Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 262428 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread: Bayern Munich
      Reply #2162: Jun 22, 2022 09:54:42 am
      Africa Facts Zone
      @AfricaFactsZone
      Sadio Mane is transforming his village to a town.

He built a £455,000 hospital and €250,000 school in his village, Bambaly.

He gives each family €70 monthly.

He provided 4G internet for them.

He is building a fuel station and post office.

2,000 people live in his village.

Wish nothing but good things for Sadio, apart from when he plays LFC again,
      but he does great things for his village and no doubt will do again with the
      extra money he gets at Bayern.

A great player, who won everything at LFC.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #2163: Jun 22, 2022 11:11:43 am
      I reckon they might just surprise us!

Are you thinking Gini 🤔...or Lewandowski  😏
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #2164: Jun 22, 2022 11:18:48 am
      The pictures I've seen of Mane he looks quite solemn in his Bayern gear. I'm not so sure he wanted to leave tbh...but if us fans in our own jobs were offered treble your wages for doing the same job elsewhere you'd go wouldn't you even if you loved your job.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #2165: Jun 22, 2022 11:45:07 am
      Absolutely gutted but wish him the very best at Bayern. Such a shame because he really re-invented himself as a 9 this season, albeit an unorthodox one. I think we will miss his pace and power and unpredictability.

Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #2166: Jun 22, 2022 12:55:09 pm
      Seeing a lot of negative stuff about sadio. the guy bust his gut for us for 6 years. He deserves to do whatever he wants.

Same goes for all footballers that put the effort in for any club they play at.

Life is too short to get too upset.

Personally Im loving the evolution of the team, were in for another amazing ride with this new squad.
      Life is too short mate I just think the negative side of things is just us fans  being absolutely gutted about him leaving & rightly so.
      We’ve all seen plenty of legends leave this wonderful club of ours and some of us arl arses can go even further back & like you say we move on & we evolve once again as a club.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #2167: Jun 22, 2022 12:59:26 pm
      Just watched his farewell interview on LFC.Com. Sinking in now, what a player, gutted we are losing him only aged 30.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #2168: Jun 22, 2022 01:16:26 pm
      We let him go and earn £250,000 per week at Bayern.  :mad:

He wasn't asking for much. He wasn't after crazy money.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2169: Jun 22, 2022 01:25:54 pm
      Life is too short mate I just think the negative side of things is just us fans  being absolutely gutted about him leaving & rightly so.
      We’ve all seen plenty of legends leave this wonderful club of ours and some of us arl arses can go even further back & like you say we move on & we evolve once again as a club.

exactly Jim.

6 years is actually a long time in modern football as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2170: Jun 22, 2022 01:29:31 pm
      Klopp absolutely nailing it again with his comments

Jürgen Klopp: Sadio made it all possible - he's a modern-day LFC icon

Jürgen Klopp has emotionally reflected on the impact Sadio Mane delivered to Liverpool during his six brilliant seasons with the club.

The Senegal star’s transfer to Bayern Munich was confirmed today, bringing an end to his stellar and memory-filled Anfield career.

Mane joined the Reds from Southampton in the summer of 2016 and now leaves with Champions League, Premier League, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup winner’s medals.

He scored 120 goals in his 269 appearances for Klopp’s side to establish himself as a club legend and one of the best forwards in the world.

Offering his reaction to Mane’s departure, the boss told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise.

“One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge how significant this is.

“He leaves with our gratitude and our love. He leaves with his status among the greats guaranteed. And, yes, he leaves in a moment where he is one of the best players in world football.

“But we must not dwell on what we now lose, instead celebrate what we were privileged to have.

“The goals he scored, the trophies he won; a legend, for sure, but also a modern-day Liverpool icon.

“Since he first stepped through the door, he made us better. If someone had told us in that moment what he would go on to contribute and achieve for this club, I’m not sure it would have been possible to comprehend in that moment. Not the scale of it at least. Sadio made it all possible.

“To be that good for such a sustained period and continuously improve season on season – no matter how high he set his own bar in the previous one – is an example to any player anywhere on the planet that professionalism and dedication leads to reward.

“I respect completely his decision and I’m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio – non-negotiable. It is possible to do this while accepting our loss is Bayern’s gain.

“We wish him nothing but success in every match he plays in, unless, of course, it’s against us. His star will continue to rise, I have no doubts.

“I remember last season I was asked, in an interview or Q&A from memory, to describe Sadio in three words. I said at the time it’s not possible to do this.

“If I was to try I’d need to be allowed multiple attempts – because there are so many ways you can describe him using three words.

“World-class player!

“True club legend!

“Ideal role model!

“The perfect teammate!

“Compassionate, caring person!

“But the three words that feel the most appropriate today are also the hardest to say, ‘Will miss you!’”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/Jürgen-klopp-sadio-made-it-all-possible-hes-modern-day-lfc-icon

thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 28 
      Reply #2171: Jun 22, 2022 01:30:38 pm
      Will never forget the repeated sight of him receiving the ball on the half-turn, controlling it instantly and speeding away from his marker - all in one glorious movement.

Like watching liquid gold.

Huge thanks to Sadio for such a stellar contribution during six years of the Klopp era.

A true LFC legend.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2172: Jun 22, 2022 01:39:21 pm
      Just watched his farewell interview on LFC.Com. Sinking in now, what a player, gutted we are losing him only aged 30.

great interview tbf.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #2173: Jun 22, 2022 01:45:50 pm
      As usual I have more perspective than you whiners.

