Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 264917 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Sadio Mane Player Thread
      Reply #322: Jan 26, 2017 06:09:57 pm
      Mane takes players out of the game for others. When you have 10 men back then players who can take some of those blokes out of the game become vital. Because of his pace and directness he is vital for us though unlike Suarez he's just a cog in a wheel (Suarez was more or less the wheel in our wheel under Brendan)

We just need somebody who can do it as well as Mane or instead of Mane so that we don't fold when he's absent.

We also struggle when other players are absent for different reasons and thats why we are in a slump.

I'd say Coutinho, Matip, Mane, Milner and perhaps Firminho are all irreplaceable in their own way, in that we can't cope too well if just one of those is missing, because the players coming in to replace them are not up to standard.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #323: Jan 26, 2017 06:29:49 pm

Let me get this... you are a fan of Mane... but you want his country and team to lose and for him to come home massively disappointed.

:o
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #324: Jan 26, 2017 06:41:05 pm
      Let me get this... you are a fan of Mane... but you want his country and team to lose and for him to come home massively disappointed.

Let me get this; you don't?  :o
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #325: Jan 26, 2017 06:52:45 pm

Yeah - Diego sees him first and foremost as an asset to Liverpool because, SHOCK HORROR, he's a Liverpool supporter. That is something you struggle to understand seeing as you are NOT!
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2017 07:33:31 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Kopite78
      Reply #326: Jan 26, 2017 07:13:45 pm

F***ing hell yeah

Liverpool >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>international football
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #327: Jan 26, 2017 07:26:35 pm

Brilliant!  :laugh:

Oh..... you're being serious....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #328: Jan 26, 2017 07:42:57 pm

I am a fan of Mane and want his international team to lose so he'll return quicker, screw AFCON :) Would be even better if he had a falling out with the manager too :D
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #329: Jan 26, 2017 09:03:30 pm

Absolutely. Hope he goes all the way and wins the tournament. Would be a great boost for him.

If you think him playing for LFC is more important (considering that his absence is not our excuse), it's pretty sad and damning really. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #330: Jan 26, 2017 09:12:59 pm
      Absolutely. Hope he goes all the way and wins the tournament. Would be a great boost for him.

If you think him playing for LFC is more important (considering that his absence is not our excuse), it's pretty sad and damning really. 

I'm a liverpool fan mate, of course I do haha. Not arsed about the Senegal national team.

It's not sad or damning at all, don't be so soft :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #331: Jan 26, 2017 09:20:07 pm
      I'm a liverpool fan mate, of course I do haha. Not arsed about the Senegal national team.

It's not sad or damning at all, don't be so soft :lmao:

I think 99% of Liverpool fans feel the same way as you.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #332: Jan 26, 2017 09:43:08 pm

:lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #333: Jan 26, 2017 10:04:27 pm

DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #334: Jan 26, 2017 11:32:26 pm
      Right, so "YNWA" doesn't mean much to you lads.

What happened to supporting the players also? Hoping for the best?

Sounds like a bunch of spoilt fans who don't care what happens so long as LFC wins.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #335: Jan 26, 2017 11:51:41 pm

Sounds like a bunch of spoilt fans who don't care what happens so long as LFC wins.

No one is saying they hope Mane gets kicked off the national team.  We all want him to continue having a fulfilling career with Senegal.  However, if they get knocked out early, we benefit by getting a massively important player back sooner than later.  It's really not that hard to grasp....

Also, people on here are fans of Mane because he is a Liverpool player, not the other way around.  LFC always comes first.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #336: Jan 26, 2017 11:59:40 pm
      No one is saying they hope Mane gets kicked off the national team.  We all want him to continue having a fulfilling career with Senegal.  However, if they get knocked out early, we benefit by getting a massively important player back sooner than later.  It's really not that hard to grasp....

Well, I would be happy if Mane got kicked out of the national team :p but same goes with Coutinho, Firmino etc. Lets be honest, we are all happy that Matip had a falling out with the Cameroon management team, long may it continue tbh.  International is not how it was before, the highest level of football is club football now, so less players on international duty the better for us imo.

What I won't support is Senegal progressing because I want Mane back. However, if Senegal made it to the finals, I hope he wins it. Also, if AFCON wasn't during mid season and played off season, I guess I would be supportive of Senegal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #337: Jan 27, 2017 12:19:55 am

Shock horror! Liverpool supporters don't give a sh*t about Senegal's prospects in a tournament that makes the Johnstone Paints Trophy look like the Champions League!

You don't get this whole 'support Liverpool' malarkey do you. Your remedial understanding of YNWA just reinforced that point.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #338: Jan 27, 2017 12:28:31 am

He won't be alone. He'll have millions of fans welcoming him home when that idiotic tournament is over.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #339: Jan 27, 2017 08:16:43 am

You have to be on a wind up, that post is just to bloody stupid to post on an Lfc fan forum.
      Personally I want to see all our players banned or retired from International football the minute we sign them because I care not one F**k about anything other than the greatest club in the world. If you don't understand that then with the greatest respect, F**k OFF!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #340: Jan 27, 2017 08:35:23 am
      Well, as Claude Puel said, he tasked his team to make us play wide and stop us going through the middle - hence why we played narrow with Coutinho in behind Bobby and Studge.

Because we now lack the cutting edge and pace of Mane from the wider position, there is no danger whatsoever from the wider areas.

Milly and Clyne/TAA essentially, are all we've got from wide areas and our opponents are happy to deal with this - and our crossing numbers to nobody have gone up.

That's what most teams have done to us in his absence, even Plymouth ffs.

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2017 08:47:34 am by Beerbelly »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #341: Jan 27, 2017 11:04:46 am
      Some pressure on this lad when he comes back  :lmao:.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #342: Jan 27, 2017 06:09:57 pm
      Thought i was in the joel matip thread for a bit.We should have john henry's private jet,gassed up on the runway to get Mane the F**k outta there as soon as the final whistle goes,c'mon you cameroons!
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #343: Jan 28, 2017 10:24:15 pm
      A bit ironic -- the lad missed the penalty that sent Senegal home.....

Oh well, Senegal's loss is our gain :)

He should be back and ready to suit up against Hull.  So, if we can scrape a win out against the Chavs on Tuesday then it's game on for the title race!! 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #344: Jan 28, 2017 10:29:14 pm
      A bit ironic -- the lad missed the penalty that sent Senegal home.....

Oh well, Senegal's loss is our gain :)

He should be back and ready to suit up against Hull.  So, if we can scrape a win out against the Chavs on Tuesday then it's game on for the top 4 race!! 

Fixed that for you ;)

Quick Reply