Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

Sadio Mané Player Thread

Read 129404 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,524 posts | 2034 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1425: Apr 06, 2021 11:53:05 pm
      F**k is wrong with Sadio he have the long Covid or something?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #1426: Apr 07, 2021 02:00:03 am
      Our front three all are feeling the effects of the injuries to the spine of our team. They have even more pressure lumped on them and unfortunately they have all struggled at various times.

Mane like Bobby is still on of our best players and needs to play.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 640 posts | 26 
      Reply #1427: Apr 07, 2021 06:50:24 am
      These things happen to players as they move closer to 30s. 30s is the new 34+ for the wingers now a days because of the constant running and overplaying .

Look at Alexis Sanchez, was world class at Arsenal, lost a yard of pace and went to full sh*te mode. They were lucky that Man utd took him off their wage bill. I am not expecting anything else from Mane. He has lost his pace which made him a nightmare to defend against. He is not a level technically like Salah or Suarez to keep going after slowing down. He is more like Torres , Sanchez whose careers went downhill after loosing their pace.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #1428: Apr 07, 2021 08:26:51 am
      F**k is wrong with Sadio he have the long Covid or something?

No one's got a clue, but there is a vast difference in the sadio of the three previous seasons compared to this season.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #1429: Apr 07, 2021 09:16:03 am
      Loosing the ball & going down too easily for me..

Get up and win the f**king ball back lad...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,407 posts | 1644 
      Reply #1430: Apr 07, 2021 10:43:26 am
      These things happen to players as they move closer to 30s. 30s is the new 34+ for the wingers now a days because of the constant running and overplaying .

Look at Alexis Sanchez, was world class at Arsenal, lost a yard of pace and went to full sh*te mode. They were lucky that Man utd took him off their wage bill. I am not expecting anything else from Mane. He has lost his pace which made him a nightmare to defend against. He is not a level technically like Salah or Suarez to keep going after slowing down. He is more like Torres , Sanchez whose careers went downhill after loosing their pace.

It's a good point but i'm not sure he has suddenly lost a yard?? I think the woeful touch and clear lack of confidence is what's doing it for him at the moment.

Jeez he had an absolute mare yesterday.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Reply #1431: Apr 07, 2021 12:57:45 pm
      Our front three all are feeling the effects of the injuries to the spine of our team. They have even more pressure lumped on them and unfortunately they have all struggled at various times.

Mane like Bobby is still on of our best players and needs to play.

injuries to the spine of the team, does not make you mis control the ball and shoot either straight at the keeper or miss goal, plus he is awful in his decision making between shooting or passing. He definitely needs benching for a few games
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 433 
      Reply #1432: Apr 08, 2021 04:27:32 pm
      If we could get close to what he's valued we would do well to sell him. He's on his way down from his peak. Definitely better than he's shown, but has certainly lost some pace and physicality

If we don't sell some stars and reload we will have to rebuild in a year or two. F**k rebuilding. Sell and reload
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1433: Apr 09, 2021 03:37:20 am
      He's been awful all season long. Constantly bad. He seems sluggish with and without the ball. I've developed a reflex of disappointment as soon as he receives the ball near a defender or is dealt a bouncy pass because I know he'll most probably give it away in the first instance and miscontrol the ball where he would've not the past few seasons in the second instance.

Spot on, every time he get's the ball, I fear him losing it and falling over.

Even started looking at him, when others score goals for us, his goal celebrations aren't what they used to be! Seems half arsed!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 598 posts | 227 
      Reply #1434: Apr 09, 2021 05:24:42 am
      Spot on, every time he get's the ball, I fear him losing it and falling over.

Even started looking at him, when others score goals for us, his goal celebrations aren't what they used to be! Seems half arsed!!
      I feel like he showed signs of getting back to his old self in the last couple of games or so before the Madrid one but he jumped right back into the stuff he's been doing since the start of the season.

I also had it with the constant arm raising and overreacting every time he does not get a pass. I feel like Mo moved on from the incident at Burnley and while he may not be best pals with Sadio he just got on with it and tries to look for him and give him the ball as much as his instincts permits. Sadio still feeds Mo as usual and also has his greedy moments (no problem here, good forwards do that) but the problem is that I dont understand what Sadio expects when Mo has the ball.

You're playing with a guy who loves to score goals and will get greedy once or twice every game because that's what he does. Furthermore Sadio is the same type of player and gets greedy to. Unless Mo is being visibly unreasonable then why act like that all the time? Just move the f**k on or shout some sh*t at him in a subtle way while running back and get on with the next segment of play instead of enacting the same drama for the world to see of standing in the box with your arms raised with that victim's grin on your face every time you don't get the ball. You're not doing yourself, Mo or the team any favours by constantly feeding the media this sh*t all while making everybody around you tense/feeling pressured.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1435: Apr 09, 2021 07:43:24 am
      I feel like he showed signs of getting back to his old self in the last couple of games or so before the Madrid one but he jumped right back into the stuff he's been doing since the start of the season.

