Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Euro 2016 - Last 16

Read 49468 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Euro 2016:- Knockout Stages.
      Reply #460: Jun 27, 2016 11:45:45 pm
      Should look up Uefa Cup Final Dortmund 2001 - one big massive YNWA with the whole of the squad and coaching team lined up in front of us ;)

I couldn't find it but I think I've just watched Feyenoord sing YNWA for their fans in 2002 when they beat Dortmund 3-2 so I'm a bit confused now because don't Dortmund sing YNWA too? It must be a popular song or something ;D.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #461: Jun 27, 2016 11:46:37 pm
      What Liverpool did yesterday England does tomorrow.

But Liverpool voted to stay in Europe!

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #462: Jun 28, 2016 12:04:38 am
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #463: Jun 28, 2016 12:16:44 am
      If Brendan wasn't in a rush for a job, this could have been his long term project after Woy.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #464: Jun 28, 2016 12:19:04 am
      Talksport right now is it's usual comical self.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #465: Jun 28, 2016 12:20:29 am

LMAO! excellent. Had to take a break from the last episode of Game of Thrones and I wasn't expecting that. I've been thinking about Iceland supermarket puns for ages, thinking why haven't more been made.

I feel slightly guilty revelling in a defeat but I already knew I shouldn't of expected anything ever with Roy wallbanger as manager. I have still got some fondness for the guy, I just wish he never managed us, that's when it all went wrong, I used to like to listen to him comment on matches before that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #466: Jun 28, 2016 12:23:07 am
      Shearer throwing his hat in the ring on BBC1 and saying he offered to do the job when Capello left but was told lack of experience by the FA.

As Lineker followed up by saying it didn't do the Germans any harm when they went with Beckenbauer and Klinsmann!!

He's got a bit better at the talking thing I suppose.

Ex England Captain. What's not for the FA not too like?

Another reason why I hate the FA. Remember he blatantly booted Neil Lennon right in the Chevy Chase while he was on the floor and absolutely F**k all got done about it because he was the England captain. Mad, weird establishment.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #467: Jun 28, 2016 12:24:17 am
      LMAO! excellent. Had to take a break from the last episode of Game of Thrones and I wasn't expecting that. I've been thinking about Iceland supermarket puns for ages, thinking why haven't more been made.

I feel slightly guilty revelling in a defeat but I already knew I shouldn't of expected anything ever with Roy wallbanger as manager. I have still got some fondness for the guy, I just wish he never managed us, that's when it all went wrong, I used to like to listen to him comment on matches before that.

He hates the fwozen pizzas.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #468: Jun 28, 2016 12:24:50 am
      The only silver lining for me as an England fan is that I am finally, truly free of supporting a Roy Hodgson managed team.

As for the players, they were also a total shambles.

Harry Kane looked like he had won a competition to get a game.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #469: Jun 28, 2016 12:27:06 am

â†’                        Roy Hodgeson...the only man with a coherent plan for leaving Europe

Reply #435 : Yesterday at 10:41:31 pm »

Brilliant. If you were transitioning from WM to 4 4 2 then Hodgson is your man. Outside of that he should never be anywhere near a professional footballing side.                        

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #470: Jun 28, 2016 12:39:13 am
      Roy Hodgson is the highest paid manager at the Euro's. Not Low with a world cup, not Del Bosque with a world cup and Euro title, not Conte with several Serie A titles and a CL final under his belt. Roy Hodgson!!!!. The beauty is he takes the flak, for the FA for the people whom oversee the FA, for English Football at all levels. They put Roy in because he will lower expectations and fail and the blame will be ironically with him and not the people who hire him. Those whose jobs it is to improve football at all levels in England. I see great parallels with Brexit. Make a scapegoat for the abject failure of trickle down economics and keep on trucking.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #471: Jun 28, 2016 12:43:22 am
      Reply #435 : Yesterday at 10:41:31 pm »

Brilliant. If you were transitioning from WM to 4 4 2 then Hodgson is your man. Outside of that he should never be anywhere near a professional footballing side.                        

My two favourite formations are 4-3-3 and 4-4-2. I don't see why garnered knowledge needs to be torn up . It works for a reason. He never played either of those formations & I'm not trying to insult your comment. What is WM btw?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #472: Jun 28, 2016 12:46:21 am
      Roy Hodgson is the highest paid manager at the Euro's. Not Low with a world cup, not Del Bosque with a world cup and Euro title, not Conte with several Serie A titles and a CL final under his belt. Roy Hodgson!!!!. The beauty is he takes the flak, for the FA for the people whom oversee the FA, for English Football at all levels. They put Roy in because he will lower expectations and fail and the blame will be ironically with him and not the people who hire him. Those whose jobs it is to improve football at all levels in England. I see great parallels with Brexit. Make a scapegoat for the abject failure of trickle down economics and keep on trucking.

