Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 38300 times
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #276: Jun 18, 2016 01:33:48 am
      Not defending croatians behaviour but I will explain briefly why they did that. Croatians protested against Dinamo Zagreb´s owner Mamic & co. These owners are corrupted mafiosos who are using Zagreb´s money to get richer themselves and they are taking the club down. Rumours are that even Modric has a clausel in his contract that he has to pay 1/5 of his salary to Mamic until the end of his career. These mafiosos are destroying their countrys club football so badly that even Zagreb´s arch rivals Hajduk Split fans have joined in to protest against Dinamo Zagreb owners. Wasn´t the most succesful protest but I´m not judging.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #277: Jun 18, 2016 09:32:24 am
      sh*t way to protest, hijacking the national teams game and tarnashing your country's got nothing to do with club level dealings.

Taking it back to a basic football level, they cost their team a win, simple as that really.

How did they cost their team a win? They didn't handball in the box, they didn't fail to defend properly etc.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #278: Jun 18, 2016 09:44:38 am
      In Brief.

MAJOR counter-terrorism raids taking place in Belgium right now.

40 houses and 152 garages in 16 cities have been searched by the police. 40 people were taken but 12 were arrested. They were planning to attack today at the match of the Belgian national football team.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Aanslagen-Brussel/article/detail/2748658/2016/06/18/Nieuwe-terreurcel-opgerold-12-verdachten-opgepakt-die-aanslag-beraamden-tijdens-match-Rode-Duivels.dhtml

Be safe out there people.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #279: Jun 18, 2016 09:52:51 am
      In Brief.

40 houses and 152 garages in 16 cities have been searched by the police. 40 people were taken but 12 were arrested. They were planning to attack today at the match of the Belgian national football team.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/36484/Aanslagen-Brussel/article/detail/2748658/2016/06/18/Nieuwe-terreurcel-opgerold-12-verdachten-opgepakt-die-aanslag-beraamden-tijdens-match-Rode-Duivels.dhtml

Another lone wolf?  :f_tongueincheek:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #280: Jun 18, 2016 09:57:37 am
      In Brief.

Hooligans!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #281: Jun 18, 2016 10:20:55 am
      Just threw it in here because we have Irish lads who use the forum, if they or they have family out there, the rest is self explanatory.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #282: Jun 18, 2016 10:34:47 am
      Know a few lads at the game, hope all goes well. Who cares about the score, as long as everyone makes it out fine.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #283: Jun 18, 2016 12:18:15 pm
      They gave away a goal in the fourth minute of extra time when the whistle may well have gone on three minutes extra time.

The goal was scored in the 89th minute. Interesting that you used the word 'they', they weren't on the pitch so couldn't have given away any goal. The fans didn't decide to handball in the box.

If play hadn't been stopped then Czech Republic may have scored twice, Croatia may have had somebody sent off etc. At the end of the day, the Croatia players fu**ed up and dropped 2 points.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #284: Jun 18, 2016 01:59:38 pm
      The goal was scored in the 89th minute. Interesting that you used the word 'they', they weren't on the pitch so couldn't have given away any goal. The fans didn't decide to handball in the box.

If play hadn't been stopped then Czech Republic may have scored twice, Croatia may have had somebody sent off etc. At the end of the day, the Croatia players fu**ed up and dropped 2 points.
      I think the Croatian players looked quite upset with the events. It allowed for Czech to get some momentum in the game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #285: Jun 18, 2016 10:35:21 pm
      So Hungary fans riot in the stadium.  They join Turkey, Croatia and Russia in teams with fans that commited major miss conduct in the stadium.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #286: Jun 18, 2016 10:45:07 pm
      So Hungary fans riot in the stadium.  They join Turkey, Croatia and Russia in teams with fans that commited major miss conduct in the stadium.

Miss Conduct?

She sounds sexy.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #287: Jun 18, 2016 11:28:10 pm
      Miss Conduct?

She sounds sexy.

And dominant....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #288: Jun 19, 2016 08:54:54 am
      Miss Conduct?

She sounds sexy.

are you sure?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #289: Jun 20, 2016 06:03:35 pm
      Croatia find for the violence and nearly blinding a Steward £77k yes just £77k what an absolute Joke UEFA are
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #290: Jun 20, 2016 07:53:57 pm
      Croatia find for the violence and nearly blinding a Steward £77k yes just £77k what an absolute Joke UEFA are

F***ing hell. A murder will probably only cost £250k.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #291: Jun 21, 2016 01:00:44 am

Walt what would have been a fair punishment in your eyes?

Not having a go at you mate but there are some unusual circumstances surrounding the Croatian situation in that a small faction of hooligans are deliberately doing all in their power to have Croatia punished and kicked out of the Euros as an act of retribution to the criminal dealings of the current Croatian FA and it's presidency.

Some facts of the matter are that the Croatian FA got wind that a small group of dickheads will be attempting to storm the field and throw flares on the pitch towards the end of the match. The FA notified local authorities and UEFA in advance hence if you watched the game and would have noticed the police moving in to create a barricade in front of the section of the fans where the flares were thrown. This was around the 80th minute mark flares were thrown some minutes later.

I am not sure what the adequate punishment is here to be honest, I am not making excuses for these scumbags but would a draconian punishment really be a fair one because of a handful of idiots?

Word is they are planning another round of disruptions in tomorrow's match against Span, I am flabbergasted as to how they got the flares in the first place. Again unofficially this was arranged prior to the game with some hooligans bragging on facebook the seat numbers where the flares were to be placed.

If these wankers can arrange for pyrotechnics to be smuggled in to a game then  God knows what else others are capable of bringing in to the stadium.
      Kopite78
      Reply #292: Jun 21, 2016 08:04:35 am

If these wankers can arrange for pyrotechnics to be smuggled in to a game then  God knows what else others are capable of bringing in to the stadium.

