Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)

Read 22768 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)
      Reply #92: Jun 23, 2016 07:25:33 pm
      10m sounds about right to me if this kid's really good enough to have turned Klopp's eye.

Why are you concerned with the price? We should have plenty of money to spend.

I am not overly concerned with it, because I know Klopp will pay for a player only if he thinks if it is worth it. Personally, I am the most relaxed over our transfers than I have been in awhile. I have my full faith in Klopp which I could not say the exact same with Rodgers because he spent so much and a lot of players did not work out.

The reason I brought up the price is that going from a 7M valuation to a 10M valuation is a lot more than just a 3M jump in price (hence why I brought percentages into it). If Klopp thinks he is worth 7M but not 10M then I agree with the decision to not buy the kid and vise versa.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #93: Jun 23, 2016 07:55:47 pm
      I am not overly concerned with it, because I know Klopp will pay for a player only if he thinks if it is worth it. Personally, I am the most relaxed over our transfers than I have been in awhile. I have my full faith in Klopp which I could not say the exact same with Rodgers because he spent so much and a lot of players did not work out.

The reason I brought up the price is that going from a 7M valuation to a 10M valuation is a lot more than just a 3M jump in price (hence why I brought percentages into it). If Klopp thinks he is worth 7M but not 10M then I agree with the decision to not buy the kid and vise versa.

So you let Klopp think for you? Hopefully no offense to you  but I'm able to think for myself and make my own estimations.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #94: Jun 23, 2016 08:03:30 pm
      So you let Klopp think for you? Hopefully no offense to you  but I'm able to think for myself and make my own estimations.

Think the better question should be FL...would you take your (or any of us) judgement on a player as more informed than the manager.

Opinions are just wonderful except for the fact that in relative terms we all know very very little compared to Jürgen, Krawietz & Buvac.

Though many on here would like to think so, I doubt it very much the truth.

So as a member of the forum I don't think Poko is wrong in trusting what the manager thinks over any of us; and he is not really allowing Klopp to think for him...its more a matter of him having faith/trust in the managers knowledge of football matters over his own.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #95: Jun 23, 2016 08:05:19 pm
      Think the better question should be FL...would you take your (or any of us) judgement on a player as more informed than the manager.

Opinions are just wonderful except for the fact that in relative terms we all know very very little compared to Jürgen, Krawietz & Buvac.

Though many on here would like to think so, I doubt it very much the truth.

So as a member of the forum I don't think Poko is wrong in trusting what the manger thinks over any of us.

So every single decision made by Klopp (transfer or otherwise)  over the years has been correct?

I can trust that because he knows more than I ever could that he's likely right  on things, but does that mean I still can't have a contrary opinion?

Sorry if  I don't think this kid from Leicester is the answer to our LB problems (and if I don't think Moreno is either).
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #96: Jun 23, 2016 08:06:26 pm
      So every single decision made by Klopp (transfer or otherwise)  over the years has been correct?

I can trust that because he knows more than I ever could that he's likely right  on things, but does that mean I still can't have a contrary opinion?

No FL...no manager or person is 100% correct, lets just say in footballing matter his % chance of being correct is probably greater than any one of ours no?

And no...you can think for yourself and have your own opinions..but don't tell the rest of us we are mindless Kloppites because we trust the manager to do whats right.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #97: Jun 23, 2016 08:10:49 pm
      No FL...no manager or person is 100% correct, lets just say in footballing matter his % chance of being correct is probably greater than any one of ours no?

And no...you can think for yourself and have your own opinions..but don't tell the rest of us we are mindless Kloppites because we trust the manager to do whats right.

Plenty trusted Brendan to do what's right too...how'd that workout?

Plenty trusted Moreno to do what was right at Chelsea and LVG at Man United and Rafa at Real.....point is, no one is infallible and if we aren't allowed to discuss our opinions then what's the use of having a forum? 

This place can be like RAWK where if you don't toe the party line, then you get banned.

If I think people are being mindless drones, then I'll call a spade a spade and say it and in this case, as much as I like Klopp, he's not perfect (nor will he ever be) so I think it's fair to discuss whether or not his transfer strategy is on point.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #98: Jun 23, 2016 08:15:00 pm
      If I think people are being mindless drones, then I'll call a spade a spade and say it and in this case

Some people may call others arrogant assholes if we call a spade a spade but it's probably best if we all be a bit cordial within the forum to members that are obviously not WUM's and are just expressing they're opinions no?

This place can be like RAWK where if you don't toe the party line, then you get banned.

Honestly I cannot remember one poster banned on this forum for expressing an opposing opinion, only those getting out of line repeatedly after being warned or being a total WUM have ever gotten the axe....If just not towing the company line was a reason for getting banned then the forum would be about 1/2 it's current size.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #99: Jun 23, 2016 08:22:34 pm
      Some people may call others arrogant assholes if we call a spade a spade but it's probably best if we all be a bit cordial within the forum to members that are obviously not WUM's and are just expressing they're opinions no?

