russia on the international stage one would think the authorities would have taken strong measure to stop the scenes we have witnessed over the past 3 days by both sets of fans...

Should have banned Alcohol sales outside of stadium and kept it indoors till match was over and fans moved to their next match venue...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #67: Jun 12, 2016 04:33:10 pm
      So I guess this means Russia is not going to get booted out on Tuesday then. Maybe a stadium ban for Russia fans? Can see Slovakian fans targeting both Russians and English in an attempt to get them expelled out the tournament now so they can progress automatically.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #68: Jun 12, 2016 04:37:50 pm
      I don't think disqualifying the team is fair. Makes them play behind closed doors, or without any of their fans watching but it's not the England players fault the fans are the worst in Europe.

Quick Reply