I think you have answered it yourself there mate.. If this is the case then either throw Croatia out of the competition if there is this element who want to make such a protest that it could become dangerous or play it behind closed doors, but then is that fair on the opposition fans? Probably not.

That isn't against Croatia at all mate, or the fans who don't want any part of it but if there is a genuine threat that it could become worse than the other night then serious sanctions should take place.

Shame really though because for the first 75minutes I was so impressed with Croatia, I thought for that period it was probably the best performance of the tournament. Modric was an absolute rolls Royce that game, beautiful to watch.. And I really like Perisic.. Complete threat all game
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #293: Jun 21, 2016 12:26:13 pm
      I think you have answered it yourself there mate.. If this is the case then either throw Croatia out of the competition if there is this element who want to make such a protest that it could become dangerous or play it behind closed doors, but then is that fair on the opposition fans? Probably not.

That isn't against Croatia at all mate, or the fans who don't want any part of it but if there is a genuine threat that it could become worse than the other night then serious sanctions should take place.

Shame really though because for the first 75minutes I was so impressed with Croatia, I thought for that period it was probably the best performance of the tournament. Modric was an absolute rolls Royce that game, beautiful to watch.. And I really like Perisic.. Complete threat all game

Umm no mate I was more eluding to the lack of body screening, searching, checking etc prior to fans entering the stadium. As I clearly stated the intent of these hooligans is not to compromise the safety of any fans rather try and overthrow the current corrupt regime through embarrassment and humiliation. I certainly felt both of those sitting there watching that unfold.

As for the actual match itself that was for 75 minutes one of the finer performances since coincidently the 98 world cup in France. With Modric coming of we took our foot of the gas and lost composure our real problem though has been the lack of quality upfront. Mandzukic is very limited in ability in my opinion and has a great degree of predictability around him he also forces us to play the ball in to the box far too many times in order to complement his "superior" aerial ability.
      Kopite78
      Reply #294: Jun 21, 2016 12:40:07 pm
      Umm no mate I was more eluding to the lack of body screening, searching, checking etc prior to fans entering the stadium. As I clearly stated the intent of these hooligans is not to compromise the safety of any fans rather try and overthrow the current corrupt regime through embarrassment and humiliation. I certainly felt both of those sitting there watching that unfold.

As for the actual match itself that was for 75 minutes one of the finer performances since coincidently the 98 world cup in France. With Modric coming of we took our foot of the gas and lost composure our real problem though has been the lack of quality upfront. Mandzukic is very limited in ability in my opinion and has a great degree of predictability around him he also forces us to play the ball in to the box far too many times in order to complement his "superior" aerial ability.

But you stated, what could they smuggle in, it goes hand in hand with the lack of security..

And it could become very dangerous because of that, the security and all round lack organisation is a separate point

I'm certainly not having a go at Croatia as a side or of the majority of the fans.

I don't think they will kick them out though at all, but this tournament is becoming embarrassing in terms of that minority element from a lot of nations who for their own reasons want to cause trouble, I have a ( albeit limited) knowledge of what's behind it with Mafioso types running the Croatian FA, but there has to be better ways than putting others at risk.

But like I say from a football POV I was very impressed, I just wish it could be just about the football.

What you think of Perisic? I'd not watched that much of him before but he's a talent
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #295: Jun 21, 2016 01:17:11 pm
      But you stated, what could they smuggle in, it goes hand in hand with the lack of security..

And it could become very dangerous because of that, the security and all round lack organisation is a separate point

I'm certainly not having a go at Croatia as a side or of the majority of the fans.

I don't think they will kick them out though at all, but this tournament is becoming embarrassing in terms of that minority element from a lot of nations who for their own reasons want to cause trouble, I have a ( albeit limited) knowledge of what's behind it with Mafioso types running the Croatian FA, but there has to be better ways than putting others at risk.

But like I say from a football POV I was very impressed, I just wish it could be just about the football.

What you think of Perisic? I'd not watched that much of him before but he's a talent

Let's talk football then.

I rate Perisic very highly and I think he would be an awesome addition to our squad with his pace and technique. It will not happen though as Klopp signed and tried him at Dortmund and it didn't work out well for him. Klopp brought him in from the Belgian league where he was top scorer the previous season and tried to play him often in the number ten role and not his preferred position on the wing. At the time Kagawa was emerging as one of the best number ten's in Europe and Perisic dropped down the pecking order eventually growing frustrated and falling out with Jürgen.

He had a couple of good seasons at Wofsburg before moving to where he is now at Inter and I think has grown to be at the top of his game there. In addition to his power and speed he has added a lot of technique to his game making him a danger man for anyone's side. He basically carried us through the qualifiers in terms of goals and assists. Really pleased to have him peaking for us at the Euro's.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #296: Jun 21, 2016 03:17:25 pm
      Euro 2016: France expels Russia far-right fan chief Shprygin
      The far-right leader of the Russian footballer supporters' association is being thrown out of France following violence at the England-Russia Euro 2016 match in Marseille.

Alexander Shprygin is among 20 Russian fans being deported.

They were detained on Tuesday while travelling from Marseille to Lille to watch Russia face Slovakia.

The arrests angered Moscow, who summoned the French ambassador in protest.

Mr Shprygin's All-Russia Supporters Union is backed by the Kremlin. He is reported to hold far-right views and has been photographed giving a Nazi salute.

Russia and England fans clashed before and after the two teams played on Saturday.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36546183

I did a search for the gentleman, came up with this.

And this...

He looks like a c**t.

Quick Reply