I don't know that I've read a bigger whopper than this in all my years on this forum. And I've seen some real muppets come and go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #2174: Jun 22, 2022 01:50:19 pm

He wasn't asking for much. He wasn't after crazy money.

Just lends more weight to the fact he wanted to experience a different league and culture.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2175: Jun 22, 2022 01:53:58 pm
      I can't imagine anyone wanting anything but the best for Sadio some questions about how hard we tried to keep him or was  he determined just to experience something else well its all mute now I hope his move is everything he wants from it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2176: Jun 22, 2022 01:57:15 pm
      Just lends more weight to the fact he wanted to experience a different league and culture.

Exactly. The man just wanted a new challenge, as he said in his interview.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #2177: Jun 22, 2022 01:58:06 pm

Good luck to him I say.

What are we supposed to do? Pay Salah, Mane and Firmino extra hundreds of thousands of pounds for a few seasons and then they all turn 33/34 when Klopp is about to leave?   Seems an extremely dangerous strategy.  That's exactly what Man United got wrong all those years ago. 

If he was a 26/27 year old I'd feel exactly the same as you but he is going to be 31 before the season is out and was in the last year of his contract.  Bayern have only effectively added 24 months to his contract length.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2178: Jun 22, 2022 02:30:43 pm
      Klopp absolutely nailing it again with his comments

Jürgen Klopp: Sadio made it all possible - he's a modern-day LFC icon

Jürgen Klopp has emotionally reflected on the impact Sadio Mane delivered to Liverpool during his six brilliant seasons with the club.

The Senegal star’s transfer to Bayern Munich was confirmed today, bringing an end to his stellar and memory-filled Anfield career.

Mane joined the Reds from Southampton in the summer of 2016 and now leaves with Champions League, Premier League, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup winner’s medals.

He scored 120 goals in his 269 appearances for Klopp’s side to establish himself as a club legend and one of the best forwards in the world.

Offering his reaction to Mane’s departure, the boss told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise.

“One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge how significant this is.

“He leaves with our gratitude and our love. He leaves with his status among the greats guaranteed. And, yes, he leaves in a moment where he is one of the best players in world football.

“But we must not dwell on what we now lose, instead celebrate what we were privileged to have.

“The goals he scored, the trophies he won; a legend, for sure, but also a modern-day Liverpool icon.

“Since he first stepped through the door, he made us better. If someone had told us in that moment what he would go on to contribute and achieve for this club, I’m not sure it would have been possible to comprehend in that moment. Not the scale of it at least. Sadio made it all possible.

“To be that good for such a sustained period and continuously improve season on season – no matter how high he set his own bar in the previous one – is an example to any player anywhere on the planet that professionalism and dedication leads to reward.

“I respect completely his decision and I’m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio – non-negotiable. It is possible to do this while accepting our loss is Bayern’s gain.

“We wish him nothing but success in every match he plays in, unless, of course, it’s against us. His star will continue to rise, I have no doubts.

“I remember last season I was asked, in an interview or Q&A from memory, to describe Sadio in three words. I said at the time it’s not possible to do this.

“If I was to try I’d need to be allowed multiple attempts – because there are so many ways you can describe him using three words.

“World-class player!

“True club legend!

“Ideal role model!

“The perfect teammate!

“Compassionate, caring person!

“But the three words that feel the most appropriate today are also the hardest to say, ‘Will miss you!’”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/Jürgen-klopp-sadio-made-it-all-possible-hes-modern-day-lfc-icon

oh my god Klopp is so F***ing great.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #2179: Jun 22, 2022 02:37:30 pm

Probably part of it, but my point was that he wasn't after crazy money. I've seen people talk about him demanding £400k, triple his wage etc.

Did we offer him £250k? If so and he still wanted a new challenge.. fair enough. But my feeling is we didn't,  and I suspect we didn't do enough to try to convince him to stay. He still had another amazing season in him.

It confirms again that Salah is walking next season on a free.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2180: Jun 22, 2022 03:13:40 pm
      Probably part of it, but my point was that he wasn't after crazy money. I've seen people talk about him demanding £400k, triple his wage etc.

Did we offer him £250k? If so and he still wanted a new challenge.. fair enough. But my feeling is we didn't,  and I suspect we didn't do enough to try to convince him to stay. He still had another amazing season in him.

It confirms again that Salah is walking next season on a free.

There were articles written that Sadio had been open with the team that he did not want an extension.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2181: Jun 22, 2022 04:00:45 pm
      watched his interview still cant believe he will not be a Red next season .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #2182: Jun 22, 2022 04:08:52 pm
      Truly deserves to be successful, helping many people back in his  hometown . Football needs more players of Mane's calibre and nature !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2183: Jun 22, 2022 04:21:23 pm
      As usual I have more perspective than you whiners. Mané wanted way too much dough and showed his disrespect to LFC with this very greed. I do not want a player who wants to get paid like a goddamn messiah but is not able to lift us over Tottenham or Real to win the real big trophies. The dude is also 30+, so do not let the door hit him on his way out. He‘ll be forgotten in 20 years. That said, no hard feelings. The club won, we won, it was a good relation while it lasted. I wish him nothing but the best unlike a guy like Cunthino. It will be weird if we meet him as an opponent, but it is what it is.

See all that from your armchair lad?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #2184: Jun 22, 2022 04:48:24 pm
      oh my god Klopp is so f**king great.

I cried reading that - how could any player want to leave Klopp? Best man on the planet

Quick Reply