Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 264264 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)
      Reply #2300: Apr 13, 2023 06:51:31 pm
      Grass not always greener on the other side...  guess the money is though.

Bet part of these players wish they'd have stayed for the legend status rather than move for the money.

Good job on putting that annoying rat on his arse though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2301: Apr 13, 2023 09:18:57 pm
      Wouldn't be going anywhere near him to be honest.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #2302: Apr 13, 2023 10:40:12 pm
      Grass not always greener on the other side...  guess the money is though.

Bet part of these players wish they'd have stayed for the legend status rather than move for the money.

Good job on putting that annoying rat on his arse though.

To be fair, Sadio doesn't want the money so he can buy flashy junk. He uses his money for charity. A lot.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #2303: Apr 14, 2023 06:55:03 am
      At least Sadio puts his money to good use, helping those less fortunate than himself.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2304: Apr 21, 2023 10:14:53 am
      For me it's a no brainer to bring Sadio home this summer. He can play anywhere across the front 3 ... he'd settle straight in and with Bobby going we'd get the numbers back up. He'd also be a big boost for the dressing room and I imagine wouldn't cost the world.

But I just know it won't happen ... because of the above. I'd love to see him back.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #2305: Apr 21, 2023 10:17:46 am
      For me it's a no brainer to bring Sadio home this summer. He can play anywhere across the front 3 ... he'd settle straight in and with Bobby going we'd get the numbers back up. He'd also be a big boost for the dressing room and I imagine wouldn't cost the world.

But I just know it won't happen ... because of the above. I'd love to see him back.

Time to move on - he is on £350k at Munich

We have brought in players to replace him and Bobby
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2306: Apr 21, 2023 12:26:25 pm

Klopp doesn't go back in for players he's worked with before.
      Plus Mane is getting better wages at Bayern than he would get here.
      New Klopp project with new players.
      Diaz and Nunez competing for that left-hand side role.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2023 03:38:37 pm by racerx34 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2307: Apr 21, 2023 03:27:13 pm

It's a no brainer for us to not go near him. Love Sadio, but he's getting older and the one thing we shouldn't be doing is bringing in old players that will be progress stoppers for our new, younger players.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,263 posts | 757 
      Reply #2308: Apr 21, 2023 04:51:56 pm
      It's a no brainer for us to not go near him. Love Sadio, but he's getting older and the one thing we shouldn't be doing is bringing in old players that will be progress stoppers for our new, younger players.
      Agreed. Once they choose to move on then the club also moves on... A great contributor to the cause but that's the past....Onwards
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2309: Apr 21, 2023 06:07:42 pm

If there's a better player out there than Sadio Mane who would be willing to come to us in the summer .... with no CL football next season,  il take him.

We got told we shouldn't go near wijnaldum, too old blah blah blah ... look how that worked out.

If Mane is available and makes it known he wants to come here then the club needs to at least look at it. The other top clubs will.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2310: Apr 21, 2023 06:24:44 pm
      If there's a better player out there than Sadio Mane who would be willing to come to us in the summer .... with no CL football next season,  il take him.

We got told we shouldn't go near wijnaldum, too old blah blah blah ... look how that worked out.

If Mane is available and makes it known he wants to come here then the club needs to at least look at it. The other top clubs will.

We have two other players playing in his spot. We have needs in midfield and defense. There's literally no reason to buy Sadio Mane (and we won't be so it really doesn't matter).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #2311: Apr 21, 2023 07:10:42 pm

Gini was 25 when we bought him ffs 🤦‍♂️

We have moved on - time you do
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,047 posts | 2097 
      Reply #2312: Apr 21, 2023 07:37:40 pm
      It'd be a clear no for me on Mane. Obviously I didn't want him to leave but time moves on and time to think longer term. There are plenty of other solutions out there besides Mane. New ones as well
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2313: May 05, 2023 07:13:18 am
      It'd be a clear no for me on Mane. Obviously I didn't want him to leave but time moves on and time to think longer term. There are plenty of other solutions out there besides Mane. New ones as well

Are they better solutions? Or just newer solutions? Bobby is going and will need to be replaced. Mane could do that ... his pressing would help us ... not to mention his pace , goals, creativity and the fact he'd lift the dressing room.

Add to the fact he can play Salah's position as well. We've nobody to play on that side if something happened to Mo.

It's a no brainer ... its common sense. It's good recruitment ... we've not done much of that lately have we. That's why we've been gash all season long.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 724 
      Reply #2314: May 18, 2023 06:08:47 pm
      COME HOME SADIO!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #2315: May 18, 2023 06:53:16 pm
      Don't think he's done too well there has he. I would suggest that leaving LFC is generally not a good idea if you can possibly carry on your good work here. We've got younger players now with different skill sets so it wouldn't be right to go back.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2316: May 18, 2023 07:18:19 pm
      I would take him back
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2317: May 18, 2023 09:29:19 pm
      Don't think he's done too well there has he. I would suggest that leaving LFC is generally not a good idea if you can possibly carry on your good work here. We've got younger players now with different skill sets so it wouldn't be right to go back.

He’s been linked with United. 😱 Christ if that happens you’ll be giving him some stick.  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2318: May 19, 2023 05:35:18 am

As would I

Strengthen every position possible, especially if it's on a free. No Brainer.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2319: May 19, 2023 06:56:46 am
      Can't see him back with us. It's a new era. He will go somwhere sunny. Or psg.  L o l
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,263 posts | 757 
      Reply #2320: May 19, 2023 07:36:37 pm
      Seems to be a fair amount of chatter of him going to Man U. I can't imagine that would sit well with us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2321: May 19, 2023 07:47:42 pm
      Don't think he's the same player. Hard pass for me, and if he goes to United what a foolish move that would be.

Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2322: May 19, 2023 08:58:42 pm
      Seems to be a fair amount of chatter of him going to Man U. I can't imagine that would sit well with us.

Absolute no brainer to bring him back either on loan or a low fee. He would walk back here ... can play anywhere across the front 3. We've nobody to cover salah if something happened to him.

Similar to if we sit on our hands and let rice goto the competition, we will get what we deserve if we allow a player of sadio's quality to join a rival .... and for what? To spite ourselves? We're in no position to spite ourselves. On loan or low fee .... stop fuc*ing around and just do it.

Mane would have to be realistic on his wages though. I'm sure a compromise would be reached. Bring him home. Find me a better player who is a low fee/loan who can play cross the front 3 and crucially right side if salah got hurt , well you can't find a better option.

Quick Reply