Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 262550 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1495: May 10, 2021 05:15:59 am

Wow!!! Who would have thought that ever?

Amazing stat!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1496: May 10, 2021 07:42:35 am
      Wow!!! Who would have thought that ever?

Amazing stat!!

Also read that Mo has created more assists for Sadio than any other player as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #1497: May 10, 2021 08:18:06 am
      Let's hope they both start doing more of it, more often, can only be a good thing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1498: May 13, 2021 12:57:14 pm
      Seeing an interview with Mane where he admits this is the worst season hes ever had and hes had loads of tests done on his body to see if anything is wrong.  All came back normal so hes putting it down to one of those things.

My suspicion has been for a while that he's lost speed and strength this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #1499: May 13, 2021 04:57:38 pm
      Seeing an interview with Mane where he admits this is the worst season hes ever had and hes had loads of tests done on his body to see if anything is wrong.  All came back normal so hes putting it down to one of those things.

My suspicion has been for a while that he's lost speed and strength this season.

Or the lack of any pre-season.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1500: May 13, 2021 05:07:51 pm

And getting covid and the long covid aspect
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #1501: May 14, 2021 01:03:28 am
      What the F**k Sadio?

Grow up!

Really disappointing that, tarnishing that spectacular performance so you can get a few headlines.

Hope you come out and apologise for that, because I want everyone taking about the win, not your petulance!
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #1502: May 14, 2021 01:07:15 am
      What the f**k Sadio?

Grow up!

Really disappointing that, tarnishing that spectacular performance so you can get a few headlines.

Hope you come out and apologise for that, because I want everyone taking about the win, not your petulance!

Nothing to apologise for (publicly), and nothing to fuss about, especially for us fans.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      Reply #1503: May 14, 2021 01:09:13 am
      Nothing to apologise for (publicly), and nothing to fuss about, especially for us fans.

Apologise to Jürgen. That's what he has to do.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1504: May 14, 2021 01:19:52 am
      The media will make a big circus out of it as usual, but it's just frustration at the end of a big game he wanted to start, and because he knows he could have done better when he came on.
      He'll just apologize to Jürgen and they both will move on quickly.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1505: May 14, 2021 07:59:33 am
      Does not start a massive game, isnt happy, whats wrong with that?

Isnt told the way players are normally told that hes out, not happy with that, why would he be?

Doesnt have a big happy head on him at full time or fist pump the manager, really in the bigger scheme of things.....Whats wrong with that?

Nothing, move on
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #1506: May 14, 2021 09:07:04 am
      What the f**k Sadio?

Grow up!

Right mate, Klopp do not deserve such a thing especially from his player.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts | 83 
      Reply #1507: May 14, 2021 09:53:32 am
      I watched the incident. Nothing big if you do not believe in Spartanian discipline. The bigger problem is that Mane looks shot. 90% chance it's long covid. As weird as it sounds: shop im around as long as he has a reputation and as long as his health is not a known issue because a good chance he'll never be the same.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1508: May 14, 2021 09:54:27 am
      Glad he cares and he’s pissed off to be honest. Give me a player like that any day over one who couldn’t give a sh*t as long as they get their 300k weekly wage.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1509: May 14, 2021 11:49:05 am
      Glad he cares and he’s pissed off to be honest. Give me a player like that any day over one who couldn’t give a sh*t as long as they get their 300k weekly wage.

No reason it can't be worked out and no, he shouldn't be happy at not starting. But if your manager goes to shake your hand and you just walk away from him, that is wrong.

They will get it sorted.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1510: May 14, 2021 01:02:57 pm
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #1511: May 14, 2021 02:17:28 pm
      Klopp's handled that like a dream

For someone whose first language isn't English he's got an amazing way of finding the right thing to say

I expect Sadio might get a 30-second talking to behind the scenes and that'll be that
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #1512: May 14, 2021 02:18:57 pm
      My issue isnt  that he is upset for not starting the match.  Like others have said, we want that in a player. 

My issue is that he still held on to that anger even after very important win.  Not only did we secure a massive three points, we won on our most heated rivals pitch( Something that had not happened while he has been on the team)

I believe that was the bigger issue.  We won in a rather convincing manner with him not in the starting 11.  Many players wouldn’t give it another thought.  Someone that is ultra competitive like Mane is, it will have them question themselves and their worth.   I know from experience.   I never played professionally but I did play American football for 4 years  for my alma mater The University of Mississippi.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #1513: May 14, 2021 02:30:59 pm
      Like others have said, we want that in a player. 

Depends how you channel it.

If Sadio's that arsed he should keep it to himself and channel his aggression into playing better. He's nearly 30 years old.

Klopp shouldn't be scared to select Jota - who has been levels above Mané this season - just in case Sadio throws a wobbler. That'd be detrimental to the team and the club.

If anything Jota should have started even more games this season and Mané (and Bobby) even less.

But like I said, Klopp's played a blinder there in the press conference and then he'll sort it behind closed doors if he feels he needs to.

I'd really like to see Sadio tried out a bit in the centre of the three, but maybe pre-season's the time for that. Bit of a critical time in the season to be experimenting right now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #1514: May 14, 2021 02:51:39 pm
      Meh. Nothing too big. Jürgen will have a talk with him and things between them will get back to normal.

There isnt any need for public apology imo. Jürgen has always handled things like this very well, he will get mane back to smiling again.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1515: May 21, 2021 08:10:48 am
      Might be controversial but i would consider letting Mane go this summer if there are buyers out there willing to pay a decent fee. His form this season has been so poor compared to what we have seen previously, the drop off has been alarming. Some good work to set up the 3rd goal on Wednesday night but mostly when he gets the ball i expect him either to lose it, or to fall and claim for a foul he doesn't get awarded (something that has happened repeatedly). He just seems a little bit slower, less strong on the ball, his  touch has been heavy and he makes poor decisions with the ball.

Hopefully a rest and then a full pre-season will see him right but i wonder if it's time to bring in another player to challenge Jota for that left sided role and see what we can get for Mane.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1516: May 21, 2021 08:24:12 am
      Might be controversial but i would consider letting Mane go this summer if there are buyers out there willing to pay a decent fee. His form this season has been so poor compared to what we have seen previously, the drop off has been alarming. Some good work to set up the 3rd goal on Wednesday night but mostly when he gets the ball i expect him either to lose it, or to fall and claim for a foul he doesn't get awarded (something that has happened repeatedly). He just seems a little bit slower, less strong on the ball, his  touch has been heavy and he makes poor decisions with the ball.

Hopefully a rest and then a full pre-season will see him right but i wonder if it's time to bring in another player to challenge Jota for that left sided role and see what we can get for Mane.

To be honest I dont think this summer is the time to sell marquee player as the money won't be in the market

If you wanted to sell it would be at less than you could get in normal times
      Yes there would be interest but not at the price that we should be looking to sell at so makes little sense to me
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1517: May 21, 2021 08:43:40 am

He was part of a clever build up for the first too - lovely weighted pass to Robertson.

He will come good - he’s a legend and we should back him 100% to get back to his best. He’s still young!

Quick Reply