I also had it with the constant arm raising and overreacting every time he does not get a pass. I feel like Mo moved on from the incident at Burnley and while he may not be best pals with Sadio he just got on with it and tries to look for him and give him the ball as much as his instincts permits. Sadio still feeds Mo as usual and also has his greedy moments (no problem here, good forwards do that) but the problem is that I dont understand what Sadio expects when Mo has the ball.

You're playing with a guy who loves to score goals and will get greedy once or twice every game because that's what he does. Furthermore Sadio is the same type of player and gets greedy to. Unless Mo is being visibly unreasonable then why act like that all the time? Just move the f**k on or shout some sh*t at him in a subtle way while running back and get on with the next segment of play instead of enacting the same drama for the world to see of standing in the box with your arms raised with that victim's grin on your face every time you don't get the ball. You're not doing yourself, Mo or the team any favours by constantly feeding the media this sh*t all while making everybody around you tense/feeling pressured.

Agree 100% mate. Noticed the sulking quite a lot, just needs to get on with it and start banging them in again. Let his feet do the talking. He can go toe to toe with Mo for all I care, all the better for us. I'm just hoping he doesn't want out because he's an absolute ripper and unplayable when on song. Just needs to get his Mojo f**king back, starting with Villa on Saturday!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,524 posts | 2034 
      Reply #1436: Apr 10, 2021 05:09:09 pm
      Don't know what's going on with Sadio but he needs to get his act together quickly or we have to consider selling him while he still has big value.

If he's still this bad next season he will surely be the first of the original front three to be sold.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,051 posts | 1037 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1437: Apr 10, 2021 05:10:51 pm
      Wouldn't even bring him on as a sub versus Madrid.
      Needs some time to get his confidence and form back, playing like he is isn't helping him or us.
      Great player, just needs to find his form again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,270 posts | 3447 
      Reply #1438: Apr 10, 2021 05:11:47 pm
      Never seen such fall off in form in a player from world class to a pub team player over the last 4 months.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #1439: Apr 10, 2021 05:12:38 pm
      Currently, Shadiow Mane of himself...
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,552 posts | 1375 
      Reply #1440: Apr 10, 2021 05:13:23 pm
      Never seen such fall off in form in a player from world class to a pub team player over the last 4 months.

Fukn scary
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #1441: Apr 10, 2021 05:14:31 pm

I personally think Salah has rattled him to the extent he tries to prove himself too hard..
      • Forum John Toshack

• 270 posts | 21 
      Reply #1442: Apr 10, 2021 05:22:13 pm
      Remember he had COVID and there are more than rumours about the long-term effects! Sadio could be suffering from it. It does not take much to drop you from world class to PL-standard level.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,320 posts | 2141 
      Reply #1443: Apr 10, 2021 05:28:54 pm
      I love you sadio, you’ll come good son
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,270 posts | 3447 
      Reply #1444: Apr 10, 2021 05:30:22 pm
      Remember he had COVID and there are more than rumours about the long-term effects! Sadio could be suffering from it. It does not take much to drop you from world class to PL-standard level.

The club sports science team would know if he was suffering from long Covid and if so I doubt he would be playing.

I think he has lost all self belief in his ability.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,137 posts | 914 
      Reply #1445: Apr 10, 2021 05:31:44 pm
      Let’s not write him off just yet - he has lost form and confidence like a good number of players - they will get it back
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,524 posts | 2034 
      Reply #1446: Apr 10, 2021 05:35:24 pm

Barely Championship standard this season, no touch, can't pass, can't shoot, can't beat his man.

I hope it's just a season out of form and not a bigger issue. Guess we'll know in a few months.

People give out about Mo but Salah at his worst offers more than Mane has for most of this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,524 posts | 2034 
      Reply #1447: Apr 10, 2021 05:36:39 pm
      I love you sadio, you’ll come good son

Love Sadio too mate which makes his huge drop in form so painful to watch.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,494 posts | 623 
      Reply #1448: Apr 10, 2021 05:40:07 pm
      Can't believe today's short appearance has triggered more criticism in this thread  :roll:

Agenda much?..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,524 posts | 2034 
      Reply #1449: Apr 10, 2021 05:45:28 pm
      Can't believe today's short appearance has triggered more criticism in this thread  :roll:

Agenda much?..

A player of his quality should come on in an important game and make a big impact. He was woeful for the entire time he was on the pitch.

Quick Reply