Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Group D - Euro 2016 [Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Czech Republic]

Read 15457 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Group D - Euro 2016 [Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Czech Republic]
      Reply #92: Jun 21, 2016 11:34:06 pm
      Delighted i'm on Belgium @ 10/1. They're now in the top half with Poland, Switzerland, Wales, Croatia and two 3rd place teams. They will face first from F, i believe and then the winner of Wales v a 3rd place team.

Looking at that list, Croatia are going to the final I believe. Great night for Dadorious and co. Incredible how Croatia have just got better and better the last three years. I remember Scotland beating them in Zagreb in a qualifier three years ago and it was a truly horrific match from both sides but I was just so surprised at how poor Croatia were. But now they look brilliant. What a turnaround.

And fully deserved for Croatia tonight. First team to actually come out and play Spain and they showed the vulnerabilities that the Spaniards do have. Didn't show them the sort of respect the Czechs or Turkey. Spain always have a tendency to turn to the ref when things are getting tough - well suck on it. Croatia believed they were the better team, played like the better team and got the result they deserved. Croatia creating the story in France once again! It's 1998 all over again!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #93: Jun 21, 2016 11:54:33 pm
      Looking at that list, Croatia are going to the final I believe. Great night for Dadorious and co. Incredible how Croatia have just got better and better the last three years. I remember Scotland beating them in Zagreb in a qualifier three years ago and it was a truly horrific match from both sides but I was just so surprised at how poor Croatia were. But now they look brilliant. What a turnaround.

Any of them could do something in the top half. Poland have been very solid, Switzerland are just missing a spark in attack and Wales have Joe Allen.

10/1 on the 2nd ranked team in the world though, i'm happy with that.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #94: Jun 22, 2016 12:09:08 am
      Get the f**k in!

Best part nobody absolutely nobody can take that away from us well deserved win, 5 changes to side no Modric, full strength Spanish team.

Very Fukn proud to top that group!!

Always had a soft spot for Croatia since I saw them at France '98. Happy for you mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #95: Jun 22, 2016 12:57:22 am
      Always had a soft spot for Croatia since I saw them at France '98.

Davor Suker chipping Schmeichel in Euro 96 for me ;)

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #96: Jun 22, 2016 02:34:23 am
      Thanks lads.

Absolutely buzzing today after that result, watched a lot of the games in this Euro and hand on heart have struggled to pick out a side that has played as well as we have so far.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #97: Jun 22, 2016 07:49:58 am
      What a great game that was! Looking forward to a semi-final Belgium-Croatie :)

Quick Reply