Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Group F - Euro 2016 [Portugal, Austria, Iceland, Hungary]

Read 27917 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Group F - Euro 2016 [Portugal, Austria, Iceland, Hungary]
      Reply #69: Jun 22, 2016 06:53:58 pm
      Thank god. Iceland. I feel better now.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #70: Jun 22, 2016 06:54:56 pm
      Damn, I was hoping Portugal vs England and for the Portuguese to win :(
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #71: Jun 22, 2016 06:58:36 pm
      So who do Portugal face now? Would love for them to be dumped out..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: Jun 22, 2016 06:59:05 pm

Really Keith?  I hate playing teams like that.

They can go either way and you just know Roy will over think and over complicate things by being too conservative and cautious or too gung ho.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #73: Jun 22, 2016 07:14:15 pm
      Unbelievable heroics by Iceland there! Gutted I had that tame end to the Hungary v Portugal match on my screen. I thought Iceland wouldn't score...but they did!

I think Iceland will take England to extra time. If England's inability to break sides down is anything to go by then we could be in for a long night on Monday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #74: Jun 22, 2016 07:17:04 pm
      Really Keith?  I hate playing teams like that.

They can go either way and you just know Roy will over think and over complicate things by being too conservative and cautious or too gung ho.

Problem is those Debs you just know Ronaldo would of had us over if we'd of played them.  :( Agree about Woy though. Never rated him, still don't.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: Jun 22, 2016 07:20:04 pm
      Problem is those Debs you just know Ronaldo would of had us over if we'd of played them.  :( Agree about Woy though. Never rated him, still don't.

Well the good thing is if England go out to Iceland then I'd love to see Hodgson's excuse to the media. A Ronaldo inspired Portugal victory would be too easy an excuse for the master of bullshit and would probably be bought by those geriatric pricks in the FA giving him another two years of miserable football.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #76: Jun 22, 2016 07:24:43 pm
      Would have loved to have seen the orange ladyboy knocked out.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #77: Jun 22, 2016 07:35:42 pm

Well you know our feelings on the man mate. 

After all the stick we got from other clubs fans for never welcoming him as our Manager, for knowing before he arrived he was totally wrong for us and for driving him out, it's nice that his inadequacies are being played out on the world stage, showing once again that we are the most knowledgeable football in the world  ;D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #78: Jun 22, 2016 07:36:41 pm
      Well the good thing is if England go out to Iceland then I'd love to see Hodgson's excuse to the media. A Ronaldo inspired Portugal victory would be too easy an excuse for the master of bullshit and would probably be bought by those geriatric pricks in the FA giving him another two years of miserable football.

They're probably lining up Southgate to maintain the continuity mate  :action-smiley-060:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #79: Jun 22, 2016 07:56:05 pm
      Well you know our feelings on the man mate. 

After all the stick we got from other clubs fans for never welcoming him as our Manager, for knowing before he arrived he was totally wrong for us and for driving him out, it's nice that his inadequacies are being played out on the world stage, showing once again that we are the most knowledgeable football in the world  ;D
      I think Hodgeson is gone no matter what. If we win the Euro he will retire on top of his perch. If we don't win, starting Sterling against Russia and Wilshere against Slovakia will see him sacked. I hear people give him credit for putting Rooney on early in second half instead of Wilshere, but it think he took a lot of stick for not making a change for Sterling against Russia. Coming into a tournament not knowing the first 11 has no excuses.

If we won the group and went all the way it would probably be,

Last 16 v Northern Ireland.
      QF v Belgium       Highest ranked in Europe
      Semi v Croatia  Coatia beat spain
      Final v Germany

If we are to get to the final it will now probably be.

Last 16 v Iceland
      QF v France    Probably the worst French side in years with added pressure of being the home nation.
      Semi v Germany  Would have had to play anyway.
      Final v Belgium  would have had to play anyway.

Other than teams in different order, there is not a whole lot of difference for us or Wales.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016 08:20:45 pm by Ribapuru »
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #80: Jun 22, 2016 09:20:12 pm
      Before I judge that reaction, what did the reporter say to him?

EDIT: TV said he was asked about tonight's game. I think he Ronaldo should be arrested.

That journalist works for a paper that is the equivalent of the sun in the UK. Even worse. They also printed stuff about his family and his sons mother and how he used an egg and a womb from 2 separate women. he sued them and won. They are scum of the earth. He never answers their questions in press conferences. They literally are like Paparazzi without limits. They took pictures of a 3 year old girls funeral apparently. Utter scum of the earth.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #81: Jun 22, 2016 10:25:50 pm
      Tonight showed why some people (I'm not one of them!) consider Ronaldo the best in the world.

He absolutely dragged Portugal through tonight, they are absolutely sh*te and should be out, make no mistake. Won't get much further though and Bale is showing how a superstar can also be part of a team, which Ronaldo will never do or understand.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #82: Jun 22, 2016 10:31:18 pm
      Tonight showed why some people (I'm not one of them!) consider Ronaldo the best in the world.

He absolutely dragged Portugal through tonight, they are absolutely sh*te and should be out, make no mistake. Won't get much further though and Bale is showing how a superstar can also be part of a team, which Ronaldo will never do or understand.

I don't know myself. Personally thought he was just some guy who got two goals in what appeared to be a free for all goals afternoon. I actually think England would have beaten Portugal in the next round because with Ronaldo on the field they would have to play a bit more advanced that they did in the pre tournament friendly at Wembley. England's attack would easily pick off that truly bang average defence of theirs.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #83: Jun 22, 2016 10:36:29 pm
      I don't know myself. Personally thought he was just some guy who got two goals in what appeared to be a free for all goals afternoon.

Easy to say but without him Portugal would be heading home no doubt. Also assisted the other. To me it seemed he wasn't ever going to allow Portugal (scratch that....himself) leave early from the tournament. All I'm getting at is that I think that's why some regard him as the best in the world, there's no denying his level of commitment to winning, it's only surpassed by Suarez in world football imo, but with Ronaldo it's all for his ego, Suarez it's all for the team.

Also think Woy is extremely lucky because had Iceland not scored I've no doubt Portugal would have turned us over!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #84: Jun 22, 2016 10:44:28 pm
      Easy to say but without him Portugal would be heading home no doubt. Also assisted the other. To me it seemed he wasn't ever going to allow Portugal (scratch that....himself) leave early from the tournament. All I'm getting at is that I think that's why some regard him as the best in the world, there's no denying his level of commitment to winning, it's only surpassed by Suarez in world football imo, but with Ronaldo it's all for his ego, Suarez it's all for the team.

Also think Woy is extremely lucky because had Iceland not scored I've no doubt Portugal would have turned us over!!

Woy might be a plonker but as FMS has intimated at least England play as a team unlike Portugal with their utter reliance on ladyboy.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #85: Jun 22, 2016 11:41:43 pm
      Would have loved to have seen the orange ladyboy knocked out.

Don't worry mate next round he's going home. :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #86: Jun 23, 2016 04:41:10 pm
      Enjoyed that Portugal - Hungary game yesterday, probably have it up there with the England - Wales game as the best games of the tournament so far.

Quick Reply