It's the way it works, England vote out of the European union and being a devout anglotoid Roy think he needs to bow out too... That wasn't his job lolol
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #473: Jun 28, 2016 12:52:57 am
      WM was a pre-post war (WWII not Iraq) formation, before  4 4 2. I was basically saying Roy Hodgson has no idea what he is doing and likening him to a dinosaur. However, if you read the post after that I go on to say its not Roys fault it is of course the FA's fault.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #474: Jun 28, 2016 12:54:15 am
      The most surprising thing about this is people being surprised by it.

None trolling type post. I mean it.

As I've seen on Twitter, what was he even doing with a resignation speech prepared?

Loser. It needs to change at the very top or the likes of Fat Sam will get in and it'll be repeated endlessly.

I've just witnessed Harry Kane (currently still in the dressing room trying to work out how to take his boots off) finish the 90 after being unable to even control a ball whilst being our main set piece taker which seen him take a 41 metre free kick. He was sh*t at the set pieces against Russia and he was still sh*t tonight. There was lots more but Kane's role summed the whole thing up.

Shocking stuff. But I laughed.

Soz.

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/747532834101956608

Agree with this how the F**k can people even be surprised by any of it?!

Let's put Woy aside this was a squad that had a converted centre back running the midfield (Dier) an overhyped horse faced striker (Kane) who failed to register a shot on target and a captain that was there purely on merit.

All this without the Woy factor it was always going to end in tears.

Harry F***ing Kane most overhyped player in a very long time. Take his penalties away last season and he is posting Shane Long numbers.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #475: Jun 28, 2016 01:01:14 am
      WM was a pre-post war (WWII not Iraq) formation, before  4 4 2. I was basically saying Roy Hodgson has no idea what he is doing and likening him to a dinosaur. However, if you read the post after that I go on to say its not Roys fault it is of course the FA's fault.

Naw oh hey man I'm not having a go but I'll admit I still haven't got a clue about WM. I don't know what that stands for. It's hard to keep up because non of us can be bothered to actually write words just acronyms.
      Lets not go down that route. Sometimes things need to be written as they are.
      Kopite78
      Reply #476: Jun 28, 2016 01:05:53 am
      Funny that...

Couldn't give less of a F**k... Feel really sorry for the Union Jack waving, bulldog owning s*n reading pricks

Not long until real football starts again

Iceland 😂
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #477: Jun 28, 2016 01:16:12 am
      Naw oh hey man I'm not having a go but I'll admit I still haven't got a clue about WM. I don't know what that stands for. It's hard to keep up because non of us can be bothered to actually write words just acronyms.
      Lets not go down that route. Sometimes things need to be written as they are.

W M : if you put the M at the back you have 3 on the backline and two defensive midfielders i.e. 5 at the back. If you stick the W up front you have 2 inside forwards and 2 wingers and a centreforward. It's called W M because it looks like a W on top of an M when you look at the formation.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #478: Jun 28, 2016 01:20:01 am
      W M : if you put the M at the back you have 3 on the backline and two defensive midfielders i.e. 5 at the back. If you stick the W up front you have 2 inside forwards and 2 wingers and a centreforward. It's called W M because it looks like a W on top of an M when you look at the formation.

Oh, wow that's so odd, thank you, I will remember, that's a weird set up. You taught me something tonight.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #479: Jun 28, 2016 01:23:31 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #480: Jun 28, 2016 01:37:45 am

Just took a look at the potential candidates to be the next manager. Holy sh*t...
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #481: Jun 28, 2016 01:50:02 am
      I would seriously consider giving the job to Alan Shearer. Someone who at least gives a sh*t, has seen the players we have as a pundit, and will give it everything.

Think about it, it makes sense. If we dont, Southgate and co can continue on with the "Lets laugh at English Football" otherwise known as the FA.

I laughed last night when we lost to Iceland because its typical of what we are capable of doing, hyping up the sh*t we have while failing miserably on the pitch, its something we have done great at over the years. However, deep down, its getting stupid now, its getting embarrissing, we are better than this, and yet all we are, put simply, is clowns. We entertain in a comical way, somebody at the FA has to stop this, somebody somewhere has to say, ok, lets get serious.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #482: Jun 28, 2016 01:58:03 am
      I would seriously consider giving the job to Alan Shearer.

That's the problem with English football. No local options are good enough. If Alan Shearer has any chance, it's not going to end well. He was a disaster at Newcastle. You can't have a glorified mascot as your leader.

Quick Reply