Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 264852 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Sadio Mane Player Thread
      Reply #276: Dec 21, 2016 12:43:00 am
      What?! De Bruyne, terrible? He must be in double digits in assists!

Agreed on Mane though, definitely among the very best in the league.

Saw that Neville picked Ibrahimovic... Haha, right!

9 assists, 2 goals.

Mane 4 assists, 8 goals.

KDB hasn't done anything of note, where you think to yourself that it was top class what he has just done. Last season he was boss, this season IMO he hasn't been, far from it.

Lukaku has 9 goals this season but has been absolute pants. Matic even has 6 assists this season so far and he hasn't been anywhere near as consistent as Kante.
      Ibra has 11 goals which is 1 less than Sanchez and 2 less than Costa, and he has been shocking for large parts and went about 8 games without a goal, which you laugh about. So goes to show stats aren't everything they seem.

Just because KDB has managed to get the most assists so far, doesn't mean he has been in great form. Mane has been described as a bargain at 30mill+ after people where questioning the fee to begin with, that goes to show just how much he has been making people take notice of his performances this season and IMO KDB has been no where near that level.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #277: Dec 21, 2016 01:39:24 am
      9 assists, 2 goals.

Mane 4 assists, 8 goals.

KDB hasn't done anything of note, where you think to yourself that it was top class what he has just done. Last season he was boss, this season IMO he hasn't been, far from it.

Lukaku has 9 goals this season but has been absolute pants. Matic even has 6 assists this season so far and he hasn't been anywhere near as consistent as Kante.
      Ibra has 11 goals which is 1 less than Sanchez and 2 less than Costa, and he has been shocking for large parts and went about 8 games without a goal, which you laugh about. So goes to show stats aren't everything they seem.

Just because KDB has managed to get the most assists so far, doesn't mean he has been in great form. Mane has been described as a bargain at 30mill+ after people where questioning the fee to begin with, that goes to show just how much he has been making people take notice of his performances this season and IMO KDB has been no where near that level.

I honestly have no idea which player you have been watching. De Bruyne is very good. I've watched him live twice this season and he's easily one of the most impressive players I've seen live.

I'm not comparing him to Mane or anyone else, for that matter. I don't care if he's in the "team of the half of the season" because it's just a pretty stupid idea anyway, but to say he's been terrible... really? I disagree so strongly I don't even know where to start
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #278: Dec 21, 2016 07:58:57 am
      One of them actually put De Bruyne in, he's been terrible all season.

That's just not true mate. He really hasn't been terrible.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #279: Dec 21, 2016 05:56:30 pm
      I honestly have no idea which player you have been watching. De Bruyne is very good. I've watched him live twice this season and he's easily one of the most impressive players I've seen live.

I'm not comparing him to Mane or anyone else, for that matter. I don't care if he's in the "team of the half of the season" because it's just a pretty stupid idea anyway, but to say he's been terrible... really? I disagree so strongly I don't even know where to start

My reasons are above. Not asking you to agree or trying to change your opinions, not fussed if you disagree or not because we all have different views, be boring if we all had the same, but just giving my reasoning for what I have seen from him this season. You've been impressed, I haven't, simple and fair enough.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #280: Dec 21, 2016 06:46:08 pm
      My reasons are above. Not asking you to agree or trying to change your opinions, not fussed if you disagree or not because we all have different views, be boring if we all had the same, but just giving my reasoning for what I have seen from him this season. You've been impressed, I haven't, simple and fair enough.

I know mate, wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, I was just surprised with what you said as I really disagreed with it.

Anyway, back to Mane! He's pure class and I wish there was no African Cup of Nations this year...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #281: Dec 21, 2016 06:46:45 pm

From what I've seen, which admittedly isn't loads, De Bruyne has been one of the few bright spots for City in a very up and down season.

An absolutely fantastic player, who could easily become world class.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #282: Dec 21, 2016 06:58:50 pm

Sorry but your reasons for why you think De Bruyne is terrible are not above, you just stated an opinion that he was terrible and then soem weird crap about stats not reflecting reality which made no sense at all, especially when judging a striker. I'm sure we would all like to know on what basis you are judging that De Bruyne has been terrible.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #283: Dec 21, 2016 07:35:22 pm

Oh aye yeah, fair enough. I don't think he's been outstanding but I think he will be. Just thought I'd disagree on the 'terrible' part lid.

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #284: Dec 21, 2016 07:50:49 pm
      Well played sadio, thats a few more points for my dream team ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #285: Dec 21, 2016 10:47:32 pm
      Sorry but your reasons for why you think De Bruyne is terrible are not above, you just stated an opinion

Stated my opinion which is therefore my reasons...

then soem weird crap about stats not reflecting reality which made no sense at all, especially when judging a striker.

