Trending Topics

Next match: Sevilla v LFC [Friendly] Sun 21st Jul @ 11:00 pm
      Fenway Park, Boston, USA

Today is the 21st of July and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W1 D3 L0

Euro 2016 - Last 16

Read 18130 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Euro 2016:- Knockout Stages.
      Reply #475: Jun 28, 2016 01:01:14 am
      WM was a pre-post war (WWII not Iraq) formation, before  4 4 2. I was basically saying Roy Hodgson has no idea what he is doing and likening him to a dinosaur. However, if you read the post after that I go on to say its not Roys fault it is of course the FA's fault.

Naw oh hey man I'm not having a go but I'll admit I still haven't got a clue about WM. I don't know what that stands for. It's hard to keep up because non of us can be bothered to actually write words just acronyms.
      Lets not go down that route. Sometimes things need to be written as they are.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #476: Jun 28, 2016 01:05:53 am
      Funny that...

Couldn't give less of a f**k... Feel really sorry for the Union Jack waving, bulldog owning s*n reading pricks

Not long until real football starts again

Iceland 😂
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 201 
      Reply #477: Jun 28, 2016 01:16:12 am
      Naw oh hey man I'm not having a go but I'll admit I still haven't got a clue about WM. I don't know what that stands for. It's hard to keep up because non of us can be bothered to actually write words just acronyms.
      Lets not go down that route. Sometimes things need to be written as they are.

W M : if you put the M at the back you have 3 on the backline and two defensive midfielders i.e. 5 at the back. If you stick the W up front you have 2 inside forwards and 2 wingers and a centreforward. It's called W M because it looks like a W on top of an M when you look at the formation.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #478: Jun 28, 2016 01:20:01 am
      W M : if you put the M at the back you have 3 on the backline and two defensive midfielders i.e. 5 at the back. If you stick the W up front you have 2 inside forwards and 2 wingers and a centreforward. It's called W M because it looks like a W on top of an M when you look at the formation.

Oh, wow that's so odd, thank you, I will remember, that's a weird set up. You taught me something tonight.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,284 posts | 3326 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #479: Jun 28, 2016 01:23:31 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,656 posts | 5031 
      • YNWA
      Reply #480: Jun 28, 2016 01:37:45 am

Just took a look at the potential candidates to be the next manager. Holy sh*t...
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #481: Jun 28, 2016 01:50:02 am
      I would seriously consider giving the job to Alan Shearer. Someone who at least gives a sh*t, has seen the players we have as a pundit, and will give it everything.

Think about it, it makes sense. If we dont, Southgate and co can continue on with the "Lets laugh at English Football" otherwise known as the FA.

I laughed last night when we lost to Iceland because its typical of what we are capable of doing, hyping up the sh*t we have while failing miserably on the pitch, its something we have done great at over the years. However, deep down, its getting stupid now, its getting embarrissing, we are better than this, and yet all we are, put simply, is clowns. We entertain in a comical way, somebody at the FA has to stop this, somebody somewhere has to say, ok, lets get serious.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,367 posts | 2547 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #482: Jun 28, 2016 01:58:03 am
      I would seriously consider giving the job to Alan Shearer.

That's the problem with English football. No local options are good enough. If Alan Shearer has any chance, it's not going to end well. He was a disaster at Newcastle. You can't have a glorified mascot as your leader.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 201 
      Reply #483: Jun 28, 2016 02:01:35 am

Oh, wow that's so odd, thank you, I will remember, that's a weird set up. You taught me something tonight.

No worries. I don't think it'll come back. It might though.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,870 posts | 1049 
      Reply #484: Jun 28, 2016 02:03:40 am
      Biggest problem for England is grassroots football and it's setup.

Look at the list of youngsters that have come through over the last few years Sterling, Kane, Wilshere, Smalling, Alli  etc.

Would any cut the mustard at a Barca or a Madrid or any other top European club outside the PL?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #485: Jun 28, 2016 02:05:27 am
      That's the problem with English football. No local options are good enough. If Alan Shearer has any chance, it's not going to end well. He was a disaster at Newcastle. You can't have a glorified mascot as your leader.

Look at who we have had. Would Shearer be any worse?
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,367 posts | 2547 
      Reply #486: Jun 28, 2016 02:09:22 am
      Look at who we have had. Would Shearer be any worse?

That's part of my point, though. None are good enough.

Southgate, Pardew, Shearer? Eddie Howe is too young to have his career ruined.

The answer has to be beyond England.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,367 posts | 2547 
      Reply #487: Jun 28, 2016 02:11:45 am
      All moot though. The FA needs a clean out before success comes.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #488: Jun 28, 2016 02:14:32 am
      That's part of my point, though. None are good enough.

Southgate, Pardew, Shearer? Eddie Howe is too young to have his career ruined.

The answer has to be beyond England.

No it doesnt, the answer is simple, give the job to people who care, people like Shearer do care, yeah he failed at Newcastle, but look at who we have had as managers of England. Shearer would succeed, in fact, if he was hired, I would bet by house he would get us a trophy.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,367 posts | 2547 
      Reply #489: Jun 28, 2016 02:20:59 am
      No it doesnt, the answer is simple, give the job to people who care, people like Shearer do care, yeah he failed at Newcastle, but look at who we have had as managers of England. Shearer would succeed, in fact, if he was hired, I would bet by house he would get us a trophy.

Can I get action on that bet?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 201 
      Reply #490: Jun 28, 2016 02:27:10 am

Plenty of people care!! they care in Italy and Germany and Spain too. Except in those countries there are people who care and are also excellent managers. The problem with England is, if you don't mind me saying as it also applies to Australia, they think they are better than they are. The overriding sense of being English to the outsider is .... a sense of superiority. I am not saying all English but it seems a cultural norm. Brexit is a classic example. WWII and the Empire etc is a while ago now. Got to move on and change or become irrelevant. Australia (my home) is the same. Except we are just thick!!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #491: Jun 28, 2016 04:37:08 am
      It's the government's job to invoke article 50, not the f**king football team!

Divvies.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #492: Jun 28, 2016 04:39:22 am
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,559 posts | 813 
      Reply #493: Jun 28, 2016 07:07:46 am

Me please   Me please can i have some of it .
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,352 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #494: Jun 28, 2016 07:30:54 am
      Just thinking, are expectations too high?

I see the team as more of a group of talented individuals who struggle to play to each others strenghts whether that be tactics/being played out of position, both, or anything else.

Squad needs an overhaul, there's no room for Rooney in that side either in my opinion.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,845 posts | 2314 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #495: Jun 28, 2016 07:52:24 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,522 posts | 3675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #496: Jun 28, 2016 08:13:43 am
      Biggest problem for England is grassroots football and it's setup.

Look at the list of youngsters that have come through over the last few years Sterling, Kane, Wilshere, Smalling, Alli  etc.

Would any cut the mustard at a Barca or a Madrid or any other top European club outside the PL?

I think Alli would cut it.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #497: Jun 28, 2016 08:32:23 am
      , I would bet by house he would get us a trophy.

Nah, keep it.

And stay off the meths, it's obviously affecting your mental capacity. ;)
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #498: Jun 28, 2016 08:33:43 am
      A flashback to woy, Liverpool manager.

*Shudders*

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,536 posts | 3026