Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)

Read 22766 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)
      Reply #115: Jun 23, 2016 10:08:59 pm
      It is though... or at least it was mine -  I don't think that Leicester asking 10m for a player they rate is either greedy or unreasonable.

Leicester aren't asking 49m for him. If they were to they would be greedy (given his lack of experience as you so rightly pointed out).

You are right tho'; your "argument" was indeed different from mine... I think... I'm too wiped to be sure.

I'm off to my scratcher now, catch you all tomorrow.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #116: Jun 23, 2016 10:27:08 pm
      It is though... or at least it was mine -  I don't think that Leicester asking 10m for a player they rate is either greedy or unreasonable.

Leicester aren't asking 49m for him. If they were to they would be greedy (given his lack of experience as you so rightly pointed out).

You are right tho'; your "argument" was indeed different from mine... I think... I'm too wiped to be sure.

I'm off to my scratcher now, catch you all tomorrow.

:laugh: to be fair I'm not even following any of the transfer dealings/gossip sh*t until the Euro's are over.

Have a good night ;)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #117: Jun 24, 2016 11:14:52 am
      Looks like Hull have slapped a £12m price tag on Robertson.

So, what now? Echo will AGAIN report that "LFC wont pay £12m for Robertson" and "the transfer committee" will go back to Leicester for Chilwell with their tails between their legs? Not willing to pay is one thing, but putting that in your tabloid is another. I really don't understand the people at the helm responsible for transfers!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #118: Jun 24, 2016 11:23:28 am

So, what now? Echo will AGAIN report that "LFC wont pay £12m for Robertson" and "the transfer committee" will go back to Leicester for Chilwell with their tails between their legs? Not willing to pay is one thing, but putting that in your tabloid is another. I really don't understand the people at the helm responsible for transfers!

I read the other day that we're interested in a LB from Atletico Mineiro, surname Santos but can't remember his full name.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #119: Jun 24, 2016 11:47:26 am

I would like to see us bite at 12m. Young Scottish player of the year, then joined Hull in the PL and had some rave reviews, drops down to Championship and has a very good season and gets promoted... 12m is a damn good price imo.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #120: Jun 24, 2016 11:59:34 am
      I would like to see us bite at 12m. Young Scottish player of the year, then joined Hull in the PL and had some rave reviews, drops down to Championship and has a very good season and gets promoted... 12m is a damn good price imo.

Cant overly disagree.

But I'm just disgusted at the attitude shown by the transfer gurus, and the go-ahead given to Pearce to publish that in Echo. 10m or 12m, for god's sake, move on if you don't wanna pay. Don't look like an idiot cos you openly said you wont pay 10m and look into the next target who now costs 12m!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #121: Jun 24, 2016 01:21:30 pm
      Cant overly disagree.

But I'm just disgusted at the attitude shown by the transfer gurus, and the go-ahead given to Pearce to publish that in Echo. 10m or 12m, for god's sake, move on if you don't wanna pay. Don't look like an idiot cos you openly said you wont pay 10m and look into the next target who now costs 12m!

The lad who will cost 10m hasn't played a Premier League game and has just 11 Championship Games and 2 FA Cup games to his name (he looked very average in those FA Cup games too). Who said we're only willing to spend a max of £10m on a left back? Nobody!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #122: Jun 24, 2016 01:37:55 pm
      The lad who will cost 10m hasn't played a Premier League game and has just 11 Championship Games and 2 FA Cup games to his name (he looked very average in those FA Cup games too). Who said we're only willing to spend a max of £10m on a left back? Nobody!

No, no one did....but if we are willing to spend more, why are we targeting someone that you have just characterized as bang average?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #123: Jun 24, 2016 01:50:23 pm
      No, no one did....but if we are willing to spend more, why are we targeting someone that you have just characterized as bang average?

I have no idea mate. Maybe it's the prospect of making him into a top player? Klopp likes coaching after all. With LB being such a pressing matter though I was hoping we'd bring in some experience.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #124: Jun 24, 2016 01:54:34 pm
      I have no idea mate. Maybe it's the prospect of making him into a top player? Klopp likes coaching after all. With LB being such a pressing matter though I was hoping we'd bring in some experience.

Have to agree with you there. I don't mind targeting some youth players to bring up, but it would seem that LB is pretty important to our defensive success and we should bring in someone that's ready to  go  right now, I guess maybe Jürgen sees it differently :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #125: Jun 24, 2016 02:07:05 pm

Here, this is where I'm concerned. It is well-documented that we are after a young LB who will be nurtured by Klopp. If we're willing to go higher, the ideal solution is to get Rodriguez for 18m  ;D

But again, this is what confuses me mate. Was Chilwell the primary target because of his skills and promise or because his contract expires next year? Just for argument's sake, if the committee decides Robertson at 12m is a better prospect than Chilwell at 10m, why not go for Robertson first?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #126: Jun 24, 2016 03:38:22 pm

I'd consider buying Robertson, to be honest. I liked what I saw of him in the Prem two seasons ago and think he has a high ceiling. But again, it comes down to asking if any of these players are good enough to improve us now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: Jun 24, 2016 04:17:11 pm
      Here, this is where I'm concerned. It is well-documented that we are after a young LB who will be nurtured by Klopp. If we're willing to go higher, the ideal solution is to get Rodriguez for 18m  ;D

But again, this is what confuses me mate. Was Chilwell the primary target because of his skills and promise or because his contract expires next year? Just for argument's sake, if the committee decides Robertson at 12m is a better prospect than Chilwell at 10m, why not go for Robertson first?

Maybe they thought that considering there is a 3 years age gap between the two that with 3 years training under Klopp, Chilwell could be better than Robertson at this stage.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #128: Jul 12, 2016 10:49:20 pm
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #129: Jul 12, 2016 10:53:23 pm

And the lad wants to join the club as well,he was very impressed with Jürgen Klopp when he attended the Dortmund match at Anfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #130: Jul 22, 2016 04:56:21 pm
      Looks like he wont be coming here then

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/756490261253984256
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #131: Jul 22, 2016 04:58:10 pm

We are still in desperate need of a leftback.

Hope we manage to get someone in soon.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #132: Jul 22, 2016 05:10:19 pm
      Can't say I'm too disappointed about this one but Jürgen obviously saw something in him
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #133: Jul 22, 2016 05:28:48 pm
      Can't say I'm too disappointed about this one but Jürgen obviously saw something in him

I'd have him at the club but not at the expense of a more experienced player to replace Moreno. Bringing in a top class, all round Left Back has to be our top priority now, not switching to some other kid who may replace him in five years. Not sure I could take another 5 minutes of Moreno at Left Back, never mind five years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #134: Jul 23, 2016 03:36:47 am
      Wish this Chilwell fella would turn around and say "if i'm worth this much to you, give me £30k a week then".
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #135: Jul 23, 2016 11:46:39 am
      Wish this Chilwell fella would turn around and say "if i'm worth this much to you, give me £30k a week then".

If his agent is worth his salt then he'll use the asking price to do exactly that.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #136: Jul 23, 2016 07:55:59 pm
      Looks like he has rejected their contract offer!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #137: Jul 23, 2016 08:06:34 pm
      We supposedly had a scout at their game tonight according to some random Twitter account (Scouts in Attendance).

Quick Reply