Should have known there would be somebody who would be unable to get their around it. Obviously it's hit you hard this one.
      Okay, I will try and dumb it down lad...Stats not reflecting reality; Here's an example, Suarez has 50 shots and scores 20 goals, Rondon has 10 shots and scores 9 goals. The stats would suggest Rondon is the better player to have up top but in actual fact, it's not the case at all. Therefore the stats aren't reflecting the reality of the 2.
      Another example, Joe Allen has a 100% pass success rate but virtually all of them are a few yards sideways, Xabi Alonso has a 70% pass success rate, does this make Allen better than Alonso? No.

Link that to Matic for example, he is about joint 2nd highest in assists with 6, yet he has been inconsistent and a shadow of Kante this season.

especially when judging a striker

Why does judging a striker have to be an issue when I am stating my reason? Ibra has 11 goals but in large parts has been poor and went on a long goal drought. Lukaku has 9 goals but has been pants.
      Just because a player has high stats in something doesn't automatically mean they are having a great season.

I'm sure we would all like to know on what basis you are judging that De Bruyne has been terrible.

I won't say it again.

I'm not asking you to agree, I'm not even trying to debate it with you, I said my piece and don't need snardy replies from you just because you don't agree. Take a leaf out of WAHS's book.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #286: Dec 24, 2016 04:28:51 pm
      Imagine this season without Mane in the team. Great buy and never stops, really does remind me of Suarez for some reason.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,768 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #287: Dec 24, 2016 11:29:30 pm
      When does he head off to AFCON?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #288: Dec 24, 2016 11:36:18 pm

His last game will be Sunderland mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,768 posts | 6723 
      Reply #289: Dec 24, 2016 11:38:36 pm
      His last game will be Sunderland mate.

Cheers mate, glad he'll be here for Citeh. Gonna miss him though.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #290: Dec 25, 2016 02:04:07 am
      Checked the playing schedule for the ACON and the games he'll miss.

Africa Cup of Nations: January 14th - February 5th

Group stage:

January 15th: Tunesia - Senegal
      January 19th: Senegal - Zimbabwe
      January 23rd: Senegal - Algeria

Quarter final:

January 28th and 29th

Semi-final:

February 1st and 2nd

Final

February 4th (3rd place game)
      February 5th (final)

Liverpool games in that period:

FA Cup:

3rd round January 8th: Liverpool - Plymouth
      4th round January 28th: Liverpool - X

League:

January 15th: Manchester United - Liverpool
      January 21st: Liverpool - Swansea
      January 31st: Liverpool - Chelsea

February 4th: Hull City - Liverpool

Back for (hopefully):

February 11th: Liverpool - Tottenham

They have a pretty strong team. I think they will top their group in a close contest with Algeria and if they do, they'll make it to the semi-finals at least, which means he won't be back before february 5th. I don't know if players get any time off after the ACON or if they go straight back to their clubs, if they do, we should have him back for the Spurs game. We're going to miss him against the scum and in what might be, depending on the results before that game, a season defining game against the chavs.

He has been absolutely brilliant so far this season, what a buy he turned out to be.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,768 posts | 6723 
      Reply #291: Dec 25, 2016 04:31:11 am
      Thanks for the info Danzel. From a purely selfish reason, hope they get knocked out in the Group stages.  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #292: Dec 25, 2016 12:50:12 pm
      Imagine this season without Mane in the team. Great buy and never stops, really does remind me of Suarez for some reason.

Unfortunately we'll all get a chance to imagine it the whole of January :-(
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #293: Dec 27, 2016 12:46:40 pm
      Unfortunately we'll all get a chance to imagine it the whole of January :-(

Oh yeah true! Forgot about that for a minute. We'll still have plenty of creativity there hopefully though.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #294: Dec 28, 2016 09:54:43 am
      Think this lad has been a great signing, gives us much more of threat going forward.

Sometimes when I see him hold the ball up I wonder how he doesn't lose it more often, he has quite an uncanny knack of keeping himself between the ball and the player. Even when the ball doesn't look to be under his total control he uses his body to good use in shielding the opponent.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #295: Dec 28, 2016 01:09:26 pm
      Think this lad has been a great signing, gives us much more of threat going forward.

Sometimes when I see him hold the ball up I wonder how he doesn't lose it more often, he has quite an uncanny knack of keeping himself between the ball and the player. Even when the ball doesn't look to be under his total control he uses his body to good use in shielding the opponent.
      As you say his close ball control is fantastic.
      I know when we signed him there was some reports saying he had a habit of drifting in an out of games & he was a bit lazy but I have to say I've not seen any of these things from him at all,the guy is a human dynamo and a huge asset to the team.
      Kopite78
      Reply #296: Jan 13, 2017 11:19:17 am
      All being well Senegal finish behind Tunisia and Algeria and he's flying back to Liverpool after Senegal's last game of the group on the 23rd

Fingers crossed
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #297: Jan 13, 2017 11:49:29 am
      All being well Senegal finish behind Tunisia and Algeria and he's flying back to Liverpool after Senegal's last game of the group on the 23rd

Fingers crossed
      Senegal seems quite strong as compared to other teams. As you say, lets hope that he'll play against Chelsea.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #298: Jan 13, 2017 11:52:25 am
      I miss Sadio :'(

Quick Reply