Honestly I cannot remember one poster banned on this forum for expressing an opposing opinion, only those getting out of line repeatedly after being warned or being a total WUM have ever gotten the axe....If just not towing the company line was a reason for getting banned then the forum would be about 1/2 it's current size.

I didn't say anyone got banned, my point was if we aren't allowed to discuss our opinions then this place will  turn into RAWK where you can't have  any dissent whatsoever.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #100: Jun 23, 2016 08:31:49 pm
      I didn't say anyone got banned, my point was if we aren't allowed to discuss our opinions then this place will  turn into RAWK where you can't have  any dissent whatsoever.

But I was not speaking about your point of view FL..you get defensive if somebody disagrees with your right to post your opinions but another poster has his opinion and he get's called a mindless drone?

Your pretty quick to defend your right to your opinion but if another members opinion is he trust the manger then he is basically a mindless idiot.

He discussed his opinion in a courteous way and got his sh*t jumped.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #101: Jun 23, 2016 08:39:52 pm
      But I was not speaking about your point of view FL..you get defensive if somebody disagrees with your right to post your opinions but another poster has his opinion and he get's called a mindless drone?

Your pretty quick to defend your right to your opinion but if another members opinion is he trust the manger then he is basically a mindless idiot.

He discussed his opinion in a courteous way and got his sh*t jumped.

You must be new here....go check out any thread where any of us advocate buying quality or saying that we aren't happy with our transfer targets and see who gets their sh*t jumped. Can't believe you'd even type that. :D

Not to mention you are missing a key point....someone can attack my opinion on a player or the manager or whatever all day long, just as I'll debate their opinion...that's what we are here for....but to say I  shouldn't post my opinion at all because "I should trust Klopp" or "It's the way Klopp's always done it" or "You have to give him an entire season", etc....that's different. And if you can't understand the difference then we are done here. 

I'm saying, if you like a transfer target, then tell us why, not "Well Klopp likes him so he must be good". And if I give reasons why I'm skeptical, don't tell me "Well Klopp likes him so I'll trust him". That tells me that you don't know anything about him and are just mindlessly following whatever Klopp says. You see there is no real debate about players and how they fit....there's just debate about whether we should trust Klopp or not. I think it's established that he's worthy of trust....but that has nothing to do with debating the player himself based on what we know (or don't know) of him.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #102: Jun 23, 2016 08:51:02 pm
      You must be new here....go check out any thread where any of us advocate buying quality or saying that we aren't happy with our transfer targets and see who gets their sh*t jumped. Can't believe you'd even type that. :D

Not to mention you are missing a key point....someone can attack my opinion on a player or the manager or whatever all day long, just as I'll debate their opinion...that's what we are here for....but to say I  shouldn't post my opinion at all because "I should trust Klopp" or "It's the way Klopp's always done it" or "You have to give him an entire season", etc....that's different. And if you can't understand the difference then we are done here. 

I'm saying, if you like a transfer target, then tell us why, not "Well Klopp likes him so he must be good". And if I give reasons why I'm skeptical, don't tell me "Well Klopp likes him so I'll trust him". That tells me that you don't know anything about him and are just mindlessly following whatever Klopp says. You see there is no real debate about players and how they fit....there's just debate about whether we should trust Klopp or not. I think it's established that he's worthy of trust....but that has nothing to do with debating the player himself based on what we know (or don't know) of him.

Again and we will just agree to disagree as I think you missed my point entirely in that you can do all you want to do in discussing and or debating your opinions without getting into the gutter.

I trust the managers implicitly; that is my opinion so I guess I am just a mindless drone.

All the discussions that those of us of this mindset ( I am really thinking of Debs here) go back/forth with the posters that have similar opinions to yourself.

Don't remember myself, Debs, Luke or any other longtime poster calling you out with derogatory names.

Your opinion is there for all to see...nobody has restricted you, nobody has mocked you..those opposed to your opinion debate you.

Poko has an opinion...yet he in your mind is a fool...and your going to call a spade a spade because you've got the right to do so.

How exactly is Poko's opinion or mindset any less valuable than your own?

Save the vitriol for the real Wum's that come and visit us from time to time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #103: Jun 23, 2016 09:25:29 pm

Again and we will just agree to disagree as I think you missed my point entirely in that you can do all you want to do in discussing and or debating your opinions without getting into the gutter.

I trust the managers implicitly; that is my opinion so I guess I am just a mindless drone.

All the discussions that those of us of this mindset ( I am really thinking of Debs here) go back/forth with the posters that have similar opinions to yourself.

Don't remember myself, Debs, Luke or any other longtime poster calling you out with derogatory names.

Your opinion is there for all to see...nobody has restricted you, nobody has mocked you..those opposed to your opinion debate you.

Poko has an opinion...yet he in your mind is a fool...and your going to call a spade a spade because you've got the right to do so.

How exactly is Poko's opinion or mindset any less valuable than your own?

He doesn't have an opinion, he said so himself. He's happy with whatever Klopp decides. That's the opposite of having an opinion. And where did I ever point out you, Debs or Luke? You must be the sensitive one to be naming names and including yourself. Discussion and debate is what's fun on the forum, and it's the only way to learn anything (if you aren't actively trying to quell actual debate). If your "opinion" is to just go with whatever the manager says, what funis that and what value does it add to the debate?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #104: Jun 23, 2016 09:27:48 pm

Sorry mate but that really, really isn't true.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #105: Jun 23, 2016 09:30:23 pm
      Sorry mate but that really, really isn't true.
      No? I'll take your word for it but the times I've lurked there it sure seemed like that. Maybe I should check it out again then and join up ;D

Also understand I'm not saying THIS place is like that, I'm saying this place could be like that if the shouters had their way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #106: Jun 23, 2016 09:33:11 pm

Not even close. Over there you can get banned just for posting in the wrong thread!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #107: Jun 23, 2016 09:33:48 pm
      So anyhows... this Ben kid - I assume he's well thought of: by both Leicester and ourselves. 
      Let's pretend we accept reports that 1: Leicester want £10m and 2: Jürgen (not the "money men"; not Ayre it seems) has offered  £7m.
      It follows that there must be a cut off; a point at which this highly regarded kid's ability stops being worth it... presumably  £7m.

Personally speaking; I don't buy that notion (as clearly stated above) that Jürgen is in charge of the financial side of transfers - in fact I think it's total bollocks but let's accept he is...

Would Jürgen really want to sign a player who is only good enough to play for Liverpool at £7m but not £8m?

For you see: for all the talk about percentages... if the maximum value attached to Ben really is £7m then, logic dictates, 'Jürgen'
      (not the "money men"; not Ayre) could not go a single penny more. And... if 'Jürgen' really has maxed out, at 7 then the percentage difference between 7 and 10 becomes irrelevant.

It's not like Leicester are holding out for £49m for a 19 year old because that would be greedy  right?

I guess it's a judgement call but I, honestly? don't see the point in signing someone who's ability is measured at £7m and not a penny more.

I hope this ain't too garbled... pills are kicking in (and I'm not even at Glasto this year)  :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #108: Jun 23, 2016 09:34:57 pm
      Not even close. Over there you can get banned just for posting in the wrong thread!

That's my point, this place isn't like that but it would be if some had their way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #109: Jun 23, 2016 09:36:20 pm
      It's not like Leicester are holding out for £49m for a 19 year old because that would be greedy  right?

That 19 year old was a first team regular who wanted out, so different argument altogether!!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #110: Jun 23, 2016 09:41:42 pm
      That 19 year old was a first team regular who wanted out, so different argument altogether!!

So... if Leicester  were to ask 49m it would be greedy - that's the 'argument'.    ;)

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #111: Jun 23, 2016 09:45:51 pm
      That's my point, this place isn't like that but it would be if some had their way.

Paranoid much?

He doesn't have an opinion, he said so himself. He's happy with whatever Klopp decides. That's the opposite of having an opinion.

Actually his opinion is that he trusts the managers judgement.

And where did I ever point out you, Debs or Luke? You must be the sensitive one to be naming names and including yourself

Just made an assumption as we are some of the most vocal Klopp bandwagon drones and seeing how its sounds you are always being attacked for your views in an attempt to drown out your opinions...like I said can't remember people calling you things like mindless drone or things like that...but it's OK you just go ahead and call a spade a spade.

Discussion and debate is what's fun on the forum, and it's the only way to learn anything (if you aren't actively trying to quell actual debate). If your "opinion" is to just go with whatever the manager says, what funis that and what value does it add to the debate?

Well there seems to be quite a debate between the mindless drones and the more intellectual side such as yourself so I guess actual debate is not being quelled and seeing how it has been going on for quite some time there must be some fun in it and it must be adding to said debate seeing how its still happening.

Now on to Chilwell...If the manger want's him for 7 million but not for 10 then his mindless zombie army supports his decision whatever it is.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2016 10:12:02 pm by AZPatriot »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #112: Jun 23, 2016 09:49:00 pm
      No? I'll take your word for it but the times I've lurked there it sure seemed like that. Maybe I should check it out again then and join up ;D

Also understand I'm not saying THIS place is like that, I'm saying this place could be like that if the shouters had their way.

Ah. My point was that RAWK is totally like that and this place isn't.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #113: Jun 23, 2016 09:52:23 pm
      Ah. My point was that RAWK is totally like that and this place isn't.
      Yep and hopefully it stays that way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #114: Jun 23, 2016 09:52:52 pm
      So... if Leicester  were to ask 49m it would be greedy - that's the 'argument'.    ;)

It isn't though, no one's hardly seen him play, unlike Sterling who was being talked off as "wonderkid" and had been playing what 2-3 seasons in the first team etc which is why we could ask for £49 million.

Watford asking Leicester for £30 million for Troy Deeney is that 'greedy' too?

Or is it just the way transfer fees have escalated in the prem to absolute stupid proportions.

Quick Reply